Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586470 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 11:18am On Jan 27, 2019
dailydolar:
yes you can use course A for interview and even get visa but when u get to Germany u can enroll for course B no problem about it

So @dailydolar this means my visa doesn't contain anything about my schooling details
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2019
vinlyreeks:

So @dailydolar this means my visa doesn't contain anything about my schooling details
don't understand what u mean but am sure your state will be stated or city on your visa and student will be written too to show your class apart from that nothing again but mind u do this with outmost sense no go dey show imigartion officer say u they port to another place just pretend like u going to city A along the line u can now change destination one love
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 11:41am On Jan 27, 2019
dailydolar:
don't understand what u mean but am sure your state will be stated or city on your visa and student will be written too to show your class apart from that nothing again but mind u do this with outmost sense no go dey show imigartion officer say u they port to another place just pretend like u going to city A along the line u can now change destination one love

Lol I now get it thanks so much bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 11:42am On Jan 27, 2019
Determinedsoul:
Hi house, actually new here and have read some post not all. My question is, is it compulsory one writes ielts for Msc programme? Dies every school in Germany require Nigerians to do so? I know Norway doesn't, so I thought same is applicable in Germany.
if you have read as u claim you would have seen the answer make una they read IELTS/ TOEFL or proficiency letter is course dependent and not even school dependent . eg a school.might accept only recognised English cert like IELTS or TOEFL for course A and accept proficiency letter for course B so read and read at least the part from page 1 u will be OK finally . also check the school u want to apply to atop talking about two years ago its to far Germany is not static like naija they are dynamic a course in mitweda @heybaby12 school.last winter was a direct admission but this winter its tru uniassist so 2years is enough for things to change in Germany all d best enjoy read back and check daad.De for information

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by odylanky: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2019
Hello house, please can I apply for MSc with my HND result
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Determinedsoul: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2019
Tnx dear. I appreciate your reply. But I don't understand, proficiency letter"?

dailydolar:
if you have read as u claim you would have seen the answer make una they read IELTS/ TOEFL or proficiency letter is course dependent and not even school dependent . eg a school.might accept only recognised English cert like IELTS or TOEFL for course A and accept proficiency letter for course B so read and read at least the part from page 1 u will be OK finally . also check the school u want to apply to atop talking about two years ago its to far Germany is not static like naija they are dynamic a course in mitweda @heybaby12 school.last winter was a direct admission but this winter its tru uniassist so 2years is enough for things to change in Germany all d best enjoy read back and check daad.De for information
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
Determinedsoul:
Tnx dear. I appreciate your reply. But I don't understand, proficiency letter"?

this to confirm say you never read anything and u come they share bobo juice for us please when u come to a forum like this it will do you good to read and know basic informations so when u ask question it will be from and informed perspective .
Well proficiency letter is given to you by your university that your BSc was in English some course accept this for admission in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS
So I will now send you to parts 4 of this forum or thread so you can read up before u can ask any other question.
Takia

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Determinedsoul: 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Indeed you have got a great deal of patience. Thanks for tolerating my ignorance on d subject. I really appreciate you so much. Will try my best in reading it up.

dailydolar:
this to confirm say you never read anything and u come they share bobo juice for us please when u come to a forum like this it will do you good to read and know basic informations so when u ask question it will be from and informed perspective .
Well proficiency letter is given to you by your university that your BSc was in English some course accept this for admission in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS
So I will now send you to parts 4 of this forum or thread so you can read up before u can ask any other question.
Takia
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
odylanky:
Hello house, please can I apply for MSc with my HND result

I don't think you can from the best of my knowledge
This ND, OND and HND certs I don't even understand their orders

Even here in Nigeria I think you need to do PDE before you can do masters with HND cert
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
dailydolar:
Takia
My nigger is back. Missed you oh.
Hot jollof rice is ready come and chop
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
vinlyreeks:

I don't think you can from the best of my knowledge
This ND, OND and HND certs I don't even understand their orders

Even here in Nigeria I think you need to do PDE before you can do masters with HND cert

I have learnt not to use the word can't / impossible for this German skool matter.
Last year someone got Bsc admission with Ond certificate which was said to be impossible.
Same last year someone got admission for Msc with HND nd PGD.
I think the schools matter, the time you apply matters how you package yourself matters and work experience matters.
But if it's a fresh HND with no PgD and no work experience, then it might be harder.
I learnt one thing last year. I wrote down all the schools I wanted to go to and sent each and everyone of them message asking direct question and I got positive response in all. You need to do some homework.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by janettee(f): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
Anyone currently in Konstanz?. Please pm it's urgent.

If you see this other than today/ tomorrow being Monday. Don't bother to pm..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Trippeji(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good evening. Please I need information on PHD for International Relations(in English Language).
Any university good and cheap.

I need quick response please ... thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Armstrong34(m): 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
heybaby12:

I have learnt not to use the word can't / impossible for this German skool matter.
Last year someone got Bsc admission with Ond certificate which was said to be impossible.
Same last year someone got admission for Msc with HND nd PGD.
I think the schools matter, the time you apply matters how you package yourself matters and work experience matters.
But if it's a fresh HND with no PgD and no work experience, then it might be harder.
I learnt one thing last year. I wrote down all the schools I wanted to go to and sent each and everyone of them message asking direct question and I got positive response in all. You need to do some homework.

Exactly buh now is more tougher o because almost 95% go through this Uni-assist process so it's of little or no importance to mail the school directly to know if some things can be waived..... like this OND certificate issue...I have searched and searched for schools with direct online application so that I can try convincing if I can apply with my OND certificate buh the best I saw are direct applications for only Masters Applicants.... They really made it harder through this Uni-assist process...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lmfao!!!!!

You no get joy at all!

dailydolar:
Takia
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
Determinedsoul:
Same school am longing to apply for my Msc in Radiatio biology. Just trying to inquire if they do request for ielts from Nigerians, cos I know someone that went there 2yrs back without it though yet to be sure....

They don't. Your letter of proficiency from your registrar is fine
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
geejayjax:
Please house, is anyone here going to TU Munich for the summer session or already studying in Munich.
Summer yes
What's up
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Waleebony: 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good evening house, I am new here.my interview at the consulate is in couple of days.i just want to know if I can use my neco certificate instead of my waec certificate as the latter is clearly stated in the checklist.
N.b I used the neco for uni assist and I have asked some people that did last year said I can use it..There is a lil mix up with my Dob on my waec certificate.
I honestly just want to be sure before I shoot my self in the leg.Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 6:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Armstrong34:

Exactly buh now is more tougher o because almost 95% go through this Uni-assist process so it's of little or no importance to mail the school directly to know if some things can be waived..... like this OND certificate issue...I have searched and searched for schools with direct online application so that I can try convincing if I can apply with my OND certificate buh the best I saw are direct applications for only Masters Applicants.... They really made it harder through this Uni-assist process...

If the school is under uni assit then the matter don change be that. It becomes more difficult
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DwayneGy(m): 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
Waleebony:
Good evening house, I am new here.my interview at the consulate is in couple of days.i just want to know if I can use my neco certificate instead of my waec certificate as the latter is clearly stated in the checklist.
N.b I used the neco for uni assist and I have asked some people that did last year said I can use it..There is a lil mix up with my Dob on my waec certificate.
I honestly just want to be sure before I shoot my self in the leg.Thank you.
You can use neco if your waec has issues. Good luck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ADEYHEMI: 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
Happy to be on this forum. Please house, am trying to get the necessary information needed to apply for a course in Germany, one of the requirements from the school was to have degree in an academic study program taught in English. Please does that mean a letter of proficiency in English from my University. Please I need a reply. Have read through most of the Part for information on studying in Germany, just need this question to be answered.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by miscoe(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2019
ADEYHEMI:
Happy to be on this forum. Please house, am trying to get the necessary information needed to apply for a course in Germany, one of the requirements from the school was to have degree in an academic study program taught in English. Please does that mean a letter of proficiency in English from my University. Please I need a reply. Have read through most of the Part for information on studying in Germany, just need this question to be answered.

this could aa well serve that you're proficient in the use of english. It means the language of instruction in your undergraduate days must have been in English.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by jj17cv(m): 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good day
Do I need a passport with minimum of 6 months validity to apply for visiting visa or can I apply with a passport that has about 4 months validity. The visit period is wishing the validity date?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
jj17cv:

Good day
Do I need a passport with minimum of 6 months validity to apply for visiting visa or can I apply with a passport that has about 4 months validity. The visit period is wishing the validity date?
With minimum six months, it's kinda like a general rule for all embassies.Even for Dubai sef

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ocon: 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good Evening house, please I have some questions. I've a B.Agric and would like to apply for a Master degree in Germany

1) Due to the current IT revolution going on everywhere, is it advisable to still go for a Master's in Agriculture or I should start a 2nd degree in IT course.

2) Having in mind that I intend to migrate with the hope of not coming back here. How certain/sure is employment in Germany after graduation.

Please, I'll appreciate ur input on these questions
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ADEYHEMI: 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
Does that mean I don't need a letter of Proficiency in English, Please I need a clarification on that.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ADEYHEMI: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
miscoe:

this could aa well serve that you're proficient in the use of english. It means the language of instruction in your undergraduate days must have been in English.

Does that mean I don't need a letter of Proficiency in English, Please I need a clarification on that.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
ADEYHEMI:

To the best of my knowledge, you need to provide your first degree certificate together with a letter of English language proficiency ie a letter from either your department or registrar to show that your undergraduate studies was basically taught in English language.

It's a bit confusing at times when the Germans express some things in English language, of course you know its not their language. And moreover Germans like you to provide proof of almost everything you claimed to have achieved over the years, to which their statement clearly defines.

Hope this helps.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
Was it stated on the language requirement?
If yes then it means a proficiency letter from your school would be ohk

My advice tho is mail the course coordinator and ask if an English LOP would be accepted .You would get the answer you seek.

ADEYHEMI:

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ocon:
Good Evening house, please I have some questions. I've a B.Agric and would like to apply for a Master degree in Germany

1) Due to the current IT revolution going on everywhere, is it advisable to still go for a Master's in Agriculture or I should start a 2nd degree in IT course.

2) Having in mind that I intend to migrate with the hope of not coming back here. How certain/sure is employment in Germany after graduation.

Thanks

Am just thinking of the best approach to this questions of yours. But let me use myself as an example before talking of other possible options.

I also have a B.Agric like you but in soil science and currently admitted for an masters degree in Geomatics. That actually have been what I wanted immediately I finished from the University cos I have a proper understanding of what it entails and am also passionate about it.

I don't know what your discipline is as you didn't state such here, but however you need to know what you want to do, cos passion is paramount nevertheless.

As regards agriculture, I believe food being one of the basics needs of man cannot be overlooked anywhere in the world. I understand Germany thrives more on technology, but nevertheless they will still have prospects for agriculture even though they are not really the best in Europe so to speak, but they are the manufacturers of the popular John Deere tractors. So invariably there should be some prospects nevertheless.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bitcoinomy(m): 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ocon:

Thanks
Hi, Good evening.

Will like to say some little things.

1st, follow your passion. Either Agriculture or ICT is ok anywhere in the world likewise in Germany. Depends on what your passion is. I'm studying Agrobiotechnology here in Germany anyways.

2ndly Sir, studying either Agriculture or ICT is OK and you ll surely get a job but at it all, pls come with a open mind. You can be done studying in Germany and migrate to any other country you wish so you don't have to think of Germany, Germany, Germany all the time. Come with a open mind as i earlier said.

Best wishes in your quest.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.