Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials (29570 Views)

Nigerian Police Releases Numbers To Call For Complaints Against FSARS / PCRRU: See The States That Recorded The Most Complaints About Police Harassment / Meet CSP Gana: All You Need To Know About SARS New Boss In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by gwmlogistic: 9:40am On Jun 15, 2018
samyyoung1:
With all dis SARS tales av been hearing, am so sorry av never been a victim, maybe cause am married, or maybe cause I dress well, or cause I don't keep late nights, or cause I drive a cool car (Kia Rio) which is not flashy, or cause I respect myself always, or cause my friends are my exact type........still don't get why av never experienced dis hard-Crime fighters
Just be thankful.I assure you that your day is coming if we don't come together to do something about it
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by Bishopsgate(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2018
samyyoung1:
With all dis SARS tales av been hearing, am so sorry av never been a victim, maybe cause am married, or maybe cause I dress well, or cause I don't keep late nights, or cause I drive a cool car (Kia Rio) which is not flashy, or cause I respect myself always, or cause my friends are my exact type........still don't get why av never experienced dis hard-Crime fighters

Bros because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it's OK with the way they harass people.

I drive a Kia Optima 2014. Still dress like a banker cause I was one for 16 years but about 3 weeks ago I was double crossed by a tinted sienna bus in broad daylight on my way from picking my daughters from school.

They jumped out pointing guns at the car with my two little princesses (5 and 3) crying.

By the time they came closer and saw the kids and my demeanor they simply said "no be him type we dey
find" and got back into their bus and left.

I was shocked trying to console my second daughter (3) who was still crying after they had gone.

I have friends too. I reported the matter to a guy that works in IGs office but they say they are working on it, noting that the sienna story had popped up on their radar previously by other complainants in the past.

These guys don't have any mode of operations. They just profile you and hope to get lucky to be able to blackmail you into giving them money.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by frank41(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2018
Lets stop fooling ourselves.Things don't work that way in a scam country like this. Sars unit should be scraped .
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by bullabong(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2018
samyyoung1:
most times a total submission makes them soft but most complainants resisted search or threw interrogative questions at armed men.
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by Bishopsgate(m): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2018
bullabong:
most times a total submission makes them soft but most complainants resisted search or threw interrogative questions at armed men.

And rightly so. Stop and search without a premise or warrant is illegal even in this our funny nation. Individual liberties cannot be thrown into the sea on the platter of SARS.

No body has the right to check your mobile phone or laptop without a valid warrant. The contents in a phone or laptop are personal and except where probable cause has shown that the materials likely contained in it are criminal or detrimental to security.

SARS just gets up in the morning, hire vehicles and drive around harassing people. I don't have dreads or anything but it's not a crime to have it. It's not a crime to dye your hair, it's not a crime to dress expensive or drive flashy cars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 15, 2018
Nigeria Police ought to have a formal email box like endsars@NigeriaPoliceForce.com.

Something is off with this country
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by TheUbermensch: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2018
samyyoung1:

Are you making sense at all?

Everyone is running from danger and the ones who've experienced it are left with trauma and you're saying you're sorry to not have experienced it?

Smh.
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by bejeria101(m): 10:36am On Jun 15, 2018
The ones reported what did you do about it?
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by abhee007(m): 10:51am On Jun 15, 2018
somtyms they feel they are invincible.... I thought they were an anti robbery squad... but they are the pple that rob us more #endsars
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by Psoul(m): 11:09am On Jun 15, 2018
They no longer want people using social media to broadcast their crime and molestation. They want ppl to send complaints to them alone so that many things will be hidden from the public.
Police, if u molest me publicly, I will report to public platform.

1 Like

Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2018
samyyoung1:
None of the above, they haven't noticed you just yet.

1 Like

Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by MiamiePizza(m): 11:48am On Jun 15, 2018
Good development
You won't believe those bastards was at LASU gate today around 09:45am. Doing stop and search and harassing innocent Naija youths. To dress fine now na war angryG
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by CioAngels(f): 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
Before you make the complaints, please very well before the reporter becomes the reported. This is Nigerian police they are talking about.
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by kens7: 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
That men if the Nigeria Police are still collecting bribe from drivers on the roads and street corners is a big shame on the police and as well on the police and the Inspector General of Police. He has failed woefully. He claimed to have monitoring Team who are supporters of bribe. No wonder, citizens seem not to respect the Police as the Army. The Police has lost dignity in the hearts of Nigerians
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by Eziokwugbaoto: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
After gathering all the complaints what next
My people my people haven't you heard that prevention is better than cure? What's the use of complaining with one eye and 5 missing teeth? That your complain might even be used against you sef. Mtcheeew.
Re: Police Release Channels For Complaints About SARS Officials by Orodje(m): 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
#endsars or remove the IGP if he cant do his work undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N561m Fraud: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex Bankers (photos) / Cherubim And Seraphim Church Set On Fire In Kaduna Over Death Man / See Weapons Recovered From Arrested Thugs After Attack On Homes Of PDP And APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.