Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588104 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2018
You could certify it at a notary public or take your signed application form with other application document to the embassy and certify.. then send the waec and form to uniassist..its free there ....no way waec would certify your document

Certified copy by uniassist means photocopy of original certified by either notary public or the german embassy

lexdino:
Guys please help me out here. Uni-assist asked for a certified copy of my University Entrance Certificate to be mailed along with my signed application letter to their address in Germany.
Today, I went to WAEC office here in Benin city to get a certified copy of my WAEC certificate but the WAEC officials I met were telling me that WAEC doesn't certify copies of their issued certificates. They said waec can only send a transcript of my result directly to the university that I am applying to.

I am a bit confused now. I thought the meaning of the "certified copy" that uni-assist demands was a photocopy of my original WAEC certificate that has been verified by WAEC to be in synch with the original copy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sam8850: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hello house,

Please, who can help with the best times of the day to check for an appointment date for LONG TERM visa? I have been checking for over a week now but each time I don't find anything, I was told to check 3pm and 11pm but nothing has opened during these times and other times of the day I randomly check.

Please, someone who's good at this should kindly help me.

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutch2018: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
lexdino:
Guys please help me out here. Uni-assist asked for a certified copy of my University Entrance Certificate to be mailed along with my signed application letter to their address in Germany.
Today, I went to WAEC office here in Benin city to get a certified copy of my WAEC certificate but the WAEC officials I met were telling me that WAEC doesn't certify copies of their issued certificates. They said waec can only send a transcript of my result directly to the university that I am applying to.

I am a bit confused now. I thought the meaning of the "certified copy" that uni-assist demands was a photocopy of my original WAEC certificate that has been verified by WAEC to be in synch with the original copy

I don't know why we have refused to read.
Read from page 1 till date so that you learn the process.
It worth the effort.
If you refuse to read, you might end up with more mistakes.
My 1kobo advice sha.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ajeleseujn(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2018
lexdino:

grin bros, no use oyinbo kill yourself. Certify the photocopy of your waec result and send it to them. That's all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by zuperyh8: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hello house, please who is sending documents to uniassist this week? Please let's do it together to save some money. PM me.
Thanks!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by amahbrain(f): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
lexdino:

Like clapper said, it means you get your photocopy certified at a HighCourt or at the German Embassy (at no cost). Go with the originals and the photocopy.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by opeyeminas: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hello guys incase of rejection and an appeal is being made, who is going to re issue the visa. The alien office or the consulate??
Note: visa was rejected after Am and after sending passport nd insurance. Rejection was based on Enrollment deadline expired
Got another letter of extension and appealed d following day which is on 25the on Nov. Am still waiting for reply from them. Who is having experience with stuff like this that can shed more light. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutchkid: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
Elolam87:
Good evening, I am happy to finally locate this thread . I am new on this thread, I want to further my studies with masters degree in Veterinary medicine or animal science. Please how do I search for scholarships, and how do I search for the school.?. Please kindly put me through,abeg
Search through daad.de
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pazzyofficial: 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
ajeleseujn:

grin bros, no use oyinbo kill yourself. Certify the photocopy of your waec result and send it to them. That's all.
how does he certify it ? That’s his question
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Frankie16(m): 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
opeyeminas:
Hello guys incase of rejection and an appeal is being made, who is going to re issue the visa. The alien office or the consulate??
Note: visa was rejected after Am and after sending passport nd insurance. Rejection was based on Enrollment deadline expired
Got another letter of extension and appealed d following day which is on 25the on Nov. Am still waiting for reply from them. Who is having experience with stuff like this that can shed more light. Thanks

Have you been enrolled?
Which university?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ajeleseujn(m): 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
Pazzyofficial:
how does he certify it ? That’s his question

Haba, I just did now. Certify it at a federal high court or a notary public, simple.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
Though It took more than a year later. ; We are finally here grin grin grin
Never give up!! wink

Pitapromiz na Siegen cool

20 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by techgeek290: 7:33am On Nov 06, 2018
Please who knows how to open fintiba account?.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by naijacentric(m): 8:09am On Nov 06, 2018
Pls is dere anyone here or u know who migrated successfully from germany to canada
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chupe(m): 8:47am On Nov 06, 2018
techgeek290:
Please who knows how to open fintiba account?.
www.fintiba.com
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by valenti12(m): 10:15am On Nov 06, 2018
Harryokoli:
Please if you're applying for a second bachelor's in Germany, I would want to know the best answer to give to the VO when asked about your reasons for applying for a second bachelor's Program instead of a masters program
@Harryokoli
I am currently planning for a second Bachelor's degree in Germany. How did you deal with the interview question
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ogoonna: 10:41am On Nov 06, 2018
opeyeminas:

Bro abeg make i pm you??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lexdino: 11:36am On Nov 06, 2018
clapper04:
I think it has to be certified in a high court or German embassy.

Fabcol:
You could certify it at a notary public or take your signed application form with other application document to the embassy and certify.. then send the waec and form to uniassist..its free there ....no way waec would certify your document

Certified copy by uniassist means photocopy of original certified by either notary public or the german embassy

Dutch2018:

I don't know why we have refused to read.
Read from page 1 till date so that you learn the process.
It worth the effort.
If you refuse to read, you might end up with more mistakes.
My 1kobo advice sha.

ajeleseujn:

amahbrain:

Like clapper said, it means you get your photocopy certified at a HighCourt or at the German Embassy (at no cost). Go with the originals and the photocopy.

Thanks for the response guys, I went to the Federal High Court here in Benin city today but the lady I met told me that the Federal High Court doesn't certify WAEC result copies anymore. She referred me to the State High Court.

Also, I just found out that the date of birth written on my WAEC certificate is incorrect.
I have read stories of people that have gotten admission to German universities in the past having to swear an affidavit to correct the wrong date of birth on their WAEC Certificate during their visa appointment at the German embassy here in Nigeria. But since I am still in the process of applying to different universities through the Uni-Assist portal, my question now is;
If I apply to the universities on the Uni-Assist portal using my original date of birth (Since my original date of birth is what appears on my passport and birth certificate), and I mail the certified copy of my WAEC certificate that carries the wrong date of birth to Uni-Assist, along with the signed application form that carries my original date of birth, will the conflicting date of births affect my admission to the universities that I am applying to?
Or do I have to add some sort of explanation to the postal mail stating why the date of births on my WAEC certificate differs from the one on my application form?
Please I need helpful advice on how to go about it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
guys, please can someone help me with info on the kind of drivers license that is acceptable in Deutschland.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by clapper04: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
[quote author=lexdino post=72728374]

IMO you have to get a sworn affidavit explaining the mistake in your WAEC certificate and attach it to the certified WAEC copy to be sent to uniassist. Let's hear from the gurus tho.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by decide: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good Morning Fam,

Please I am applying for Master's in Applied Computer Science Deggendorf, institute of Technology but I am finding it difficult on the following modules:

1. The start of Studies only shows WinterSemester 18/19 but I am applying for Summer

2. The Applied Computer Science is not in drop down of Course of study.

Again, is it advisable to notarize different document in different notary public?

kindly assist me, if you have any information on that. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bujebudanu1(m): 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
Chriswazo:

You are mad

angry

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mrsholes: 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
Please house is it possible to apply to a german school with just O level result , no transcript from the university for bsc course.Again is it possible only with a german language test result .
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Generous222(m): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
I sent them a mail.. I also wanted to apply for Msc computer science.. They replied saying application period begins on Nov 15 - Dec 15.. So chill and wait for them smiley
decide:
Good Morning Fam,

Please I am applying for Master's in Applied Computer Science Deggendorf, institute of Technology but I am finding it difficult on the following modules:

1. The start of Studies only shows WinterSemester 18/19 but I am applying for Summer

2. The Applied Computer Science is not in drop down of Course of study.

Again, is it advisable to notarize different document in different notary public?

kindly assist me, if you have any information on that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by decide: 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2018
Generous222:
I sent them a mail.. I also wanted to apply for Msc computer science.. They replied saying application period begins on Nov 15 - Dec 15.. So chill and wait for them smiley

Thanks for the information
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lexdino: 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
lexdino:

...Also, I just found out that the date of birth written on my WAEC certificate is incorrect.
I have read stories of people that have gotten admission to German universities in the past having to swear an affidavit to correct the wrong date of birth on their WAEC Certificate during their visa appointment at the German embassy here in Nigeria. But since I am still in the process of applying to different universities through the Uni-Assist portal, my question now is;
If I apply to the universities on the Uni-Assist portal using my original date of birth (Since my original date of birth is what appears on my passport and birth certificate), and I mail the certified copy of my WAEC certificate that carries the wrong date of birth to Uni-Assist, along with the signed application form that carries my original date of birth, will the conflicting date of births affect my admission to the universities that I am applying to?
Or do I have to add some sort of explanation to the postal mail stating why the date of births on my WAEC certificate differs from the one on my application form?
Please I need helpful advice on how to go about it.
Please I need help on this issue
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
mrsholes:
Please house is it possible to apply to a german school with just O level result , no transcript from the university for bsc course.Again is it possible only with a german language test result .

Yes, Studienkolleg. It depends on your German level

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.