Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? (2796 Views)

Materials On JW And The Watchtower Society / "Is The Watchtower Organisation A Trustworthy Interpreter Of Scripture?" / The Word And The Watchtower: An Exegesis Of John 1:1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Anas09: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
M0ron:

Cults carry no hostages, they don’t apologize

Thousands died because they were cheated that blood transfusion is eating blood. The asinine organization later beat a hasty retreat to accommodate blood components being transfused but not the entire blood. No apologies came forth
I was in the same Hospital with a teenage girl who came in for surgery. After the surgery recovery was hard for her. It was discovered she needed blood, but as a JW, her parents refused blood transfusion. She was gradually epping away when her mother agreed for Serum to be transfused.

Abeg, i no be doctor or nurse, what is serum? because as i dey look the thing, e look like blood.

But dem say no blood mixed with water. Fresh blood wey mix with water no be blood? Like say dem no transfused, that very find girl for die.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Anas09: 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Will you keep quiet? Who is distorting facts here? This one that does not know that his governing body member testified in court concerning the child abuse case. Lol. At least the cabbage is getting to you. So if the pedophilles keep denying you end up leaving the case in Jehovah's hands right? Lol.

Children don suffer. Children even have to face their rapists in front of 3 old men no lawyers present, no police present and no medical report.
So these old men will start asking the child the details of the rape? Then the pedophille denies thereafter, the case is left in Jehovah's hands. Wow
If the child's parents report to police and takes the criminal to court to prove the case, watchtower says the parents privileges should be taken. This consequently leads to the family of the child being shunned.
This is the most inhumane thing I have ever seen or heard of in my life
What kind of evil religion is this?
After they will say their organization is perfect and the true religion. Yet they hide criminals.
*tufiakwa*God forbid*spits out
I'm hearing this for the first time. You really mean this things happen in JW organization?:
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Anas09: 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Come and see how watchtower changed its mouth after so much criticism from the public.

In recent weeks, the press in this country has focused attention on the way accusations of child abuse are handled by various religious organizations. Such reports may cause some sincere individuals to ask about the procedures followed by Jehovah's Witnesses.
We expect the elders to investigate every allegation of child abuse. Even one abused child is one too many. However, in evaluating the evidence, they must bear in mind the Bible's clear direction: "No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin. At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good." (Deuteronomy 19:15) Later, this requirement to consider testimony of two or three witnesses was confirmed by Jesus. (Matthew 18:16) Thus, although they investigate every allegation, the elders are not authorized by the Scriptures to take congregational action unless there is a confession or there are two credible witnesses. However, if two persons are witnesses to separate incidents of the same kind of wrongdoing, their testimony can be deemed sufficient to take action.-" [/b]I Timothy 5:19,24,25." - TO ALL CONGREGATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES Letter to Elders May 24, 2002

[b]It took watchtower organization 7 years to realise that testimony of two or three persons witnessing separate incident is sufficient

For all your inhumane and evil laws you always blame God and the Bible.
So, if a 10yrs old child is raped, she must present 3 witnesses who saw her raped before it'll be believed that she was raped?

This sounds like Islam the devils religion. Men know that this can not happen so will keep doing it. Even the elders could be guilty knowing nothing will happen.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Anas09: 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
OneJ:

JWs everywhere are aware of these legal cases. We won many of them &some others are still pending.
Every sensible & normal person would hear from both sides before they make up their mind but as for U its very easy to see that something is missing upstairs......
Indeed U your IBERIBEISM. is obvious to the world . Hence U come to a public forum to play God to judge & condemn JWs on issues that. the Court of law has yet to pass judgement.
Any one who lives by what he Hates is indeed a sick man. Abegi, pls proceed to Yaba or Uselu to see a shrink for thorough examination.
You won many of such cases, meaning those cases were taken to court?
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
Anas09:

So, if a 10yrs old child is raped, she must present 3 witnesses who saw her raped before it'll be believed that she was raped?

This sounds like Islam the devils religion. Men know that this can not happen so will keep doing it. Even the elders could be guilty knowing nothing will happen.
The thing tire person o. You know the funniest part, when they tell them, they say it's in the Bible and what God says.
They don't know the part where bible says that the man who rapes a woman when there are no witnesses should be stoned to death.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
Anas09:

I'm hearing this for the first time. You really mean this things happen in JW organization?:
Just type Jehovah witness and sexual abuse on Google you will see so many of the cases.
Or Australian Royal commission and Jehovah's witness
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
Anas09:

I was in the same Hospital with a teenage girl who came in for surgery. After the surgery recovery was hard for her. It was discovered she needed blood, but as a JW, her parents refused blood transfusion. She was gradually epping away when her mother agreed for Serum to be transfused.

Abeg, i no be doctor or nurse, what is serum? because as i dey look the thing, e look like blood.

But dem say no blood mixed with water. Fresh blood wey mix with water no be blood? Like say dem no transfused, that very find girl for die.

They accept certain blood components (fractions) eg hemoglobin, albumin, immunoglobulins, clotting factors etc from blood donated by worldly people while they don't accept components (fractions) like red blood cells, White blood cells, platelets and whole blood.

Tell me how they know the fraction/component God said they should allow and reject?
A Man made rule that has killed so many people.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by M0ron: 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
PervertProphet:

I read and digged deeper and was surprised when I saw this information. It was heartbreaking to see they kind of softpedaled allowing for some blood components.
Covering their asses. If they admitted that they were wrong,they’d attract massive suits not to mention lose their infallibility claims. And how would anyone tell whether their current garbage won’t be revised a few years down the line?

1 Like

Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Anas09: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

They accept certain blood components (fractions) eg hemoglobin, albumin, immunoglobulins, clotting factors etc from blood donated by worldly people while they don't accept components (fractions) like red blood cells, White blood cells, platelets and whole blood.

Tell me how they know the fraction/component God said they should allow and reject?
A Man made rule that has killed so many people.
And most of their victims are women
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Anas09: 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The thing tire person o. You know the funniest part, when they tell them, they say it's in the Bible and what God says.
They don't know the part where bible says that the man who rapes a woman when there are no witnesses should be stoned to death.
The satanic tendencies in the JW movement is so subtile you'd think it's God.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by M0ron: 5:16am On Jun 19, 2018
PervertProphet:

I read and digged deeper and was surprised when I saw this information. It was heartbreaking to see they kind of softpedaled allowing for some blood components.
Unremarkable
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by OneJ: 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Any JW who molests a child & it was discovered, JW have always imposed severe sanctions & even excommunicated them. Besides, these incidents which led to the legal suits occurred very long ago, at a time the Law did not properly address these issues. In the same vein, it is only. rcently that the world & Society (including JWs) in general has had greater understanding & awareness about issues of child abuse (How many years ago did the US ,UK & even 9ja enacted the Law on Statutory Rape & related issues? Check am & see for yourselves...)
JWs have always complied with them even as these Laws varies from from place to place.
But for una wicked heart, that's a cover up.
How many of una Daddy G.O serial rapists & adulterous pastorpreneurs who rape young girls & sleep with married & single church women have U ever reported to the Police let alone impose severe sanctions on them?
But una wan get High BP on top the lies & falsehood your evil minds conceive about JW.. Indeed no other faith based group or religious body ,can match the relentless efforts of JWs (all u haters of JW , i challenge U to name your church book or published works on child sexual abuse ) to raise awareness & educate the Society about child abuse like the JW have done in their publications (especially the Awake! Magazine, or go to jw.org ,type in "child sexual abuse" on the search column & see the extensive materials to educate everyone on this subject ) which are very accessible to the public is an overwhelming proof that JWs are very transparent & committed to tackle the issue.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
OneJ:
Any JW who molests a child & it was discovered, JW have always imposed severe sanctions & even excommunicated them. Besides, these incidents which led to the legal suits occurred very long ago, at a time the Law did not properly address these issues. In the same vein, it is only. rcently that the world & Society (including JWs) in general has had greater understanding & awareness about issues of child abuse (How many years ago did the US ,UK & even 9ja enacted the Law on Statutory Rape & related issues? Check am & see for yourselves...)
JWs have always complied with them even as these Laws varies from from place to place.
How many of una Daddy G.O serial rapists & adulterous pastorpreneurs who rape young girls & sleep with married & single church women have U ever reported to the Police let alone impose severe sanctions on them?
But una wan get High BP on top the lies & falsehood your evil minds conceive about JW.. Indeed no other faith based group or religious body ,can match the relentless efforts of JWs (all u haters of JW , i challenge U to name your church book or published works on child sexual abuse ) to raise awareness & educate the Society about child abuse like the JW have done in their publications (especially the Awake! Magazine, or go to jw.org ,type in "child sexual abuse" on the search column & see the extensive materials to educate everyone on this subject ) which are very accessible to the public is an overwhelming proof that JWs are very transparent & committed to tackle the issue.

Did you tell the victims parents to report to the police? Or did the elders inform the police?

When you hear about a crime the right thing to do is inform the police or authority in charge of handling such cases.
Wetin concern daddy GO concern this matter?
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by rottennaija(m): 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
OneJ:

Bros, rest you will head. Watchtower will be held accountable for the lives they have destroyed so far and the ones they will destroy in the future. First, by the government of the day and financial by God himself.

Don't kill yourself on watchtower matter, because last last, you are just dispensable, like everyone else, just a cog in the wheel.

Watchtower use to attack catholics and other churches on child abuse cases. Using that as a means that recruit them. Little did they remember the saying, "he that is living in a glass house should not throw stones."

Can you remind me the last time watchtower accuse catholic in their publications of harboring pedophiles? Why? Because wind don blow fowl yash.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by rottennaija(m): 10:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
OneJ:

Secondly, let me correct you. Any jw can molest a child and get away with it. How? It very simple. Watchtower needs two witness to establish judicial action. Without which, elders will just tell the child or the parent, 'leave matters in Jehovah's hands'. Case close.

Question is, where will a child get his two witnesses to his molestation? Child abuse happens in secret and abusers are people the child knows and trust...father, brother, sister, uncle, family friend, Christian brother or sister.

What if the child is threatened? A child that suffers from trauma?

The simplest and easiest thing to do would be to report any suspected case brought to the attention of elders to the authorities. Even if they have no two witnesses. But let the authorities do their work.
At least the child will be removed from further danger and other children will be protected. Even if watchtower needs to depend on their two witnesses, even if they do not trust DNA samples and other methods employed in the civilized society, at least, allow the case be reported to the authorities.

But watchtower cannot risk that as it would open a Pandora box. They would rather keep the matter sealed. Watchtower tell elders, never tell anyone not to report to the authorities.
But the irony is, any matter of break-in into watchtower premises has to be reported to the authorities immediately. But when matters of child sexual abuse are reported to the elders of jws, their first instruction is to call the legal department of watchtower.

Why the legal department? Why call them? So that watchtower lawyers can check the reporting laws in the region to see how they can go around it. To avoid reporting it.

Another problem? Even if the authorities is made aware, the offended arrested, charge to court, found guilty and sentence. Watchtower instruct elders that it means nothing, as long as they are no two witnesses or the accused confesses to the crime.

Which means the accuse will still continue to be in good standing within the congregation, even while in jail. (I bet you never knew that)

So tell me, why will the organization not be a paradise for pedophiles as it currently is?
Moreso, child sexual abuse is a crime. A very serious one. More like rape. Watchtower should stop treating it like a sin.

Truth is, you know nothing about watchtower and they deadly secret. So stop defending them.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by OneJ: 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
@Hairyranpunzel: U just can't hide the toxic filth in your evil heart to the extent that U make libelous charges U copy & paste but can never prove. Since for your IBERIBE mind, U done know all the offences wey JW done do,U no know road to Court make U slam your million naira suit? Your mumu dey smell.
Govt amended the Laws to adequately address these issues & JWs have done the same & it is in the public domain. Make eee dey pain U well well ! Sad to say that the canker worm in U have eaten up the faintest trace of your humanity . Indeed, U are very gross! Kai !!!!!!
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
OneJ:
@Hairyranpunzel: U just can't hide the toxic filth in your evil heart to the extent that U make libelous charges U copy & paste but can never prove. Since for your IBERIBE mind, U done know all the offences wey JW done do,U no know road to Court make U slam your million naira suit? Your mumu dey smell.
Govt amended the Laws to adequately address these issues & JWs have done the same & it is in the public domain. Make eee dey pain U well well ! Sad to say that the canker worm in U have eaten up the faintest trace of your humanity . Indeed, U are very gross! Kai !!!!!!

Your Shepherd the flock book said if the sexual predator denies abusing the child sexually, they should leave the case in Jehovah's hands. You guys hide pedophilles and rapists. Your man made policies support these crimes.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by OneJ: 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Your Shepherd the flock book said if the sexual predator denies abusing the child sexually, they should leave the case in Jehovah's hands. You guys hide pedophilles and rapists. Your man made policies support these crimes.
BTW, between mortal man & God ,who sees the hearts of men, who is a righteous judge?
SERIAL LIAR, since u claim to have the proof of their crimes, as U mumu reach u still no know the road to Court? If your head really correct, I challenge U to take them to Court, (that's what a sane person would do) ,else, all these your cut & paste is nothing but libel & defamation. Na that kain vice U dey get level gidigba...
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
OneJ:

BTW, between mortal man & God ,who sees the hearts of men, who is a righteous judge?
SERIAL LIAR, since u claim to have the proof of their crimes, as U mumu reach u still no know the road to Court? If your head really correct, I challenge U to take them to Court, (that's what a sane person would do) ,else, all these your cut & paste is nothing but libel & defamation. Na that kain vice U dey get level gidigba...
Your mumu two witness rule is still there. In rape and pedophillia cases the victim needs a second witness of that one episode to testify in their favour.
I can't take watchtower to court. People are already taking them there and watchtower has started paying compensation money.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 22, 2018
OneJ:

Thank God they're revealing what's in their hearts on social media!(Luke 6:45) But it's just not strong enough to stop pure worship! cheesy cheesy cheesy They're only advocating for criticism against orderliness,that's all! These same people won't say a word to you when you knock on their doors but will send you away as if they don't have anything to say. If i'm accusing a whole family for a crime reportedly committed by a member of that same family,am i also guilty when a member of my own family is accused of any crime? Should the accused family forgo all their standards? Am i saying such a crime is only committed within that single family? Is it wise to seize the opportunity asking a member of such a family that's always coming to me or broadcasting it just for pleasure? Well, their immense agitation and agonizing criticism is futile because wisdom has been justified by her children! Luke 7:35
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2018
Riofidelio:
Thank God they're revealing what's in their hearts on social media!(Luke 6:45) But it's just not strong enough to stop pure worship! cheesy cheesy cheesy They're only advocating for criticism against orderliness,that's all! These same people won't say a word to you when you knock on their doors but will send you away as if they don't have anything to say. If i'm accusing a whole family for a crime reportedly committed by a member of that same family,am i also guilty when a member of my own family is accused of any crime? Should the accused family forgo all their standards? Am i saying such a crime is only committed within that single family? Is it wise to seize the opportunity asking a member of such a family that's always coming to me or broadcasting it just for pleasure? Well, their immense agitation and agonizing criticism is futile because wisdom has been justified by her children! Luke 7:35
Thank God it was you who said it's better to keep pedophilles and rapists hidden in the family than reporting them to police.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by OneJ: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Your mumu two witness rule is still there. In rape and pedophillia cases the victim needs a second witness of that one episode to testify in their favour.
I can't take watchtower to court. People are already taking them there and watchtower has started paying compensation money.

"Your mumu two witness rule" is a fabrication of your evil,scum filled heart. Your toxic filth of bigotry, delusion & psychosis have eaten deep & messed up your mind so much that U can never distinguish reality & fantasy.. (sotay U dey fantasize how them judge statutory rape cases & cover it up. U see your life !!!!)
True,true, since JWs expelled U long ago, they have moved far forward beyond the level wey your deluded ,scum filled heart dey reason.
The JWs are humble & law abiding to reform their procedures to conform with the Laws of the Land.
"The JW Scripturally Based Position on Child Protection" ,as their working policy, has already addressed any perceived shortcomings that may arise.
SERIAL LIAR & shameless IBERIBE, I'm done with U.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by OneJ: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

"Your mumu two witness rule" is a fabrication of your evil,scum filled heart. Your toxic filth of bigotry, delusion & psychosis have eaten deep & messed up your mind so much that U can never distinguish reality & fantasy.. (sotay U dey fantasize how them judge statutory rape cases & cover it up. U see your life !!!!)
True,true, since JWs expelled U long ago, they have moved far forward beyond the level wey your deluded ,scum filled heart dey reason.
The JWs are humble & law abiding to reform their procedures to conform with the Laws of the Land.
"The JW Scripturally Based Position on Child Protection" ,as their working policy, has already addressed any perceived shortcomings that may arise.
Offspring of vipers can't hide their satanic agenda. Jehovah pass all of una
SERIAL LIARS & shameless IBERIBE, I'm done with U !

1 Like

Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2018
OneJ:

Come and see na. The truth is bitter and difficult to swallow.

The Watchtower 1995 Nov 1 pp.28-9 gave the following advice regarding accusations of child abuse.

"What Can Elders Do?

If the elders are approached by a member of the congregation who is experiencing flashbacks or repressed memories of child abuse, two of them are usually assigned to help. These elders should kindly encourage the afflicted one to focus for the time being on coping with the emotional distress. The names of any remembered abusers should be kept in strict confidence.

The elders primary task is to act as shepherds. (Isaiah 32:1,2; 1Peter 5:2,3) They should be especially careful to clothe [themselves] with the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, and long-suffering. (Colossians 3:12) Let them listen in a kindly way and then apply healing words from the Scriptures. (Proverbs 12:18) Some who are afflicted with painful memories have expressed appreciation for elders who make regular visits or even telephone calls to check to see how they are doing. Such contacts need not take a lot of time, but they show that Jehovah's organization cares. When the afflicted one realizes that his Christian brothers truly love him, he may be helped to recover a considerable degree of emotional balance.

What if the sufferer decides that he wants to make an accusation? Then the two elders can advise him that, in line with the principle at Matthew 18:15, he should personally approach the accused about the matter. If the accuser is not emotionally able to do this face-to-face, it can be done by telephone or perhaps by writing a letter. In this way the one accused is given the opportunity to go on record before Jehovah with his answer to the accusation. He may even be able to present evidence that he could not have committed the abuse. Or perhaps the one accused will confess, and a reconciliation may be achieved. What a blessing that would be! If there is a confession, the two elders can handle matters further in accordance with Scriptural principles.

If the accusation is denied, the elders should explain to the accuser that nothing more can be done in a judicial way . And the congregation will continue to view the one accused as an innocent person. [/b]The Bible says that there must be two or three witnesses before judicial action can be taken. (2 Corinthians 13:1; 1 Timothy 5:19) [b]Even if more than one person remembers abuse by the same individual, the nature of these recalls is just too uncertain to base judicial decisions on them without other supporting evidence. This does not mean that such memories are viewed as false (or that they are viewed as true). But Bible principles must be followed in establishing a matter judicially.

What if the one accused though denying the wrong doing is really guilty? Does he get away with it, as it were? Certainly not! The question of his guilt or innocence can be safely left in Jehovah's hands. The sins of some men are publicly manifest, leading directly to judgment, but as for other men their sins also become manifest later. (1Timothy 5:24; Romans 12:19; 14:12) The book of Proverbs says: The expectation of the righteous ones is a rejoicing, but the very hope of the wicked ones will perish. When a wicked man dies, his hope perishes. (Proverbs 10:28; 11:7) Ultimately, Jehovah God and Christ Jesus render everlasting judgment in justice. 1 Corinthians 4:5."

Where did the bible outline treatment given to pedophilles and rapists? only in watchtower magazines.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:46am On Jun 22, 2018
OneJ:

In recent weeks, the press in this country has focused attention on the way accusations of child abuse are handled by various religious organizations. Such reports may cause some sincere individuals to ask about the procedures followed by Jehovah's Witnesses.
We expect the elders to investigate every allegation of child abuse. Even one abused child is one too many. However, in evaluating the evidence, they must bear in mind the Bible's clear direction: "No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin. At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good." (Deuteronomy 19:15) [/b]Later, this requirement to consider testimony of two or three witnesses was confirmed by Jesus. (Matthew 18:16) Thus, although they investigate every allegation, the [b]elders are not authorized by the Scriptures to take congregational action unless there is a confession or there are two credible witnesses. However, if two persons are witnesses to separate incidents of the same kind of wrongdoing, their testimony can be deemed sufficient to take action.-" I Timothy 5:19,24,25." - TO ALL CONGREGATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES Letter to Elders May 24, 2002

Them change mouth. Still you must have two witnesses if the pedophille doesn't confess. Liar liar. You wanna lie abi?
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 11:49am On Jun 22, 2018
OneJ:

SERIAL LIAR & shameless IBERIBE, I'm done with U.

Hope you have seen Jw and watchtower stance on pedophillia? They don't even tell the victims parents to go to the police because they don't want to bring reproach on Jehovah's name.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by OneJ: 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Come and see na. The truth is bitter and difficult to swallow.

The Watchtower 1995 Nov 1 pp.28-9 gave the following advice regarding accusations of child abuse.

"What Can Elders Do?

If the elders are approached by a member of the congregation who is experiencing flashbacks or repressed memories of child abuse, two of them are usually assigned to help. These elders should kindly encourage the afflicted one to focus for the time being on coping with the emotional distress. The names of any remembered abusers should be kept in strict confidence.

The elders primary task is to act as shepherds. (Isaiah 32:1,2; 1Peter 5:2,3) They should be especially careful to clothe [themselves] with the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, and long-suffering. (Colossians 3:12) Let them listen in a kindly way and then apply healing words from the Scriptures. (Proverbs 12:18) Some who are afflicted with painful memories have expressed appreciation for elders who make regular visits or even telephone calls to check to see how they are doing. Such contacts need not take a lot of time, but they show that Jehovah's organization cares. When the afflicted one realizes that his Christian brothers truly love him, he may be helped to recover a considerable degree of emotional balance.

What if the sufferer decides that he wants to make an accusation? Then the two elders can advise him that, in line with the principle at Matthew 18:15, he should personally approach the accused about the matter. If the accuser is not emotionally able to do this face-to-face, it can be done by telephone or perhaps by writing a letter. In this way the one accused is given the opportunity to go on record before Jehovah with his answer to the accusation. He may even be able to present evidence that he could not have committed the abuse. Or perhaps the one accused will confess, and a reconciliation may be achieved. What a blessing that would be! If there is a confession, the two elders can handle matters further in accordance with Scriptural principles.

If the accusation is denied, the elders should explain to the accuser that nothing more can be done in a judicial way . And the congregation will continue to view the one accused as an innocent person. [/b]The Bible says that there must be two or three witnesses before judicial action can be taken. (2 Corinthians 13:1; 1 Timothy 5:19) [b]Even if more than one person remembers abuse by the same individual, the nature of these recalls is just too uncertain to base judicial decisions on them without other supporting evidence. This does not mean that such memories are viewed as false (or that they are viewed as true). But Bible principles must be followed in establishing a matter judicially.

What if the one accused though denying the wrong doing is really guilty? Does he get away with it, as it were? Certainly not! The question of his guilt or innocence can be safely left in Jehovah's hands. The sins of some men are publicly manifest, leading directly to judgment, but as for other men their sins also become manifest later. (1Timothy 5:24; Romans 12:19; 14:12) The book of Proverbs says: The expectation of the righteous ones is a rejoicing, but the very hope of the wicked ones will perish. When a wicked man dies, his hope perishes. (Proverbs 10:28; 11:7) Ultimately, Jehovah God and Christ Jesus render everlasting judgment in justice. 1 Corinthians 4:5."

Where did the bible outline treatment given to pedophilles and rapists? only in watchtower magazines.

SERIAL LIAR ,U dey come here dey copy & paste wetin U done distort from 1995 watchtower. How many years ago be that? When did the UK,US Govts etc amend their Laws on this issue?
The JW working policy in the "JW Scripturally Based Position on Child Protection" makes mockery of the lies & falsehood that your toxic scum filled heart & deluded brain has conjured.. Gbawa oso sie eba puo !!!!!!!
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2018
OneJ:

SERIAL LIAR ,U dey come here dey copy & paste wetin U done distort from 1995 watchtower. How many years ago be that? When did the UK,US Govts etc amend their Laws on this issue?
The JW working policy in the "JW Scripturally Based Position on Child Protection" makes mockery of the lies & falsehood that your toxic scum filled heart & deluded brain has conjured.. Gbawa oso sie eba puo !!!!!!!
Lol. Its from your magazine word for word. If you like continue throwing tantrums.
I know the truth is bitter and difficult to swallow. It's difficult to come to the realisation that your gb/spiritual food givers will even think of this evil act.
Cognitive dissonance is at work. You are calling your magazine a distortion because the words and sentences are evil.

Look for the magazine and you will see it verbatim. Kpele and take heart.
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
OneJ:

It's like the God that led you guys in 1995 is different from the one leading you now.
some things you regard as true now will be regarded as lies and distortion in 23 years time.
What a pathetic religion with evil man made religious beliefs.
Hiding criminals and you say it's holy spirits direction
Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2018
OneJ:

He can smell himself now,after all those who aren't biased will reason and perceive that their judgment is not right.It's unjust to accuse everyone living in a community because a member of that same community has been accused of a wrongdoing,it's also evil to start broadcasting something against a whole community simply because a member has been found guilty,it's also obstinate stupidity jubilating for an accusation against a specific community when the same is committed everywhere,it's total madness accusing a whole community indiscriminately and not ready to listen when a member has come to explain what that community upholds.Michael Jackson was accused severally of pedophilia because the accusers noticed that he doesn't sleep around so they suspected Michael is taking advantage of the minors, not until his burial that many of them came forward confessing that they were looking for ways to extort money from him. A Yoruba adage says "Agbo ejo enikan dajo,agba osika ni" meaning "whoever judges an accused without giving him the opportunity to defend his own case adequately is an agent of the devil" That's why whenever Hairy tries to gather people against pure worship but those ones used their brains to think and perceive that what they're fighting for is unjustified they'll walk away and it will once again remain the Disfellowshiped Hairy. What a pity? He doesn't know that if he's accusing a group as a cult whereas himself was a member, then he's also guilty of whatever accusations he's leveling against them. But in this case Hairy's accusation is pointless and meaningless as long as every religious group has wrongdoers and crime is committed everywhere, you can ONLY be particular about a religious group if they're highly commended and much is expected of them. Now that would mean a bonus point of regard for Jehovah's witnesses if not then why so particular about them when it happens everywhere?

1 Like

Re: Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example? by Hairyrapunzel: 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2018
Riofidelio:
He can smell himself now,after all those who aren't biased will reason and perceive that their judgment is not right.It's unjust to accuse everyone living in a community because a member of that same community has been accused of a wrongdoing,it's also evil to start broadcasting something against a whole community simply because a member has been found guilty,it's also obstinate stupidity jubilating for an accusation against a specific community when the same is committed everywhere,it's total madness accusing a whole community indiscriminately and not ready to listen when a member has come to explain what that community upholds.Michael Jackson was accused severally of pedophilia because the accusers noticed that he doesn't sleep around so they suspected Michael is taking advantage of the minors, not until his burial that many of them came forward confessing that they were looking for ways to extort money from him. A Yoruba adage says "Agbo ejo enikan dajo,agba osika ni" meaning "whoever judges an accused without giving him the opportunity to defend his own case adequately is an agent of the devil" That's why whenever Hairy tries to gather people against pure worship but those ones used their brains to think and perceive that what they're fighting for is unjustified they'll walk away and it will once again remain the Disfellowshiped Hairy. What a pity? He doesn't know that if he's accusing a group as a cult whereas himself was a member, then he's also guilty of whatever accusations he's leveling against them. But in this case Hairy's accusation is pointless and meaningless as long as every religious group has wrongdoers and crime is committed everywhere, you can ONLY be particular about a religious group if they're highly commended and much is expected of them. Now that would mean a bonus point of regard for Jehovah's witnesses if not then why so particular about them when it happens everywhere?

You that said hiding pedophilles and rapists in the family is better than reporting them to police.

A man in your church will rape your child. Instead of going to the police to report the criminal, you go to your elders and this man keeps denying the allegation whereas your child keeps saying he raped her. Because there was no other person present the illiterate elders tell you to live it in Jehovah's hands.

You will even tell the rapist or pedophille welcome to the family

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beg God 4 Me Pls. / Why Are Jews Not Christians? / A Greater Evil Than The Tithe Scam !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.