Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 (5701 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

Ghana: 41% (15 votes)
Germany: 44% (16 votes)
Draw: 13% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by 9jafreak: 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ghana will make it if they hang on

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Except Australia score 4 more goals

It's 2-1 Australia vs. Serbia

Serbia scored again, but disaalowed

2-2 and Ghana is still on on head-to-head

Goooooooooooooooo
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
Game over.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by 9jafreak: 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ghana's coach needs to worry though.

They still have NOT SCORED from Open Play!

Gyan isn't prolific enough, God help us
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by member479760: 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
No cheap goal for Ghana today ooo!
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by 9ijaprince(m): 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ghanas inability is a big problem for them. They need to improve in her next game.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
well they did what Nigeria couldnt do

Stay in.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by 9jafreak: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
[size=14pt]Congratsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Ghana!
[/size]

awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bawomolo(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
oribande, lucky suckers.

see as they wan take embarrass africa.

ThiefOfHearts:

well they did what Nigeria couldnt do

Stay in.

and actually defend.  these black shadows can defend unlike a team that shall not be named. 2nd round is the end of the road though
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by shesi(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
Perfect. I found the match enchanting. I don't know if non Ghanaians found it so too. We need to sharpen our shooting boots for farks sake.Just like i wanted. WE are really really really Lucky. WE're getting the USA next. Much easier proposition than England tbh.

HOPE IS ALIVE FOR AFRICA. BELIIIIEEVEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Remii(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ghana has finally saved the face of Africa, they are thru to the next round
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ope o ope o
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bawomolo(m): 9:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
shesi:

Perfect. I found the match enchanting. I don't know if non Ghanaians found it so too. We need to sharpen our shooting boots for farks sake.Just like i wanted. WE are really really really Lucky. WE're getting the USA next. Much easier proposition than England tbh.

HOPE IS ALIVE FOR AFRICA. BELIIIIEEVEEEEEEEEEEEE.

na wetin spain talk be that. keep on slipping. we go wire that ghanian butt
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Ajayi123: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
The whole super eagles were a big disgrace yesterday. I mean if anyone has just watched the Ghana Vs Germany game just now, you would see that we are a shame to ourselves and Africa. You may want to argue that we are not the only African country to go out of the world cup but believe it or not it is more of a bad disgrace to us because Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa with a multitude of footballing talent to choose from but yet we choose to field tired old men who lie about their age. I mean the impetus of telling lies is so natural to us that even as I write someone will probably laugh at this and say "e just dey waste his time" when it is actually a serious matter. It is a serious matter because it has infiltrated our football and when we bring these old men to play with genuine young boys from other countries like korea and the like they can't keep up and sometimes are genuinely too stupid to be creative. I mean take the case of Yakubu Aiyegbeni yesterday. The man's role in the Super Eagles is not particularly clear. I mean why does anyone continue to field AIyegbeni in the super eagles line up when his level of creativity with the ball is that of a camel. His pace is also next to non-existent so of what use is he to anyone really? How come these bunch of idiots managed to be selected represent the country in such an important mundial. it is not fair to do this to Nigerians and at the end of the day they would go to their respective clubs relatively healthy and sound after destroying the lives of so many proud Nigerians. How come Ghana is able to steal the show in football and Nigeria is struggling? I mean even the Junior levels, the U-20 and U-17 world cups that we paved the way for African achievements in, Ghana have come forth and snatched the bait. They won the U-20 world cup. How come? This is a country which does not have as much population of people playing football in the country as there are in Nigeria if we were to use the population of the two countries as a direct iteration of this fact. Somehow the spirit of "Egunje" has managed to penetrate our minds and the standard of our soccer so much so that it would appear that right now all it takes to represent the country in any of the categories be it U-17, U-20 & Senior level, all you need is just to know someone who can favour your case or at the senior level, manage to find a way to play in europe so that you can have enough money to bribe your way into the Super Eagles. I mean this is the only logical explanation as to why these crop of bastards represented us at all. If there was a genuine screening system can anyone say for sure that these people would have been there? I mean people just tell lies about their age and go and disgrace themselves amongst people who they claim to even be younger than. Look these people should be driven away from Nigeria. They should be sent on exile and banned from ever representing Nigeria. Then new crop of players should be cultivated from home first at the junior level anfd then at the U-20 and Senior level with their true ages not surpassing the following ;

U-17:- 16yrs (oldest)
U-20:- 19yrs (oldest)
And then Super eagles:- 33yrs (oldest)

and then encourage a successful progression system from the U-17 to the U-20 and then to the Super Eagles. Stop all these "Egunje" tradition please. it is disgraceful even to things like football that should be enjoyable

These ages will be confirmed by the approved FIFA bone scanning technique and a committee should be in place to give the free hand to foreign FIFA representatives to come and carry out the scanning themselves in Nigeria and approve the age of the players so as to eliminate the Nigerian ingenuity to consistently cheat any system. The FIFA reps shall not be Nigerians as witnessed in the last FIFA U-17 world cup held in Nigeria or affiliated in anyway to Nigeria or Africa. They would be anonymous men and women who will just have one goal in mind and that is to tell it as they saw it. Maybe in this way if the benefits of these practices go a long way to help Nigerian football then Nigerians will maybe then be competent to run the scanning system because they would now be able to relate to something genuine that has worked and adopt that mentality. The lying is too much. We need a change and we need it now. This could even go on to begin to bring about other changes in the economy, a factor which is a whole article write-up in itself. it is just too much . We need to have some shame at least and take the challenge to change our ways otherwise other countries in Africa like Ghana will sink us in but in sports and economically and we just seem to not be bothered about it. There just seems to be a lax attitude towards everything that is proactive and the most annoying of them all is the common notion that "God dey" without taking or trying to use one's creativity first and then leave the rest to GOD.

My fellow Nigerians the time to change is now-o. Now is the time not in the future. We are losing our identity very slowly with all these mumu behaviour we seem to engage in which has been exemplified in our football very clearly.

The other point that follows from the above is allowing the right coach to coach a given team. The NFA /NFF should try and stop deceiving Nigerians that they are not involved in appointing the coaches of their choice that they can manipulate to fulfill their own selfish interests with the players that they invite to the squad. For instance Shuaibu Amodu had no business being the coach of the Super Eagles from the beginning of our world cup campaign if the genuine interest of success for the Super Eagles was foremost. There are other better coaches in Nigeria who do not depend on chance, luck, or the prophecies of a spiritualist to achieve results.  This is the very point. I mean If God is God and I believe God is God then he has given unto every man creativity, and it is our place to use that resource first and when that fails seek his help in direct prayers not through a spiritualist. A football coach in the 21st century that shows a clear lack of these characteristics and has just achieved results by shear luck and chance and in some cases ascribe his success to the vendata of a spiritualist, which could actually have been the case in fairness to the individual, is not worth the hassle to be honest. Because we have just taken part in a competition where spiritual means in football and luck have been proven to be fall under the law of probability. Or does anyone think there are no spirutualists in Cameroon or South Africa? I mean everything we have seen so far in the world cup this year has been down to pure ability no jazz inside. As a result if Amodu were to lead the team to South Africa thesame result, if not worse would have awaited us there lets make no mistake about that. Because it was his line up from the African cup of nations that were still used in the World Cup.

Appointing the right Nigerian Coach, without the use of politics and quota system will go a long way to assisting the right players to be chosen based on their technical ability in addition to the bone scanning technique that will be simultaneosuly applied as mentioned earlier above to ensure that age limits are not breached. Correct team selection is so important to the success of any team before the strategies that will be played. When the two are got right, the most lethal formation can be congragated indeed and we have got the talent. WE HAVE THE TALENT AT HOME. They just need to be found and pulled together.  

The other point that follows directly from what has been mentioned above is discipline. The discipline to start things on time especially preapring early in earnest for serious big stage competitons like the World Cup eh? Play friendlies after the right squad have been picked to bolster confidence and get them to get used to each other. Not three weeks to a major competition with tired old men.

We have reached a crescendo in our identity as a nation. We either step back take a second look at what our actions are doing to ourselves in the light of what other countries are doing for themselves and begin to make changes or suffer the consequences of "no be my business".
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by AjanleKoko: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
Congrats to the Black Stars!!!
At least we're not all going out.
And Ghana have a chance against the USA, they don't have to face the Three Mongrels.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
The result just the way I wanted it.

Germany tops the group and meets England, Ghana qualifies and get the easier route

Ghana vs USA winner vs Uruguay/S.Korea
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by AjanleKoko: 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Ajayi123,
You were able to post that without the bot busting you? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Take am easy, na just soccer o undecided
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by cap28: 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
the ghanaians played well, i love their defending, lots of confidence but i think they were a bit unlucky, im glad they're still in though, hope they do us proud, well done boys, glad they got through , despite not scoringsmiley smiley
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Akwasi(m): 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
wow. God is a Ghanaian! A draw will have sent us to the England/Brazil route. Go on Ghana!
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by waladis(m): 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2010
bawomolo:

these black shadows can defend unlike a team that shall not be named. 2nd round is the end of the road though

Just out of curiosity, which team is that please?  grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by shesi(m): 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2010
I am sooooo impressed by that 18yr old defender Jonathan Mensah. I future Captain no doubt. And Ayew too. Kevin Prince is also star dust.

If only we can get our strikers firing on all cylinders, we would be dangerous because we create chances against even the best of them and our defense is solid solid solid.

The future looks bright even if we go out next round. These young generation are gonna do wonders i feel. They are getting very good experience here. I was suprised the coach chose to bench the senior players but maybe i see why.

I doubt those senior players would have worked their  a ss off like these kids did. Essien would have complemented this team very well.

One thing about this our U21 generation is for sure. THey are definately lucky.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Akwasi(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2010
nakedall:

No cheap goal for Ghana today ooo!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin die of jealousy. Sorry naija don't get plenty of those cheap goals. I don't know any cheaper goal than a striker in front of an empty net. I mean 2 inches away from the net.

Yakubu for president!
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Seun(m): 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
I don't think they are capable of scoring really. If only they had Drogba and Eto'o.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by shesi(m): 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ofcourse we are capable of scoring.

How many have England scored with their supposedly superior strike force?

Infact, who has lit the goalscoring flame at this tournament? apart from germany's shock induced fluke win against australia?
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by ajalio(f): 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
Congrats to Ghana!

I am so so happy that both teams made it to the next round.

One of the most interesting, exciting and fair matches I have seen since long.

@dayokanu

Can we now talk about England?. . . grin
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Ajayi123: 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
AjanleKoko:

@Ajayi123,
You were able to post that without the bot busting you? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Take am easy, na just soccer o undecided

@Ajalenkoko,

Na just soccer I know but our problems pass soccer and it is very evident in the way that team played yesterday. I am only trying to be honest. We need to look at ourselves again and make a change. because this thing wey I just talk so, you'll see somebody in future may come back and search for this thread and won't find it.  Because by then it may just have made sense to them what I was getting at here.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by ezan(m): 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
Congratulations to Ghana. A bit worrisome they didn't score a single goal from the run of play.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Zucker(m): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2010
Look for Ghana to unleash a torrent of goals on the USA.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bawomolo(m): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2010
waladis:

Just out of curiosity, which team is that please?  grin grin grin

you want make yakubu, obasi and kaita luck follow u  grin

Zucker:

Look for Ghana to unleash a torrent of goals on the USA.

like the one they unleashed on 10 man australia? nucca please

Infact, who has lit the goalscoring flame at this tournament? apart from germany's shock induced fluke win against australia?

portugal, argentina dey score dey go. siddon there cheesy
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2010
@dayokanu

Can we now talk about England?

Sure now all focus on England and we have to improve dramatically to whoop them
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by jamnaijalo: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
Congrats to Ghana.  We badly needed an African team to go through.  I believe they can beat the US.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by deor03(m): 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
They need to convert their chances.  It is NOT good that THEY HAVE NOT SCORED a goal in Open game and also against 11 men.

However, If this is working for them they could just manage to push thru like that. but US could be a handful.

As for Naija soccer , we all know the usual term "We'll go back to the drawing board ", grin
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by soarrogant(m): 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
congrats to Ghana! you brought a smile to my face cheesy now seriously you must consider to start scoring grin grin in the second round if you don't score you can't progress! grin grin grin grin[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afcon 2021 - Cape Verde Vs Burkina Faso (0 - 0) On 13th January 2022 / Need A Sure Paid Football Prediction Site / Man.utd Transfers And Signings 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.