Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience (14346 Views)

Can I Start Bee Keeping With 100k? / Signify Interest To Participate In Our FREE Bee-keeping Training In Ibadan!!!! / Apiculture - Bee Keeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience by Christistruth00: 10:05pm On Mar 13, 2021
saliubello:
Buy from a beekeeper, honey available for sale

List on in the Agricultural Produce Section of JiJi,ng
Re: Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience by saliubello(m): 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2021
Christistruth00:

List on in the Agricultural Produce Section of JiJi,ng

Thanks. I will do just that now.

1 Like

Re: Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience by 1TripleC: 1:16am On Mar 27, 2021
Thanks for the EXPERIENCE shared,am actually confused about the be catcher,is it a box or what
Re: Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience by Raph82(m): 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2021
1TripleC:
Thanks for the EXPERIENCE shared,am actually confused about the be catcher,is it a box or what
It's a box too, only that it has it's own dimension. The real name is swarm trap.
How does it work? U place the box in a strategic location where it can be easily sighted by scout bees searching for a new home that can accommodate the new colony. Once they locate the box, they go in, they feel the space therein, if conducive, they go back and inform others that they've found a new home. Some workers bees will follow them to confirm, then they go back to convince the colony to move to the new home. By this, your box has caught a swarm. U can then move them to where ur bee farm is and transfer the content of the swarm trap into ur bee hive. Now they've got to their permanent abode.

1 Like

Re: Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience by Raph82(m): 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2021
I appreciate everybody in this forum. What a good job. I just came across the thread, it's educative. I hope to also be of help to as many that are building interest in this niche. U will never regret u did, because u'll be dealing with nature live. In beekeeping, everyday is new lesson.
Re: Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience by Elohe001: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
I would love to learn it too
I'm in calabar, cross river state
Re: Bee - keeping: My New Found Hobby. My Hop, Step & Jump Experience by AmaUwana(f): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2023
Thanks for this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra To Begin Export Of Rice Soon – Gov. Obiano / Nigeria To Remove ‘political Farmers’ From Database / Plantain Sucker Production Business - The Silent Wealth Secrets Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.