Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Five Effective Ways To Know When To Stop! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five Effective Ways To Know When To Stop! (535 Views)

Childish Ways Most Guys Behave That Has Got To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Effective Ways To Know When To Stop! by Sarahkay(f): 12:57am On Jun 12, 2018
Earlier last week, I was waiting in a saloon for a friend to finish up with her hair and I couldn't help but eavesdrop on a conversation..that's bad.. yes!..but everyday is a learning day right?..
So I wasn't really interested in this conversation till I heard this lady say..
"After giving her food, clothing, shelter and money for years..she thinks she can get married like that and just forget me?..no way..I'll find her number and I'll make sure we become friends again.. who doesn't want foreign Money?"..
Well..the lady who said the words above actually happened to have this girl she used to be friends with, she claimed to have housed her and fed her for years before the girl got lucky and got married to a man who stays abroad!. Unfortunately, the ladies lost communication and the lady in the saloon have reasons to believe the person she helped has been avoiding her for some reasons and even though she's made all attempt to reach her, all has proven abortive. Now, this lady in the saloon is ready to go Miles just to get this girl's friendship back..even if it means being insulted..why?.. because she can't miss "American money"..funny right?..
I listened and I thought...do we not know when to stop?...
Often..no..more than often, we've continually pushed for what's not even there..what's not even worth pushing and I think if it's taking too hard to get back...why not just stop!
The lady in the above scenario looked desperate, her words could show it and with all Indications, was trying to reach someone who didn't want to be reached..
Her friend could be called selfish... ungrateful...etc..but since I'm ignorant to the true story..I would rather keep my opinion..but then..till when will she be constantly humiliated?..
Most of us are like her...we just don't know when to stop.. we "die here"..(I like the words in the context because it just connects)..
Well..not intending to blame anyone since I believe not everyone knows when to stop. Because of this reason, I'll be giving us five effective ways to know when to stop!.. signs that shows you just have to stop!.

1. You see yourself trying too much!
It's totally okay to try. In fact it shows a sign of maturity but when you're trying too hard..it shows a sign of desperation..is it a relationship?..a friendship?..what really?..if it's right, it's not supposed to be hard. If you wake up one morning and you're trying harder than you used to..harder to make it work..harder to get his/her attention..harder to talk..harder to communicate.. harder to even get them to listen or stay. It's time..you just need to stop!

2.they give you that go-away signal!
...I can't talk right now...I'm in a meeting .I'll call you back..(but they never do).. excuses keep arising. It's always there...we know it is..we've all seen it in one way or the other..that go-away signal. You're suddenly boring them with your long calls and texts...your visit no longer seems pleasant..they try to shorten their time with you... believe it...the end date is here.

3.you tend to become desperate
Selena Gomez made a very great point when she sang.."everything comes naturally"..she said "you follow what you feel inside...it's intuitive you don't have to try, it comes naturally..."...
When you're been desperate and forcing yourself and the other person to do what they don't wanna do.. it's desperation and no longer natural. When you see yourself in a Need to do anything to get their attention.. stop!..why fight for something you deserve?..when you start fighting..it can only mean you no longer deserve that... maybe you deserve even better..
To keep going...click..�
http://sarahkayysblog..com/2018/06/five-effective-ways-to-know-when-to-stop.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Effective Ways To Know When To Stop! by chiommy123(f): 4:55am On Jun 12, 2018
its important you know yourself worth and not allow anyone trample on you.
Re: Five Effective Ways To Know When To Stop! by Bluezy13(m): 5:35am On Jun 12, 2018
Thread for women.

(1) (Reply)

Five Signs Your Partner Is Controlling / 14 Signs You Might Be Pregnant, You Should Never Ignore #6 / Pls, I Need Advice Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.