Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK (1264 Views)

Naira Swap: Customers Cook And Eat Noodle At GTBank In Aba (Video, Pictures) / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by henrixx(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
I went to the bank GTBANK precisely to withdraw some sums and i discovered this. A #100 note sandwiched in #500notes. I was shocked. This is the first time i'm experiencing this, next transaction i went to the bank i showed this picture? They said its diamond bank that gave them the cash and the fault is from them

Another bad experience was an incomplete wrap of 99 #500notes counted as 100. I complained the next time i went to the bank and they said its not possible.

someone transferred some money to my account and my balance became automatically short of 1k. Till today no alert of why it was deducted.

Lastly i ordered some items on jumia. I received only one otp code but payment was duplicated and items also duplicated. Till today its a mystery

We have to be careful with these banks nowadays.

Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by decatalyst(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2018
Are you sure u ain't doing this to tempt lalasticlala to push this to front page? undecided

Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by dingbang(m): 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
Always count your money before leaving the bank's premises. Besides gt bank can't pay you with another bank's note wrapper

2 Likes

Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by henrixx(m): 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
dingbang:
Always count your money before leaving the bank's premises. Besides gt bank can't pay you with another bank's note wrapper
what shocked lol.... They do.... Maybe you only use atms. Meanwhile my withdrawals at counter usually large so i cant stay there counting
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by henrixx(m): 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
decatalyst:
Are you sure u ain't doing this to tempt lalasticlala to push this to front page? undecided
story.
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by dingbang(m): 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
henrixx:
what shocked lol.... They do.... Maybe you only use atms. Meanwhile my withdrawals at counter usually large so i cant stay there counting
big man..
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by henrixx(m): 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
dingbang:
big man..
not so o. The bank dey provoke me now big time. Im thinking of switching. The only good thing is the fast e-service. Go to the bank alot of people complaining trying to fight theeir staff over one thing or the other haba
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by Silvawazza(m): 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
henrixx:
not so o. The bank dey provoke me now big time. Im thinking of switching. The only good thing is the fast e-service. Go to the bank alot of people complaining trying to fight theeir staff over one thing or the other haba
Lol.. I recollect I once told u abt this bank wen we did a transaction den and took so long before u got alert.
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by henrixx(m): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
Silvawazza:

Lol.. I recollect I once told u abt this bank wen we did a transaction den and took so long before u got alert.
i will soon quit bro. Im tired.
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by Silvawazza(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2018
henrixx:
i will soon quit bro. Im tired.
Datz d best option bro..
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by GMBuhari: 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
Mistakes happen but when it becomes rampant , then it's something else

Also if you used GTB , your money should not carry Diamond bank band , even if cash from Diamond is deposited to GT, every bank recounts the money and replace it with their own band
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by henrixx(m): 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
GMBuhari:
Mistakes happen but when it becomes rampant , then it's something else

Also if you used GTB , your money should not carry Diamond bank band , even if cash from Diamond is deposited to GT, every bank recounts the money and replace it with their own band
. This is not first time its happening. Ive even collected some showing zenith. Maybe ill ask for explanation how that happens

Even one day i went to pay money in bank and this lady removed a bad #1000 note rejecting it. I was shocked and angrily questioned why a bank should reject a legal tender. She then took it. Even the ones we collect are so bad. Some people withdraw at atms and have to take the money back inside to request for a change. Still they will carry same returned money and put back into atm

We Nigerians must come out to speak against these things. We cant keep suffering in every sector in nigeria. Things are going bad everyday and we say nothing. Your hard earned money cant be kept safe in bank again haba
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by ggoldmine: 12:39am On Jun 14, 2018
1, The band clearly showed Diamond bank issued the cash not GT Bank… GT Bank can't issue cash with diamond bank's band. Even if the depositor paid in with the diamond bank's band, it'll be torn out and replaced with GT bank's band.

2, They said it wasn't possible because the monies are counted manually at the close of work and also at the point of issue. You should have asked them to recount it in your presence.

3, Check your ATM card, GT Bank usually deducts fee for ATM renewal 2 weeks before card expiration. You should have reported to the bank.

4, That might be due to a poor network condition. You wrote that the items were duplicated, obviously, the second item didn't pay for itself.
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by okwabayi(m): 5:16am On Jun 14, 2018
I learned to always count my money from watching my father as a child. The joy which always filled his face when he flicked every note away from the other made me feel there was something special, maybe otherworldly to it, something I must experience when I get to his age.

Sadly I'm a grown man now. I've counted money many times. There's nothing special to it and for sure nothing enjoyable about it. The habit remains anyway. I can't say it's all doom and gloom, at least I have never gotten shortchanged by Nigerian banks. I've caught tellers many a time trying to pull a fast one on me.
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by henrixx(m): 5:51am On Jun 14, 2018
ggoldmine:
1, The band clearly showed Diamond bank issued the cash not GT Bank… GT Bank can't issue cash with diamond bank's band. Even if the depositor paid in with the diamond bank's band, it'll be torn out and replaced with GT bank's band.

2, They said it wasn't possible because the monies are counted manually at the close of work and also at the point of issue. You should have asked them to recount it in your presence.

3, Check your ATM card, GT Bank usually deducts fee for ATM renewal 2 weeks before card expiration. You should have reported to the bank.

4, That might be due to a poor network condition. You wrote that the items were duplicated, obviously, the second item didn't pay for itself.
oga thats the reason i put GtBANk in capital letters for emphasis because i know people will doubt that diamond money is in gt. If you do withdraw in bulk then its not a mystery to see money wrapped with another banks logo. Secondly The money is a large amount and they dont count such at counter. They just go to bulkroom bring the bunch and give you. All i do is to check if the bunch are complete. They only count money thst isn't already wrapped.

What renewal are you talking about... My card that is to expire by around 2020. Moreover is it 1k they will deduct for card

As for jumjs stuff. Payment went twice and same item delivered in duplicates... Im saying what i know mr man your points are too defensive and off
Re: My Bad And Shocking Experience At GTBANK by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
henrixx:
oga thats the reason i put GtBANk in capital letters for emphasis because i know people will doubt that diamond money is in gt. If you do withdraw in bulk then its not a mystery to see money wrapped with another banks logo. Secondly The money is a large amount and they dont count such at counter. They just go to bulkroom bring the bunch and give you. All i do is to check if the bunch are complete. They only count money thst isn't already wrapped.

What renewal are you talking about... My card that is to expire by around 2020. Moreover is it 1k they will deduct for card

As for jumjs stuff. Payment went twice and same item delivered in duplicates... Im saying what i know mr man your points are too defensive and off
Youre right .
Gtbank wont even remove that white tape thing that hold a bundle together let alone count or change the wrap .
Very lazy set of people angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

American Used Samsung Galaxy Phones And Uk Used Iphones For Sale / 500k Business / Trash To Dollar (elamant)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.