Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer (17505 Views)

Keyamo: I Am Happy About The Issues Obi Raised In His Election Petitions / Keyamo: I Will Quit Tinubu’s Campaign If Asked Not To Pursue Atiku’s Case / Festus Keyamo: I Can Drive From Abuja To Kaduna Without Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Justinah4real(f): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2018
BeingFrank:
cry When You've Sold Your Soul To The Devil, The Truth Irritates You, Your Sight, Brain And Ears Feel Numb. Your Sources Of Happiness Include, Seeing Your People Being Murdered Daily By Fulani Herdsmen And Your Neighbour Starving To Death Everyday Due To Badly Raped Economy. Bad Elements In The Society.

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Newpride(m): 9:43am On Jun 14, 2018
Turkey of all countries shocked shocked

Na wa

I dey tell u, the lady is graduate at the same time qualify and standard tailoring experience.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by deeone10: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
This man is shameless

Useless swine

See how peanuts can make someone lose all respect and sanity

Cc lzaa Evablizin
swine shocked chai
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by wink2015(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2018
Barrister Festus Keyamo don dey take baby milk from the federal government.

So he double speak to keep Buhari happy.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by slap1(m): 9:50am On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:
Igbos are the only people I know who stand at one place and refuse to move no matter what. If u notice u will see how FFK that was saying all manner of ill against gej eventually became his highest supporter. Also see how Doyin okupe who said all sorts of things against buhari is now supporting him.

U can never find an Igbo man that shape-shifts.
Yorubas on the other hand will work for u today and work against u tomorrow

I am Igbo. I agree to an extent, but we have someone like OUK.

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by ahiboilandgas: 9:50am On Jun 14, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

You think everyone is hungry like you
yes from ur profile name u radiate bitterness ,hate ,and hunger...even non hungry Bianca ojukwu collected Nigerian ambassordor appointment talkless of starving nonenity like u
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by breakeven: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2018
Keyamo has become something else. So this is how power make you lie and talk from both side of the mouth? Omashewu o o. undecidedb undecided
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by profem1(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2018
But he believes NBS numbers on Nigeria's economy growth... SMH

About 2 weeks ago, NBS was meant to publish unemployment numbers but it didn't get published. I'm pretty sure these propagandists were behind it.

1960ng:
Festus Keyamo, senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), does not believe the figures of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on increase in poverty under the current administration President Mohammadu Buhari.

San FestusKeyamo, who is spokesman of the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari, disclosed this in a chat with a Interviewer.

Asked why he thought Buhari deserved re-election in light of reports on growing poverty and the weak economy, Keyamo said, “Where does the National Bureau of Statistics get its figures from? I don’t believe those statistics!”Nigerian are becoming richer under Buhari the NBS are liars.

Statistics from the NBS show that unemployment has been on the increase under Buhari, millions of people lost their jobs from 2015 till date.

According to the bureau, 18.80 percent where unemployed in the third quarter of 2017, compared to the 9.90 percent in the third quarter of 2015.

Keyamo expressed optimism that Buhari would be re-elected in 2019, saying the president will instil a different political culture in the country before he retires and he is better than any Leader Nigeria has seen.

“He (Buhari) needs time to instil that culture different from what we have learnt government is all about,” he said.

Let’s be honest, most young people of our generation grew up to know only the PDP system, which is – and was – only about money.”

The Buhari re-election campaign spokesman said unlike the PDP “whose oxygen is money”, Buhari did not need federal funds to clinch his re-election, saying his supporters would be happy to sell their possessions and go hungry for his re-election.

He said Buhari also needed to consolidate his anti-corruption war and deal a final blow on insecurity, describing insinuations that the president was sponsoring herdsmen as “satanic and idiotic.”

He also spoke on the president’s reference to Nigerian youths as “lazy”; allegations that he abandoned the defendant in the Ozubulu church killings to join Buhari; and what he thought his former mentor and leading human rights lawyer, Gani Fawehimi (SAN), would have done with Buhari’s government.

When asked if he would support full disclosure of the health status of all the candidates in the 2019 campaign, Keyamo said, “I agree that candidates should declare their health status. But if somebody is sick and is well and now discloses that he is well now, fine. He (Buhari) is ready to go; he is fit to go. Abacha was not sick at all, no history; yet he slumped and died.”

He also expressed support for presidential debate and President Buhari will be ready than ever.

https://www.1960ng.com/2018/06/13/i-dont-believe-nbs-figures-says-keyamo-on-growing-poverty-under-buhari/
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Temple1288(m): 9:57am On Jun 14, 2018
Go to Emeka Okonkwo's Instagram page and see how poor Nigerian citizens re becoming.. Acct numbers floating like waterproof
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by excel101(m): 10:00am On Jun 14, 2018
Its Very regrettable that Keyamo will make such reaction at condemning statistical statements from the findings of an institution as NBS ( National Bureau of Statistics) that statistically unemployment and poverty level in Nigeria has exponentially increased. Rather than promising an improvement, he went as far as calling them names "liars". I hope Nigerians are listening.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by macaphan007(m): 10:04am On Jun 14, 2018
Every man has a price.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by globexpo: 10:10am On Jun 14, 2018
He just started perceiving the body odour
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by davidque: 10:13am On Jun 14, 2018
Its quite dumb to think NBS figures arent correct. This same NBS indicted the previous government on several issues. If things are really improving, it will be very obvious, you wouldnt need statistics to prove it

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by bejeria101(m): 10:16am On Jun 14, 2018
It is you and the relic we should belive abi?
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Myself2(m): 10:17am On Jun 14, 2018
Who knows s surprised if Festus Keyamo does not believe the figures released by NBS made up of very credible and highly acclaimed statisticians.
Obviously Festus Keyamo had deep phobia for simple arithmetic in primary school and mathematics in secondary, hence he avoided anything that had to do with numbers and summation
However he should not elevate his intellectual handicap to an opinion that should be given national acceptance
The idiot says Nigerians are getting richer, what time frame is he considering ? does this goat live in Nigeria ? Or he thinks everybody has access to whatever he and his type have access to that is making them richer

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by frankwyte: 10:19am On Jun 14, 2018
I love this man in his early life b4 SAN was awarded to him but now he enjoys more discredite to his name. This how you know those who will live above board when giving the opportunity!
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by bobby86(m): 10:20am On Jun 14, 2018
God will punish you,your like and your evil party.Posterity will judge you all for the hardship you brought on this country.In the history of this nation Buhari administration is second to non in terms of austerity, both his military and civilian regimes is hell.keyamo is evil
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by tafabaloo(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2018
What do you expect a man that got his SANship based on political patronage.

Now I understand the sharp difference between a learned and what it means to be informed .

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by mamaafrik(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2018
i'm beginning to suspect this guy,he is becoming silly day by day.Do you need NBS to tell you how poor the masses have turned??,cartoon buruku
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by omoelerin1: 10:34am On Jun 14, 2018
Well, you're working for your money. Hustle is real.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by fredylee: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2018
1960ng:
Festus Keyamo, senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), does not believe the figures of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on increase in poverty under the current administration President Mohammadu Buhari.

San FestusKeyamo, who is spokesman of the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari, disclosed this in a chat with a Interviewer.

Asked why he thought Buhari deserved re-election in light of reports on growing poverty and the weak economy, Keyamo said, “Where does the National Bureau of Statistics get its figures from? I don’t believe those statistics!”Nigerian are becoming richer under Buhari the NBS are liars.

Statistics from the NBS show that unemployment has been on the increase under Buhari, millions of people lost their jobs from 2015 till date.

According to the bureau, 18.80 percent where unemployed in the third quarter of 2017, compared to the 9.90 percent in the third quarter of 2015.

Keyamo expressed optimism that Buhari would be re-elected in 2019, saying the president will instil a different political culture in the country before he retires and he is better than any Leader Nigeria has seen.

“He (Buhari) needs time to instil that culture different from what we have learnt government is all about,” he said.

Let’s be honest, most young people of our generation grew up to know only the PDP system, which is – and was – only about money.”

The Buhari re-election campaign spokesman said unlike the PDP “whose oxygen is money”, Buhari did not need federal funds to clinch his re-election, saying his supporters would be happy to sell their possessions and go hungry for his re-election.

He said Buhari also needed to consolidate his anti-corruption war and deal a final blow on insecurity, describing insinuations that the president was sponsoring herdsmen as “satanic and idiotic.”

He also spoke on the president’s reference to Nigerian youths as “lazy”; allegations that he abandoned the defendant in the Ozubulu church killings to join Buhari; and what he thought his former mentor and leading human rights lawyer, Gani Fawehimi (SAN), would have done with Buhari’s government.

When asked if he would support full disclosure of the health status of all the candidates in the 2019 campaign, Keyamo said, “I agree that candidates should declare their health status. But if somebody is sick and is well and now discloses that he is well now, fine. He (Buhari) is ready to go; he is fit to go. Abacha was not sick at all, no history; yet he slumped and died.”

He also expressed support for presidential debate and President Buhari will be ready than ever.

https://www.1960ng.com/2018/06/13/i-dont-believe-nbs-figures-says-keyamo-on-growing-poverty-under-buhari/

No, Mr. Keyamo, Abacha was visibly ill several weeks before he died. Check his up-close images on several photographs taken during this period. There were even intense speculations on his suspected ailment during this time. The incident leading to his eventual death was the decisive one. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Chukwuka16: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2018
You are right but you make an assumption that is inherently flawed especially if you 'assume' that these folks whom you have mentioned had some positive orientation. They were simply opportunists who got what they wanted.

Take Tunde Bakare who I have so much respect for.
Can you hear his voice again especially against Buhari, no. Yet I remember him shouting against Jonathan right there at the Chapel of the resurrection in UI. Buhari has increased fuel price and instituted subsidy but Bakare is yet to find his voice again.

Take Dele Momodu another supposed 'positively oriented' fellow. His confusion knows no boundaries. He has repeatedly shown that he is simply up for the highest bidder.

Can we talk of Oshiomole that used NLC as an avenue to get what he wants and others like Tinubu and Co?

Where are the Achebe's who rejected national honours on principles? Where is the former Akunyili (the one at NAFDAC) not the minister? Where are the Ambrose Allis?

Look at the minister of health a former VC and erudite scholar who has been messed up there because he put a price tag on his character. Look at Ibe Kachikwu who has become a byword because he couldn't maintain his principles and remain in the private sector. They all wanted political relevance and have invariably lost whatever modicum of self value they had accumulated over the years.

In fact I wonder who regards Olu Falae today. This is supposed to be a progenitor of the omoluabi concept.
I would be dignifying irresponsibility if I extended discuss on obj.

In summary, these guys had no value inherently. They were opportunists who have climbed on the wings of their projected 'values' that weren't substantiated to get a grasp of political power.

CaptJeffry:
It's pitiful how supposedly people oriented individuals sell their souls for some packs of naira notes.
From the unshakeable NLC president Oshiomole to unbiased journalist Femi Adesina and now respected legal luminary Keyamo, all changed to become worse than the presumed corrupt politicians.
What a world. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by princejones(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2018
You lied again Mr man,poverty is more visible now in the faces of Nigerians more ever now than before,the figures are correct
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2018
1960ng:

Is this an AFJ?
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Bayyooskie(m): 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2018
1960ng:

Keaymo is one hardcore power-hungry bottom-feeder, and nothing more
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by slowbreeze(f): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
selemempe:
Igbos are the only people I know who stand at one place and refuse to move no matter what. If u notice u will see how FFK that was saying all manner of ill against gej eventually became his highest supporter. Also see how Doyin okupe who said all sorts of things against buhari is now supporting him.

U can never find an Igbo man that shape-shifts.
Yorubas on the other hand will work for u today and work against u tomorrow

Exactly..Buhari remains exceedingly irrelevant in the South East.Nobody even send am.The 5% among Igbos that gave the fool Buhari votes; are still going to be d same 5% that will vote him again.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by rexlims(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
Nairalandmentor:
If you want to test a man, give him money. Festus is an example. Most people can do anything for money

Still looking for a reliable website design? Then check my signature No advanced payments required* We build beautiful websites. See Our Portfolio
i have often said it and will continue saying it, if u want to know a man's true character give him money and women. then u can actually judge him.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Mustay(m): 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
thunderbabs:
Does this keyamo ve a twitter acct.l

@fkeyamo

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by sexy74(m): 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
1960ng:

You will never understand because you are a laywer you are not good with figures except when their is a Naira sign in front.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by kalu61(m): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
jusRadical:

"NBS is ipob media attack dog. NBS is still pained by the 2015 election loss."

grin

"NBS is ipob media attack dog. NBS is still pained by the 2015 election loss."

This one doesn't know the Acronym NBS. Chineke mere gi ebere
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2018
kalu61:
This one doesn't know the Acronym NBS. Chineke mere gi ebere

O buru na i ma ihe m na- ekwu, i mara na m na-akwa ufodu emu.
Re: Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO AND READ BELOW IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lym8cY79oHQ
Its 50% Discount PROMO in Lakowe Golf: Own A CofO Land in Prime Location And With Peace of Mind! Lands and Property Assets Owned in Good Locations,acquired RIGHTLY, through a REPUTABLE SOURCE are the best acquisition and investments to ever have. Check our signature in blue just below here and call us or chat by clicking on the WhatsApp link in the signature ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Public Holiday For Lagos Traditional Worshippers / Cost Of Non-Returning Lawmakers Heavy For Democracy — Lawan, Senate President / Generator Suppliers Forced Nnaji To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.