Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Why Do People Deny Power Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Deny Power Of God? (9035 Views)

TB Joshua: It Takes Insanity To Deny This Resemblance / Pastors Deny Their Ministry And Members To Evade Arrest In FCT / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Omooba77: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2018
I still wonder why a lot of people deny power of God and all the evidencial miracles!
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by bennymark(m): 8:24am On Jun 17, 2018
Y
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by NdiaraIGBO: 8:40am On Jun 17, 2018
Which freaking power?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Drabrah(m): 8:40am On Jun 17, 2018
Cos pipu av so much abused it
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Section1000: 8:41am On Jun 17, 2018
J
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by patyowr: 8:41am On Jun 17, 2018
People do not deny the power of God, people are either ignorant of the power or just don't know how powerful God is

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by lascopes(m): 8:41am On Jun 17, 2018
How Ayam not understand
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by czarina(f): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Wondering too. Even with so many miracles and signs of His presence daily. There will always be Thomases though cool
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Ramon92: 8:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Cos there's no power of God by default

15 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by etiosa97(m): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2018
People will always deny what they've not seen.. I'm young and now I'm old. I've never seen a real miracle... Fake fake fake

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Elzends(m): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Omooba77:
I still wonder why a lot of people deny power of God and all the evidencial miracles!
Evidencial ke...
As much as I believe miracles exist, most things we witness nowadays are either staged or someone told someone who told someone.....
lemme not go to the testimony part

9 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by bigeliot(m): 8:44am On Jun 17, 2018
Bcus He's beyond our understanding. Fact is, people behave anyhow until a problem humbles dem, den they'll wanna try if dis God is real Nd can help dem out and surely He does. Na just ignorance dey worry us

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:45am On Jun 17, 2018
czarina:
Wondering too. Even with so many miracles and sighs of His presence daily. There will always be Thomases though cool

One single question, what "miracle(s)" can ONLY happen to a Christian that can't possibly happen to other religious people or even atheists?

make your answer(s) based on something testable and verifiable like "Only a Christian suffering from cancer can be cured" "only a Christian can be a multimillionaire" "only a Christian can survive a nuclear bomb blast" "Only Christian players can win the world cup"

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:45am On Jun 17, 2018
hG

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by cvibe2: 8:46am On Jun 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:46am On Jun 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by realmindz: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
Prove it and we won't deny. Cure an amputee.

Meanwhile, another great video from dark matter for those who appreciate intelligent works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttevamkS6gw

Seun hopefullandlord 0temsapiens

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by NPComplete: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
The reason why people deny the power of God is that religion, Christianity, Islam, etc.., who claim to possess the knowledge and power of God have given us nothing other than outright fabrication and irreplicable miracles.

Modern Christianity for instance is filled with liars, thieves and self-promoting assholes and charlatans that call themselves pastors. Their best miracles are cheap tricks like shaving the head of homeless people and calling it a cure for madness. Or unverifiable testimonies like driving on an empty tank from Lagos to Abuja. Nothing concrete. Just lies.

Everything that God has created is sure and verifiable and replicable. Everything that God supports is measurable and stands the test of time. In science, the tool that God has given us to improve ourselves, results are verifiable. When you cure a sick man with science there is an 80% chance u will cure anyone plagued with a similar ailment.

But in religion a pastor can only "cure" people in controlled environments like his church and usually it is less than 1% of the people with the ailment. There is no way that cure can be verified because the people "cured" are never heard from again. Nobody knows them. Not even the church members. Besides that they cannot replicate the healing in verified places like hospitals. That is why all the mad men you know are still mad. All the blind men you know are still blind and all the deaf people you know are still deaf.

So long as the definition of the power of God is the moronic expressions of fake miracles and speaking in tongues, people will continue to deny it. And the numbers of such people will only continue to grow. Modern Christianity is devoid of anything that can be remotely called the power of God. Its only filled with showboating pastors speaking so much drivel with as much bombast. And their junkie followers with less scruples than a shady fox who somehow think that claiming to be a Christian is a bragging right and makes them feel special.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
People will always deny or doubt miracles until they are dire in need of one.
Even a doctor will have no choice but to believe when he's faced with a terminal illness.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Viking007(m): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
Well, I used to deny the power of God not until when I witnessed real evil with my own eyes.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by femijay8271(m): 8:52am On Jun 17, 2018
becus they don't love him and they don't have patience
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:53am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:
Even a doctor will have no choice but to believe when he's faced with a terminal illness.

Nonsense, Christopher Hitchens died of terminal illness and kept blaspheming until his death

9 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by uncleFola(m): 8:53am On Jun 17, 2018
God is real.... no one can understand the way he works ��
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2018
Whatever happens, whether good or evil, it is God who is responsible... There is only one God... Not 2, there is no separate God for good, and evil...

It is just the duality of life.. Two different sides of the same thing...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by sonmvayina(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2018
Viking007:
Well, I used to deny the power of God not until when I witnessed real evil with my own eyes.

Whatever happens, whether good or evil, it is God who is responsible... There is only one God... Not 2, there is no separate God for good, and evil...

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2018
They should better find a church of their taste and focus on his power." No be by force is Tithing"
Happy Sunday!
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Omooba224: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2018
I still can't fathom why some people keep reasoning with their mouth rather than their God-given brain. Evidencial Miracle you said? I have never seen any miracle with my 2 naked eyes oo. I don't buy the idea of an hearsay. Miracle like an amputee having a new pair of legs? Traveling from Maiduguri to Lagos without fuel? Please stop trying to play with our intelligence biko. Abeg you

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Dan1cole(m): 8:59am On Jun 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Nonsense, Christopher Hitchens died of terminal illness and kept blaspheming until his death
Well, he died refusing to believe. That's his problem.
Pls understand my statement before rushing to comment.
Even an atheist (desiring to live) would ask to be prayed for when he's at the point of death-hoping for a miracle. Believe me, I've seen/heard things.
Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by realmindz: 9:00am On Jun 17, 2018
Dan1cole:

So it takes evil or unfortunate events to know god.

It's a psychological thing for the human mind to seek refuge in times of helplessness. Present people a mere stone as salvation and it will do the trick.
People always desire a thing to believe in, something to give them hope

11 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by HardMirror(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2018
Omooba77:
like which miracle?
People deny the so called power because we have realised that they are 99.9% lies. Prove me wrong by listing 2miracles here with the evidences

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by EarthXmetahuman: 9:01am On Jun 17, 2018
Because you expect power of God to be beyond mere probability.

All powerful god that cannot make amputee walk but someone not permanently cripple.
Even power of science with its limits erases all doubts, except the so called power of all powerful god.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deny Power Of God? by Viking007(m): 9:03am On Jun 17, 2018
sonmvayina:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is There Something Inherently Wrong With Black Africans? / You Will Get There / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.