Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588168 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by modupejay: 7:47am On Dec 11, 2018
Chizzy4God:
Same drama happen when i book too yesday. I was hoping that I maybe lucky like you. But I didn't see any message in my email. Trying to book another one,but is not easy ooo. Your really lucky.

Sorry bro. From my experience too, I think its better if you use a laptop to book it. Such errors won't occur on a laptop browser. Hope you get a date as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by modupejay: 7:50am On Dec 11, 2018
Merleeklarry:
Hello house, I went to an agent to help me apply for Germany admission, he told me he has applied after some days I got a call from German number telling me I applied to their school, the second day the number called me again and told me to pay for admission offer which was 50euro, I called the agent, so I gave him the money and he told me and show the the document that he has paid the money. What really happen is that do Germany school call student offering admission to their school....the school name is university of applied science

If it is University of applied Science Berlin, na scam o. They don't make phone calls and you don't pay any 50 euros and application has ended since September 30 while admission was given early November.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 7:56am On Dec 11, 2018
Ishaq96:
Any agent here who does Germany admission?
But why is it that we don't like doing things ourselves.
The eariler you learn it the better for you and the joy that comes from seeing each stage you acomplish is great.It's worse when you cross over.

My little advice

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 8:01am On Dec 11, 2018
StarBoy54:
Hello house! I'm facing a serious dilemma on my visa application. I'm confused on whether to withdraw my application or just let the Almighty take charge.

I went for my winter visa interview on the 5th of Nov(i was lucky to get a date). On getting there, the VO asked me to submit an extension letter. I told her i'll liase with my program coordinator to issue me one. Unfortunately, i was not able to get one from my school(Trier University, Birkenfeld).

On the 26th of Nov, the embassy sent me a mail to send my extension letter before the 6th of Dec. Since i was not able to get the letter..i was adviced to reply the embassy if it is possible for me to use my winter interview for the coming summer session as i'll be providing a new admission letter in due course or i withdraw my application.

The embassy responded to my mail by saying it is adviced i withdraw my application. The question now is should i withdraw the application or just hope i'll be granted the visa without the extension letter.

*i urgently need your advice ASAP*
Withdraw so you don't get a rejection.
Someone I know waited too long after being asked the withdraw. Next thing was rejection.
Since your summer letter is not ready,just withdraw. It changes nothing

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 8:03am On Dec 11, 2018
calinto:
please, I just want to know, does student visa require round trip or one way
One way

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 8:04am On Dec 11, 2018
Glorious0:
Hello everyone,

Please, was just directed by a Friend to join Nairaland student forum.

I need assistance on 2 affordable schools I could apply for a masters degree. Please, help with names, i'll google and read up about them from your suggestions Please..........

I'll also appreciate if I can get names of schools that does not require application fee payment.

I hope to secure a scholarship in the long run as I have good B.Sc result (Business Administration background) and plan on taking a language proficiency test. Kindly point me in the direction of schools I can be lucky with or if your school is currently doing a scholarship programme, Please attention me: I'll take it up from there and do my application.

I await your feedback. Thanks
Daad.de
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ganasy: 8:37am On Dec 11, 2018
Appointments available now. Quick quick
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2018
Appointment no longer available. Dis tin is something else.....
ganasy:
Appointments available now. Quick quick
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Voltron05(m): 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please what is the process of student visa appointment at the German embassy? What happens during the day of the appointment? And when is the visa interview done??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Glorious0: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
Thanks, would do just that
Adeomam:

There are so many schools offering business administration as a course. go to www.daad.de. you'll see them there. And the scholarship is also through daad so you really do not have a choice but to go back to daad

Alles Gute
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Glorious0: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2018
Thanks,
I appreciate. Please, does that means that all schools in Germany requires application fee then?
Generous222:
you can search through daad.de . you can search using your course of choice, language, winter or summer, tuition or tuition free.. Just browse the site you would surely get what you want... Take your time to check the schools individually for their requirements
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
Anyone sending his or her certified documents to uni-assist via DHL, FedEx or UPS?..please quote me or pm , so we can share d cost.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fluxyn(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2018
Good day people. Please what’s the financial requirements to bring a spouse on family reunion.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by clapper04: 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please who is applying/has applied to FAU-Erlangen?, when they say supporting documents, do they mean documents you have to send alongside the application form printed out or the documents one has to upload?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Generous222(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
Glorious0:
Thanks,
I appreciate. Please, does that means that all schools in Germany requires application fee then?
No, except the application is through uni-assist... Well few schools without uni-assist demand processing fee.. So not all school...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Glorious0: 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
Alright, thanks a million. Now, I am enlightened on how to proceed to search.
Generous222:
No, except the application is through uni-assist... Well few schools without uni-assist demand processing fee.. So not all school...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ishaq96: 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2018
heybaby12:

But why is it that we don't like doing things ourselves.
The eariler you learn it the better for you and the joy that comes from seeing each stage you acomplish is great.It's worse when you cross over.

My little advice
My dear some of us have jobs that take our time, please always understand individual circumstances before drawing up conclusions.

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by happystep(m): 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
Merleeklarry:
Hello house, I went to an agent to help me apply for Germany admission, he told me he has applied after some days I got a call from German number telling me I applied to their school, the second day the number called me again and told me to pay for admission offer which was 50euro, I called the agent, so I gave him the money and he told me and show the the document that he has paid the money. What really happen is that do Germany school call student offering admission to their school....the school name is university of applied science

Kaiserslautern University of applied science demands €50 for application processing so check for the school name and their site

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ishaq96:

My dear some of us have jobs that take our time, please always understand individual circumstances before drawing up conclusions.

I am not drawing up conclusion, I only gave you a simple advise. I was also busy ( Saturdays and Sundays inclusive) but I sort out time to do the needful cos it was important to me, today it paid off.
I am sorry I put my nose where I was not meant to. Best wishes

9 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
Are you applying for winter or summer?

clapper04:
Please who is applying/has applied to FAU-Erlangen?, when they say supporting documents, do they mean documents you have to send alongside the application form printed out or the documents one has to upload?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by keleto(m): 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
heybaby12:

I am not drawing up conclusion, I only gave you a simple advise. I was also busy ( Saturdays and Sundays inclusive) but I sort out time to do the needful cos it was important to me, today it paid off.
I am sorry I put my nose where I was not meant to. Best wishes

Hello house,i plan applying for masters program,my fear is the possibility of getting a job after the program, if i cannot speak German. How can one really survive. At this age,i dont think i can start learning german
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by clapper04: 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
blaze007:
Are you applying for winter or summer?
Summer
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chy73(f): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2018
keleto:

Hello house,i plan applying for masters program,my fear is the possibility of getting a job after the program, if i cannot speak German. How can one really survive. At this age,i dont think i can start learning german

Omo for survival in the Nigerian way, there is nothing like age oo. Learn German. Others are learning. People of 40 50 are learning. Just try ya best. We Nigerians are survivals all the way

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzy4God: 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2018
1. A lot of schools are through uni-assist. Wich uni-assist charge fee for the evaluation of your application. About 168 schools.

2. Few schools does direct application but they charge fee e.g Technische University Kaiserslautern charge €50 and other schools.

3. A lot of schools are direct application.
a)Fulda University of Applied sciences
b)University of Hildesheim
c) Saarland University
d)Gerorg August universitat Göttingen
e) Bonn University
f) University of Bamberg
g) University of Munster
h) Deggendorf Institute of Technology
I) Technische University Darmstadt
J) University of Freiburg
K) University of Duisburg-Essen etc
All this schools is direct application,no application fee. And also they offer a lot of courses in English.

Your bless

Glorious0:
Thanks,

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2018
Oh cool. Bsc or Msc. coz i observed most of their English master courses are in winter. Also are u going for any IT or Engineering related course?

clapper04:

Summer
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzy4God: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please can someone comfirm this.

Ndkings1:
I'm about to open block account
I just found out that fintiba charges 89 euro
While x patrio charges 49 euro

I want to opt for xpatrio cos it's cheaper

Please, what are the pros and cons of using xpatrio....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzy4God: 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please is it monthly charge or for the opening of the account

Ndkings1:
I'm about to open block account
I just found out that fintiba charges 89 euro
While x patrio charges 49 euro

I want to opt for xpatrio cos it's cheaper

Please, what are the pros and cons of using xpatrio....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bukolaakin: 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
Good day house. I applied for the MA development economics program at Gottingen University. I received an email from the department today to prepare for a Skype interview next week. I will appreciate sample interview questions from past or current applicants into this program or similar program in other schools. Thank you for your responses.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by EmmanuelLee: 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
I need
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
I didn't apply to that university neither did I apply for same program in another university, but I had to undergo a Skype interview and maybe my experience might help you prepare :
Firstly, during your application I'm sure you sent your cv, if yes, be ready to explain and defend any and everything you put down.

Secondly, if your program of study involves theories, concepts and stuff like that, you might want to know as many of them as you can remember, if you can explain via examples, it'll help too.
You'd have to tell them why you picked their school over others, and how your choice of course is related to your undergraduate program if you're going for an MSc, if not you'd explain the reason behind the switch.
And then be ready to discuss some questions arising from your motivation letter. All in all the interview last about 30-45 minutes.

NB: BE ON TIME, IF POSSIBLE CALL THE SCHOOL ABOUT AN HOUR ON REGULAR CALL TO CONFIRM THE APPOINTMENT, THEN SEND A SKYPE MESSAGE A FEW MINUTES BEFORE THE INTERVIEW TIME, INTRODUCING YOURSELF.
Hope it helps.

bukolaakin:
Good day house. I applied for the MA development economics program at Gottingen University. I received an email from the department today to prepare for a Skype interview next week. I will appreciate sample interview questions from past or current applicants into this program or similar program in other schools. Thank you for your responses.

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by femo86(m): 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
heybaby12:

Withdraw so you don't get a rejection.
Someone I know waited too long after being asked the withdraw. Next thing was rejection.
Since your summer letter is not ready,just withdraw. It changes nothing

Can someone use the summer admission letter (same school) in regards to the extension deadline requested by the embassy after waiting so long, instead of applying for the visa again?
Will it be accepted? I know luck can play its part on each individual case
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bukolaakin: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
Thank you so much. This is really helpful. Yes, I did send my CV and my undergraduate degree was in economics. I will structure my preparations along these lines.
Mystique20:
I didn't apply to that university neither did I apply for same program in another university, but I had to undergo a Skype interview and maybe my experience might help you prepare :
Firstly, during your application I'm sure you sent your cv, if yes, be ready to explain and defend any and everything you put down.

Secondly, if your program of study involves theories, concepts and stuff like that, you might want to know as many of them as you can remember, if you can explain via examples, it'll help too.
You'd have to tell them why you picked their school over others, and how your choice of course is related to your undergraduate program if you're going for an MSc, if not you'd explain the reason behind the switch.
And then be ready to discuss some questions arising from your motivation letter. All in all the interview last about 30-45 minutes.

NB: BE ON TIME, IF POSSIBLE CALL THE SCHOOL ABOUT AN HOUR ON REGULAR CALL TO CONFIRM THE APPOINTMENT, THEN SEND A SKYPE MESSAGE A FEW MINUTES BEFORE THE INTERVIEW TIME, INTRODUCING YOURSELF.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.