Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Why Are Jews Not Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Jews Not Christians? (2790 Views)

Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin / Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. / Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Afam4eva(m): 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
When i was young i was taught Jews were the main Christians since the bible kinda revolved around them. But growing up, i was made to understand that they're not Christians as they have their own Religion(Judaism). Now, how's it even possible that Nigerians are Christians but the people that were closest to God and Jesus are not. Pls can the Bible scholars in the house tell us the logic behind this and i'll also like to know the history of Christianity.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by MyJoe: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
The short answer is that they did not recognise Jesus as the one they were expecting, that is, the Messiah.

But that was in a past era. The Jews of today largely don't care about all that "God's people's" stuff. In fact, a large minority of Israel's population is atheist. You see, almost every tribe in the world has myths that try to explain how the world began. The Igbo have the Eri myth. The Yoruba have Oduduwa and so on. Now, imagine what would have happened if Yorubas had a written culture and had conquered the world and exported their religion to other peoples. Everyone following the religion would believe that Oduduwa descended from heaven at Ile-Ife and that was how the world began - the way everyone following Christianity once believed that God piled some sand together, molded a Jewish man and breathed into his nose the breath of life and thus came all men.

Many modern Jews recognise all these for the myth it is. As for the religious Jews, refer to my first paragraph. They believe Jesus was an impostor since they expected that when the Messiah came, he would take on the Romans and liberate them from bondage, which Jesus did not do. They hold on to Judaism, but their Judaism is an evolved one. For example, they don't kill animals for burnt sacrifices. Only Christians still believe in blood sacrifices.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Afam4eva(m): 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
MyJoe: The short answer is that they did not recognise Jesus as the one they were expecting, that is, the Messiah.

But that was in a past era. The Jews of today largely don't care about all that "God's people's" stuff. In fact, a large minority of Israel's population is atheist. You see, almost every tribe in the world has myths that try to explain how the world began. The Igbo have the Eri myth. The Yoruba has the Oduduwa and so on. Now, imagine what would have happened if Yorubas had a written culture and had conquered the world and exported their religion to other peoples. Everyone following the religion would believe that Oduduwa descended from heaven at Ile-Ife and that was how the world began - the way everyone following Christianity once believed that God piled sand together, molded a Jewish man and breathed into his nose the breath of life.

Many modern Jews recognise all these for the myth it is. As for the religious Jews, refer to my first paragraph. They believe Jesus was an impostor since they expected that when the Messiah came, he would take on the Romans and liberate them from bondage, which Jesus did not do. They hold on to Judaism, but their Judaism is an evolved one. For example, they don't kill animals for burnt sacrifices. Only Christians still believe in blood sacrifices.
You're right.

Christianity became prominent because it was the religion of the world powers.

But what i really want to know is how Jews are not Christians yet the religion supposedly started from there. Just imagine if Americans start worshipping amadioha as their religion and Igbos that are supposed to be the frontrunners don't worship amadioha.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva: When i was young i was taught Jews were the main Christians since the bible kinda revolved around them. But growing up, i was made to understand that they're not Christians as they have their own Religion(Judaism). Now, how's it even possible that Nigerians are Christians but the people that were closest to God and Jesus are not. Pls can the Bible scholars in the house tell us the logic behind this and i'll also like to know the history of Christianity.

I'm not sure you ever read the book of romans. It is explicitly stated there that the jews REJECTED Christ.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by buzugee(m): 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
EDIT
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Afam4eva(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
buzugee: jews are christians. all the jews i know follow christ. however if you are speaking about the people who reside in israel who call themselves jews ? they are not christians. they formed their own way of worship centred around the talmud called judaism
So, which of the jews are Christians. Arev the Jews in israel not the main Jews? Even the ones in America and other parts of the world practice judaism as well.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Afam4eva(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2012
davidylan:

I'm not sure you ever read the book of romans. It is explicitly stated there that the jews REJECTED Christ.
I'll like to see this part of the bible.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
I'll like to see this part of the bible.

Romans 8-11.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Afam4eva(m): 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
davidylan:

Romans 8-11.
Here's what i saw

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Delafruita(m): 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2012
buzugee: jews are christians. all the jews i know follow christ. however if you are speaking about the people who reside in israel who call themselves jews ? they are not christians. they formed their own way of worship centred around the talmud called judaism
the world recognises the modern day isrealites as the jews of old.i wonder where you get your own jews from
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Here's what i saw

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal.

I meant read Romans from chapter 8 down to chapter 11.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by buzugee(m): 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
CASTING PEARLS BEFORE SWINES
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by buzugee(m): 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
EDIT
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Afam4eva(m): 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
buzugee:
what is the real color of the real jews ?

lamentations 4 vs 8 Their appearance is now blacker than coal;

lamentations 5 vs 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine

jeremiah 14 vs 2 they are black to the ground;

job 30 vs 30 My skin is black

CONCLUSION- and to corroborate you can get a book called babylon to timbucktu. the real jews dont know who they are today because they are now called igbo yoruba asante fante ga lemba zulu haitian, african american, brazillian ( and everything in between ) NEGROS.
All these bible quotes were not meant to be in the literal sense.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
buzugee: jews do not have white skin. the real jews have been discontinued from their heritage. this is a biblical prophesy that came to pass. they are the lost tribes now. they are walking around and dont know that they are the real jews. here is the biblical prophesy

jeremiah 17 vs 4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; lost their heritage as jews when they got kicked out of northeast africa ( called israel today ) to west africa by the romans in 70 AD.

SO WHO TOOK THEIR HERITAGE ?

REVELATION 2 VS 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

REVELATION 3 VS 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

ZECHARIAH 9 VS 6 And an impostor shall dwell in Ashdod ( israel )

lamentations 5 vs 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine

CONCLUSION- and to corroborate you can get a book called babylon to timbucktu. the real jews dont know who they are today because they are now called igbo yoruba asante fante ga lemba zulu haitian, african american, brazillian ( and everything in between ) NEGROS.

SMH in tremendous pity.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by buzugee(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
grin grin grin SCOFFERS
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by MrAnony1(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
davidylan:

SMH in tremendous pity.

LoL, it is like this is your first time encountering buzugee
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by buzugee(m): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:

LoL, it is like this is your first time encountering buzugee

lol i had no idea i was a jew. shocked
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
buzugee: I NEED YALL TO EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. THIS IS A PROPHESY THAT WAS TO HAPPEN TO THE REAL JEWS

DEUTERONOMY 28 VS 48 He will put an iron yoke on your neck until he has destroyed you.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc317/j_connor/yoke_iron.jpg

http://3.bp..com/-ZbBZoXlD_-U/T07nA04aSCI/AAAAAAAAA-M/B9p-Rwj56vg/s1600/kunta+kinte.jpg

http://israelunite.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/slaveironyoke.jpg

See, i found another jew

http://www.theblazingcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/wsb_584x383_Bullock_yokes.jpg

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by buzugee(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by MrAnony1(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
davidylan:

See, i found another jew

http://www.theblazingcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/wsb_584x383_Bullock_yokes.jpg

ROFL hahahahahaha! Una no go kill me for hia!
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by buzugee(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
davidylan:

See, i found another jew

you aint knocking off basketmouth off his platform anytime soon grin grin
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by Delafruita(m): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
buzugee: jews do not have white skin. the real jews have been discontinued from their heritage. this is a biblical prophesy that came to pass. they are the lost tribes now. they are walking around and dont know that they are the real jews. here is the biblical prophesy

jeremiah 17 vs 4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; lost their heritage as jews when they got kicked out of northeast africa ( called israel today ) to west africa by the romans in 70 AD.

SO WHO TOOK THEIR HERITAGE ?

REVELATION 2 VS 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

REVELATION 3 VS 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

ZECHARIAH 9 VS 6 And an impostor shall dwell in Ashdod ( israel )

oga,you try
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by okeyxyz(m): 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
jews are not christians because they don't believe the "story" that Jesus is the "Christ(Messiah)". Simples.
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by DICKtator: 12:01am On Jul 12, 2012
When Jesus said a prophet isn't honoured in his home? y'all thought he was joking?
The bible is ubiquitous, Just get one and find the revelation to this question(s)
Even Paul ( A gentile) had more books in the bible than the jewish disciples.
Why do you think the name Judas is popular in Israel? because Judas iscariot is seen as a hero cos Jesus was labelled a blasphemer,comparing himself to God and Moses; Also Judas Maccabees was the kinda Messiah the Jews envisaged. Not a carpenter's son preaching a new gospel
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by dayokanu(m): 3:36am On Jul 12, 2012
Just the same way Yoruba traditional religion is embraced in the carribeans and Part of South America while its almost extinct in the Yoruba states itself.

There might be more Ifa worshippers in Cuba than in Nigeria
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by mkmyers45(m): 6:38am On Jul 12, 2012
afam4eva:
All these bible quotes were not meant to be in the literal sense.
what do you mean?
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by mkmyers45(m): 6:40am On Jul 12, 2012
Historically and due to Archaelogical evidence the real Jews are not the ones in isreal due to Biblical and Historical Accounts.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by buzugee(m): 7:01am On Jul 12, 2012
mkmyers45: Historically and due to Archaelogical evidence the real Jews are not the ones in isreal due to Biblical and Historical Accounts.
finally, someone with some sense and knowledge. mkmyers45 we got a form an alliance on this forum so we can slap knowledge into all these uncle tom azz niggaz up in here grin grin
Re: Why Are Jews Not Christians? by buzugee(m): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2012
mkmyers45: what do you mean?
he means someone of his skin color is too worthless to be in the bible. he means us blacks are born slaves and will die as slaves. we are worthless niggers with low IQ. we are ugly niggers and we should worship beautiful white people. thats what he means. he means blacks are the vilest creatures on earth who can never amount to nothing. thats what he means cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

HICC Challenges Nigerian Christian Men In 5ms / Christians Please... / AGAIN !!! Pastor Forces Church Members To Eat Their Pants And Bra(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.