Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (589742 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by modupejay: 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2018
StarBoy54:
Hello house! I'm facing a serious dilemma on my visa application. I'm confused on whether to withdraw my application or just let the Almighty take charge.

I went for my winter visa interview on the 5th of Nov(i was lucky to get a date). On getting there, the VO asked me to submit an extension letter. I told her i'll liase with my program coordinator to issue me one. Unfortunately, i was not able to get one from my school(Trier University, Birkenfeld).

On the 26th of Nov, the embassy sent me a mail to send my extension letter before the 6th of Dec. Since i was not able to get the letter..i was adviced to reply the embassy if it is possible for me to use my winter interview for the coming summer session as i'll be providing a new admission letter in due course or i withdraw my application.

The embassy responded to my mail by saying it is adviced i withdraw my application. The question now is should i withdraw the application or just hope i'll be granted the visa without the extension letter.

*i urgently need your advice ASAP*

I doubt you can get granted the visa without the extension letter. I think where you made the mistake was asking the embassy to advice you between the two. You should have just told them you are hoping its possible for your visa to be used during the summer as you will be providing an admission letter then. This would have helped you to know their stance on such. Now they only adviced you....on the more religious side though, nothing is impossible for God. So you can choose to believe.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ayokunlemmy: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
You don't need almighty response anymore, you've gotten all from their (embassy) reply! i understand how painful this could be but its jest a stepping stone for a greater testimonies.
StarBoy54:
Hello house! I'm facing a serious dilemma on my visa application. I'm confused on whether to withdraw my application or just let the Almighty take charge.

I went for my winter visa interview on the 5th of Nov(i was lucky to get a date). On getting there, the VO asked me to submit an extension letter. I told her i'll liase with my program coordinator to issue me one. Unfortunately, i was not able to get one from my school(Trier University, Birkenfeld).

On the 26th of Nov, the embassy sent me a mail to send my extension letter before the 6th of Dec. Since i was not able to get the letter..i was adviced to reply the embassy if it is possible for me to use my winter interview for the coming summer session as i'll be providing a new admission letter in due course or i withdraw my application.

The embassy responded to my mail by saying it is adviced i withdraw my application. The question now is should i withdraw the application or just hope i'll be granted the visa without the extension letter.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by modupejay: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
Chizzy4God:
Bros the same thing happen to me right now. If you base in Lagos, I will advice you to print it out and take to embassy.when you reach they,meet those police men at the entrance explain it to them so that they will show it to Mr Paulinus to confirm it. Those police men that work will Mr Paulinus they are cooperating. So that you will no your stand. So that u will not went on to book for another date.

Second option is this, kindly send a mail to Germany embassy stating the situation. Make sure u attach the email that you said they send to you. I no that they will reply you quick on that.

Your bless

Thanks a lot. I just sent them another mail explaining the issue. They sent me the english version confirming my visa appointment date. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by decide: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2018
graceene:
please I need someone who works in company that can receive my transcript for me. if u r also applying for bsc winter semester let hookup. mathewgrace5798@gmail.com

Pm me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
dawtune:

Simply tell your VO that you'll come back to Nigeria after your studies to bring to bear what you've learnt in Germany to Nigeria. You can relate your course to it and how it benefits Nigeria. Never make that mistake of telling your Vo that you intend to stay back or go over to another country, that is a big red flag.

I don't agree with you

I told my VO that I intend to get work experience after studying and I also added that i'm planning to come back and I got my visa. it's not bad if you say you intend to work after studying. Trust me, that is not what will determine if you'll be given a visa or not

Alles Gute!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by calinto(m): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
Kenthumphz:

Well, the only regret I see here is the food. Do I blame him. Me too, been the bush man wey I be, I have prepared for that. After all, can't a brother fast in peace again.... lol.

But as for the experience of the flight, my brother leave am, it's way better than Ethiopian. By the way, cost wise, Ethiopian Airways and Air Maroc cost more for August. They are only cheap during September.

Finally, the determinant of which flight to go with is always the cost first, duration of trip. Experience is the last. As for me, Emirates ticks all for me for late August.

please, I just want to know, does student visa require round trip or one way
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Generous222(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
Good day FAM,
I want to knw if i have to print a colored admission letter then make two photocopies for the visa interview or i can just print two copies in black and white.. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ayokunlemmy: 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
one way
calinto:
please, I just want to know, does student visa require round trip or one way
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Glorious0: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
Please, assist a sister o, help me here Please, thinking of applying for winter session. Thanks
Glorious0:
Hello everyone,

Please, was just directed by a Friend to join Nairaland student forum.

I need assistance on 2 affordable schools I could apply for a masters degree. Please, help with names, i'll google and read up about them from your suggestions Please..........

I'll also appreciate if I can get names of schools that does not require application fee payment.

I hope to secure a scholarship in the long run as I have good B.Sc result (Business Administration background) and plan on taking a language proficiency test. Kindly point me in the direction of schools I can be lucky with or if your school is currently doing a scholarship programme, Please attention me: I'll take it up from there and do my application.

I await your feedback. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Generous222(m): 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
Glorious0:
Please, assist a sister o, help me here Please, thinking of applying for winter session. Thanks
you can search through daad.de . you can search using your course of choice, language, winter or summer, tuition or tuition free.. Just browse the site you would surely get what you want... Take your time to check the schools individually for their requirements

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
Guess we are in same shoe. I did 5 Nov hala at me lets talk
StarBoy54:

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
You can use student copy of your transcript..

graceene:
please I need someone who works in company that can receive my transcript for me. if u r also applying for bsc winter semester let hookup. mathewgrace5798@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by schwenin: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello house please I need your answer.i attended interview on 20th of September but was rejected. I appealed on 22nd of october then on 26th of November the embassy told me to provide a proof of the date I will start studies from my school before 10th of December, I contacted my school they said they can only send me a new enrolment certificate dated 27th of November. They sent it and I forwarded it to embassy the following day.i enrolled on 3rd of September and submitted the enrolment certificate with the visa application.the enrolment certificate bears this date.Please I want to know if the embassy will accept the new enrolment certificate in place of the proof of date I wll start studies.Please I need your answers
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 7:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
graceene:

Pm me if you still need this

Lagos mainland

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2018
schwenin:
Hello house please I need your answer.i attended interview on 20th of September but was rejected. I appealed on 22nd of october then on 26th of November the embassy told me to provide a proof of the date I will start studies from my school before 10th of December, I contacted my school they said they can only send me a new enrolment certificate dated 27th of November. They sent it and I forwarded it to embassy the following day.i enrolled on 3rd of September and submitted the enrolment certificate with the visa application.the enrolment certificate bears this date.Please I want to know if the embassy will accept the new enrolment certificate in place of the proof of date I wll start studies.Please I need your answers

Why were you rejected in the first place
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by schwenin: 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2018
They doubt my indicated purpose of trip
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by calinto(m): 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2018
[quote author=Abbykedamz post=69473135][/quote]
Please pertaining to the student visa application documents, can I use my old expired international passport as an "old biometrical ID"
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Standid: 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello all. Please whats the working days and hours of the german embassy? URGENT!!!!!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Troy365: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello Everyone, I,ve been a silent reader and i must commend the good work you all are doing to assist new comers like us. Please oh i've a problem now and would like help from anyone who just concluded his/her interview.

1) After successfully booking my interview, i only received one mail in German Language confirming my date and time, How ever @modupejay just set me on panic mood by saying he still had to email the embassy to give him the English version. (Pls oh is it normal to receive only one mail in german confirming ur interview? or do i have to email the embassy?)

2) I'm going for MSC, so would my uni. transcript be needed on interview date ?

3) Lastly, when i was reading through part 4. i noticed some pple talking about having a written (Q and A) section before Biometics and then Oral interview proper . Pls is this the Norm, or is everything Oral ?

Your kind reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Glorious0:

There are so many schools offering business administration as a course. go to www.daad.de. you'll see them there. And the scholarship is also through daad so you really do not have a choice but to go back to daad

Alles Gute
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by waledora(f): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
Pls who applied to FAU Erlangen should indicate pls.....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
Troy365:
Hello Everyone, I,ve been a silent reader and i must commend the good work you all are doing to assist new comers like us. Please oh i've a problem now and would like help from anyone who just concluded his/her interview.

1) After successfully booking my interview, i only received one mail in German Language confirming my date and time, How ever @modupejay just set me on panic mood by saying he still had to email the embassy to give him the English version. (Pls oh is it normal to receive only one mail in german confirming ur interview? or do i have to email the embassy?)

2) I'm going for MSC, so would my uni. transcript be needed on interview date ?

3) Lastly, when i was reading through part 4. i noticed some pple talking about having a written (Q and A) section before Biometics and then Oral interview proper . Pls is this the Norm, or is everything Oral ?

Your kind reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

1. Whether English or German, all na same. Just translate the appointment mail to English as read it to be sure it's your appointment mail. As long as it contains information about your appointment, you're good to go! it doesn't matter if it's English or German.

2. Your proof of studies is just your BSC Waec/Neco and primary certificate. Honestly, you do not need your transcript but if you want to be extra, you can add it

3. Well, it depends on the VO who interviews you. The VO on dreads is known for giving a maths test to those who are going for Bachelors degree and she is also known to be strict during the interview. while the VO who is a guy and on a punk hairstyle is known to be very cool.

Some people had it tough while some had it cool. In the end, most people in part 4 got their visas. Just prepare very well and also pray hard for favor

Alles Gute!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2018
Standid:
Hello all. Please whats the working days and hours of the german embassy? URGENT!!!!!!!

According to Mr. Paulinus (Security officer at the gate), He resumes by 8 am and closes by 1:30 pm. So if you have any business at the embassy (Certification or visa) I'll advise you to go as early as possible
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Frankie16(m): 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
StarBoy54:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Merleeklarry(m): 11:01pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello house, I went to an agent to help me apply for Germany admission, he told me he has applied after some days I got a call from German number telling me I applied to their school, the second day the number called me again and told me to pay for admission offer which was 50euro, I called the agent, so I gave him the money and he told me and show the the document that he has paid the money. What really happen is that do Germany school call student offering admission to their school....the school name is university of applied science
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bujebudanu1(m): 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2018
Merleeklarry:
Hello house, I went to an agent to help me apply for Germany admission, he told me he has applied after some days I got a call from German number telling me I applied to their school, the second day the number called me again and told me to pay for admission offer which was 50euro, I called the agent, so I gave him the money and he told me and show the the document that he has paid the money. What really happen is that do Germany school call student offering admission to their school....the school name is university of applied science

University of applied science ? Where?
Check the school if there's something like admission fee
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bamstar007: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
waledora:
Pls who applied to FAU Erlangen should indicate pls.....
I did apply online but I have not sent my documents
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Voltron05(m): 12:19am On Dec 11, 2018
Merleeklarry:

Sounds like a Scam. What university of applied science? In which city in Germany? Plus they do not offer admission by call. Stop using agents. You can do these things yourself.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzy4God: 12:43am On Dec 11, 2018
Same drama happen when i book too yesday. I was hoping that I maybe lucky like you. But I didn't see any message in my email. Trying to book another one,but is not easy ooo. Your really lucky.

[quote auwthor=modupejay post=73722404]

Thanks a lot. I just sent them another mail explaining the issue. They sent me the english version confirming my visa appointment date. Thank you[/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dawtune(m): 1:46am On Dec 11, 2018
StarBoy54:

I advice you withdraw your application and re-apply for summer. The consulate may not grant you the visa if extension letter is not provided.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 1:51am On Dec 11, 2018
Merleeklarry:

You do not need an agent to help you get admission, it's something you can do by yourself. The only problem is that people are not ready to work hard and make sacrifices to spend time searching for schools that's why they end up in the hands of scammers. if you can't make sacrifices to help yourself while you're in Naija how do you want to survive in Germany? Studying here alone minus working sef is not beans at all!

First of all, I personally do not think that German schools have the patience, time and luxury to call up international students one by one just to inform them that they have been admitted! Most of them contact their students by email. That's where you get a soft copy of your admission letter, did you even get an admission letter? if you did kindly post it for us to see so that we can confirm if it's really a scam or not!
Later on, you might get your original admission letter if your school sends it by post

and normally you're not told to pay for ''admission offer'' instead you're asked to pay an enrollment fee which can be either paid into the school's account (the details of the account will be in your admission letter) and that is if you're given a deadline to pay or you pay after you get to Germany in order to complete your registration (that is if there's no deadline for payment)

Finally, there's so such thing as just ''University of applied science'' you need to find out which one?

But then, my advice is you better sit down, and start researching yourself. Make www.daad.de your best friend. I'm not promising that it'll be easy but it's worth it at the end! Remember that nothing good comes easy. If you want to come to Germany, you must be ready to work hard and you start that hard work in Nigeria!

Every information you will ever need is on this thread if you cannot read part 4 at least start from part 5. Most of the guys here are either looking for an admission or looking for visa appointment or looking for their blocked money. In other words, everybody here is in different stages of their applications and they're the best people to help you! they have been sharing ALL THE INFORMATION they have in regards to applying to German schools and guess what? IT'S FREE!!! so why go to an agent

My final advice is DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM!

Alles Gute!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dawtune(m): 1:58am On Dec 11, 2018
Adeomam:

I don't agree with you

I told my VO that I intend to get work experience after studying and I also added that i'm planning to come back and I got my visa. it's not bad if you say you intend to work after studying. Trust me, that is not what will determine if you'll be given a visa or not

Alles Gute!

Well, different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.