Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588612 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by elvisddon(m): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2019
Dannyozs:
My people, happy new year! Please those that successfully funded there blocked account, this is the step u took; open a domiciliary account- buy euro from money changer by going to the bank with the person then transfer from the domiciliary to your sutor bank. My question is how do u convince the changer to make the transfer to your account before collecting the naira equivalent? Also how much did u buy euro per naira ?(I know the rate is not stable, just asking).
i dnt think there is any issue at all convincing the aboki to fund your dorm account..it depends on your negotiation ability. I recently funded my Euro dorm account and i told the aboki to make pauments into my euro account in the bank before i pay the naira equivalent. We both went to the bank for the transaction.. Its a normal transaction.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by elvisddon(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
Dannyozs:
thanks a lot, for how much did aboki sell to u?
the exchange rate varies..i bought mine ate 415 naira to 1 euro but 3 days ago it was 410 naira to 1 euro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dannyozs(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2019
elvisddon:
i dnt think there is any issue at all convincing the aboki to fund your dorm account..it depends on your negotiation ability. I recently funded my Euro dorm account and i told the aboki to make pauments into my euro account in the bank before i pay the naira equivalent. We both went to the bank for the transaction.. Its a normal transaction.
thanks bro, I appreciate.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenthumphz(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ndkings1:
Hi guys, please I want our ogas already in deutschland to help say something about this...
Is this still true ?

Dont know what you want to be told? That life in DE is easy, that firms queue waiting for you upon graduation to offer you jobs? Life aint easy anywhere, even in UK. So read up on DE, make research and decide[for yourself if DE is worth the stress?

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenthumphz(m): 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
Happy new year guys.

Being awhile. I find that we still making tremendous progress here, keeping the trail hot. Special salute to all those who have been around to make this place what it is, i appreciate you all.

I hope 2019 sees us all achieving all our goals, especially the DE hopefuls.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dangenius1227(f): 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2019
Happy new year to all, Apologies that this is coming late!

Family Reunion Visa
Interview : July 30th

Investigation Lawyer Arrived: September 19th

Investigation completed: Nov 1st

AM: Dec 10th

Visum Delivered: Dec 18th

To God be the Glory!

NB: I am open to any questions and I will so eager to give any assistance in my capacity!

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2019
Kenthumphz:
Happy new year guys.

Being awhile. I find that we still making tremendous progress here, keeping the trail hot. Special salute to all those who have been around to make this place what it is, i appreciate you all.

I hope 2019 sees us all achieving all our goals, especially the DE hopefuls.

sup Kent

how's it going up there?

its nice having you around, kindly brief us on how the lecture is structured in you school and how you've been coping with studies and hustle

Danke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenthumphz(m): 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2019
fabiosmart:

sup Kent

how's it going up there?

its nice having you around, kindly brief us on how the lecture is structured in you school and how you've been coping with studies and hustle

Danke

Ok. Lectures are just normal. The only challis adapting to the new syllabus. I studied Economics In Nigeria and coming here, was expecting it to be a walk over. Well, I struggled for the first few months. I'd have to run back home or head to library after each class to go through what was taught cos I wasn't making head nor tail out of it. I practically left this group to catch a breath especially as it was seeming as though 24hrs wasn't enough for me. Today, it's a lot better than it was in October last year. Am not get there but I thank God for progress. What helped was that I'd set my priorities right. The little advise I can give to y'all is read up on what you coming here to study. If possible, get materials of your course if you lucky enough to get in touch with someone over here in your department and be always one step ahead.
As for hustle, I bone hustle o esp as I wasn't having joy initially. Since we have settled that one, hustle mode is on now. Some decide to not work till second semester, some work from the start, whatever works for you man.

That will be all for now. I hope that's good enough.

All the best bro

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
victree007:

You may still be able to meet up with admission in some schools for Summer but the challenge you may face later on is visa appointment booking. Dates are fast running out and you don't even have admission yet not to talk of visa appointment. You know the goal of an admission offer is to get visa, your time and resources will be a waste if you don't get a date eventually.

My advise is for you to focus more on winter semester as that will afford you sufficient time to prepare.

As we speak, there are people that have summer admissions already but are yet to get an appointment. So just think about it and thread carefully.

Sir, are you saying that we that are still waiting for summer admission will encounter problems with visa and other stuff if we eventually gain it between now and March?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2019
Kenthumphz:

Dont know what you want to be told? That life in DE is easy, that firms queue waiting for you upon graduation to offer you jobs? Life aint easy anywhere, even in UK. So read up on DE, make research and decide[for yourself if DE is worth the stress?

Thanks man
Forgive my paranoia
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by modupejay: 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
Pentagonparagon:
Please who is having problems with Fintiba, I sent money to my account since 31 and the confirmation never show have check my Fintiba account but it has not been credited cry sad

Same here bro. Same day. Lets be patient. Maybe e still dey holiday mood
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2019
Kenthumphz:

Ok. Lectures are just normal. The only challis adapting to the new syllabus. I studied Economics In Nigeria and coming here, was expecting it to be a walk over. Well, I struggled for the first few months. I'd have to run back home or head to library after each class to go through what was taught cos I wasn't making head nor tail out of it. I practically left this group to catch a breath especially as it was seeming as though 24hrs wasn't enough for me. Today, it's a lot better than it was in October last year. Am not get there but I thank God for progress. What helped was that I'd set my priorities right. The little advise I can give to y'all is read up on what you coming here to study. If possible, get materials of your course if you lucky enough to get in touch with someone over here in your department and be always one step ahead.
As for hustle, I bone hustle o esp as I wasn't having joy initially. Since we have settled that one, hustle mode is on now. Some decide to not work till second semester, some work from the start, whatever works for you man.

That will be all for now. I hope that's good enough.

All the best bro

Thanks for this headup bro, it satisfy my curiosity to some extent. which state and city are you?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by annie17: 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2019
mirabest:

Wow that's great. Please just try to notify me when you will be writing on life in studienkolleg. I'm highly interested
sent you a pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenthumphz(m): 11:16pm On Jan 02, 2019
fabiosmart:

Thanks for this headup bro, it satisfy my curiosity to some extent. which state and city are you?

University of Siegen, SIegen in NRW

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by keleto(m): 11:39pm On Jan 02, 2019
janettee:

Family reunion visa..

@janetee
Sorry for disturbing you. Is it true that to be granted a reunion visa,the applicant must be able to speak at least a bit of german. Is it a must. It seems you learned the language in german,not here in nigeria before you travelled
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by keleto(m): 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2019
Dangenius1227:
Happy new year to all, Apologies that this is coming late!

Family Reunion Visa
Interview : July 30th

Investigation Lawyer Arrived: September 19th

Investigation completed: Nov 1st

AM: Dec 10th

Visum Delivered: Dec 18th

To God be the Glory!

NB: I am open to any questions and I will so eager to give any assistance in my capacity!

Congrats. Where you able to learn germany before you got your visa
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dangenius1227(f): 12:15am On Jan 03, 2019
Yes, You must get A1 certificate from Goethe Institut.
keleto:

Congrats. Where you able to learn germany before you got your visa
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yeside20: 3:21am On Jan 03, 2019
I collected the Euro in cash and deposited it into the dorm account myself. The mallam sef no gree to transfer.

Bought mine N413.

Dannyozs:
My people, happy new year! Please those that successfully funded there blocked account, this is the step u took; open a domiciliary account- buy euro from money changer by going to the bank with the person then transfer from the domiciliary to your sutor bank. My question is how do u convince the changer to make the transfer to your account before collecting the naira equivalent? Also how much did u buy euro per naira ?(I know the rate is not stable, just asking).

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yeside20: 3:27am On Jan 03, 2019
Yes o.

I registered late for the winter semester. After I received my admission letter, I couldn't get an interview date and the school refused to give an extension. I even emailed the embassy with my admission letter and the rest and i was told there was no date available.

But you can still try. Everyone's story is different and you never can tell.
Ndkings1:

Sir, are you saying that we that are still waiting for summer admission will encounter problems with visa and other stuff if we eventually gain it between now and March?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yeside20: 3:32am On Jan 03, 2019
I got my confirmation on the day of my interview. Had to print it at the car park for N1,500 per page embarassed

Pentagonparagon:
Please who is having problems with Fintiba, I sent money to my account since 31 and the confirmation never show have check my Fintiba account but it has not been credited cry sad
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by janettee(f): 5:32am On Jan 03, 2019
keleto:

@janetee
Sorry for disturbing you. Is it true that to be granted a reunion visa,the applicant must be able to speak at least a bit of german. Is it a must. It seems you learned the language in german,not here in nigeria before you travelled

I was under sixteen so I wasn't required to learn the language lipsrsealed...

Otherwise you need at least A1.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by victree007(m): 8:07am On Jan 03, 2019
Ndkings1:

I am asking you not to put all your eggs in one basket.
Spread your tentacles.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pentagonparagon: 8:23am On Jan 03, 2019
Please who is having their visa interview on Monday make we link up o grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Benfaco: 8:28am On Jan 03, 2019
Good morning people
Please will it be acceptable if I combine two neco results to apply for masters?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:46am On Jan 03, 2019
Benfaco:
Good morning people
Please will it be acceptable if I combine two neco results to apply for masters?
It will be accepted.
But you'll go for your visa interview with 2 result checker cards, for the two results.
Other bosses can contribute

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chy73(f): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2019
Benfaco:
Good morning people
I used both waec and neco of the same year. It's master's you are applying for, so you never can tell. Just send what you have and be hopeful
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzy4God: 10:15am On Jan 03, 2019
Please anybody schooling at Paderborn university, I wanted to verify something. Or is it that no Nigeria is schooling they.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 10:15am On Jan 03, 2019
Happy new year to all my e families, been long am here, I wish everyone a successful year

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mikkypel(m): 10:31am On Jan 03, 2019
Happy new year to all gurus in this thread, It is my prayer that this year answers our secret request

I am almost done with my transcript, the vision is this year's winter

But I will like to ask a question about letter of recommendation, Is it a must that it has to be issued by the school? Or can I get it from any organization or company I have worked with here

Please I need to know cuz I will be visiting the school next week monday. I need to go prepared

Thanks for the anticipated response... God bless us all

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:35am On Jan 03, 2019
mikkypel:
Happy new year to all gurus in this thread, It is my prayer that this year answers our secret request

But I will like to ask a question about letter of recommendation, Is it a must that it has to be issued by the school? Or can I get it from any organization or company I have worked with here

Please I need to know cuz I will be visiting the school next week monday. I need to go prepared

Since it's an academic program, it's most preferable if it's issued by an academic. If it were to be a job application, you might be asked for a professional reference from a company you've worked with.
So, just visit your lecturers, especially your project supervisor. He'll be willing to write the letter for you; that's if you were a good student when you worked with him grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:36am On Jan 03, 2019
Highbeeyajibola:
Happy new year to all my e families, been long am here, I wish everyone a successful year
Happy new year bro. How is it over there?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 10:36am On Jan 03, 2019
This is totally dependent on the school you are applying to.. they also state it clearly on there requirements which recommendation letter is required and even how its to be sent

mikkypel:

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.