Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586881 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KingUCC: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2018
nutella:
Finally guys! It's here..

Interview- 13th September
Funded before interview
AM- 10th October
University of applied sciences, Fulda.

The embassy asked for proof of enrollment extension and my school hasn't been replying my mails. Is there anyone in Fulda that can help me out, please?

I was interviewed 13th September and got AM 10th October just as you. I also have same condition of getting enrolment extension, but I totally understand the reason for my condition.
Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chimax1(m): 8:03am On Oct 11, 2018
I went to certify my docs at the consulate ystrday. I had the first encounter with oga paulinous. Got to the embassy by 7.30 for my 8.00 am appointment, the weather was terrible that morning so i counted myself lucky. Meet around 10 people on the queue all seatd abt 4 visa interview 2 reunion.he walked out a guy that came without his passport (like common dude your coming to an embassy)he called me after some time and asked fr appointment letter and and passpprt. i passed to him not knowing my uni admission application form was in it(pls if u dont have this one dont bother coming. he will walk you out like he did the pretty girl on black). When he now requested for it, i gently told him he was holding it already cos i knew his temprament..bros that one no stop am, e change am for me! did i ask for this one the first time? I just lock up! He scrutinished me then passed me in. he wants strict compliance to his rules.Even the married woman fr reunion was not spared

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 8:19am On Oct 11, 2018
Lol. Not yet in freiburg o my brother. But I'll be looking at this weekend, by God's grace. Don't worry, God go do am for us all. Good luck.
phodio:

Thought you are already in Freiburg oo. I dey follow your process bumper to bumper. I got enrollment extension till 31st. I just hope I'm there in time. Still waiting for AM. Interview was on Sep 20. I do not get tensed up for this kind of wait but deadline is involved and really tensed up. God help oo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bawz007: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2018
For application, do I have to certify my documents at the embassy or use public notary? I'm applying to freiberg and they requested for certified copies. Can I use a public notary or must it be the German embassy? Thanks
chimax1:
I went to qcertify my docs at the consulate ystrday. I had the first encounter with oga paulinous. Got to the embassy by 7.30 for my 8.00 am appointment, the weather was terrible that morning so i counted myself lucky. Meet around 10 people on the queue all seatd abt 4 visa interview 2 reunion.he walked out a guy that came without his passport (like common dude your coming to an embassy)he called me after some time and asked fr appointment letter and and passpprt. i passed to him not knowing my uni admission application form was in it(pls if u dont have this one dont bother coming. he will walk you out like he did the pretty girl on black). When he now requested for it, i gently told him he was holding it already cos i knew his temprament..bros that one no stop am, e change am for me! did i ask for this one the first time? I just lock up! He scrutinished me then passed me in. he wants strict compliance to his rules.Even the married woman fr reunion was not spared
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 11, 2018
I really do not have much to write. At least, for the now. Let it be known that Germans are extremely nice people. To my Nigerian brothers and sisters, please be nice to them as well.

If you are in a gathering with foreigners and they inquire to know more about our great country, Nigeria; kindly use the opportunity to correct the many stereotypes about Nigeria. We are good people. Nigeria is not just a country in Africa, she is the representative of Africa. Let us rewrite our story!

Whatever dishonest character I portray will be used to judge you, my countrymen. It is equally true if the reverse is the case. Be a good Nigerian!

We do not represent our own self. We represent our names, family names, our country, and more generally the black race. Let us be good representatives.

To all those awaiting A.M and visas, it will come. I wish you the very best of luck!

If you are in Bayern, do not hesitate to send me a PM. One love!

16 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Berliner1: 8:52am On Oct 11, 2018
Fustinachichi:
Advice for those applying for new session...just apply for the Fintiba plus instead of basic....It covers everything travel insurance, and health insurance...and submit with ur fintiba account and remember to fill it on your form....so instead they will ask for ur passport only, no unnecessary delay...straight up!

It's more expensive....fintiba is a start up firm so I won't recommend them for insurance.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 9:32am On Oct 11, 2018
Btw high court and notary public certification which is more acceptable.. I have the opportunity of doing both at almost same price..also hope no harm certifying my documents now against winter applications
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by hillshark: 10:10am On Oct 11, 2018
My brothers and sisters,

Thank God

Finally AM don show,
Did interview on the 20th
Funded before interview.

But my worry now is that my enrollment deadline is monday. Travel date is saturday

Abeg i need quick advice, heading there already.

9 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by phodio: 10:26am On Oct 11, 2018
hillshark:
My brothers and sisters,

Thank God

Finally AM don show,
Did interview on the 20th
Funded before interview.

But my worry now is that my enrollment deadline is monday. Travel date is saturday

Abeg i need quick advice, heading there already.
Congratulations. Which state/city if I may ask
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yeside20: 10:26am On Oct 11, 2018
They don't accept letter of proficiency in English. Just IELTS and TOEFL
kevwemanuel:

please does Rhinewaal accept letter of proficiency in English from your school in place of TOEFL or other language tests?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sugaDaddy(m): 10:57am On Oct 11, 2018
For those who have gotten admission letter, how many schools did you apply to? Every school has a different application date which makes it difficult/impossible to apply to more than one school.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2018
enocholumide:
Who said you cannot finish with first class in Germany?

Yes you can, not that it really matters anyways, but you know how it goes. Your skills and papers speak for you in Germany.

Over two years ago, I was a silent reader on this thread, full of valuable information, kudos to the creator of this thread. You guys are changing lives.

For the new comers and the guys in the middle of their masters here, just know everything is possible. What you put in is what you get - garbage in, garbage out.

I'm here to encourage you to " risk been seen in all of your Glory ". Never give up, but ensure you put your best or don't do it at all.

Before end of studies, I had very nice job offers, processed EU blue card directly even before my final master defence.

Germany is tough, yes! But it is not necessarily tough, as long as you are tougher, but don't be rude. The Professors are very nice, but do not let them tag you "unserious", else you ll be seeing 3.3 on your grade sheet every semester - they don't care too, if you don't care about your grades.

If you are involved in group project, you can't hide behind the middle finger! They know if you are not working, they are not stupid! Don't be pushed back because of the color of your skin, lead the group and understand you are as equal as them, but don't rub it on anyone's face!

Quickly avoid the Professors that doesn't like you, Yes there are! Don't take their courses if you can avoid it! Very mean and crazy, with the way the Nigerian government dealt with you before you leave, last thing you need is a another witch or wizard in DE.

Make good impressions - the Professors profiles you from your write up, yes I know , I was an HIWI with one. If you are to write a paper, please read a lot of journals and write sound report, put in your best and don't copy!!!! All you need is that first impression - it happened to me. I was just in the studio one day and the Dean walked up to me, she asked: "Have you been a lecturer or been writing research papers before, could you join our academic commission?" -> I told you, put in your best in all you do!

Don't give your friend to copy your work, I know it sounds selfish unless he\she paid half of your block account money for you. But hey, if its going to hurt you, don't do it. Else, you ll enter the black book and the mark is good to be divided by the number of 'copiants' - I saw it happened!!. This is not Nigeria, anyone that wants to copy your work is ... need I say more?

In my school, the exams are very tough. 10 - 18 questions within 60minutes and you need over 93% (Some Profs 97%) to get the highest grade - 1.0. In short, you should be highly prepared for the exam before you register for it! Don't gamble! You can always write it when you are ready, next semester - but don't let it be too long. Ironically in my school, the further you push your exams, the lower the possibility of securing a good grade - it happened to me, I was shocked! I pushed Remote sensing and Photogrametry to the 3rd semester, I got a shock of my life! (I hate the course, but it was compulsory).

Not that your CGPA is the most important thing in life anyways - which is true. If you value relationships and social life more, go for it - we all need connections. But for some of us, we'd like to finish what we started with remarkable evidence wink

There are plenty things to say, but the post is getting rather too long. I'm sure you understand what I mean - YOU CAN BE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BE - TAKE YOURSELF VERY SERIOUS - NO ONE CARES.

With greetings and warm regards..

thumb up bro. thanks for this. please I Pm you. Want to ask some few things on a personal level

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 11, 2018
enocholumide:
Who said you cannot finish with first class in Germany?

Yes you can, not that it really matters anyways, but you know how it goes. Your skills and papers speak for you in Germany.

Over two years ago, I was a silent reader on this thread, full of valuable information, kudos to the creator of this thread. You guys are changing lives.

For the new comers and the guys in the middle of their masters here, just know everything is possible. What you put in is what you get - garbage in, garbage out.

I'm here to encourage you to " risk been seen in all of your Glory ". Never give up, but ensure you put your best or don't do it at all.

Before end of studies, I had very nice job offers, processed EU blue card directly even before my final master defence.

Germany is tough, yes! But it is not necessarily tough, as long as you are tougher, but don't be rude. The Professors are very nice, but do not let them tag you "unserious", else you ll be seeing 3.3 on your grade sheet every semester - they don't care too, if you don't care about your grades.

If you are involved in group project, you can't hide behind the middle finger! They know if you are not working, they are not stupid! Don't be pushed back because of the color of your skin, lead the group and understand you are as equal as them, but don't rub it on anyone's face!

Quickly avoid the Professors that doesn't like you, Yes there are! Don't take their courses if you can avoid it! Very mean and crazy, with the way the Nigerian government dealt with you before you leave, last thing you need is a another witch or wizard in DE.

Make good impressions - the Professors profiles you from your write up, yes I know , I was an HIWI with one. If you are to write a paper, please read a lot of journals and write sound report, put in your best and don't copy!!!! All you need is that first impression - it happened to me. I was just in the studio one day and the Dean walked up to me, she asked: "Have you been a lecturer or been writing research papers before, could you join our academic commission?" -> I told you, put in your best in all you do!

Don't give your friend to copy your work, I know it sounds selfish unless he\she paid half of your block account money for you. But hey, if its going to hurt you, don't do it. Else, you ll enter the black book and the mark is good to be divided by the number of 'copiants' - I saw it happened!!. This is not Nigeria, anyone that wants to copy your work is ... need I say more?

In my school, the exams are very tough. 10 - 18 questions within 60minutes and you need over 93% (Some Profs 97%) to get the highest grade - 1.0. In short, you should be highly prepared for the exam before you register for it! Don't gamble! You can always write it when you are ready, next semester - but don't let it be too long. Ironically in my school, the further you push your exams, the lower the possibility of securing a good grade - it happened to me, I was shocked! I pushed Remote sensing and Photogrametry to the 3rd semester, I got a shock of my life! (I hate the course, but it was compulsory).

Not that your CGPA is the most important thing in life anyways - which is true. If you value relationships and social life more, go for it - we all need connections. But for some of us, we'd like to finish what we started with remarkable evidence wink

There are plenty things to say, but the post is getting rather too long. I'm sure you understand what I mean - YOU CAN BE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BE - TAKE YOURSELF VERY SERIOUS - NO ONE CARES.

With greetings and warm regards..

thumb up. Greatly inspired. Please i've PM you. Want to ask about some few things on a personal level
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutch2018: 11:37am On Oct 11, 2018
Berliner1:

It's more expensive....fintiba is a start up firm so I won't recommend them for insurance.

@Berliner
Which insurance do you suggest that is generally accepted.
I want the one that can serve for embassy and enrollment.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by goldsmiths: 12:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
Anyone got Euro to sell?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by willijot(m): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hello house,
Please I need ro know of there is any Delta State University student that have been able to able apply succesully to any of these schools. I am having a little challenge getting my transcript on hand and letter of proficiency from school to enable me apply..please get in touch with me on whatsapp or text through 08087655619 - Williams....

Will also appraciete any input from anyone that have experienced such too.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by benswagtt(m): 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
haybellfire:

Yes. They do. You can send me a PM in case you need further assistant on that
i just Sent you one...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hey all, i need the opinion of an individual with experience on applying for visa with a sponsorship letter(Verpflichtungserklarung).How long did it take before u got the "AM"
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by diego2015(m): 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
goldsmiths:
Anyone got Euro to sell?
how much do you need
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Imole247: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2018
TUNDEMI1:
For those that has been admitted and Enrolled at Hamburg University Of Applied Sciences, Germany HAW. There is a scholarship opportunity for you Check

https://myschool.ng/news/2019-international-scholarships-at-hamburg-university-of-applied-sciences-germany-48543

https://www.haw-hamburg.de/english/international-degree-students/tuition-fees-scholarships.html

My own school na Hafencity University Hamburg Msc Hydrography. I for don apply if na my school.

Hello please I am new to this thread.

Please I want to know if anyone in the house applied to Hamburg University of Applied Sciences. I applied around July and the application closed 30th of September.

According to the pdfs they sent... it was said that they would start sending addmission letters from Oct 9th and I haven't gotten the letter. 3weeks ago my addmission status on my portal was changed from received to valid.

I don't knw if I should be worried or what does the Valid mean during application process in Germany.
Pls has any1 gone tru the same process, thank you very much.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by thattallboi(m): 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
Jackto365:
Hey all, i need the opinion of an individual with experience on applying for visa with a sponsorship letter(Verpflichtungserklarung).How long did it take before u got the "AM"

Normal 4 weeks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Abu46: 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
My bro, use Coracle.de,,u'll get the both(travel and health insurance in 48hrs,the health insurance issued was accepted for enrolment,,and u really do not have to pay anything..the travel insurance is free,,,
Dutch2018:

@Berliner
Which insurance do you suggest that is generally accepted.
I want the one that can serve for embassy and enrollment.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by diego2015(m): 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
Abu46:
My bro, use Coracle.de,,u'll get the both(travel and health insurance in 48hrs,the health insurance issued was accepted for enrolment,,and u really do not have to pay anything..the travel insurance is free,,,
please do embassy accept their travel insurance?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Iheuyo: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hello Team,

Does anyone know the official website/email/phone number of Gottingen Alien Office.

My interview was 28 August(I have also funded the blocked account) I sent enquiry to embassy and was told the alien office hasn't responded.
I googled up Gottingen Alien Office and called some numbers there and was told they don't have my application.
I mailed embassy here again and was told same thing.

I am a bit confused and worried as to next steps.

But first I need to be sure the alien office I am speaking to is the correct one.

Any other suggestions how to proceed please?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
diego2015:
please do embassy accept their travel insurance?

Yes of cuz
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by luckyzeeto: 3:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
Please house, which health insurance someone above 30years can used in Germany, that can serve as travel health insurance and the one i will be use in Germany for enrollment also
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by luckyzeeto: 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
Abu46:

Which one can above 30years used?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
thattallboi:

Normal 4 weeks
did u apply with a Sponsorship letter

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Abu46: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
Its a travel insurance,,,
Abu46:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dhrogbar9: 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
Please, I am having issues filling the form on the website Where is the travel date? What I can see is semester start. Kindly reply. It's urgent.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dhrogbar9: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
[Please, I am having issues filling the form on the website Where is the travel date? What I can see is semester start. Kindly reply. It's urgent.quote author=Abu46 post=71990667]Its a travel insurance,,,[/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by thattallboi(m): 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2018
Jackto365:
did u apply with a Sponsorship letter

Yes i did

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.