Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Why Do People Deny Power Of God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Deny Power Of God? (9088 Views)

TB Joshua: It Takes Insanity To Deny This Resemblance / Pastors Deny Their Ministry And Members To Evade Arrest In FCT / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 10:45am On Jun 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

There were times in the past I shout Jesus when cumming, I must believe in Jesus too
Belief in Jesus is not shown in shouting the name of Jesus. Anybody can say the name, but it won't work for everybody. Besides, there are others who bear the same name, like the brazil striker and the spanish international, so maybe it's them u believe in. cheesy
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2018
realmindz:

Up till now I still shout Jesus when I'm shocked...doeso it mean I still believe in that dead jew?
If He's dead, prove it. Show us a body, a carcass, some bones, or even a burial chamber he resides.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 10:49am On Jun 17, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Lmao.

Ur confusing ur self...grin.
Am not confusing, myself. Am just saying stuff you can't really understand, nor comprehend. smiley
Buhari is president of all Nigeria, but he's not your Father now is he? There are privileges his son who was driving power bike the other day (whose name I can't remember) has that you can never have. smiley
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by frowland(m): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

[b]"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." [b]

Isaiah 45:7

I never knew there is a verse in the bible with this quotes. Maybe my lesson teacher is being tricky! How can this be in the scripture and he refuse to talk about it? Strange

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Personally how?

Which type or miracle r u talking about?
Any kind...
Have you ever been where miracles happen and someone-lets say-sitting next to you or around you, who you confirm was ill, or someone who went with you and you know his or her case personally suddenly gets healed?!
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 10:53am On Jun 17, 2018
frowland:

I never knew there is a verse in the bible with this quotes. Maybe my lesson teacher is being tricky! How can this be in the scripture and he refuse to talk about it? Strange
Maybe you need a change of teacher perhaps! smiley
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

[b]"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." [b]

Isaiah 45:7
Read from 1-7 bro and understand the text proper... There are two sides to that scripture.
'I form the light' (for my own), 'and create darkness' (for the evil): 'I make peace' (for my own), 'and create evil' (for the evil).
Understanding is key!
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by frowland(m): 10:59am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

Maybe you need a change of teacher perhaps! smiley

Perhaps I need to! .... But I do know there is a superior being somewhere. As a scientist I am leaning to the fact that we are all 2D entities in a 3D universe. Meaning, we are all codes (Computer word). A little study of the black hole will shed light on this. But if there is a superior being controlling our existence in one way or another? Absolutely!
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 10:59am On Jun 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

One single question, what "miracle(s)" can ONLY happen to a Christian that can't possibly happen to other religious people or even atheists?
Resurrection.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by jaxxy(m): 11:00am On Jun 17, 2018
etiosa97:
People will always deny what they've not seen.. I'm young and now I'm old. I've never seen a real miracle... Fake fake fake

The fact there are fake miracles doesn't mean there aren't Real ones.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by frowland(m): 11:00am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

Resurrection.

How?
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by phranq30(m): 11:02am On Jun 17, 2018
etiosa97:
People will always deny what they've not seen.. I'm young and now I'm old. I've never seen a real miracle... Fake fake fake
You're young and old at the same time? Bros, which one you dey na?
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by frowland(m): 11:03am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

Read from 1-7 bro and understand the text proper... There are two sides to that scripture.
'I form the light' (for my own), 'and create darkness' (for the evil): 'I make peace' (for my own), 'and create evil' (for the evil).
Understanding is key!
Seriously you did not make any sense.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:06am On Jun 17, 2018
frowland:

Perhaps I need to! .... But I do know there is a superior being somewhere. As a scientist I am leaning to the fact that we are all 2D entities in a 3D universe. Meaning, we are all codes (Computer word). A little study of the black hole will shed light on this. But if there is a superior being controlling our existence in one way or another? Absolutely!
I like science, I really do. Infact I love science. But my only problem is that every question only results to a question. cheesy
So, I appreciate science, acquire the knowledge, but resolute based on God's word alone. smiley
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:08am On Jun 17, 2018
NPComplete:
The reason why people deny the power of God is that religion, Christianity, Islam, etc.., who claim to possess the knowledge and power of God have given us nothing other than outright fabrication and irreplicable miracles.

Modern Christianity for instance is filled with liars, thieves and self-promoting assholes and charlatans that call themselves pastors. Their best miracles are cheap tricks like shaving the head of homeless people and calling it a cure for madness. Or unverifiable testimonies like driving on an empty tank from Lagos to Abuja. Nothing concrete. Just lies.

Everything that God has created is sure and verifiable and replicable. Everything that God supports is measurable and stands the test of time. In science, the tool that God has given us to improve ourselves, results are verifiable. When you cure a sick man with science there is an 80% chance u will cure anyone plagued with a similar ailment.

But in religion a pastor can only "cure" people in controlled environments like his church and usually it is less than 1% of the people with the ailment. There is no way that cure can be verified because the people "cured" are never heard from again. Nobody knows them. Not even the church members. Besides that they cannot replicate the healing in verified places like hospitals. That is why all the mad men you know are still mad. All the blind men you know are still blind and all the deaf people you know are still deaf.

So long as the definition of the power of God is the moronic expressions of fake miracles and speaking in tongues, people will continue to deny it. And the numbers of such people will only continue to grow. Modern Christianity is devoid of anything that can be remotely called the power of God. Its only filled with showboating pastors speaking so much drivel with as much bombast. And their junkie follows with less scruples than a shady fox who somehow think that claiming to be a Christian is a bragging right and makes them feel special.
Don't judge the entire mordern Christian entity based on the your take on few congregations and pastors/prophets.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:13am On Jun 17, 2018
Omooba224:
I still can't fathom why some people keep reasoning with their mouth rather than their God-given brain. Evidencial Miracle you said? I have never seen any miracle with my 2 naked eyes oo. I don't buy the idea of an hearsay. Miracle like an amputee having a new pair of legs? Traveling from Maiduguri to Lagos without fuel? Please stop trying to play with our intelligence biko. Abeg you
'An amputee receiving a new leg'-who said God can't do it?!
'With God, all things are possible.' ... We limit God in our own minds and hearts. People believe God can heal them of a headache, but don't believe God can make em a multi-billionaire. It's a mentality thing.
And, someone has comfortably cooked with confirmed fuel unknowingly and came to testify. 'There's nothing too hard that God cannot do, if only we humans can be that open minded and believing enough.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by NPComplete: 11:15am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

Don't judge the entire modern Christian entity based on the your take on [b]few congregations [/b]and pastors/prophets.

Few, you say? I laugh at your dishonesty.
It is more likely for you to see a church advertising fake miracles and the words of their self-aggrandizing pastors than for you to see a real one.
Even the pastors feigning humility is just using it as a ruse to trap the morons that make up the bulk of Christian worshippers.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:16am On Jun 17, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
Because you expect power of God to be beyond mere probability.

All powerful god that cannot make amputee walk but someone not permanently cripple.
Even power of science with its limits erases all doubts, except the so called power of all powerful god.
God will not come down Himself. Men are required to provoke miracles here on earth. So, if a man is not believing or open-minded enough that God can replace his amputated arm or leg, God will not. In the book of Philemon 1:14 He says, 'without thy mind, I would do nothing.'
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:20am On Jun 17, 2018
NPComplete:

Few, you say? I laugh at your dishonesty.
It is more likely for you to see a church advertising fake miracles and the words of their self-aggrandizing pastors than for you to see a real one.
Even the pastors feigning humility is just using it as a ruse to trap the morons that make up the bulk of Christian worshippers.
Your comments just point to the fact that you're concluding on all Christians based on what you've witnessed in a certain congregations.
I mean, who told you all Christians are dummies and morons now. Infact, you that claim to have sense so much now, why are you not competing with Femi Otedola in terms of wealth and all...?! :/
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2018
frowland:
That's because you're still operating with 'common sense'.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by frowland(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

I like science, I really do. Infact I love science. But my only problem is that every question only results to a question. cheesy
So, I appreciate science, acquire the knowledge, but resolute based on God's word alone. smiley

I was supervising a water project in some communities along Kano-Kastina Axis some years back (I am from SE, so don't ask me how I got those contracts). I overheard the villagers discussion about our crew. An older elder among them was pointing at each of us and telling his audience who we are and what our role was. You know what he called me? Bature (white man) but I was not even fair complexion so you can imagine the mentality of an elder other villagers look up to for 'wisdom'.
It was an eye opener because I tried to imagine 4k, 2k years ago (If you know how long 4k years mean in human knowledge) the mentality of those who 'claimed' they knew Moses, Abraham, Jesus, David etc etc.
Look.. Knowledge is power. Every question in our existence will always result to another question. It does not matter if it was Biblical or Scientific or otherwise. .

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by frowland(m): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

That's because you're still operating with 'common sense'.

Pff! Thats what they say when they have nothing else to say.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2018
frowland:

How?
How can I explain this to you now?! Have you seen Jesus, his bones or corpse or anything of that sort?
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:26am On Jun 17, 2018
frowland:

Pff! Thats what they say when they have nothing else to say.
Lol, I had a feeling you'd say this.
Trust me! There's alot I have to say. Just don't have that much time to burn now. And my battery is even low now sef. smiley
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by frowland(m): 11:29am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

Lol, I had a feeling you'd say this.
Trust me! There's alot I have to say. Just don't have that much time to burn now. And my battery is even low now sef. smiley

Its cool. Save that for another day mate. But Africans always turn biblical when reality and perception is beyond the limit their brain can comprehend.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2018
frowland:

God can allow evil and calamity upon those who are evil. Not upon his own! That's what that scripture is implying. I will make peace for my people and create evil for their enemies.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 11:33am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

God is never responsible for anything evil.
Remember John 10:10, 'The thief cometh not, but for to steal, kill, and to destroy.' and 1 John 3:8b, 'for this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.'
Satan is responsible for every evil.

Isaiah 45 :7 says differently, and Lamentation 3:38 also... Nothing happens outside the will of God.. And the devil is not a dual opposite of God. He only does what God tells him to do...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by frowland(m): 11:37am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

How can I explain this to you now?!
Have you seen Jesus, his bones or corpse or anything of that sort?

That's the story you were told by your great-great ..... .........grand dads from the Middle East 2k year ago! Nothing to document, video, snap draw the events etc etc (Oduduwa, the great yoruba ancestor came down from Heaven with chicken sand etc etc) did you believe that also or you choose to believe the one from the Arab world..
Look why have God not divided the RED sea since or repeated those similer episodes written down 4k years ago? Its was just written and you have no choice to believe. Not that I doubt what you believe in though as I feel you have the right to think the way you do (That's what I think makes us humans afterall).
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:41am On Jun 17, 2018
sonmvayina:

Isaiah 45 :7 says differently, and Lamentation 3:38 also... Nothing happens outside the will of God.. And the devil is not a dual opposite of God. He only does what God tells him to do...
Satan doesn't do what God tells him to do.
That's why he's called 'rebellious' dude.
Nothing happens outside the will of God-true. But did you know God's will is His word?! And satan is also familiar with and believes the word as well. So satan can easily use the word against anyone who is not grounded in understanding and light.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by EarthXmetahuman: 11:42am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

God will not come down Himself. Men are required to provoke miracles here on earth. So, if a man is not believing or open-minded enough that God can replace his amputated arm or leg, God will not. In the book of Philemon 1:14 He says, 'without thy mind, I would do nothing.'
so every men in the past and present, even in the Bible are not open minded enough to heal an amputee?
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by frowland(m): 11:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

God can allow evil and calamity upon those who are evil. Not upon his own! That's what that scripture is implying. I will make peace for my people and create evil for their enemies.

Well, the verse did not say 'allow' you inserted that word. The book said 'create'. That's how you guys deceive unsuspecting members.
Besides, I have seen good men die untimely. I have seen bad men live to old age.... so whats your point?
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 11:45am On Jun 17, 2018
frowland:

That's the story you were told by your great-great ..... .........grand dads from the Middle East 2k year ago! Nothing to document, video, snap draw the events etc etc (Oduduwa, the great yoruba ancestor came down from Heaven with chicken sand etc etc) did you believe that also or you choose to believe the one from the Arab world..
Look why have God not divided the RED sea since or repeated those similer episodes written down 4k years ago? Its was just written and you have no choice to believe. Not that I doubt what you believe in though as I feel you have the right to think the way you do (That's what I think makes us humans afterall).
Why would He even divide the red sea again? There are ships now that can take people to and fro.
I have a choice: to believe or not to believe. I choose to believe because the Word has life. Unlike words from other religions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Truth About God And Jesus / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here / Meaning Of Cutting Firewood In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.