Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

My Personal Brand - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Personal Brand (422 Views)

How To Build An Impressive Personal Brand As A Creative - Victorwinners.com / My Personal Review Of Smartweb Nigeria / My Personal Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Personal Brand by SotonyeBob(f): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
“Until someone sees you and calls you your business name, you’ve not started doing business”.

This was the message that got the Tek-Preneurs at the May 2018 Tek-PRENIT session applauding.

Before then, – not like I was felt I had arrived or anything of that sort, but I was satisfied doing business on a low key.

I didn’t find it necessary getting the “whole” world know what I was up to, the business I was into or what I stood for.

As far as family and close friends were updated, that was fine by me. The rest of the world would probably know when I hit it big *winks*.

This was my mindset (a very bad one at that), until those words came forth and changed everything.

Branding is not just for businesses or corporate organizations. There are two kinds of branding; corporate and personal/entrepreneurial branding.

And apart from consistency, one way I know people would know you for your business, is if you’ve been able to portray your individuality as a brand.

my personal brand, personal branding

People should link you to your business and not the other way round. Even when your business becomes and international trademark, people should have known the brain behind it.

Imagine a scenario where your corporate brand is strong and worldwide but nobody knows it’s you or worse, an instance where someone else publicly takes your glory, I’m sure you wouldn’t find it funny.

Building your own personal brand is therefore very important in business and can go a long way to spur your business to the top.

It has become a requirement for anyone looking to grow their business, get a better job, get noticed by the press, take their career to the next level or meet new, high quality friends and industry recognition

Earlier in I want to share a coke, we made it clear that strategic branding can lead to a strong brand equity that adds value to your company’s products or services so that you have two assets, Your Brand and Your Business.

But with a high-quality personal branding, you have 3 assets – Your Corporate Brand, Your Business and You. I call it the “Triple Asset”.

branding

And it takes more than just a decision to create or build one. Just like you define your corporate brand personality, your personal brand has to be discovered and defined.

And if you don’t have a powerful and visible personal brand, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage in almost every aspect of your professional, business and personal life.

Walt Disney, Robert Kiyosaki, Donald Trump, Tony Elumelu and Strive Mayisiwa are entrepreneurial brands.

If you have not discovered yourself and values and how the heck did you build your corporate brand?

President of the United States, Donald Trump uses his last name extensively on his buildings and on the products he endorses (e.g. Trump Tower). Some say his brand is even bigger than his business. This is personal branding.

It is simply the practice of people marketing themselves and their careers as brands.

Truth be told, almost every individual has a personal brand. But not many of us have consciously cultivated these brands.

So these are ways or things to consider in other to create a strong and visible personal brand.

Think like you’re a brand

What do you wish for people to associate with you when they think of your name?

Is there a certain subject matter in which you want to be perceived as an https://www.tekxus.com/blog/2018/06/11/my-personal-brand/

Re: My Personal Brand by tuhamworld: 10:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
Nice tips
Re: My Personal Brand by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 13, 2018
SotonyeBob:
“Until someone sees you and calls you your business name, you’ve not started doing business”.

This was the message that got the Tek-Preneurs at the May 2018 Tek-PRENIT session applauding.

Before then, – not like I was felt I had arrived or anything of that sort, but I was satisfied doing business on a low key.

I didn’t find it necessary getting the “whole” world know what I was up to, the business I was into or what I stood for.

As far as family and close friends were updated, that was fine by me. The rest of the world would probably know when I hit it big *winks*.

This was my mindset (a very bad one at that), until those words came forth and changed everything.

Branding is not just for businesses or corporate organizations. There are two kinds of branding; corporate and personal/entrepreneurial branding.

And apart from consistency, one way I know people would know you for your business, is if you’ve been able to portray your individuality as a brand.

my personal brand, personal branding

People should link you to your business and not the other way round. Even when your business becomes and international trademark, people should have known the brain behind it.

Imagine a scenario where your corporate brand is strong and worldwide but nobody knows it’s you or worse, an instance where someone else publicly takes your glory, I’m sure you wouldn’t find it funny.

Building your own personal brand is therefore very important in business and can go a long way to spur your business to the top.

It has become a requirement for anyone looking to grow their business, get a better job, get noticed by the press, take their career to the next level or meet new, high quality friends and industry recognition

Earlier in I want to share a coke, we made it clear that strategic branding can lead to a strong brand equity that adds value to your company’s products or services so that you have two assets, Your Brand and Your Business.

But with a high-quality personal branding, you have 3 assets – Your Corporate Brand, Your Business and You. I call it the “Triple Asset”.

branding

And it takes more than just a decision to create or build one. Just like you define your corporate brand personality, your personal brand has to be discovered and defined.

And if you don’t have a powerful and visible personal brand, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage in almost every aspect of your professional, business and personal life.

Walt Disney, Robert Kiyosaki, Donald Trump, Tony Elumelu and Strive Mayisiwa are entrepreneurial brands.

If you have not discovered yourself and values and how the heck did you build your corporate brand?

President of the United States, Donald Trump uses his last name extensively on his buildings and on the products he endorses (e.g. Trump Tower). Some say his brand is even bigger than his business. This is personal branding.

It is simply the practice of people marketing themselves and their careers as brands.

Truth be told, almost every individual has a personal brand. But not many of us have consciously cultivated these brands.

So these are ways or things to consider in other to create a strong and visible personal brand.

Think like you’re a brand

What do you wish for people to associate with you when they think of your name?

Is there a certain subject matter in which you want to be perceived as an https://www.tekxus.com/blog/2018/06/11/my-personal-brand/
Nice article, it was worth my read. Please do keep articles like these coming. Thanks once again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Grow An Email List Of 25,000 Subscribers / How Can I Link My Wordpress Subdirectory/subfolder To My Google Analytics / 10 Tips In Creating Effective And Responsive Websites For Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.