Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (587552 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2018
femo86:
For a friend...

Anyone for September 20th appointment in Lagos?

Heading to Gottingen and extended deadline to 15th October from 30th September.

Will she meet up at the University? (approx 16 working days from Interview date to deadline)

What do you guys think? Thanks

let her join the WhatsApp group for those heading to Göttingen/state of lower Saxony. PM if interested
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Reichtum(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
Oluyemz25:
Hello my people,

Please is there anyone who has done AXA MANSARD travel insurance recently, can you please give me description on how to go about it and how much pls.

I would appreciate oh, as that is what is delaying my sending passport to embassy for stamping.

Thank you
This was the mail I got when I did a 3 months insurance.
Please confirm the number of months you need.
It's pretty simple and straight forward.

Thank you for your interest in taking up AXA Mansard Travel Insurance plan.

Kindly be informed that the AXA Mansard Travel Insurance provides worldwide coverage for the following listed below:

Medical expenses and hospitalization abroad during the period of cover
Emergency medical evaluation
Unlimited transport or repatriation of family member traveling with insured
Compensation for in-flight loss of checked-in baggage
Location and forwarding of personal effects
Compensation for delayed departure
Compensation for hijacking in means of public transport
Trip cancellation expenses

The travel price under our Schengen package for the period of ninety two days (92 days) as seen in the price list below is N14,307.03k per person.

However, the price above is subject to change depending on the age of the person(s) traveling and the purpose of trip.

For Online Purchase:

Please click on the link below to get a projected plan and purchase online

https://www.axamansard.com/myaxa/insurance/travel/

Thank you as we look forward to your patronage.

Best regards,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by femo86(m): 1:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
shasha25:

let her join the WhatsApp group for those heading to Göttingen/state of lower Saxony. PM if interested

Thanks ......You've got a pm

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by idrisaleo1: 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
We never truly understood how inspiring those comments we drop here are for those in a similar situation. After sending countless number of messages, a brother finally got an appointment today. (Sent 12:14 Uhr).Keep those inspiring comments coming and I would advise we try to explain how helpless we are as regards getting an admission early. Congrats to everyone as we would surely get whatever we want if we truly want it.

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Odedenshi1(m): 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
[quote author=TheNoble007 post=70148702]

Thanks for your response. It couldn't have been more apt, I sent an enquiry to Jena and got a response yesterday that I would be updated on my admission status in two weeks. Although I have set sight on Summer, I am also confident anything could still happen. Impossible is nothing, cheers.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by micah1865: 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
swisster:

yes go ahead, no tym o

Hi,

Can we talk on the phone please? I'd like to ask a few questions. Its quite hard getting a response on this trend if youre not writing an interview transcript. I sent you a PM request.

Regards,
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Swithoni: 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
idrisaleo1:
We never truly understood how inspiring those comments we drop here are for those in a similar situation. After sending countless number of messages, a brother finally got an appointment today. (Sent 12:14 Uhr).Keep those inspiring comments coming and I would advise we try to explain how helpless we are as regards getting an admission early. Congrats to everyone as we would surely get whatever we want if we truly want it.
You got a date today too?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by idrisaleo1: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
Swithoni:

You got a date today too?

A bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sarahgold53(f): 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
shasha25:

Please do gottingen accept English profiency letter? Do i have to write toefl or ielts?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by okafor1989: 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
OBYNOWEST12:
Please how much does DHL express or FedEx charge in sending documents to any European country.

I enjoy using FedEx and I just sent documents 2days back and the charges was #16,112
Mind you the documents were not more than 0.5kg

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
Sarahgold53:

Please do gottingen accept English profiency letter? Do i have to write toefl or ielts?

I used proficiency letter. which course Is yours cos some department will tell you to present TOEFL
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Swithoni: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2018
idrisaleo1:

A bro
Okay, all the best to him
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sarahgold53(f): 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2018
shasha25:

I used proficiency letter. which course Is yours cos some department will tell you to present TOEFL

Msc applied comp science
The information on their site is confusing
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2018
Sarahgold53:

Msc applied comp science The information on their site is confusing

the best thing is for you to contact dem via email
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Samrubby1: 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
Good day gurus in the house..pls would need you guys to help me out in this, i am about applying for masters in geology but for summer batch..but going through uni-assist I noticed that virtually all schools have not started summer admission(from what I noticed ,but I stand corrected on this ), so am asking when does most schools start summer admission? So I could start applying on time..am kinda new house..thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pervic(m): 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
Samrubby1:
Good day gurus in the house..pls would need you guys to help me out in this, i am about applying for masters in geology but for summer batch..but going through uni-assist I noticed that virtually all schools have not started summer admission(from what I noticed ,but I stand corrected on this ), so am asking when does most schools start summer admission? So I could start applying on time..am kinda new house..thanks

Search for your intended course via www.daad.de. Then proceed to the searched prospective uni course website for more information about application deadline (start - end) and other requirements
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please what are the chances of getting admitted into a locally restricted (NC) course especially in Summer?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Wande15(f): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
Ecomagic:
Brothers. Thank you for all the info. I got admission into University of Bonn MSc Economics for Oct. Free tuition truly but I'm scared of the blocked account figures I'm seeing here. Is there any possible scholarship right now, currently ongoing? I've searched google already of course. Just dont want to leave here out.
Hi, Good evening. Pls I sent you a pm, I'm applying to university of Bonn too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Azdof(m): 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
Samrubby1:

Most schools start receiving applications from November.

My advice

Use daad.de, search for schools that offer your course, check their requirements and see if you meet them (don't lie to your self, rejection is real), check the exact date application begins and when it closes and work towards the dates for each school.

Don't stay away from Uniassist because of the fees, except you confident of getting admission from "non-assist" schools.

Apply to good number of schools

Early admission is key!

Best of luck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
Opinionator:
Please what are the chances of getting admitted into a locally restricted (NC) course especially in Summer?

The issue about restricted course is the time taken for the admission decision to be out and considering u have to book an appointment early enough, if u desire the course u can get admitted with strong gpa with some factors attached, but ur best but is to apply as to many schools as possible.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GeneralBahdGuy: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
CassieV:
None that I know of.. I'm guessing it's 2 pages, maybe 500 words. Mine was 2 pages
On a full scap or plain A4 paper
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by idrisaleo1: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
Swithoni:

Okay, all the best to him

Taink you in brother Shaggi's voice
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by CassieV(f): 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
GeneralBahdGuy:

On a full scap or plain A4 paper
Anyone I guess.. I used A4 paper.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GeneralBahdGuy: 8:02pm On Aug 10, 2018
COA1:
There are no hard and fast rules to the first school leaving and waec/ neco documents. If you are going for MSc and don't have 1st school leaving cert or even WAEC scratch card, don't worry yourself. The VO said it's mainly emphasised for someone going for BSc or does not have an undergraduate degree from Nigeria, because it is assumed your Secondary school admitted you because you finished primary school and your undergraduate uni should have confiirmed your waec result. However, whenever they have doubts or inconsistencies, that's when they also verify, hence the necessity to still attached the waec scratch card for MSc. Cyber cafe print out of the waec result checker is also accepted.

Neco is very much accepted too if that's what you have, then of course, you'll also go with neco scratch card not waec.
Also as said before, to be on the safest side, go with 3 handwritten motivation letters and staple 2 passports to the two visa application form (though the VO would do this if you didn't do it already), and hold one extra copy loose.

No point sharing transcript, we've had enough already. So I felt like sharing other useful tips from my yesterday's experience and the answers given to me first hand. Do yourself the good of revising all the questions from other people's transcript. Don't be afraid to say that you intend to get few years work experience after your MSc like I was before the VO himself ask me, "won't you like to get experience?" Of course my answer was yes, though I kept the no of years short, then he typed it in too.

Finally, think outside the box when giving facts about Germany, they are tired of hearing the same facts over and over again. The guy who interviewed me was impressed and gave me kudos for giving him some new important facts, even though some were obvious.

Thanks to all the regular commenters on this thread, you all are doing a great job. And to the silent followers like myself, keep it up o, but don't fail to assist when you can. Time to go back to ghost mode. Tschüs

One handwritten and d other 2 phocopied abi
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MrMaserati: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2018
Good day naira fam, please I had my interview at the Abuja German embassy on the 13th of July, where I also did biometric and handed over my passport as well as all necessary documents and up until now I haven’t gotten any reply from them. Should I be worried? Does it take this long? And also please if you are here and you had your interview on the same date as me please I would like to know if you’ve heard from the embassy. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
OK. Thanks boss.

ehixestgratias:

I don't think you need to send ur confirmation in a mail to them since you Hv not had ur interview, jst go with it on ur interview date. Best of luck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ehizburg(m): 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
Guten Abend alle zusammen
Special salutations to all the elders in the house.
Please, is there any one studying in Duisburg (I got admitted into Uni Duisburg - UDE). How is the accommodation situation in the town? I got a room offer from the Studentenwerk for €265 monthly. I feel it is too expensive, what do u think? I'm supposed to pay the caution/reservation fee (€600) immediately. I already bought the euro but have been experiencing problems transfering it from Naija to Germany. Please, anyone who wants to pay euro into a dorm account in Nigeria can PM me.
Thanks a lot guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2018
I understand the feeling, but you've to remember the visa process takes 4-6wks. It's barely 4wks sir. Relax and pray. It's coming.

MrMaserati:
Good day naira fam, please I had my interview at the Abuja German embassy on the 13th of July, where I also did biometric and handed over my passport as well as all necessary documents and up until now I haven’t gotten any reply from them. Should I be worried? Does it take this long? And also please if you are here and you had your interview on the same date as me please I would like to know if you’ve heard from the embassy. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Obinnalex(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
Samrubby1:

University of Ulm, RWTH and University of Bremen hv started applications for summer semester

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Obinnalex(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2018
Opinionator:

Try to apply to Non restricted courses. It will be easier for you to get admitted unless u hv a very good GPA den u can go for restricted courses
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
€265?? Studentenwerk Freiburg slammed me with €301. But cities differ from each other. Find out if Duisburg is an expensive city before you can decide if €265 is a good deal or not. Also bear in mind, accommodations are generally tough to get and expensive during winter semesters. Good luck.

ehizburg:
Guten Abend alle zusammen
Special salutations to all the elders in the house.
Please, is there any one studying in Duisburg (I got admitted into Uni Duisburg - UDE). How is the accommodation situation in the town? I got a room offer from the Studentenwerk for €265 monthly. I feel it is too expensive, what do u think? I'm supposed to pay the caution/reservation fee (€600) immediately. I already bought the euro but have been experiencing problems transfering it from Naija to Germany. Please, anyone who wants to pay euro into a dorm account in Nigeria can PM me.
Thanks a lot guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.