Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588634 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by karferguso(m): 6:43am On Nov 02, 2018
For those who have used Uniassist in the past, is it possible that someone pay with Payoneer Euro fund?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ifemeji(f): 7:07am On Nov 02, 2018
Ifemejil:
thanks
please am new in the house, please am scared red seal was not on my verified photocopy documents and have posted it to my school where I am applying to. Hope am safe.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by misspetit(f): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2018
klexycole:

Good to learn that you are going for Bsc. I'm equally applying for Bsc too. I've made an extensive research and I've listed some schools to send applications to, come winter. It seems to me that we are going for the same course in Management.

However, there are several schools offering Bsc management courses completely in English. I will advise you apply to more schools to give you more chance of admission. On the other hand, most schools offering these courses open applications for winter.

Check these schools;

✓ University of Magdeburg
✓ Hoschule Bonn-Rien-Sieg
✓ University of Deggendorf
✓ University of Aachen
✓ FHWS Wurzburg ...and more

Note that all these universities accept English Proficiency Letter for the courses, but writing IELTS will be a plus.

A quick question to you. Do you have a previous degree in Management and looking to apply for another degree? Or you are applying with a 100L transcript? Kindly respond.

By the way, I'm looking towards winter. )

Thank you so much
I have pm you
Kindly respond
I have 100level transcript

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by klexycole(m): 7:52am On Nov 02, 2018
misspetit:

Thank you so much
I have pm you
Kindly respond
I have 100level transcript

Replied.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 7:58am On Nov 02, 2018
Ifemeji:
please am new in the house, please am scared red seal was not on my verified photocopy documents and have posted it to my school where I am applying to. Hope am safe.

There's a circle stamp. That covers for the red seal as well.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Koval12(m): 8:23am On Nov 02, 2018
IAmPhiL:
pls guys, a friend wants to apply for masters in any finance course, pls which schools can you recommend that does not require uni-assist
take your time and go through daad.de/de/. Everything you need, is right there. Regards
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2018
A lot here havd gotten admitted with just a stamped and signed certified copy from court..if u still v time and money u could resend if not be positive and hope for the best....what school?

Ifemeji:
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ihubay(f): 9:12am On Nov 02, 2018
Guten Morgan!

Please are there any current Ph.D. students here? I got a supervisor at Goethe University Frankfurt and met with her and my team in September (traveled on a tourist visa). Fortunately, after weeks of waiting, I got a Visa appointment date for 5th December 2018. Now the challenge is, I will not get my official admission letter from the university before my appointment as the Ph.D. committee has to meet first before sending out letters (This is just for formalities). Their next meeting is on the same day as my appointment (5th Dec) thus, the challenge.

My supervisor sent me a letter from the department stating she has accepted me and so has the HoD (He is also my 2nd supervisor) and we are just waiting for the committee's formalities. Does anyone think that the consulate will accept this as an admission letter? Any idea if I will be able to open a blocked account with this? Which of the banks is fastest to open a blocked account? Or should I just cancel my appointment?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ifemeji(f): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2018
Kenechill:

There's a circle stamp. That covers for the red seal as well.
OK thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ifemeji(f): 9:45am On Nov 02, 2018
[quote author=Fabcol post=72614593]A lot here havd gotten admitted with just a stamped and signed certified copy from court..if u still v time and money u could resend if not be positive and hope for the best....what school?

[/quote thank you, uni siegen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 11:52am On Nov 02, 2018
naijacentric:
Guys why is that fund transfers to even within germany takes time or is it because i am using xpatrio i am worried i need to send the confirmation asap to the embassy embarassed
Sorry it should show up today or monday.
There was holidays(Wednesday for some states and Thursday for the rest) it must have joined to the delay. Transfer here takes time sha.... still dont know why

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 11:54am On Nov 02, 2018
naijacentric:
thanks dey av been asking me funny questions like the last transfer dey are asking for name n address of the person who did the transfer imagine all bcus i told dem it was a third party dats transfering the funds of which his name was there but no address buthis reference number. Do u think dats the reason for the delay or i shouldnt bother replying right hope it wont disturb dem crediting my account?
Its in the contract you accepted while opening the account. Third party payment with xpatrio is like that.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by techgeek290: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2018
Anybody here who has completed Bsc in Nigeria and still going to Germany for another Bsc?.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by naijacentric(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2018
heybaby12:

Its in the contract you accepted while opening the account. Third party payment with xpatrio is like that.
They refunded the money the guy is now sending with an address maybe he is using a bank it was an online transaction he did dat caused this wahala if i had known xpatrio has dis protocol would av chilled to open fintiba. This delay would take two days again n my passport has been with the embassy for two weeks now it so annoying

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oluwanifemi34: 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
Please who knows more about leuphana university? I got admission there this year but I had to defer due to money! Please who’s in the school or also applied there ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oluwanifemi34: 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2018
I got admission to leuphana university but it’s not a free program! Is it possible I applied for another course in the school ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adriano09: 6:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hi Guys, I really need your HELP. I got to Berlin this morning. Thanks to God. However, finding accommodation here in Berlin is War. I'm still kind of stranded. Just found a hostel to lodge for the night at 16 Euroes!. I need your help. Anyone in berlin or knows someone who can get me a place i can rent, I would be very grateful. Guys, this is urgent.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chupe(m): 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2018
Finally, the long awaited AM av landed.
Interview - 21/09/2018
Funded - 28/09/2017
AM - 02/11/2018 (exactly 6 wks)
Deadline - 12/11/2018
Will submit my passport on Monday 05/11/2018... Don't know if I will meet up.
Thank God for d progress so far...
I also thank d house for their contributions...
May God grant all dose still waiting for dia AM theirs...

17 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Generous222(m): 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
Congrats! Wish you safe journey to Germany
chupe:
Interview - 21/09/2018
Funded - 28/09/2017
Deadline - 12/11/2018

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ifemeji(f): 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
chupe:
Interview - 21/09/2018
Funded - 28/09/2017
Deadline - 12/11/2018

Thank God, our expectations shall not be cut off in Jesus name
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by femo86(m): 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
chupe:
Interview - 21/09/2018
Funded - 28/09/2017
Deadline - 12/11/2018

Congrats Chupe..... Best of luck in Deutschland...Which city are you heading to Bro?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by showfm: 8:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hi Dankeschon/Nairalanders,

I had my interview today. I need to find out the following concerning the interview:

1. My original documents were retained at the embassy but my intl passport was released to me. Is that how it should be normally?
2. Though my german bank account opened with fintiba is yet to be funded but I noticed the slip given to me at the embassy has only deustche bank on it - can I go ahead and fund the account opened with fintiba?
3. how do I know the deadline for funding the account?

Many thanks as I await your response

Dankeschon:
Good evening everyone
I really thank God for everything.

Had my appointment/interview on 29th August, and after a long wait of over 8weeks, got my AM yesterday 29th October 2018.

The wait was not easy tho, buh still worth it.

I advise we should always be calm and patient. The guys at the Consulate are actually on their best, buh that shouldn't stop your reminders through emails, and calls. Most times the hold up is usually from your destination alien office, cos mine took almost a month for them to reply. I was able to get their office line to call them, I was then informed that the lady in charge of my file was on hols, I had to wait two weeks extra. She finally resumed, they were so kind to give me her desk-ext number, so I called her for three straight days without any response, she finally picked on the fourth day, and promised to treat my file.

I had to call again the next week, and she told me that one of her colleague who was meant to be part of taking a decision on my file was sick, buh she'll try and convince others so they can reach a decision before the end of that week (This Phone conversation was on 22nd Monday last week). I still didn't get the AM all week, so on Friday 26th, I sent an email to the Consulate, and called her, and she informed me that they had responded to the Embassy on Tuesday 23rd Oct.

Yesterday, my AM dropped.

I pray for those waiting; just be of good faith, and always be sincere.

Once again, thank God for everything.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by badmus306(m): 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2018
chupe:
Interview - 21/09/2018
Funded - 28/09/2017
Deadline - 12/11/2018

Congratulations chuperu
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chupe(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2018
femo86:
Congrats Chupe..... Best of luck in Deutschland...Which city are you heading to Bro?

Thanks all
I'm heading to Flensburg

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by amos4real(m): 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2018
harkheju:
The VPD is a certificate issued by uni-assist which you submit directly to the university when you apply there. Generally, you have to submit the VPD to the university before the application deadline expires.
NB: Not all universities use uni-assist for evaluation of documents.. Some prefer you submit directly to them..

On the link to page 1..u don't need it just simply scroll up and you will see numbers...click on 1..that's all.

Okay thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by techgeek290: 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2018
Are you going for Bsc or MSc?.
showfm:
Hi Dankeschon/Nairalanders,

I had my interview today. I need to find out the following concerning the interview:

1. My original documents were retained at the embassy but my intl passport was released to me. Is that how it should be normally?
2. Though my german bank account opened with fintiba is yet to be funded but I noticed the slip given to me at the embassy has only deustche bank on it - can I go ahead and fund the account opened with fintiba?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chupe(m): 6:34am On Nov 03, 2018
[quote author=showfm post=72632838]Hi Dankeschon/Nairalanders,

1. That's d procedure
2. I don't remember if noticed it but go ahead n fund ur fintiba.
3. No idea... Maybe dey will give u dia deadline when dey r ready.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ola9292(m): 6:59am On Nov 03, 2018
justwise:
Here is the part 5.

Part4 is here https://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?post=58760455&redirect=%2F3941544%2Fgeneral-german-student-visa-enquiries%2358760455

I really have to thank those who stayed back to help even after getting their visas and despite their busy study and work programs in Germany.

I also have to thank those who shared their experiences right from visa journey to life in Germany as foreign students.

For newbies your German school search starts here https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/en/

The following steps will help newbies (Thanks to CassieV for the tips)

Most of the schools in Germany are tuition free even for international students, you only get to pay a certain amount as semester fees say between 100-400 euros and most times the semester fee comes with a semester ticket to aid in transportation in your city or town.
However, before you're granted a student visa, you have to prove that you can take care of your living expenses with one of the following means ;
1. Block account: The estimated living expenses for a student in a month is 720euros, when you multiply that by 12 months, you get 8640euros. This is the amount you're required to block in an already opened account with either Deutsch bank, Fintiba or Xpatrio. It is called a block account because you will not be able to withdraw everything at once, only 720euros will be released to you every month.
2. Sponsorship letter: If you have a relative living and working legally in Germany, they can get you this letter. They'll have to visit the alien office in their city and will be required to provide some documents and pay a certain fee. The letter will be sent to you when they receive it so that you can go with it for your visa interview.
3. Scholarship: This is usually the best if you have the scholarship, your visa will be granted in under 2 weeks after interview. So try and look for scholarships you can apply to.

Now that you understand the financial situation, let's go into the application process.
To search for schools, click on this link
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/?p=l&q=&fos=0&lang[]=2&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list
filter your search to make it easier, there are English taught courses there.
Generally, the very important documents needed to apply to schools in Germany are;
1. Transcript
2. English Proficiency
3. School Certificates (Degree, Waec, etc)
However, depending on the school, some other documents needed are as follows.
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. Motivation letter
6. Reference letters
7. GRE test
8. Etcetera.. Visit your prospective school website and find out the documents they need from you.
Note: You don't apply with your original documents, you have to make photocopies of them and Certify them in High court or a Notary public. If you stay in Lagos, you can certify at the German Embassy too. You'll have to book appointment for that.
For those planning to go for a Bachelors course, you need a 100level transcript from a university to apply for a BSc program in germany. WAEC alone will not be enough and No, OND will not do, you need a HND.

For the application proper, it is always important to go through the website of the schools you want to apply to, you'll get a lot of information form there concerning how to apply. Some schools do only online applications, some requires that you send your application documents to them by post after applying online, some you send your documents as pdf to their email address and then you get the uni assist crew.
Like I said earlier, it is important to go visit and read the websites.

When you get your admission letter, open a block account immediately(that is if you don't already have a sponsorship letter) and as soon as you get your account details, send an email to the embassy requesting for a visa interview date.
You need these to get an interview date:
1. Admission letter
2. Block account/sponsorship letter/scholarship letter
3. International passport data page(scanned)
Then your Full name and Resident address.

Prepare for your interview
Go for your interview
Pls do I have to bear the same surname with the person or it doesn't matter?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jeschi101: 7:54am On Nov 03, 2018
chupe:
Interview - 21/09/2018
Funded - 28/09/2017
Deadline - 12/11/2018

Good day, congratulations on your Am. I have a few questions for you, on the day of your interview did you go with a hand written motivation or where you given materials and time to write it there?
And apart from the documents listed on their site is there any other documents I should bring along for the interview?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.