Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best (4582 Views)

Please Is This A Bull Mastiff Or A Boer Boel / Diary Of My Boarboel X Rottweiler Cross Cesar / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Rany4all(m): 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
frowland:

What stamina? Is he running a race with the dog? As far as small area protection is concerned large breeds are the master. Besides, Rotts and Doberman are NOT medium breed dogs, what you see around calling rotts are simply quack breeds.
It takes stamina to always be on the move bro...a compound mostly has four walls with a house sitting in the middle, so tell me how you expect a large breed lying down in front of the gate to guard the back of the house...maybe you've never seen a gsd patrolling it's compound before...they do not just lie down in one place and wait for an intruder, they are always mobile...and BTW gsds, rotts and dobermans are classified as medium-large breed dogs, not all of them are large as you think.

3 Likes

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by skull2(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2018
No one dog breed can be said to be the best for security. All dog breeds bred for protection were bred for different types of protection.

Personally, I prefer the German Shepherd dog for security work with respect to the top qualities a guard dog should possess. These qualities may include: Companionship, train-ability, stability, alertness, cautiousness, athleticism, strength, speed and size.

German Shepherd dogs are one of the most popular personal protection and guard dog in the world.

My GSDs are always patrolling inside my compound when they are off leash and would always stand up to any intruder.

No matter the breed of dog you prefer for security, training is also key. OP I wish to advice that you add the Belgian Malinois, Rottweiler and Doberman Pinschers to your list.

1 Like

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Vianna(f): 10:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
skull2:
No one dog breed can be said to be the best for security. All dog breeds bred for protection were bred for different types of protection.

Personally, I prefer the German Shepherd dog for security work with respect to the top qualities a guard dog should possess. These qualities may include: Companionship, train-ability, stability, alertness, cautiousness, athleticism, strength, speed and size.

German Shepherd dogs are one of the most popular personal protection and guard dog in the world.

My GSDs are always patrolling inside my compound when they are off leash and would always stand up to any intruder.

No matter the breed of dog you prefer for security, training is also key. OP I wish to advice that you add the Belgian Malinois, Rottweiler and Doberman Pinschers to your list.
Thanks.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Cynophilepetts(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2018
Funnicator:

my 2months pitbull once wounded my 2years old german shepherd in a mere play.

gsd are weak.
Ignorance In This Country Is Swh, Pit Bulls Are Fighting Dogs So What Do U Expect,and That Ur Gsd Got Wounded Doest Make Gsds Naturally Weak,they Are One Varsatile Working Dog,in Other News Pit Bulls Cant Perform A Security Job,because They Are Supposed To Be Human Friendly N Animal Aggressiv.Good Day.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Vianna(f): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
Ignorance In This Country Is Swh, Pit Bulls Are Fighting Dogs So What Do U Expect,and That Ur Gsd Got Wounded Doest Make Gsds Naturally Weak,they Are One Varsatile Working Dog,in Other News Pit Bulls Cant Perform A Security Job,because They Are Supposed To Be Human Friendly N Animal Aggressiv.Good Day.
Hehehehe.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Scrooge(m): 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
It all depends on what you wish to secure and where. First understand your need, then research the available dogs breeds and select the one that best suits your needs.

The GSD is a large breed dog, the Cauc., and Bullmastiff are giant breeds. The boerboel ranges from large to giant.

The GSD and Caucs may not be best if you have close neighbours as these breeds are know to be quite "barky". However the GSD is ideal for a first time dog owner. Caucs. require steady exercise and lots of grooming! they are heavy shedders. The don't do well in apartments.

Bullmastiffs require an experienced and assertive owner, they are known to be a stubborn breed, but do well in city apartments despite their large size. They are excellent with children and bark only when something is wrong. They aren't high energy dogs but that doesn't make them slow in anyway. Males require a lot of early socialization, noise desensitization and flooding, otherwise they become shy and potentially dangerous.

The Boerboel can get very large sometimes weighing up to 80kg, they require a range and are best when run in packs, they are very trainable and require close interaction with their owners as they are prone to separation anxiety. Good with kids, the danger is in knocking them over or suffocation due to their sheer size.

All the dogs mentioned are good guard dogs, they just employ different guarding methods, whereas the GSD will bark to ward off strangers, the Bullmastiff would rather silently and stealthily apprehend an intruder. That's just what they were bred to do.

You may also want to consider tolerance for other animals if you have other pets. The BM for instance will not stand another intact male.

Caveat emptor; Ensure that whichever you choose to own is a true representation of the breed.

1 Like

Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Rany4all(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
No offence, but there was absolutely no need to use that word 'ignorance' here bro...it takes nothing away from you to politely share your opinion without being disrespectful and insulting to others. Nobody knows it all, not even you, and sometimes what we think we know for sure might actually not be correct.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Cynophilepetts(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
Rany4all:
No offence, but there was absolutely no need to use that word 'ignorance' here bro...it takes nothing away from you to politely share your opinion without being disrespectful and insulting to others. Nobody knows it all, not even you, and sometimes what we think we know for sure might actually not be correct.
am not directive,i said this country,which includes me.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Rooneyflex: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
Vianna:
Which is the best for security?
All are the best but according to me
the best for security is=BOERBOEL followed by=BULLMASTIFF followed by=GERMAN SHEPARD followed by=CAUCASIAN
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by niel63(m): 3:15am On Sep 18, 2019
My dear, it all depends on how you train your dog o! My boerbeol i was scared was becoming more of a pet showed me really, once your bloodline is pure, you can never be mumu. During the day she is a darling and friend to all but at night, she knows nobody. And i was so happy when i noticed this just yesterday when the guy who sometimes help me to take her to the vet and feed her when she was small came early morning to my house to turn off my Gen cos they'd brought the light but was surprise to hear him shouting bros! Bros!! Bros!!! Ruby wan bite me o! She was practically standing guide and barking-to-bite before i rushed out. Only for my guy to say lai lai bros, i no go ever come your house for night again, Ruby no know me again or she no know me for night (ruby is the dog's nane)

Simple advice is, train your boabeoul well, feed her well, excercise her well and you will reap the fruit of your labour.

Btw: what is it like to cross a Boabeoul with a Neapolitan Mastiff?

I don't plan to but my friend has a very nice male neo.
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Timantech(m): 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hmmm to me a German Pitt for security won't be bad its like mixing rice and stew to get jollof rice... The gsd/pittbul is a combination of strength, agility, power, fearlessness biting force killing instinct,and a pet all in one
My German Pitt can hear from afar like the gsd, bite drag like pitt, Attack like pit as calm and friendly as a gsd
Re: Boarboel, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff Or Caucasian Which Is The Best by Teymanhenry(f): 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
carbonado:
....yes madam..i have boerboels,and i have seen first hand what this breed can do to the likes of alsatians....aint no match...it like comparing a bmw and toyota..just my take...

Yet the police and Army use them as security and search dogs

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Beautiful Working GSD From Anasin Kennel Services. / The Most Beautiful White Snake (photo) / Pure 11 Months Old Male Caucasian Ovcharka from imported parents For urgent Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.