Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588750 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
kongturkey:

My intend is not you mentioned, embassy shows 0 tollerance to not writing motivation letter and low cgpa fyi
for cgpa you no correct in as much say u get admission dem no send you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by noblemann1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
Good day, A friend of mine needs a school suggestion. We wrote TOEFL together he got 77 but the school he has in Mind has a cutoff of 80. He wants to go for an undergraduate degree in engineering course. He needs suggestion since his sponsor urge him to get before on the 15th July. Thanks
God bless
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by victree007(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
dailydolar:
congrats thanks for clearing the air on SL o can now rest my case well-done AM awaits you
My pleasure bro. This SL/BA confusion is long overdue. I'm glad I could set it straight a little bit
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2018
victree007:

My pleasure bro. This SL/BA confusion is long overdue. I'm glad I could set it straight a little bit
I know no issue about it but people just dey put fear for people mind .
Anyway me na SL I dey go for and I don make up my mind on am since so no fear congrats once again wishing you AM as soon as possible
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jupiterproperty: 3:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks for sharing, i want to ask if the VO collected your intl passport after the interview. Thaanks

victree007:
Hello House,
I had my interview this morning 06/07/2018 in Lagos and thought it wise to share my transcript. The interview lasted less than 15 minutes. The multitude that came for interview today sha. It didn’t get to my turn until 9:20AM
So here is how it all went;

VO: Have you funded?
ME: Not exactly. I haven’t exactly decided whether or not I will use a BA or SL as my uncle is currently processing an SL in Munich for me. So the outcome will determine if I’ll be using a BA or SL

VO: Okay. Please read the information on this form and sign
NB: It was a form containing blocked account confirmation details…

So I read and signed the form then passed it over to her.

VO: Why do you want to study in Germany?
ME: I want to study in Germany because the country has some of the world's top universities for geosciences, which are ranked based on their reputation and research in the field. Also, the educational system is high-class and combines theoretical teaching and practical training with the goal of ensuring a lasting/perpetual innovation. The caliber of scientists and geologists that the country has produced over time is a testament to the quality of education currently being offered in Germany. This is why I want to study there.

VO: Masters or Bachelors
ME: Masters

VO: What is the name of the course?
ME: Masters in Sustainable Mining and Remediation Management

VO: What is the title of your BSc thesis?
ME: Hydrogeological Study of Ekiadolor and Environs. I quickly asked if I should spell “Ekiadolor” for her and she said yes. After typing, I asked her to please repeat the spelling of the same (E-K-I-A-D-O-L-O-R) to be sure it was well spelt and she did.

VO: Why do you want to study this particular course?
ME: The Sustainable Mining and Remediation Management programme is a critical aspect of Geology in which I want to carry out a geoscientific and an environmental research. This area of investigation is a build-up on my undergraduate thesis in Hydrogeology and it will give me the opportunity to conduct a research on the geochemistry of acid mine drainage and its impact on water and earth resources particularly around mining exploration communities. The skills and knowledge to be gained from this programme will readily make me become a better environmental hydrogeologist.

VO: Why not study this course in Nigeria?
ME: The level of infrastructure and the quality of education offered in my home country cannot be compared to that in Germany especially when you consider some of the modules and internships involved in the programme and the fact that a teaching experimental mine is at the disposal of whoever studies this programme at TU Freiberg. Also, the unpredictable nature of education in Nigeria does not guarantee the completion of this kind of programme in record time.

VO: Why not study this course in US, UK and other English speaking countries
ME: A key motivation for me is the level of flexibility of university programmes to meet the research needs of students as well as the affordable nature of education in Germany.
NB: Me and VO go back and forth about this question before we finally agree for this response sha o
If she asks any question that doesn’t carry Germany in it, she will ask you not to mention anything about Germany in your response as well. I no know how to explain the thing pass like this.

VO: What do you know about Germany?
As we reach this question, for my mind I say we die here[b][/b]

ME: Germany is located in the central-western part of Europe
Its capital and largest city is Berlin
Germany has a largely temperate seasonal climate with population of about 82,8 million people
Germany is the most populous member state of the European Union and the second most populous after Russia in Europe
Germany is one of the world’s largest technologically advanced economies and It is both the world's third-largest exporter and importer of goods
Being an eco-friendly nation, Germany is currently researching about ways to transition from mainstream energy sources to renewable energy such as solar and wind energy.
Then she cuts in and asked me to wait for her to type…

ME: Can I continue the story telling?

VO: Yes please go ahead

ME: Okay. Germany operates a federal, parliamentary and democratic/representative system of government where Frank-Walter Steinmeier is the president and head of state while Angela Merkel is the chancellor and head of government in Germany.
During the period of Allied occupation, two German states were founded: West Germany, formed from the American, British and French occupation zones which formed the federal republic of Germany and East Germany, formed from the Soviet occupation zone.
Which also formed German democratic republic
On October 3, 1990, the unification of…..

VO: It’s okay It’s okay It’s okay. You want to fill up my computer with what you know about Germany, I can already see you know about a lot embassy.
For my mind I come dey say aunty na you say make I fire down like caro nao.

Eventually we both laughed to her “You want to fill up my computer” comment and then she told me that’s all, we are through with the interview.

ME: Can I ask you a question please?

VO: The interview has ended nao what else do you want again?

ME: That form you asked me to read and sign which contains the blocked account confirmation details, does signing it invalidate provision of sponsorship letter?[i][/i]

VO: No it does not. You can forward us either your blocked account confirmation or the sponsorship letter. Anyone is fine.

ME: Thank you for satisfying my curiosity. Have a nice day
NB: VO didn’t even ask any information regarding the sponsor I mentioned I have in Munich

I made sure I asked that last question because a lot of people have been coming here to say once you sign that form you can no longer use SL in place of BA. I doubt if any of such people ever asked their respective VOs this same question before arriving at that conclusion.
Well there you have it from the horse’s mouth – Signing that BA confirmation form does not invalidate SL in anyway. VO’s word, not mine.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by victree007(m): 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2018
dailydolar:
I know no issue about it but people just dey put fear for people mind .
Anyway me na SL I dey go for and I don make up my mind on am since so no fear congrats once again wishing you AM as soon as possible
lol. Thanks again bro.
U & my friend @funmismallz go meet up for Bremen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by victree007(m): 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jupiterproperty:
Thanks for sharing, i want to ask if the VO collected your intl passport after the interview. Thaanks

No she returned it back to me. I think that's the norm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Swithoni: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
Good day everyone, thanks for your help so far.
Please I have a question.....

I’ll use SL for my visa application but I’m opening a blocked account as well. Can I fund the account with the money I have saved even if it’s not up to the required 8640 € or must it be 8640 even if I’m not using it for visa stuff, just saving the much I have to use till I stabilize there?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
victree007:

lol. Thanks again bro.
U & my friend @funmismallz go meet up for Bremen
you grad from uniben ? She just talked about you as I post the transcript for bremen people group. That's lovely we are together
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
Swithoni:
Good day everyone, thanks for your help so far.
Please I have a question.....

I’ll use SL for my visa application but I’m opening a blocked account as well. Can I fund the account with the money I have saved even if it’s not up to the required 8640 € or must it be 8640 even if I’m not using it for visa stuff, just saving the much I have to use till I stabilize there?
better hold your cash with you and change to euro when you wan leave if not you might need to do the complete before u can widraw just my thought ooo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Berliner1: 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Braket:

Trust me Frankfurt is set up... Lol. There are a lot of jobs no doubt, but for someone that doesn't speak the language, not much and not easy to come by

It's better than Gottingen....

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
My man abeg, this SL must it come from Germany? What about if its my Organization or my family here in naija?

dailydolar:
better hold your cash with you and change to euro when you wan leave if not you might need to do the complete before u can widraw just my thought ooo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
blaze007:
My man abeg, this SL must it come from Germany? What about if its my Organization or my family here in naija?

no only German citizen or person with permanent resident

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
blaze007:

*Proof of financial means for one year by one of the following options*:

a) Confirmation of blocked German bank account bearing an amount of minimum 8.640,-€. During the visa process applicants have to submit proof of having sufficient financial means for living in German. This can be done by opening and funding a blocked account. When choosing the provider you have free choice. Suppliers worldwide offering this service can be found on the website of the German Federal Foreign Office.

b) official German declaration of sponsorship („Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of studies/ language course given before the competent German authority *(Please note: FINANCING IS USUALLY ONLY SECURED IF DECLARANT RESIDES IN GERMANY)*

c) proof of scholarship of a German/ European organization covering the arising costs

For more information, please check your checklist documents which can be found on: https://nigeria.diplo.de/blob/1505580/a8c8d4f4dc04a409ed3691ec23ad6fdc/checklist-student-visa-data.pdf
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2018
Oh ok. Choi na wa ooo.

dailydolar:
no only German citizen or person with permanent resident
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2018
Oh wow.....thank you so much.

Mamtobs:

*Proof of financial means for one year by one of the following options*:
a) Confirmation of blocked German bank account bearing an amount of minimum 8.640,-€. During the visa process applicants have to submit proof of having sufficient financial means for living in German. This can be done by opening and funding a blocked account. When choosing the provider you have free choice. Suppliers worldwide offering this service can be found on the website of the German Federal Foreign Office.

b) official German declaration of sponsorship („Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of studies/ language course given before the competent German authority *(Please note: FINANCING IS USUALLY ONLY SECURED IF DECLARANT RESIDES IN GERMANY)*

c) proof of scholarship of a German/ European organization covering the arising costs

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by victree007(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
dailydolar:
you grad from uniben ? She just talked about you as I post the transcript for bremen people group. That's lovely we are together
Yes boss. I finished from UNIBEST

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by iambeluchi: 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2018
Eldeee:
@eldeee, please can you pm ur mobile number... I'm hearing this for the first time.. most of my friends went through this process and it clicked.. Not this year tho'
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutch2018: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2018
Is there anyone studying radiology or closely related course in Germany?
I tried to search for it on daad.de but didn't get anything as such.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Swithoni: 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2018
dailydolar:
Okay, thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ezer20(m): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
Gent009:
ezer20 your attention is needed pls

Okay bro, how can I help you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Enephkay: 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
kongturkey:

My intend is not you mentioned, embassy shows 0 tollerance to not writing motivation letter and low cgpa fyi

It is obvious the Motivation Letter is there on their website which is compulsory you have to come with so not writing it is of course a problem but my main hint is that you don’t come up telling us CPGA is top key or too relevant on visa interview where you already got admitted to a school. Like I stated the last time, if a 3rd Class can get a Visa, how bad can it get

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chimax1(m): 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2018
does it mean that all universities in Germany are through with admission for the year?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chimax1(m): 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2018
chimax1:
does it mean that all universities in Germany are through with admission for the year? i have been trying to apply but i have not seen any available institution yet. pls any ideas?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 9:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
[quote author=iambeluchi post=69141826][/quote]

I guess this issue have been extensively discussed here today. just go through and get the information you seek.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Hulkimiliano(m): 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2018
fluxyn:

Congrats Bro. We are in this together. Let’s go there
Yes ooooo. We gats enter dere
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2018
queenvicka:
Halleluyah oooooo, i had a skype interview today, within 2hrs i got a congratulation mail.....somebody praise God. my first admission just landed. Anyone going to Technical university of munich?

Congratulations!!..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
shasha25:
guys help me out
which city is the best between these two cities Frankfurt and Gottingen.

Frankfurt grin wink.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dimejidude(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
Guys, kindly help me answer this question
I'm aware of the fact that about 8,900 Euros has to be deposited in a blocked account.
For someone going for a Masters degree in which the duration is about 18 months - which is more than one year, do I have to 'block' another 8,900 Euros??
Kindly explain how this works

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2018
Dutch2018:
Is there anyone studying radiology or closely related course in Germany?
I tried to search for it on daad.de but didn't get anything as such.

Are you a radiologist or medical radiographer?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princetigris(m): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
Bmfunso:

Yes, I am going to same school and same campus. I have sent you email.
have TUBerlin sent you admission notification?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Enephkay: 1:33am On Jul 07, 2018
[quote author=chimax1 post=69147133][/quote]

This is July bro and application to most schools for winter started by April so if it happens you can’t find a school to apply for now on daad.de and you are really eager to apply when you visit the school on daad.de try to mail the school about your late application with good points/ reasons. You never know, you might be lucky if you take your time to email all the filtered schools for your course of study on daad.de but remember to use Abuja address so you can secure visa interview space earlier. Success

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.