Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,913 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best (4598 Views)

Please Is This A Bull Mastiff Or A Boer Boel / Diary Of My Boarboel X Rottweiler Cross Cesar / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Vianna(f): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
Which is the best for security?
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by damtan(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2018
For me, I'll go for German Shepherd because of its extraordinary instinct

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
Vianna:
my 2months pitbull once wounded my 2years old german shepherd in a mere play.
gsd are weak.

1 Like

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Vianna(f): 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2018
Funnicator:

gsd are weak.
No I don't want a human killer in the name of pit bull

3 Likes

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2018
Vianna:

No I don't want a human killer in the name of pit bull

you dont want a human killer but it is for security.

madam use your fine booobsgrin
think of what he'll do to those maurauding thieves when he's released around the compound by 9pm.

you go just deh bed inside house deh enjoy their moans as pit gives the thieves bl.ow.j.ob

4 Likes

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by HitlerGaddafi: 9:46pm On Jun 15, 2018
Caucasian. They have the barking capacity of a German shepherd, the agility of a boarboel and the strength of a bull mastif. They don't take bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by vincentjk(m): 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
You want a security dog?
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by faithesco(f): 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2018
German Shepherd all day!!!Everyday!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by carbonado(m): 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
Vianna:
...gsd have good instinct and reflex,however, they r too weak for my liking,will go with heavier/larger breeds all day,especially the very agile/active one...all in all,you can only dermine which is best used as a guard dog based on its temperament,as you could have dogs of the same breed,but of extreme temprament(docile and aggressive).
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by kenx1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2018
Funnicator:

gsd are weak.

True word!

1 Like

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by kenx1(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
I have a pitbull for its killer instinct

A doberman for its agility and also barking instinct

A Caucasian for its size and barking
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by 14teenK: 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
Funnicator:

gsd are weak.
lol depends on the GSD , If you need a well balanced and a dog that would guard you and your compound instinctively, a GSD is your best bet everyday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Vianna(f): 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
carbonado:
...gsd have good instinct and reflex,however, they r too weak for my liking,will go with heavier/larger breeds all day,especially the very agile/active one...all in all,you can only dermine which is best used as a guard dog based on its temperament,as you could have dogs of the same breed,but of extreme temprament(docile and aggressive).
GSDs are too weak?
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Hound123: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
And they get sick alot,always visiting the vet.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by frowland(m): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
Look as an experienced dog owner I will tell you to go for Bullmastif. Caucasian can double as a pet and security but grooming is not for beginners. But with the mastiff you have all in one. Friendly to the children and aggressive to strange looking adults. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by carbonado(m): 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
Vianna:

GSDs are too weak?
....yes madam..i have boerboels,and i have seen first hand what this breed can do to the likes of alsatians....aint no match...it like comparing a bmw and toyota..just my take...
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Vianna(f): 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
carbonado:
....yes madam..i have boerboels,and i have seen first hand what this breed can do to the likes of alsatians....aint no match...it like comparing a bmw and toyota..just my take...
This is the first time I'm hearing this .
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by rumenase(m): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
the dogs yu listed are all good for security so it all boils down to preference and which one will suit yu. GSDs are intelligent, smart, easy to train and have enough fuel in the tank(energy) compared to the others yu mentioned, grooming should not be a problem, they tend to bark a lot especially if bored and are not heavy eaters (pls take note GSDs are not weak those people saying GSDs are weak have not seen a real GSD I mean real not all these fake in naija diluted GSD they are very versatile and they work in airports, military, police, security etc just name it) . boerboels are my favorite I call them gentle giants their size alone is enough to scare an intruder they are intelligent, easy to train, calm, moderate energy levels, prone to barking too, grooming need is minimal plus they eat a lot. bull mastiffs are large, calm, too docile for my liking, don't bark too much, yu have to be patient with the dog since they are slow learners, low energy levels are good security dogs and grooming need is minimal lastly Caucasians I have not owned one or really close to one for an extended period but the little I know about them is that they require constant grooming, quite easy to train and are good guard dogs. yu can do a research to know more about these breeds but all are working dogs and were originally used to guard or herd in the past. GSDs were used to herd sheep, Caucasians were used to guard and protect flocks, boerboels were used to guard farms, bull mastiffs were used to guard estates and mines so they all have a natural guarding instinct and will do the job very well just make sure you get a very good specimen of whatever yu are getting. vianna

6 Likes

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Rany4all(m): 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
carbonado:
Is she getting a dog to protect her against boerboels No matter how weak a dog the size of an adult gsd is no unarmed human is a match for that dog.

1 Like

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Rany4all(m): 8:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
Funnicator:

gsd are weak.
Maybe you should try picking a fight with the weakest gsd you know and see how it goes.

Security dogs are meant for protection against human intruders and not against other dogs, so it really doesn't matter which one is stronger between 2 breeds. All that matters is the dog's temperament, guard instincts and ability to deter would be human intruders.

2 Likes

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by carbonado(m): 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
Rany4all:
Is she getting a dog to protect her against boerboels No matter how weak a dog the size of an adult gsd is no unarmed human is a match for that dog.
........do you think all intruders will be unharmed?...lol..i will go any day for a large breed, its meant to be a guard dog, hence withstand the worst possible scenario...that is my opinion...well maybe i am biased towards the large breed because of the bond i share with them.. grin
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Rany4all(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
carbonado:
........do you think all intruders will be unharmed?...lol..i will go any day for a large breed, its meant to be a guard dog, hence withstand the worst possible scenario...that is opinion...well maybe i am biase towards the large breed because of the bond i share with them.. grin
Surely even the large breeds cannot match the intelligence and arms of any intruder that knows before hand what he's going up against...
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by rumenase(m): 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
Rany4all:

good question
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by rumenase(m): 10:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
carbonado:
........do you think all intruders will be unharmed?...lol..i will go any day for a large breed, its meant to be a guard dog, hence withstand the worst possible scenario...that is my opinion...well maybe i am biased towards the large breed because of the bond i share with them.. grin

Na God dey guide us o and don't forget large dogs are not as agile nor as swift as the medium sized ones and yu and I know know that agility matters a lot in such cases

1 Like

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by carbonado(m): 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
rumenase:

Na God dey guide us o and don't forget large dogs are not as agile nor as swift as the medium sized ones and yu and I know know that agility matters a lot in such cases
....yes, I know,that is why I made mention of being active in my very first response,perfect blend is a large breed that is active.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Rany4all(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
carbonado:
....yes, I know,that is why I made mention of being active in my very first response,perfect blend is a large breed that is active.
Why do you think security agencies, like the police for instance, prefer to use medium sized breeds like gsd, doberman, rotts, malinois, and so on, rather than large breeds? Large breeds are simply not active or agile enough for the job, and they even lack the stamina required.

4 Likes

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by frowland(m): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2018
Rany4all:
Why do you think security agencies, like the police for instance, prefer to use medium sized breeds like gsd, doberman, rotts, malinois, and so on, rather than large breeds? Large breeds are simply not active or agile enough for the job, and they even lack the stamina required.

What stamina? Is he running a race with the dog? As far as small area protection is concerned large breeds are the master. Besides, Rotts and Doberman are NOT medium breed dogs, what you see around calling rotts are simply quack breeds.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by carbonado(m): 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
Rany4all:
Why do you think security agencies, like the police for instance, prefer to use medium sized breeds like gsd, doberman, rotts, etc, etc, rather than large breeds? Large breeds are simply not active or agile enough for the job, and they even lack the stamina required.
...there are a lot of large breeds that are agile, I am talking from experience,have had dogs for the most part of life,from the no 1 nigerian citizen basanji,too mixed gsd...and for the past 7 years boerboels...do not mistake calmness for agility and also not these dogs are serious work if u want go walk them,u must be strong,my male boerboel that passed on weighed about 60kg,knew a guy whose male weighed up to 70kg.you really have wrong that they are not agile. A question for you,do you knw hw big lions,tigers are...some weigh as much as 200 kg...are they agile or not...do not think because of their bulk, they can't move,you will be shocked how fast they will get to you.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by carbonado(m): 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
frowland:

What stamina? Is he running a race with the dog? As far as small area protection is concerned large breeds are the master. Besides, Rotts and Doberman are NOT medium breed dogs, what you see around calling rotts are simply quack breeds.
..help me tell am,lol...my very first female also she passed on,weigh 48kg....if u see her move you will fear fear....you have not seen anything...
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Lagosuber: 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
please send your phone number

Rany4all:
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by rumenase(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
carbonado:
...there are a lot of large breeds that are agile, I am talking from experience,have had dogs for the most part of life,from the no 1 nigerian citizen basanji,too mixed gsd...and for the past 7 years boerboels...do not mistake calmness for agility and also not these dogs are serious work if u want go walk them,u must be strong,my male boerboel that passed on weighed about 60kg,knew a guy whose male weighed up to 70kg.you really have wrong that they are not agile. A question for you,do you knw hw big lions,tigers are...some weigh as much as 200 kg...are they agile or not...do not think because of their bulk, they can't move,you will be shocked how fast they will get to you.

OK fine, compare a lion to a cheetah cheesy or yu want to tell me that there is a boerboel that is as agile as a GSD or mali?
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by rumenase(m): 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
frowland:

medium to large breeds are good for security OK fine let's leave stamina out of it are large breeds as agile or swift as medium breeds? small body no be sickness o and lastly dobermans are medium sized dogs they are almost in the same weight bracket with GSDs the ones you see are probably mixed with rotts or simply overfed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pure 11 Months Old Male Caucasian Ovcharka from imported parents For urgent Sale / Solid Female American Pitbull Terrier Puppy For Sale!!! / This Is Really So Confusing And Mind Bugging..plz Take A Look at this dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.