Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588391 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Immafrank: 7:22am On Jan 29, 2019
Onnjohnson:
The SL is genuine,no issue with that. Again health insurance wasn't part of the documents required for the interview. The reason for the rejection is "There are doubts concerning the indicated purpose of your trip "

Clearly the issue is not from your sponsorship letter or health insurance (you don't even need health insurance for interview). If the problem was from your sponsorship letter, the rejection paper would be in this format...

"There are doubts regarding your secured subsistence cost in Germany"
OR
"Your secured finance in Germany is not ensured"

So something was wrong in your application or interview (i don't know which). So wait on @dailydollar to send you an appeal format
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Delaw00(m): 7:22am On Jan 29, 2019
Lol no b so bro's
Fabcol:
You done go find trouble cheesy

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Onnjohnson: 7:22am On Jan 29, 2019
Just normal interview questions. But the reason given for the rejection is " There are doubts concerning the indicated purpose of your trip "
Fabcol:
Damn!.. Been long I saw something like this here. Its well brother, with a proper appeal it would definitely end in praise.. Something must have gone wrong tho..would advise you share your interview transcript(questions you were asked and answers you gave) probably the error was from there. Before appealing try figure out were u went wrong cause definitely they will focus there if u are invited for another interview...

We await your success story

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 7:29am On Jan 29, 2019
Sam8850:
Please, what time of the day did you check and found a date in February? I'm seriously looking for a February date, I checked mid-night yesterday and only found for April.

Can you please assist me?

Checked by some minutes past 10am yesterday. Saw from Feb 12th if I remember clearly. Just checked now and it's closed.
There's no available dates in March though (it has been like that since earlier this month). Just keep trying. You'll get.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 7:32am On Jan 29, 2019
Onnjohnson:
Just normal interview questions. But the reason given for the rejection is " There are doubts concerning the indicated purpose of your trip "

The error is most likely from your interview or motivational letter. Maybe you expressed your intention to stay back in their country or didn't convince them enough that you only want to gain knowledge.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Immafrank: 7:32am On Jan 29, 2019
jacob05:

This birth cert thing is a bit confusing... called the embassy's hotline and the call center lady said local government issued birth cert is accepted but hearing conflicting story here..

As anyone used local government issued birth cert here? has anyone been rejected cus of local government issued cert?

Clearly stated on the checklist, you don't need to stress your self.
*if you were born before 1992, go and do age declaration in court deposed by your mom or dad(don't go and be using local govt birth cert alone but you can also go with it)
*your local govt state of origin can also suffice for old biographical document (if you got it 5 yrs ago)
STRICTLY ADHERE BY THE CHECKLIST TO AVOID FUNNY STORIES!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chy73(f): 8:01am On Jan 29, 2019
Onnjohnson:
When in November did you do the interview?? The processing took so long almost 2months. Something must have gone terribly wrong. I want to also ask, does the embassy call some contacts you gave, probably work contacts or so. Someone must have even given them a wrong info about you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ayaade1: 8:03am On Jan 29, 2019
Good morning house,

I would like to confirm if one is allowed to work while studying in Germany. Also, are there opportunities after studies, eg is it easy to get a job, can one get a permanent stay afterwards?

Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2019
Yes to all your questions
You are allowed 20hrs work a week while studying
Definitely there are jobs but not easy to get. Language, study grade, field of study and other factors affects this
Yes you can PR if u follow the procedure

Tho u honestly do need do personal research for detailed answers. I would refer you to quora. Search this questions on quora and Google too

ayaade1:
Good morning house,

I would like to confirm if one is allowed to work while studying in Germany. Also, are there opportunities after studies, eg is it easy to get a job, can one get a permanent stay afterwards?

Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 8:20am On Jan 29, 2019
Onnjohnson:

Sorry about that bro, I think the problem will probably be from your motivation letter or probably from the answers to the questions you provided during the interview. Probably you gave them the impression that you have no intentions of coming back. But most at times its usually from the motivation letters, cos I think they will also forward them to the foreign office and if they don't find it convincing enough, then such rejections are evident.

so kindly check yourself properly before you set for an appeal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by adedugbaolufemi(m): 8:22am On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks...
The school is George Augustus University, Göttingen.Do you have idea of how it works there?
I don't want to leave him back. If I have as much as 5.5Million in my BA I don't think they should withhold our visa

I really wants to get furnished with information on this need.
heybaby12:

Truth be told i am not 100% sure of the procedure, as we speak my own hand bag dey with her grand parents for Nigeria.
A friend of mine came with her child but the pikin na yanke pikin so there was no embassy wahala. But when they got here she had to show €3.5k for the child at the Office before they issued the child's residency.

My dear this schooling with pikin no be beans oh. It's really not easy. Them no get joy for their schooling here.

Also me mindful of where you going to, some cities won't even help you out. You would do it all by yourself. But my school helped my friend with all she needed for the child (putting the child in kindergarten and all)
Sorry but you have to do intensive research and make the right choice. Feel free to ask more questions. If I can help I will.
Best wishes.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ifyalways(f): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2019
Kenechill:

Alright good. Luck. To. Them
No such luck yet. cheesy

I think they're just enriching the agents. Whatever reason they have for locking the dates is frankly meaningless. They should keep everything open or just lock it up so people can look for alternatives, other countries. It's midnight where I am now and I have been checking this every twenty minutes for the past four hours. The couple's wards in Nigeria checked all night in Nigeria. The sleep deprivation and all.

So what happens to people that will need to apply as a couple or family with some share a documents like marriage certificate and bank statements? How will they be able to get same date?

All such rubbish only works in Naija. The Government don't care, the citizens accept everything.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ifyalways(f): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2019
Opinionator:

Checked by some minutes past 10am yesterday. Saw from Feb 12th[b] if I remember clearly[/b]. Just checked now and it's closed.
There's no available dates in March though (it has been like that since earlier this month). Just keep trying. You'll get.
I really doubt this.

We have been checking from 2 different countries and timezones, the only date we've ever seen was in April.

They replied our email to say we should keep checking. They are better off locking and shutting down the whole portal or keep it fully open, so you pick whatever date that is available as opposed to asking one to keep checking and checking with no timeframe.

The couple are now thinking of paying an agent to get them a date since they want to use Germany at all cost because its less stressful for them( they wont need interview or biometrics)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:06am On Jan 29, 2019
Ndkings1:

I'll not be able to send them the documents before deadline.... I tought it was winter course not knowing that I was applying for a summer course

When did you apply?
And how did you know you applied for summer?
What's the deadline?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sam8850: 10:09am On Jan 29, 2019
It's quite painful with the booking system and not knowing what times of the day to check. I have been checking for a week now but all I see is April not even March.

If I can get someone to help me book a date in February I won't mind paying for the service. Its quite urgent and I don't want to use another Schengen country visa as my main destination is Berlin.

ifyalways:

I really doubt this.

We have been checking from 2 different countries and timezones, the only date we've ever seen was in April.

They replied our email to say we should keep checking. They are better off locking and shutting down the whole portal or keep it fully open, so you pick whatever date that is available as opposed to asking one to keep checking and checking with no timeframe.

The couple are now thinking of paying an agent to get them a date since they want to use Germany at all cost because its less stressful for them( they wont need interview or biometrics)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:13am On Jan 29, 2019
jacob05:

This birth cert thing is a bit confusing... called the embassy's hotline and the call center lady said local government issued birth cert is accepted but hearing conflicting story here..

As anyone used local government issued birth cert here? has anyone been rejected cus of local government issued cert?

If you claim that you called the embassy and you were told that local government certificate is accepted, then use it. I believe you were born after December 1992.

Shalom!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:13am On Jan 29, 2019
Delaw00:
Lol no b so bro's

Read this thread from page 1.
Your questions and many more will be answered.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by schwenin: 10:18am On Jan 29, 2019
Try and find out where you made a mistake in your application or interview. Also have you been rejected before? If you have been rejected before then that is the reason for this rejection. The remedy is Appeal.Appeal immediately and address everything you think was wrong with the application then they will approve your application

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 10:38am On Jan 29, 2019
ifyalways:

I really doubt this.

I checked it the first time solely for the purpose of sending you the link. And I saw the available dates myself. No reason for me to drop a false claim. Was shocked to see the portal had closed up when I tried checking on the second instance. I still believe there are some available dates because my mum was able to book February 13th a short while ago (only Feb and April were available then too) and they have ample time slots per day for this interview category.

Maybe they should just opt for the agent then.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 10:48am On Jan 29, 2019
Sam8850:
It's quite painful with the booking system and not knowing what times of the day to check. I have been checking for a week now but all I see is April not even March.

If I can get someone to help me book a date in February I won't mind paying for the service. Its quite urgent and I don't want to use another Schengen country visa as my main destination is Berlin.

Since it's really urgent, I suggest you go through Poland. You can go from Lagos to Warsaw then take a bus or train (6hrs on average) to Berlin. Or go to Zielona Gora (city in Poland) from Lagos and take a bus or train (2+hrs) to Berlin.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sam8850: 11:27am On Jan 29, 2019
I'd have to go to Abuja as I am in Lagos.

I will use the next 2 days to explore every possible outcome to get a date in the German embassy before I try that.

Thanks man, I appreciate!

Opinionator:

Since it's really urgent, I suggest you go through Poland. You can go from Lagos to Warsaw then take a bus or train (6hrs on average) to Berlin. Or go to Zielona Gora (city in Poland) from Lagos and take a bus or train (2+hrs) to Berlin.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by paschalifeanyi: 11:32am On Jan 29, 2019
please i need someone to guide me because i'm new to this group and i'm really interested on how to start pls can anyone help me on when is the right time to start application urgent reply needed pls
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 11:38am On Jan 29, 2019
paschalifeanyi:
please i need someone to guide me because i'm new to this group and i'm really interested on how to start pls can anyone help me on when is the right time to start application urgent reply needed pls

Welcome pascal ifeanyi

On right time to start application the Universities have their different dates so it depends on what school and course you are applying for. Some are applied for both in winter and summer while some are only winter kindly visit https://www.daad.de/de/ and check the schools offering your course and their application dates, procedures as well as requirements.

You can direct further questions to part 3 and 4 of this thread it will help you well if you calm down and read through it

BLESSUP

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 29, 2019
Quick question: heybaby12 and the rest

Has anyone done an Online Test Master GSD online tests and interview for hs-fulda.de Fulda University of Applied Sciences ?

How is it set up, any best practices to prepare for this, I have seen the topics, but I need to be sure not to get caught unaware.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Delaw00(m): 11:51am On Jan 29, 2019
Okay sir
Deustchemann:

Read this thread from page 1. Your questions and many more will be answered.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by paschalifeanyi: 11:53am On Jan 29, 2019
vinlyreeks:

Welcome pascal ifeanyi

On right time to start application the Universities have their different dates so it depends on what school and course you are applying for. Some are applied for both in winter and summer while some are only winter kindly visit https://www.daad.de/de/ and check the schools offering your course and their application dates, procedures as well as requirements.

You can direct further questions to part 3 and 4 of this thread it will help you well if you calm down and read through it

BLESSUP

thanks so much
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Delaw00(m): 11:53am On Jan 29, 2019
Pls pages are over 400 and i use a small nokia phone,it's gonna be tough.
Deustchemann:

Read this thread from page 1.
Your questions and many more will be answered.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 11:56am On Jan 29, 2019
For newbies
IF for any reason you signed up for the Lazy Nigerian Youth Association. And your association will not allow you to read through part 1 to 5 of this thread then this is a no-brainer tip for you:

Write down your intended question(s) open your chrome or any browser type the question on Google and add nairaland to the ending part of the question it will give you results relating to some pages and parts of this topic where the question has been asked before and answered... Ex. 'How to get accommodations for students in Germany Nairaland' you will see several talks regarding student accommodation in Germany in this thread or Germany related threads... I hope this helps

My regards to your president tho grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 12:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Delaw00:

Lol na punishment you go find like that oo.. Even using a big screened android is lucifer enough.
You can go to any cyber Cafe buy time 1hr should be around 200 at least one hour fit do something to your knowledge after all You don't need to read all just the important ones.... The #200 is worth it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Samrubby1: 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
Deustchemann:

1. I'm not too sure about using that court affidavit. Try to approach the ministry of education in your state to see what can be done to replace your certificate
2. Just bring any document that you obtained from anytime up till 2014... If you have completed a bachelors, you can find a course form, or maybe you use your jamb slip. Anything that identifies you sha, and is older than 5yrs
3. if you were born before December 1992, you'll have to use declaration of age deposed by your dad or head of family.
If you were born after, NPC certificate can be accepted.. now, I do not know if state/local government issued birth certificates can be accepted in lieu of NPC, but then we can't afford to risk anything. If we'll need to get NPC certificate, just get it and be at rest

Pls can one use departmental ID of his university(though expired 2014), voters card, 2015 drivers licence (expired last year) ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Delaw00(m): 12:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks
vinlyreeks:

Lol na punishment you go find like that oo.. Even using a big screened android is lucifer enough.
You can go to any cyber Cafe buy time 1hr should be around 200 at least one hour fit do something to your knowledge after all You don't need to read all just the important ones.... The #200 is worth it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
Delaw00:

I've been in that situation before. Trust me it might be difficult to read it through, but if this matter is on top of your priority list, you'll close your eyes to any hindrance. At least you can start from somewhere first.
Shey you're a Futarian bah? Start reading with your phone first, when you resume, or if you live in Akure, go to CRC obakekere or obanla, buy time there (it was #100 for 6 hours when I was a student there, dunno the price now). They have computers you can also use for that period of browsing. Go with a jotter where you'll write down important facts.
I wish you well, fellow Futarian.
What course do you study?

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.