Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588077 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
Es tut mir leid guys,

Please, I booked for an appointment with a soon-to-expire passport, while
waiting for the re-issue. Now, I have received a new one. I hope it won't
affect my interview in any way? Should I go to the embassy with the two
passports?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

The least you can do bro is to post ur interview transcript here for people yet to go....Congrat bro

From observations, the interview questions are same. It's the same doc sheet used for everyone and your response is typed into the document. Hence, no need to keep dropping same interview transcripts but to share unique experiences different from what has been shared here.

Taking myself for example, my interview went exactly as the person who had hers the previous day, same format, same VO. Hence there was no need to duplicate the experience.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by themonk(m): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
cool
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
MaroCruz:

From observations, the interview questions are same. It's the same doc sheet used for everyone and your response is typed into the document. Hence, no need to keep dropping same interview transcripts but to share unique experiences different from what has been shared here.

Taking myself for example, my interview went exactly as the person who had hers the previous day, same format, same VO. Hence there was no need to duplicate the experience.

Congrats is advance. It's apparent they use a template for the interviews. It would not be easy for
everyone to remember all the answers word-for-word.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Eldeee:

Congratulations. But wait a minute this happens to be your very first post here, cos I can't recall seeing this name or anything close to it. honestly I must be very blunt with you, it's very much unfair. you were just consuming and never cared to give out from your wealth of knowledge. If others decide to act the way you choose to do, I wonder where you would have gotten some vital tips that have saved you quite a fortune which I believe you can attest to. The Holy Books admonish us to give, give and never stop giving.

I am saying this not just for you alone at this point, but for several others who also happens to employ this tactics. somebody here lamented bitterly about our veterans not coming back to update us with tons of valuable information, though I can't really say why, but hope we will still see more of you coming to advice the upcoming applicants who definitely need your knowledgeable guidance. Hope this won't be the very last time we will hear from you.

Congratulations once again. Go to deutschland and do great exploits.

You can't be sure for certain if he actually had info that he refused to contribute, or if he truly had no idea of the process.

This thread has almost almost all information needed, from applying for a degree to receiving visa, hence some peeps might not even have the need to post questions here since all they need to know is on the thread.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sakasitay:

Congrats is advance. It's apparent they use a template for the interviews. It would not be easy for
everyone to remember all the answers word-for-word.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sakasitay:
Es tut mir leid guys,

Please, I booked for an appointment with a soon-to-expire passport, while
waiting for the re-issue. Now, I have received a new one. I hope it won't
affect my interview in any way? Should I go to the embassy with the two
passports?

Going with the two seems to be the logical thing to do. Remember to make copies of each too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Swithoni: 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
Who is heading to Bielefeld this winter?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
dobeespen:

Nah nah, no one is under any obligation to do anything. what he's done is actually very expedient. He read, applied the info he got, and came out successful. Not everytime talk. sometimes it's better to move stealthily.

For 1 of his types who don't comment, there are about 10 or more who do. At the end of the day, everything evens out.

Good he used the information contained here to do the needful and I understand no one is obliged like you earlier said, but what am trying to point out still balls down to what will make this beautiful thread alive, take a look at some other threads in this travel section, and you will understand what we have here.

I think we should desire for the better of others and not just ourselves alone. I believe someone here could have learnt from one of his unique valuable experience if he cared to share. we all desire growth, let's not encourage selfish tendencies as this cos it definitely will not lead to growth.

Even if we are not obliged to do something, we are admonished and encouraged by the Holy Books to share and do good for the benefit of others.

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by stateboy8080(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
I am but no admission yet. Have you gotten admission?
Swithoni:
Who is heading to Bielefeld this winter?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
MaroCruz:

You can't be sure for certain if he actually had info that he refused to contribute, or if he truly had no idea of the process.

This thread has almost almost all information needed, from applying for a degree to receiving visa, hence some peeps might not even have the need to post questions here since all they need to know is on the thread.

Good, take for instance, someone just asked him almost immediately about the emirates airlines promo code, and how much it cost to book. Now this have been shared here but not well elaborated. If he did justice to that question rather than keeping quiet as some peeps have implied, several persons here will definitely learn from it and even the person who asked him.

It would have been better he tried to elaborate more on that, since he did it and it worked out. He could have told us how he did it at least.

Am only encouraging we help uplift one another by sharing which is what has kept the Indians and Chinese more successful than we in Germany.

Danke fur ihre verstehen.

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
legend0110:
Abeg what's the promo code again. And how much do Emirates charge to Germany

@marocruz, can you please help us do justice to this by elaborating how best to make it work.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Reichtum:
A friend wants to assist me with SL but the alien office in Hamburg didn't grant him. They told him that he must have a company in Germany to be eligible.
How true is this?
I'm sad here cry
he's a lier

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2018
dailydolar:
he's a lier

Boss you are in Nigeria calling person there a liar. It could be true for his very state, though it actually sounds odd

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Obinnalex(m): 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
smoothvee:

Bro which school in Berlin admitted you?
I’m going to FU

Beuth University

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
dailydolar:
he's a lier
You no dey try dey sugar coat something sometimes sef chia lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
heybaby12:

You no dey try dey sugar coat something sometimes sef chia lol grin grin

Lol
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2018
legend0110:
Abeg what's the promo code again. And how much do Emirates charge to Germany

Hallo

I went to the emirates office on wednesday. it's address is 7-12 Churchgate St, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Description of how to get there : from wherever you are in Lagos, take a bus to Obalende, drop at the last bustop then enter another bus going to Lekki/Ajah and drop at law school. From law school bustop, you turn and face the road as if you're going back, walk back a little and follow the curve to the left, keep walking ahead to the first turning on the LEFT, after turning to the left, you will still walk a little and turn again to the right (FIRST TURNING ON THE RIGHT). That's where you'll find Emirates, Etihad, Lufthansa, etc. There are 2 tall buildings there, it's in the second tall building and it's on the fourth floor

The promo code is real and it's for students. The way it works is you'll have to go to their office, tell them you're a student and the date you're planning to travel. they need proof of either student visa or admission letter. they will give you a promotional code. Then you go back on your own and book your ticket online by yourself, there's a space to input the promo code when booking online (NOTE:they will not help you do that. it's something you can do on your phone immediately). After booking the ticket, you go back to their office to pay.

I cannot give a range of the price of the ticket because the price is dependent on the available number of seats on the day you intend to travel but rest assured, whatever price your ticket is, you'll get a 15% discount as a student. The promo lasts till December

A word of advice (My one kobo): Incase you're planning to go there, I'll advice you to go with the intention of buying the ticket that very day because It's stressful and expensive to get there. After collecting the promo code, you can book the ticket immediately on your phone, pay and collect your discounted ticket (you can use your atm card to pay, and if you can't use it, there's an atm machine in the building where you can withdraw money from). Also do not forget to take your student visa or admission letter along

All the best

29 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kryptomeniac: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Mamtobs:

Hallo

I went to the emirates office on wednesday. it's address is 7-12 Churchgate St, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Description of how to get there : from wherever you are in Lagos, take a bus to Obalende, drop at the last bustop then enter another bus going to Lekki/Ajah and drop at law school. From law school bustop, you turn and face the road as if you're going back, walk back a little and follow the curve to the left, keep walking ahead to the first turning on the LEFT, after turning to the left, you will still walk a little and turn again to the right (FIRST TURNING ON THE RIGHT). That's where you'll find Emirates, Etihad, Lufthansa, etc. There are 2 tall buildings there, it's in the second tall building and it's on the fourth floor

The promo code is real and it's for students. The way it works is you'll have to go to their office, tell them you're a student and the date you're planning to travel. they need proof of either student visa or admission letter. they will give you a promotional code. Then you go back on your own and book your ticket online by yourself, there's a space to input the promo code when booking online (NOTE:they will not help you do that. it's something you can do on your phone immediately). After booking the ticket, you go back to their office to pay.

I cannot give a range of the price of the ticket because the price is dependent on the available number of seats on the day you intend to travel but rest assured, whatever price your ticket is, you'll get a 15% discount as a student. The promo lasts till December

A word of advice (My one kobo): Incase you're planning to go there, I'll advice you to go with the intention of buying the ticket that very day because It's stressful and expensive to get there. After collecting the promo code, you can book the ticket immediately on your phone, pay and collect your discounted ticket (you can use your atm card to pay, and if you can't use it, there's an atm machine in the building where you can withdraw money from). Also do not forget to take your student visa or admission letter along

All the best

Thanks for sharing... Very insightful

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sarnucey(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
OBYNOWEST12:

Congrats.

Which course ?
Msc Economics
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sarnucey(m): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

The least you can do bro is to post ur interview transcript here for people yet to go....Congrat bro
Basically questions on previous thread.
1. Which course?
2. Why the course and Germany not UK, US, or Canada.
3. What can I say about Germany.
4. Have I funded.

I had the interview 1st of June here in Abj.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Reichtum(m): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
Chriswazo:

Boss you are in Nigeria calling person there a liar. It could be true for his very state, though it actually sounds odd

Is there anyone in Hamburg who successfully used SL?

Since requirements may vary from state to state, I will like to first hand info pls.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2018
Mamtobs:

Hallo

All the best
Better person thanks for this. I called and they were just talking nonsense.
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
Mamtobs:

Hallo

All the best

Wow, words can't describe my thoughts as I type. You are really a darling, took ample time to explain in details how to get this fixed. Abeg come make I give you better hug, hope your guy is not watching oooo. lol.

This is what we should encourage in this lovely and resourceful thread and not selfish thoughts. God bless you real good mamtobs, you are darling and a rare jewel.

Abeg come collect better hug jare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sarnucey(m): 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
Eldeee:

Congratulations. But wait a minute this happens to be your very first post here, cos I can't recall seeing this name or anything close to it. honestly I must be very blunt with you, it's very much unfair. you were just consuming and never cared to give out from your wealth of knowledge. If others decide to act the way you choose to do, I wonder where you would have gotten some vital tips that have saved you quite a fortune which I believe you can attest to. The Holy Books admonish us to give, give and never stop giving.

I am saying this not just for you alone at this point, but for several others who also happens to employ this tactics. somebody here lamented bitterly about our veterans not coming back to update us with tons of valuable information, though I can't really say why, but hope we will still see more of you coming to advice the upcoming applicants who definitely need your knowledgeable guidance. Hope this won't be the very last time we will hear from you.

Congratulations once again. Go to deutschland and do great exploits.

Thank you and God bless you.
I understand your point of view. You are absolutely right.

However, If I had seen questions that were unattended to or were not answered in the right context, I would have gladly answered.

You can be rest assured you will see more of me going forward with beneficial pieces of information as they relate to my previous experience and knowledge.

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sarnucey(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
The promo code I have is NGSTU18

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
sarnucey:

However, If I had seen questions that were unattended to or were not answered in the right context, I would have gladly answered.

You can be rest assured you will see more of me going forward with beneficial pieces of information as they relate to my previous experience and knowledge.

Nice words. That's the spirit. we need each other to get to the top. Thanks for your understanding. We hope to see more of you. God's grace as you prepare.

Madam abeg give am one bottle for my head, lol

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenthumphz(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
sarnucey:

That's a matured mind/response. Thumbs up for not tryna defend yourself or be rude/insultive. All the best and hope to see you in DE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sarnucey(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
Eldeee:

Nice words. That's the spirit. we need each other to get to the top. Thanks for your understanding. We hope to see more of you. God's grace as you prepare.

Madam abeg give am one bottle for my head, lol
I am Alfa ooo

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sarnucey(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
Kenthumphz:

That's a matured mind/response. Thumbs up for not tryna defend yourself or be rude/insultive. All the best and hope to see you in DE.

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
Eldeee:

that's kind of you, thank you for updating Abuja peeps.

How did u do it guy I have been sending mails no reply up till now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.