Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,588 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (585871 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Conqueror89: 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
Deustchemann:

Yes, if your school accepts the submission of a letter from your registrar that your first BSc was taught in English , then you can submit it instead of IELTS. This condition varies from school to school , so be sure of what your school wants first.

Thanks man. I appreciate your swift response.
Just as you suggested I will confirm from the school first.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2019
Junera:
Hello Forum!!! Please I wanted to apply to a private university for easier admission, then switch to a public university when I get there, is that form of switching easy?

who told you you can't get admitted in public universities. You just need to up your game, I have learnt not to rule out anything in life. please roll up your sleeves and get back to work, good a thing winter applications is just starting for some schools and a whole lot of courses are usually gotten during winter semester. So please don't conclude abruptly. cheers
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Davidkking:
Please guys what documents are needed for bachelors degree in Germany? Am just seeing mainly masters here
Yes, mostly masters..
However, for Bachelor, your Waec won’t be enough. 100L transcript should be fine. We’ve also seen success with HNDs but people have different opinions about it.

Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kryptonite44: 8:27pm On Feb 06, 2019
Chriswazo:

Hello, I sent you a pm

Didn't get your pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 8:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
kryptonite44:

Didn't get your pm

I believe you owe that moniker, let me pm again
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aerofly76: 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
Pecky2222:
Pls guys I need help.
Who knows how to convert our credit unit to ects units.
PS: I already read up on google and I Knw dat each semester should be 30ects. In my school u can offer courses of least-15credit unit and maximum 24credit unit per semester.
So d credit units I offered are in between 15and 24.
How do I convert it..
Pls its urgent
Trying to apply to LMU for plant science
I'm a graduate of unn

I think the ECTS is the same as our credit units here. HUT, Hamburg MSc Mechanical engineering & Management (first time I will ever here a combo of engr and mgt) is one of my targets. They required me to fill a form and these ECTS thing came up. They needed me to fill a form and throught my bachelor's I must have 24 ECTS of mathematics courses, 24 ECTS for mechanics related courses, 56 ECTS mechanical engr/ design courses and so on. I took out my transcripts and found all these requirements within the 5 sessions I was at OAU Ife. So to me, where they wanted 24 ECTS for maths courses, I had 27 credit units in all for all the various maths courses I took. 56 credit units for those in mechanical engr / design.
So, my opinion is based on that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 9:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
Aerofly76:

I think the ECTS is the same as our credit units here. HUT, Hamburg MSc Mechanical engineering & Management (first time I will ever here a combo of engr and mgt) is one of my targets. They required me to fill a form and these ECTS thing came up. They needed me to fill a form and throught my bachelor's I must have 24 ECTS of mathematics courses, 24 ECTS for mechanics related courses, 56 ECTS mechanical engr/ design courses and so on. I took out my transcripts and found all these requirements within the 5 sessions I was at OAU Ife. So to me, where they wanted 24 ECTS for maths courses, I had 27 credit units in all for all the various maths courses I took. 56 credit units for those in mechanical engr / design.
So, my opinion is based on that.
Okay.. but you are wrong.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Conqueror89:

Thanks man. I appreciate your swift response.
Just as you suggested I will confirm from the school first.

You're welcome bro.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KrisNonny1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Tnx all, pls wat you do the necessary document one should take along wen going for interview and how do I get the application form to fill
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by horlakay(m): 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=chimax1 post=75480486] welcome on board bro.sorry about your denial I can relate to your experience as well. Those Pretoria VOs are something else. Don't worry, you will soon get over it.
Yes you have to certify copies of your credentials. Most schools request for this unless otherwise stated which is mostly for online applications.

Thanks for d info bro......

I just pray it doesn't happen d second time. D case officer was so unfair to me. I gave dem everything and after hoping for a long time. They finally gave me a uppercaut!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by horlakay(m): 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=Deustchemann post=75480878]
@bolded, your school will clearly state out which type of document is required of you.
Some ask for plain photocopies, most require that you certify the documents, some do not need offline applications. Just upload the documents on their portal. So if your school didn't ask for certified docs, then you're okay.

As for FAU, you'll need to certify. I applied there

[God bless you bro........danke]

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Pecky2222:
Pls guys I need help.
Who knows how to convert our credit unit to ects units.
PS: I already read up on google and I Knw dat each semester should be 30ects. In my school u can offer courses of least-15credit unit and maximum 24credit unit per semester.
So d credit units I offered are in between 15and 24.
How do I convert it..
Pls its urgent
Trying to apply to LMU for plant science
I'm a graduate of unn
Okay, so ECTS is for trying to determine how many hours you spent on a particular course or set of courses. So it’s not the same as credit unit.

It’s simple.

First: 30hours is equal to 1ECTS point in Germany.

Second: You have to determine all the courses and how many hours you spent on them in class per week. Then multiply it by the no of week you have in a semester to get the total number of hours for that semester. Repeat this for the whole semester and add them to know the number of hours you have for the 4 or 5 years as an undergraduate.

Now since 30hours is 1ECTS point, you can then determine the ECTS points you have.

I hope this helps. You can ask more questions for clarification.

Shalom.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aerofly76: 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

Okay.. but you are wrong.

No worries. It's ok to be wrong. I'm sure open to get the right info.
Like I began my previous post, "I think... " was my thought and what I acted on when faced with what the equivalent of ECTS is in our own system.
Please enlighten us with the correct position. A lot of us have plenty schools to apply to still.
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2019
Aerofly76:

No worries. It's ok to be wrong. I'm sure open to get the right info.
Like I began my previous post, "I think... " was my thought and what I acted on when faced with what the equivalent of ECTS is in our own system.
Please enlighten us with the correct position. A lot of us have plenty schools to apply to still.
Thanks
Yeah.. I completely understand.
Okay, so ECTS is for trying to determine how many hours you spent on a particular course or set of courses. So it’s not the same as credit unit.

It’s simple.

Second: You have to determine all the courses and how many hours you spent on them in class per week. Then multiply it by the no of week you have in a semester to get the total number of hours for that semester. Repeat this for the whole semester and add them to know the number of hours you have for the 4 or 5 years as an undergraduate.

Now since 30hours is 1ECTS point, you can then determine the ECTS points you have.

Shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aerofly76: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

It’s simple.

Shalom.

Well noted.
So, with your explanation, let's look at one example.
MTH 101, has 5 credit unit. A first semester course at OAU Ife. Classes say like thrice a week for one semester. How many ECTS will that translate to?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dreamchaserz(m): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
I did it at #200 each. Don't patronize anyone outside. Ask for the commissioner for oaths office and do your thing there.
Also go with a form of identification.
Cheers
smokers:

how much did you pay to certify the documents,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
Aerofly76:

Well noted.
MTH 101, has 5 credit unit. A first semester course at OAU Ife. Classes say like thrice a week for one semester. How many ECTS will that translate to?
First, not how many times, it’s how many hours.
For instance: MTH 101 (3unit whatever) is to be taught 3hours per week maybe Monday: 2hours and Friday: 1hour. So you have 3 hours in total.

Now if OAU has 14months per semester like UNILAG. Then you have:

Hours= 3*14 = 42hours for year 1 (first semester) Then continue like that.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Davidkking(m): 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

Yes, mostly masters..
However, for Bachelor, your Waec won’t be enough. 100L transcript should be fine. We’ve also seen success with HNDs but people have different opinions about it.

Shalom
What do you mean 100L?......am i supposed to enroll in a university here first?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aerofly76: 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2019
@Adeniyii2017

Alright then. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2019
Davidkking:

What do you mean 100L?......am i supposed to enroll in a university here first?
Yes.. like Open University.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2019
Aerofly76:
@Adeniyii2017

Alright then. Thanks
You are welcome sir.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Davidkking(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

Yes.. like Open University.
Wow.....look at me thinking i'll travel this year.......thanks by the way
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
Aerofly76:

Well noted.
5 unit means 5 contact hour per week sir but my own I no get time to waste so I always multiply my credit unit by 1.5 or 2 to convert to ECTS so that what I did and it work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aerofly76: 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
dailydolar:
5 unit means 5 contact hour per week sir but my own I no get time to waste so I always multiply my credit unit by 1.5 or 2 to convert to ECTS so that what I did and it work

Alright sir. Smiles.
Thx
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bamstar007: 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
Deustchemann:

Integrated life sciences, integrated immunology and molecular medicine
alright. I applied for climate and environmental sciences.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by austinereds(m): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
Conqueror89:

Boss, there is something I want to be sure of.

I and my friend intend to write the ielts exam by next month. We are both applying for a bachelor's degree in germany though we have graduated here in nigeria. we took a decision within ourselves to start afresh so we decided to go for another programe entirely in germany.

But something came up of recent. He got an information from one of our other friend who is studying in Germany presently that there is a new development. The said friend in Germany told us what we need to do now is to apply for a letter of proficiency in English from the registrar office in our university here in nigeria that it will cover for the ielts exam. He said it will save us cost and that about 5 schools we intend to apply to in Germany accept it. Pls do you have an idea about schools in Germany accepting letter of proficiency in English ?
Because all I have seen so far is people writing the ielts exam. I await your response. Thnks

please can I get a rundown of those universities that accept proficiency letter in English? please.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KrisNonny1(m): 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hello
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DemigodZeus147(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
Bamstar007:
alright. I applied for climate and environmental sciences.

You must have an English Language certificate. Hope you adhered to the documents certification instructions.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kryptonite44: 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=Chriswazo post=75483792]

I believe you owe that moniker, let me pm again[/quot

I got your pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 11:03pm On Feb 06, 2019
Davidkking:

True say

Anyway, go on daad.de search for the course of your choice and check the requirements for each school (they vary).
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
Davidkking:

Wow.....look at me thinking i'll travel this year.......thanks by the way

Unfortunately, WAEC isn't sufficient. One year will be over before you know it sha.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 11:09pm On Feb 06, 2019
KrisNonny1:
Tnx all, pls wat you do the necessary document one should take along wen going for interview and how do I get the application form to fill

Go on the embassy's website please. Everything you need can be found there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.