Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586856 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Acisky(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
I had my interview on August 28th, Funded and sent blocking confirmation to the embassy 2 days later, yet to get AM from the embassy, mailed them since it was 4th week they replied me 6 days ago that they are yet to hear from the Alien office, then I tried to get hold of the alien office in Giesen for almost a week but they don’t speak English, to God be the glory I was able to get connected to their boss today and he said my financial document is missin , he gave me the alien office email, I sent it to him less than 30 minutes ago, he confirmed it and said they will verify the document and I should get intouch with him toward the end of next week I just hope they get this done before my enrollment deadline which is the 26th of this month, it’s been long waiting

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2018
thattallboi:

Normal 4 weeks

Embassy says 4-6 week..
It's not specific to be 4 weeks only
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by thattallboi(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2018
heybaby12:

Embassy says 4-6 week..
It's not specific to be 4 weeks only

He asked for individual experience..
I was been specific in my own case
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Calamari: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2018
Did you indicate in d visa application form the address of where you will stay in Gottigen? If you do, there is every possibility that your documents are forwarded to alien office close to the address and not to the city alien office of gottigen. Or they might send it to the town where your school is located. Most times they narrow it down to the town not only the city.

Shalom

Iheuyo:
Hello Team,

Does anyone know the official website/email/phone number of Gottingen Alien Office.

My interview was 28 August(I have also funded the blocked account) I sent enquiry to embassy and was told the alien office hasn't responded.
I googled up Gottingen Alien Office and called some numbers there and was told they don't have my application.
I mailed embassy here again and was told same thing.

I am a bit confused and worried as to next steps.

But first I need to be sure the alien office I am speaking to is the correct one.

Any other suggestions how to proceed please?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Berliner1: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
Dutch2018:

@Berliner
Which insurance do you suggest that is generally accepted.
I want the one that can serve for embassy and enrollment.

At the long run you are spending more...use naija insurance for embassy and German insurance when you are fully here.

Remember German insurance billing start from the date you use them at embassy...and this is in euro.

Do the maths..

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
thattallboi:

Ok. I hope i get mine soon... So which state are you studying
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
KingUCC:

I was interviewed 13th September and got AM 10th October just as you. I also have same condition of getting enrolment extension, but I totally understand the reason for my condition.
Congratulations.

But will they allow u travel without the proof of enrollment extension?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
sugaDaddy:
For those who have gotten admission letter, how many schools did you apply to? Every school has a different application date which makes it difficult/impossible to apply to more than one school.

Apply for as many as you can. I applied for 7 schools this summer already. One I spent 70k on.
The main aim is not to put all ur eggs in one basket.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Naby1: 6:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
Please for those that used mansard travel health insurance, did you submit the 8 pages of the document or just the first page having the travel insurance policy.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KingUCC: 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2018
Kenechill:

But will they allow u travel without the proof of enrollment extension?

I was asked to bring it alongside my Passport, so I have to get it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by diego2015(m): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2018
KingUCC:

I was interviewed 13th September and got AM 10th October just as you. I also have same condition of getting enrolment extension, but I totally understand the reason for my condition.
Congratulations.
bro what's the reason pls
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2018
thattallboi:

Oh ok!
Sorry about that
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
thattallboi:

Ok sorry about that
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
Naby1:
Please for those that used mansard travel health insurance, did you submit the 8 pages of the document or just the first page having the travel insurance policy.
The 8 pages
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Naby1: 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2018
heybaby12:

The 8 pages

Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by johndoefoo: 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2018
heybaby12:

The 8 pages

Ye! The 8 pages? I submitted only the first page.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 9:12pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hello all, Please I read page 1 of this Part 5 that I could Certify my Docs @ the High Court or German Embassy but a Family member insists that since I am based in Lagos then automatically it has to be certified @ the German Embassy! Please, I want to verify how true this information is? If its true, how much does this exercise cost? & is it all my Docs including motivation letter that I need to certify? & how do I go about booking for an Interview date for result certification/attestation @ the German Embassy before Application for a school? Master's is the intended programme while deadline for submission is 15th of next month for summer 2019 of the choice school. Prompt feedback would be very appreciated! Thanks...

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2018
chimax1:
I went to certify my docs at the consulate ystrday. I had the first encounter with oga paulinous. Got to the embassy by 7.30 for my 8.00 am appointment, the weather was terrible that morning so i counted myself lucky. Meet around 10 people on the queue all seatd abt 4 visa interview 2 reunion.he walked out a guy that came without his passport (like common dude your coming to an embassy)he called me after some time and asked fr appointment letter and and passpprt. i passed to him not knowing my uni admission application form was in it(pls if u dont have this one dont bother coming. he will walk you out like he did the pretty girl on black). When he now requested for it, i gently told him he was holding it already cos i knew his temprament..bros that one no stop am, e change am for me! did i ask for this one the first time? I just lock up! He scrutinished me then passed me in. he wants strict compliance to his rules.Even the married woman fr reunion was not spared
Sorry about your experience, it is well... Just saw your post now after asking a question, kindly assist me with details of how 2 book an appointment for certification of Docs & which Docs 2 go wit? Masters is d intended programme. Thank you....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahmed4002(m): 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2018
Finally the Journey. It's been God All the way.

Admission was closed in all my Target institutions.

But one way or the other I was given admission under EU window. Uniassit Fee waived Also

Applied for the admission September 10th.
Admission letter lands September 15th.
Applied for Visa same date and Got Appointment September 19th.

Got lodge to Sapper Lodge on the 18th September.
Left the sapper Lodge after my morning praying 5.55Am,

I was at the embassy Gate 6.15AM and the Oga was there.

And all my documents sorted and I was in 7.00am

And I met that amazing V.O, oh Wow scholarship she said. Congratulations

All Interview Question waived and even Visa Fee.
Spend less than 20min.

AM. Show 5th October, I did submit my Travel Health documents 8th october 2018,

Visa delivered by DHL. 11th October.

Thank You All

20 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KingyKing: 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
Ahmed4002:

But one way or the other I was given admission under EU window. Uniassit Fee waived Also

Spend less than 20min.

Thank You All

Congrats!
What date did you indicate as your travel date?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ajeleseujn(m): 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
Pegzzyg:
Hello all, Please I read page 1 of this Part 5 that I could Certify my Docs @ the High Court or German Embassy but a Family member insists that since I am based in Lagos then automatically it has to be certified @ the German Embassy! Please, I want to verify how true this information is? If its true, how much does this exercise cost? & is it all my Docs including motivation letter that I need to certify? & how do I go about booking for an Interview date for result certification/attestation @ the German Embassy before Application for a school? Master's is the intended programme while deadline for submission is 15th of next month for summer 2019 of the choice school. Prompt feedback would be very appreciated! Thanks...

Not necessarily at the embassy. Besides it takes longer days to get your documents certified at the embassy. All you need to do is to follow what the school ask for.
Of asked to certify, do that at a federal high court around you, and if you are being asked to notarized your documents, do that at a notary public.
You have to read carefully on the documents the school will ask you to certify but the common documents are
1. Your degree certificate
2. O levels
3. Transcript.
4. Letter of English proficiency (if asked)
5. Professional qualifications (if any)
Just check what the school needs.

All the best.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kevwemanuel: 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
heybaby12:
Congrats to all those that have gotten their AM, and for those expecting have faith it's coming....

For those just starting for next year be serious. I started June last year, got my transcript ready. Sat down and constructed a comprehensive list of the schools I wanted , application period, the documents and all. And I digested these thread(then in part 3 but I went back and started reading from page 2) And it paid off.
Have faith and keep the dream alive.
The best is yet to come
boss is your transcript the student copy? if not was it given to you directly or it was sent to the schools you applied to?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Palla: 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
Ahmed4002:

Spend less than 20min.

Thank You All
wow congratulations
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahmed4002(m): 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2018
KingyKing:

Congrats!
What date did you indicate as your travel date?

12-13th October
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by veleta: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2018
@Ahmed4002,congrats.Go to Deutschland and succeed.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
Thanks for a swift response. Sch said German Embassy or Notary Public bt also 2 Apply via Uni-assist. Can I submit all the Docs myself 2 Uni-assist or I have 2 request 4 my sch 2 send my transcript 2 Uni-assist? I need your feedback on this Please, thanks
ajeleseujn:

Not necessarily at the embassy. Besides it takes longer days to get your documents certified at the embassy. All you need to do is to follow what the school ask for.
Of asked to certify, do that at a federal high court around you, and if you are being asked to notarized your documents, do that at a notary public.
You have to read carefully on the documents the school will ask you to certify but the common documents are
1. Your degree certificate
2. O levels
3. Transcript.
4. Letter of English proficiency (if asked)
5. Professional qualifications (if any)
Just check what the school needs.

All the best.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KingUCC: 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
diego2015:
bro what's the reason pls
Embassy asked me to contact my sponsor to provide a new SL and they understand it can take sometime to get, so the extension is just in case I may have to travel after 5th November.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chimax1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2018
Pegzzyg:
Sorry about your experience, it is well... Just saw your post now after asking a question, kindly assist me with details of how 2 book an appointment for certification of Docs & which Docs 2 go wit? Masters is d intended programme. Thank you....
apppintment is booked online, student visa section. search my posts or some posts back. someone copied the link. they certify only uni docs nd language results. remember to attach each uni application form to each application set. good luck.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by waledora(f): 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2018
But the course I choose from Hamburg university of applied science (Pharmaceutical biotechnology) will start their application DEC 1st......

Imole247:

Hello please I am new to this thread.

Please I want to know if anyone in the house applied to Hamburg University of Applied Sciences. I applied around July and the application closed 30th of September.

According to the pdfs they sent... it was said that they would start sending addmission letters from Oct 9th and I haven't gotten the letter. 3weeks ago my addmission status on my portal was changed from received to valid.

I don't knw if I should be worried or what does the Valid mean during application process in Germany.
Pls has any1 gone tru the same process, thank you very much.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. I'll apply for a student copy of my transcript immediately
chimax1:
apppintment is booked online, student visa section. search my posts or some posts back. someone copied the link. they certify only uni docs nd language results. remember to attach each uni application form to each application set. good luck.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kevwemanuel: 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2018
hillshark:

Bros we are on the same boat, i did my Interview the same date, going for a bachelors engineering course at rhinewaal too, but my concern now is the enrollment date which is 15th of october. Please can you shed more Light on how she told you to go about extending your enrollment date. Because i already mailed them but they said its not possibile.
bro pls help me with these questions :
1)Can I use letter of proficiency from my school to apply for rhine waal?
2)can I use student copy of transcript?
3)Need I certify my documents before sending to rhinewaal?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kevwemanuel: 10:54pm On Oct 11, 2018
dreyman26:

Pm me
Bro please help me with these questions : 1)Does rhinewaal accept letter of proficiency from my Bsc institution? 2)was it student copy of transcript you used? 3)Were your documents certified copies? 4)Do you know if jobs are abundant in rhinewaal's location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53