Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,045 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 (5702 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

Ghana: 41% (15 votes)
Germany: 44% (16 votes)
Draw: 13% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by princekevo(m): 6:34am On Jun 24, 2010
When the righteous is in authority, everything works in their favour, the people rejoices. See Ghana as they are excelling in all areas of life. Tell me how a country can progress with thieves, liars and corrupt minds as their leaders, pedophiles as their senators.

I have said it many time that Nigeria as a nation is under a cursed, absolutely nothing is working anymore for the nation. Nigeria need a proper cleansing or else we shall come back next 4 years whining abt the same thing.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Litmus: 8:33am On Jun 24, 2010

bawomolo (m)

please give me one reason why africa deserves more slots ahead of south america and asia?   north american teams sent more teams to the 2nd round than africa. una no get shame.  nonsense

Mmmm, terrible, true, but i'm Nigerian not Asian or South American, so I'd like to see more African representation and if Ghana can facilitate that good.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by RSA(m): 9:09am On Jun 24, 2010
Congratulation Ghana,Africas Pride!
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by sylve11: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2010
I'm happy that they Ghanian's national team qualified kiss kiss kiss what a shame no naija! angry cool
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 24, 2010
well done ghana! the q-finals is within reach
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Akwasi(m): 9:29am On Jun 24, 2010
RuuDie:

Ghana were very lucky. . . . they had chances but failed to take; the bane of all the African nations in this WC - 1 more goal by Serbia and they woulda been out.
They really need to improve on their goal-scoring. . . . not even one disallowed goal from open play, thats appalling!

You talk like a failure who sees the success of his brother as a personal defeat,. Who in this tournament was not lucky? Everyone was. It was how you used your luck that counted. Tell me, was Nigeria not lucky enough to see their work cut out for them by Argentina?

Nigeria just needed to beat Korea of all teams to advance after losing thier first two matches and you dont call that lucky. Oh my friend, to move ahead in life, you need to be happy for the achievement of your brothers and as a principle of nature, you will attract similar success. Remember that "What you dont respect, you cannot attract"
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Litmus: 9:47am On Jun 24, 2010
@ bawomolo

Actually think about this for a second. The World-Cup competition has its history in Europe. Then, it was "World-Cup" in name alone for  the principle participants were Europeans and to a small extent South Americans. For this reason, it is understandable that the competition was heavily Europe heavy. Today, most of the world plays football and the competition has grown into its name, "World Cup". However if left to its natural conclusion the competition would be too large and too costly to host. therefor to limit this a set of criteria was and is desired. Restrictions informed by the competence of teams is as good as any, however the way that this is imposed now seems ultra contrived. In fact it smacks of imperialism. I use ultra contrive to make a delineation  between sports, competitions which are by their nature contrived, as are most human activities, in contrast to a sort of Natural law which can evolve in those contrived things we do. In this instance, it is more natural that competences should be tested within the geographic area of  participant nations and then the limited qualifiers progress to the World Cup. This is as natural as you could get within the contrived principle of the World Cup. The idea that some international body acts to limit participants based on criteria of competence  determined by them seems to me the last echoes of the paternalism we suffered during the colonial era.  The relativity of competences by regions should be accepted and uniformity not arbitrarily imposed. Slots should be allocated by ratio according to the number of nations in the geographic region, and competence limited by competition in the geographic region and the World Cup itself should sort out the best overall team in the world.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by otokx(m): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2010
I hereby congratulate the Ghanaians on how far they have gone; SHAME on NIGERIA.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by waladis(m): 10:01am On Jun 24, 2010
afiamanu:

@ the bolded you mean that same english team that ws nont able to beat algeria or USA - both teams that everyone knew thought was weak in comparison?! please england themselves weren't playing well until they got to slovenia

Even still, ghana needs to start scoring some goals cause this austrailia team that helped us out wont be by our side in the next round

RuuDie:

Ghana were very lucky. . . . they had chances but failed to take; the bane of all the African nations in this WC - 1 more goal by Serbia and they woulda been out.
They really need to improve on their goal-scoring. . . . not even one disallowed goal from open play, thats appalling!

bawomolo:

everyone has to play 3 games. CIV has to make up a 9 goal difference. they have to win big and portugal lose big. not realistic considering brazil are playing below strength and african teams are scared of the goal post.

GOALS SCORING?  Have you guys  forgotten that African Teams are allergic to scoring goals  grin

Everyone should pray that United State will not capitalize on our allergy and defeat Ghana at the 2nd round. I do not care about how good Ghana performance on the field were, what I care about is scoring G.,.O.,.O.,.A,.,L,.,S they should try and get the ball into the net one way or the other and as many times as possible. Some Oyinbo no dey perform very well on the field, but dem sabi score goals if they have the opportunity, either by making properly use of their legs (Yakubu u r a curse on Naija) or their hands properly (Fabiano & Maradona Masters of cheating) cheesy. We need to improve on our goals scoring ability, if it works for  this Oyinbo why not with us, Ghana was just only lucky so far
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bisiaet: 10:41am On Jun 24, 2010
I congratulate Ghana and wish them good luck in their next match against USA. And as well I think Largerback has now knew well all our players I think now if he is to carry on he should scout for his own players for the next cup of Nation and World Cup and among all these our world cup players I think he can retain Haruna and let the rest go and have a rest because Nigerians are sick of them.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by kemisuga(f): 10:45am On Jun 24, 2010
Congratulation Ghanians!!!! wink
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by tomiko1: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2010
Ghana can score USA i hope.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Akwasi(m): 10:50am On Jun 24, 2010
This Ghanaian team you are seeing are not going to win the world cup or something. Ghana realized unfortunately that most of the older players had some injuries and stuff. That was when they came up with the plan to put this team together.

This team has really convinced me that if they are properly maintained, Brazil 2014 is not an impossibility. By the way they will go to at least the semi finals of this tournament. I don't think this team will lose to an ordinary side. It will take countries like Germany, Brazil, England, Argentina, Spain and Holland to beat this young Ghanaian side and fortunately, Ghana will avoid all these countries until the semi finals.

Go for it Ghana! Raise the African flag high.

Viva Ghana, Viva Africa
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by londoner: 11:02am On Jun 24, 2010
Well done Ghana!!!!!!!
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Akwasi(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2010
I was just told Nigeria has disbanded its team. They have maintained only Vincent Enyeama.

Is it true?

Bad move. embarassed
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by princekevo(m): 11:53am On Jun 24, 2010
Akwasi:

I was just told Nigeria has disbanded its team. They have maintained only Vincent Enyeama.

Is it true?

Bad move. embarassed

What makes it a bad move if it is true?
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Akwasi(m): 12:27pm On Jun 24, 2010
@princekevo

Well, to start with, I don't think the Super Eagles are as useless as some of you guys make them seem. There are still some quality players like odemwinge and Uche Kalu still in the team.

disbanding means you have to start a new process called "Rebuilding". This nigerian team with the right attitude can easily win the next African Cup. Disbanding the team will mean starting from the scratch and you guys should be ready to endure pain for another longer period.

It might mean not qualifying for the next CAN tournament.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Kgdavid(m): 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2010
according to what i have ready its not only Enyeama, Enyeama and some of the younger players. who in his right mind will drop Uche?
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by eresource(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2010
go ghana!!! go team africa!!!!
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Bennyboy11: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2010
This is the best possible result for Ghana. My prediction is that Ghana will get to the semis at least. We will beat the US and the next team after that, from then on anything can happen.

To succeed you need the skill,the temperament or heart, and luck and Ghana has all three. There is good evidence that God is indeed Ghanaian and not just in football terms.

The goals will come soon enough, remember against australia kewell handled the ball on the line and the keeper was completely beaten that essentially in my view was a goal in open play.

Everybody get behind Ghana and lets hope for the best, I know most Nigerians are Ghana fans when its comes to international football anyway and vice versa.

Mother Ghana how I love you!!!!
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by princekevo(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2010
Akwasi:

@princekevo
disbanding means you have to start a new process called "Rebuilding". This nigerian team with the right attitude can easily win the next African Cup. Disbanding the team will mean starting from the scratch and you guys should be ready to endure pain for another longer period.

It might mean not qualifying for the next CAN tournament.

Well you used the right word here "rebuilding". That is exactly what the team need at the moment. So before you rebuild there must be a demolition and during demolition some vital materials can still preserved coz they might useful for the rebuilt. When we say disbanding the team it means absolutely no one is gonna be retained in the team, Building a new team altogether, but some young and effective players can be call back into the new team. No matter how many years or what it gonna cost us to do that who cares, as long as a stronger and better team emerges at the end and the image of Nigerian football restored again in the world
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Akwasi(m): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2010
princekevo:

Well you used the right word here "rebuilding". That is exactly what the team need at the moment. So before you rebuild there must be a demolition and during demolition some vital materials can still preserved coz they might useful for the rebuilt. When we say disbanding the team it means absolutely no one is gonna be retained in the team, Building a new team altogether, but some young and effective players can be call back into the new team. No matter how many years or what it gonna cost us to do that who cares, as long as a stronger and better team emerges at the end and the image of Nigerian football restored again in the world

You are right but I wonder if you guys will have the patience to go through rebuilding. It means years of humiliation and learning.

The most important lesson to be learnt during a rebuilding process is the ability to love failure. It is only when your young players fail and your officials have the 'audacity' to continue to keep them together that you can succeed. Hope most Nigerians will understand because if you abandon the rebuilding process midway, your country must as well forget about soccer.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bawomolo(m): 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2010
Akwasi:

You are right but I wonder if you guys will have the patience to go through rebuilding. It means years of humiliation and learning.

The most important lesson to be learnt during a rebuilding process is the ability to love failure. It is only when your young players fail and your officials have the 'audacity' to continue to keep them together that you can succeed. Hope most Nigerians will understand because if you abandon the rebuilding process midway, your country must as well forget about soccer.

missing an open net is enough humiliation for Nigeria. make we rebuild jare. old cargo like yakubu and kanu (you had a great career sir) can carry go.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bawomolo(m): 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2010
africans won't learn. see old asss rigobert song trying to guard robben
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2010
Another African team Cameroun lost all group games. I would say football has retrogressed
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by yemi2000(m): 12:39am On Jun 25, 2010
You cannot compare Ghana to useless Nigeria.They are serious and more committed thatn Nigeria.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by CaroBaby1(f): 6:15am On Jun 26, 2010
I THINK GHANA PLAYED BETTER THAN GERMANY BUT OUR PROBLEM IS THAT GHANIANS CAN´T SCORE GOALS IF NOT WE WOULD BE A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Need A Sure Paid Football Prediction Site / Man.utd Transfers And Signings 2019 / Soccer Viewing Centers - Should They Be Banned?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.