Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,428 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (589668 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Richiebay(m): 4:36am On Aug 13, 2018
YSPON:
Got a date for 16/8. Anyone scheduled for same day kindly connect pls.
yes bro..my date is 16
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Panelbeater(m): 7:24am On Aug 13, 2018
FrancisLegend:
Four admission so far,

Hannover (Neuroscience)
Freiburg (neuroscience),
FSU, Jena (Biochemistry)
Ruhr, Bochum (Biochemistry).

Haven't decided yet on where to enroll.
I dont have 1500 euro per semester, so freiburg should be out of it.
Hello Francis I have to hook up with you ,I also got Biochemistry at Ruhr Bochum..let send me a mail or let me have your mail pls
Pls, which city is easier to get student work Jena or Bochum.

I need many respond pls should in case you know germany better

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Panelbeater(m): 7:27am On Aug 13, 2018
Please house I need to make a payment of 500euros to my school account over there Germany, please how do I do I go about it or is there any agent that helps with that within Lagos?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Panelbeater(m): 7:30am On Aug 13, 2018
FrancisLegend:
Hello Nairalander,

Anyone going to Ruhr University, Bochum,

Let Connect.
Hi Francis , let’s connect Biochemistry hopeful at Ruhr Bochum over here too

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 13, 2018
jenny123:
Is anyone or know anyone who is in Martin-Luther university Halle-wittenberg

a friend is heading there this winter to study business economic- bachelor
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 13, 2018
Panelbeater:
Please house I need to make a payment of 500euros to my school account over there Germany, please how do I do I go about it or is there any agent that helps with that within Lagos?

go the bank and make the payment or if you have a friend in Germany, send the money to the person's naira account with the school details, let the person take it up from there

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by jenny123: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2018
shasha25:

a friend is heading there this winter to study business economic- bachelor
pls can u share his contact
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KingUCC: 8:51am On Aug 13, 2018
ehizburg:
Guten Abend alle zusammen
Special salutations to all the elders in the house.
Please, is there any one studying in Duisburg (I got admitted into Uni Duisburg - UDE). How is the accommodation situation in the town? I got a room offer from the Studentenwerk for €265 monthly. I feel it is too expensive, what do u think? I'm supposed to pay the caution/reservation fee (€600) immediately. I already bought the euro but have been experiencing problems transfering it from Naija to Germany. Please, anyone who wants to pay euro into a dorm account in Nigeria can PM me.
Thanks a lot guys.

I am going to University of Duisburg-Essen too

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 13, 2018
Anyone studying economics (Msc) have seen couple of schools but just wanna know which is the best or based on academics and location.. I’m presently a serving corp member and I intend applying now with the hope of traveling immediately after youth service. Also for the English proficiency test is toefl and ielts on the same level or one is preferred to the other ?.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by samajayi1(m): 10:09am On Aug 13, 2018
COA1:
There are no hard and fast rules to the first school leaving and waec/ neco documents. If you are going for MSc and don't have 1st school leaving cert or even WAEC scratch card, don't worry yourself. The VO said it's mainly emphasised for someone going for BSc or does not have an undergraduate degree from Nigeria, because it is assumed your Secondary school admitted you because you finished primary school and your undergraduate uni should have confiirmed your waec result. However, whenever they have doubts or inconsistencies, that's when they also verify, hence the necessity to still attached the waec scratch card for MSc. Cyber cafe print out of the waec result checker is also accepted.

Neco is very much accepted too if that's what you have, then of course, you'll also go with neco scratch card not waec.
Also as said before, to be on the safest side, go with 3 handwritten motivation letters and staple 2 passports to the two visa application form (though the VO would do this if you didn't do it already), and hold one extra copy loose.

No point sharing transcript, we've had enough already. So I felt like sharing other useful tips from my yesterday's experience and the answers given to me first hand. Do yourself the good of revising all the questions from other people's transcript. Don't be afraid to say that you intend to get few years work experience after your MSc like I was before the VO himself ask me, "won't you like to get experience?" Of course my answer was yes, though I kept the no of years short, then he typed it in too.

Finally, think outside the box when giving facts about Germany, they are tired of hearing the same facts over and over again. The guy who interviewed me was impressed and gave me kudos for giving him some new important facts, even though some were obvious.

Thanks to all the regular commenters on this thread, you all are doing a great job. And to the silent followers like myself, keep it up o, but don't fail to assist when you can. Time to go back to ghost mode. Tschüs

I had my interview on 10th too, were you the guy that came a little bit late?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by adebowale14: 10:23am On Aug 13, 2018
Hi Peeps,

please is anyone travelling to Hamburg on the 29th of this month with Emirate?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by haybellfire(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2018
Fast and Sweet interview tohhh Bad! I told God that I want the Black dude on ponk to interview me and he was the one. Very short and brief. There were 5 of us for student visa interview I was the 2nd to be called in but was first to come out. Went in around 7:35 and finished 8:00am
What are you applying for?
What semester?
What school ( asked like 3 times)
What program?
What course.(asked this like 5 times) Then took my biometrics
Why did u choose this course
Why Germany?
What do u know about Germany? Just give me basic facts
What will you be doing after studies?
Who is your sponsor?
Do you have relatives in Germany?
OK gave me a slip to sign it was a confirmation that I will fund my account.
OK Make sure you fund as soon as possible.
OK sir!!!!!
Do u have any question for me?
That will be all.
Special thanks to everyone on this forum. Even though have been a silent follower after late last year. Av been getting facts and good info in here. May God bless us all. Germany abeg wait I dey come

17 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ay0mas(m): 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

Please I need advise, i got a job offer from a coy in Germany...but checking the appointment booking portal for lagos i see there is no available date for the next two months and i am meant to resume first week november.

Please what can i do in this case.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Panelbeater(m): 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
shasha25:

go the bank and make the payment or if you have a friend in Germany, send the money to the person's naira account with the school details, let the person take it up from there
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AyoPrudence(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
taiwo92:
Good day guys, I think it will be right if I drop this here. For new babies applying for summer semester which will start March April next year, do well to apply for accommodation along side ur application in any school and cities u choose to apply to. Let me use myself as an example. I applied to three schools in three different cities and I got all the admission. In Flensburg which I used for my visa, I got a studentenwerk accommodation fast because the cities is small also in magdeburg I got also but when I was trying to fill the form for dormitory application for Munich I discovered that that there is a column for to upload admission letter which I never get that time. So I left it unknowing to me that I can skip it and apply. Fast forward now, the waiting time for studentenwerk accommodation in some big cities(munich , Berlin and co) is 2 to 3 semester.

My point now is
1. Apply early while still in Nigeria.
2.once u get probably in two cities u apply for admission be very sure of the one u are going before signing the contract. Glücklich sonntag. I can't type much u can pm for more clarification. Make una no mind my English and typo error. �
Please kindly reply your PM. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AyoPrudence(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
heybaby12:

Applied mathematics for digital media

What school please?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
dreyman26:

Which school?
Geisenheim university... Bsc international wine business
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pappyjoicc(m): 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hello house please i need help in writing a motivation letter for a language course pls any help would be appreciated thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
samajayi1:

Congratulations....

Sorry bros talking about the Facts, can u pls pinpoint some for wealthy of note then when we d newbies come across on google we will know how to tailor our answers when asked. Reply will help me a lot.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenthumphz(m): 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
Plz guys is the Emirates promo still on. I tried booking for a friend to Frankfurt on the 27th of August, it wasn't bringing up the box for inputting the promo code I got from the Emirates staff today. Any pointers would really be appreciated
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Swithoni: 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2018
mariaattah:

Congratulations....

Sorry bros talking about the Facts, can u pls pinpoint some for wealthy of note then when we d newbies come across on google we will know how to tailor our answers when asked. Reply will help me a lot.
@mariaattah have you gotten a date?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by freakky(m): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2018
Kenthumphz:
Plz guys is the Emirates promo still on. I tried booking for a friend to Frankfurt on the 27th of August, it wasn't bringing up the box for inputting the promo code I got from the Emirates staff today. Any pointers would really be appreciated
it is use a system and not a mobile phone
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chi555: 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hello guys/Hello leute
I have a pending issue I want u to address. A friend of mine has his interview this week in lagos but his bachelors certificate is not ready yet. I have heard them reject someone for "ordinary" pry sch certificate. Pls how can he avoid any complications during his interview? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KingUCC: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
Kenthumphz:

It works with phone too.
Click on 'options' at the top right and select promotional code.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by BarristerAlarig: 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
heybaby12:

NCE yes but not ND

Thanks for the response. How can one apply with NCE?? Google isn't helping matters at all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chi555: 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hello guys/Hello leute
I have a pending issue I want u to address. A friend of mine has his interview this week in lagos but his bachelors certificate is not ready yet. I have heard them reject someone for "ordinary" pry sch certificate. Pls how can he avoid any complications during his interview? Any suggestions will be appreciated. #stillawaitingreply
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

Thanks for the response. How can one apply with NCE?? Google isn't helping matters at all.

Check through daad.de, go to country information
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by COA1: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
chi555:
Hello guys/Hello leute
I have a pending issue I want u to address. A friend of mine has his interview this week in lagos but his bachelors certificate is not ready yet. I have heard them reject someone for "ordinary" pry sch certificate. Pls how can he avoid any complications during his interview? Any suggestions will be appreciated. #stillawaitingreply

Let him go with his "Statement of Result" or whatever certificate/document he used to get his admission and hope for the best, since there is nothing he can do for now. Lagos is not as strict as Abuja. You can also recommend to him to get an official letter from his school stating his certificate is not yet ready as someone (nwigwemark or so) here did. Read page 147
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by COA1: 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
samajayi1:

No bros, I'm not a late comer. Moreover, I had my interview on the 9th, not 10th.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kryptomeniac: 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2018
Good day everyone.
On filling the visa form, I have a few questions to clarify.
First is on #6 on the form that requests for "intended place of stay in Germany".
I applied for school dorm hostel accommodation. Not gotten yet. I also have a friend doing Masters in my intended school. He is willing to welcome me upon arrival anyway. So can I fill in his details or just fill in the location of my campus and postal code??

Second question is on #13 on the application form, " means of subsistence"
I hope to us SL as BA money still far fetched. But for the sake of the interview I will claim to fund after interview. My question is, am I to fill in SL or BA as means of financial support when I get to Germany or my present means of subsistence which is Salary earner??

Third is on #9, "if applicable, intended employment". My question is since I intend doing student job when I must have settled, should I fill " student job" or leave it blank since my main aim is studies? Thanks!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
pappyjoicc:
Hello house please i need help in writing a motivation letter for a language course pls any help would be appreciated thanks

if you can sincerely answer the interview questions people post here, ie why Germany, why the course, why the school etc, then writing a motivation letter to tailor your needs won't be an issue. All the very best.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.