Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (587902 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2018
lovable85:

to a uni, but is that possible to combine documents, cos i dont think it is posible

Same school is also possible.
I and my friend did that...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
manneger2:
Pls someone that have experience about this should reply me, Must my sponsor be related to me, Can a good friend of mine living in Germany with Resident status be my sponsor for Germany student Visa.

Yes!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ayokunlemmy: 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2018
I think you need to go back there and inform them you need a red seal on it, they might charge you again. I hope this help
mavrom8:

I did mine in abeokuta and it didn't gave anything of such... Just a stamp... Like the normal office stamp
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by manneger2: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
pompido:

Yes!!!
Thanks for your reply.
I will start my application very soon but as am in dubai pls can I be able to apply for my student visa in dubai as am a dubai residents pls, I will like to know if this is possible from an experienced person here
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2018
heybaby12:

Same school is also possible.
I and my friend did that...

Thank you for your contribution on this forum.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Instructor001(m): 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
Wao, being a while here.

Greetings from JMU, Wuerzburg

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by anthochie: 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
Rumuodara:
OK thanks... Last question. Same site for MSC and bsc?

Yes...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
My testimony

Visa interview 24th October 2018
Am 20th November 2018
Visum 30th November 2018.on

Thank you Jesus.
Thank you nairaland.

17 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 5:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
Tvaddict:
Hello, I was given acceptance letter to study international mgt and economics at the university of paderborn. But the letter i got was a transition enrollment as Student in the bacheiors program "Business Administration and Eccncmics". Which simply mean't i needed 10 credits(Thesis) from the undergraduate module to begin my Msc Programme.

I mailed them back and said i had my thesis done already but they replied saying i have to bring it germany along so they could check it and decide if i'll be giving a masters admission automatically.

Now, i'll love to ask if i presented this letter to the embassy, will visa be granted?

i look forward to your responses, Thank you

Congratulations on your admission!

Since you have already been admitted and enrolled in the Bachelor's program, you do not have to give that information at the embassy because it's between you and your school.

My advice is to come up with a very convincing answer to give the visa officer when He/She asks you why you're going for another Bachelor's program.

The visa you get from Nigeria is just to bring you to Germany. When you finally get here, your school will decide if you'll be enrolled in the Bachelors or Masters program. After seeing your thesis, I expect them to either enroll you into the Master's program immediately or just add more to the ECTS points you need in order to complete your master's program. (so do not be afraid about that, what's happening to you is very normal)

So when you're completely settled in and you decide to apply for your residence permit, THAT IS WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE SURE IF YOU'RE DOING A BACHELOR OR MASTERS PROGRAM BECAUSE IT WOULD DETERMINE THE NUMBER OF YEARS YOU'LL BE GIVEN ON YOUR RESIDENCE CARD

In order words, being admitted, funding your account/finding a sponsor, preparing for your interview and finally getting a visa should be the most important thing to you at the moment! The rest you will do when you get here

This is my one kobo and I hope it helps!

All the best!

P.S Another advice: when you finally get your visa, ensure you bring your signed project handbook along with you to Germany. Better still, in case you're really disturbed about it, scan your entire project handbook (make sure the signature and stamp on it are clear and visible!) and send to your course coordinator.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Hadampson(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
evsonlive:
My testimony

Am 20th November 2018

Thank you Jesus.
Thank you nairaland.

Congratulations bro. Wish you success in Deutschland

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Tvaddict: 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thank you very much for the detailed response. sorry, i wanted to ask again if taking the documents why by they explained it as a transition bachelors programme could help if i take it along to the embassy?
Adeomam:

Congratulations on your admission!

Since you have already been admitted and enrolled in the Bachelor's program, you do not have to give that information at the embassy because it's between you and your school.

My advice is to come up with a very convincing answer to give the visa officer when He/She asks you why you're going for another Bachelor's program.

The visa you get from Nigeria is just to bring you to Germany. When you finally get here, your school will decide if you'll be enrolled in the Bachelors or Masters program. After seeing your thesis, I expect them to either enroll you into the Master's program immediately or just add more to the ECTS points you need in order to complete your master's program. (so do not be afraid about that, what's happening to you is very normal)

So when you're completely settled in and you decide to apply for your residence permit, THAT IS WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE SURE IF YOU'RE DOING A BACHELOR OR MASTERS PROGRAM BECAUSE IT WOULD DETERMINE THE NUMBER OF YEARS YOU'LL BE GIVEN ON YOUR RESIDENCE CARD

In order words, being admitted, funding your account/finding a sponsor, preparing for your interview and finally getting a visa should be the most important thing to you at the moment! The rest you will do when you get here

This is my one kobo and I hope it helps!

All the best!

P.S Another advice: when you finally get your visa, ensure you bring your signed project handbook along with you to Germany. Better still, in case you're really disturbed about it, scan your entire project handbook (make sure the signature and stamp on it are clear and visible!) and send to your course coordinator.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
Instructor001:
Wao, being a while here.

Greetings from JMU, Wuerzburg
I applied there o. Please what are you studying
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
evsonlive:
My testimony

Am 20th November 2018

Thank you Jesus.
Thank you nairaland.

Wow. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutch2018: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
evsonlive:
My testimony

Am 20th November 2018

Thank you Jesus.
Thank you nairaland.

Congrats
Winter or summer?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
Dutch2018:

Congrats
Winter or summer?
winter
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mavrom8: 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
waledora:
Pls I wanna send my application to uniassist.... Can I pm you mbok

i am not sending yet... but you can pm...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mavrom8: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
ayokunlemmy:
I think you need to go back there and inform them you need a red seal on it, they might charge you again. I hope this help

ok. thanks..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by waledora(f): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
I would be sending mine by Wednesday or Thursday..... Pls reply my pm

mavrom8:

i am not sending yet... but you can pm...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
beatmonster:

Thank you for your contribution on this forum.

pls I have wrong dob on my waec cert. I am going for Masters.

instead of 1992, they wrote 1990. how do I go about this?
Mine had wrong date,month and year. I only added a sworn affidavit.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hi,

thanks for the detailed explanation apologies for the late reply, I'm still trying to get a hang of the site. So if I understand you, the request for document certification is from the university to which the student applies, the embassy doesn't necessarily need those, it only carries out the act. Please advice, thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hi,

thanks for the detailed explanation apologies for the late reply, I'm still trying to get a hang of the site. So if I understand you, the request for document certification is from the university to which the student applies, the embassy doesn't necessarily need those, it only carries out the act. Please advice, thanks.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Fabcol:

The letter of motivation for university application can be typed but the one for visa application should b handwritten

For documents certification: make photocopies of all the documents you would be sending by post and take this photocopies along side the originals to either a court, a notary public or the embassy for certification

N/b: you would be certifying the photocopies not the original
N/b: if you choose to go to a notary public or high court, ensure they include a seal
N/b: certification at the embassy is free but at a notary public or court you would pay a fee

For embassy certification; you will need book an appointment, then also go with the photocopies and originals with also the [/b]university application form[b] . https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/service/verification-of-nigerian-documents/1015552 for detailed information about certifying at the embassy..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
The certification of your document is meant for university application. some schools request you forward your document(degree certificate, transcript, WAEC certificate, etc) by post after applying online and since you can't send your original documents, you send certified photocopies... And the certification of these photocopies can be done at the embassy, a notary public or high court..... I hope this is clearer..

Mystique20:

Hi,

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lburna: 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
I have been trying to book an appointment for interview at the Embassy but I can't seem to get one. I have even sent a mail to the consulate but they said I should do it on the website.

Please who knows what's going on and how I can resolve this?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by gaetano: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hey guys, I wanna know. My CGPA is 3.85 from a 5point scale, is it strong enough in the German scale?

Or do you guys think its low. I've been following previous threads and noticed most people here that gained admission had above 4.0 cgpa.
I'm curious undecided
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
Over strong dey worry your cgpa lol...a lot of people with far lower cgpa than yours are getting admission...

gaetano:
Hey guys, I wanna know. My CGPA is 3.85 from a 5point scale, is it strong enough in the German scale?

Or do you guys think its low. I've been following previous threads and noticed most people here that gained admission had above 4.0 cgpa.
I'm curious undecided

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Instructor001(m): 12:17am On Dec 01, 2018
gaetano:

I'm curious undecided

You are good to go... Nice GPA. No shaking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Instructor001(m): 12:19am On Dec 01, 2018
Kenechill:

I applied there o. Please what are you studying

Remote sensing and GIS..... Positive decision awaits you by Jah's grace.....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by janettee(f): 3:42am On Dec 01, 2018
If you are coming to Frankfurt, please try to learn the lanaguage. That's all I have to say smiley..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2018
It sure is now, thanks a bunch.

Fabcol:
The certification of your document is meant for university application. some schools request you forward your document(degree certificate, transcript, WAEC certificate, etc) by post after applying online and since you can't send your original documents, you send certified photocopies... And the certification of these photocopies can be done at the embassy, a notary public or high court..... I hope this is clearer..

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2018
heybaby12:

Mine had wrong date,month and year. I only added a sworn affidavit.

Thank you for your reply
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ubsilas(m): 7:26am On Dec 01, 2018
Hello guys!
Its been a while, i am sorry i arrived Germany a bit late due to Visa delay so i was caught up with classes.
Keep up the good work guys

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.