Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure (12046 Views)

Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding... / Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by picazy: 8:22am On Jun 04, 2010
Foolishness on Display  grin

Why I fought my wife in public –Deji of Akure •As Ondo council of obas suspends him •His days are numbered –Lisa

| Print | E-mail
Written by Yinka Oladoyinbo
Friday, 04 June 2010
THE embattled Deji of Akure, Oba Oluwadare Adesina, on Thursday, broke his silence on his involvement in a street fight with one of his wives, Bolanle, accusing her of infidelity and being a psychiatric patient.

Adesina also accused his estranged wife of being unreliable and a pathological liar who always fought with other occupants of the palace, adding that she had been impersonating him to dupe governors of huge sums of money.

The monarch, in a statement personally signed by him, alleged that the event of Sunday was meant to be a traditional rite to formally remove her as an Olori and to stop her from dressing as one.

According to him, the development angered her, because she did not want to be stripped of her status and resorted to vandalising his vehicle.

“Miss Bolanle Fadeyi was an Olori until about nine months ago. During the relationship, she proved to be unreliable, unfaithful and a pathological liar. She is wild, very promiscuous and engages in physical fights with every resident in the palace. She is a terror and became an embarrassment to the royal house of the Deji of Akure.

“The final straw was the termination of six months pregnancy as she was not sure of its paternity and that of her two other children for that matter. Consequently, she left, claiming that she wanted to live outside the palace as the rules and regulations were too stringent for her,” the statement read.

Adesina added that his estranged wife had continued to parade herself as an olori to the extent of defrauding people, including state governors, of money, claiming that he (Adesina) sent her.

The monarch said the accounts of the incident, as presented by Bolanle, were not correct as she was mentally ill.

Meanwhile, the Ondo State Council of Obas, on Thursday, suspended Oba Adesina from the council, following the alleged shameful street fight that he was involved in on Sunday.

The chairman of the council, the Olowo of Owo, Oba Folagbade Olateru-Olagbegi, while condemning the act, also dissociated the council from it.

According to a statement signed by the chairman after the meeting of the chieftaincy committee of the council, the decision to suspend Adesina from the council was taken after the examination of the available evidences.

Olateru-Olagbegi said the committee examined all available evidence and materials on the issue, including reports from newspapers, petition written to the council, the press releases from the Deji and other independent investigations on the issue.

The council observed that the incident was an unfortunate one, adding that such incident was strange to the sacred and exalted royal stools in the state.

Also, the Lisa of Akure, High Chief Folorunso David, has said that the days of  Oba Adesina were numbered in the palace.

Reacting to an allegation by the embattled monarch that he (Lisa) connived with Olori Bolanle to wage a press war against him, David challenged the monarch to address issues at hand rather than attacking personality.

High Chief David said the monarch was talking rubbish, as he had failed to justify his conduct, which was an abomination in the culture and tradition of the town.

Meanwhile, the state police command, on Thursday, said the case involving Oba Adesina was a criminal case and was being investigated by the command.

The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Alhaji Adeniran Aremu, in a statement,  said the state commissioner of police had set up a team which had already submitted its interim report on the incident.

The command, however, said it had uncovered a plot by some dissidents to foment trouble in Akure, warning that those planning to cause breach of public peace or protest in respect of the incident should refrain from doing so.

Also, the Ondo State government has said that it was disturbed by the public outcry that greeted the event from within and outside the state.

The Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Sule Akinsuyi, however, said the government was still studying the situation, as appropriate authorities were compiling their findings.

Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by o9999: 11:01am On Jun 04, 2010
thank God for iinternet and media of the 21st century. Else this would have been a buried case.

The fact that this is being discussed at all shows Nigeria is heading forward,

Imagine if there was no public outcry and face book / nairaland/ sahara reporteers carrying of this, the woman would have been another dead and buried case,
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by oluite(f): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2010
go get a better spin doc!lies,
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by warripekin(m): 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
Lame excuse from a tyrant .
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by skyndyp(f): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
I think the Obanimal is also a great liar. So i'll call him OBANIMALIAR grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by oge4real(f): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
This fool must go to jail.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by bisiaet: 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
Posters is there any sense in what this Obagoat is talking?

Did he evn know what he is talking about at all?
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by shadrach77: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
if what the oba is saying is true then maybe he is not entrely wrong - just because he is a man does not mean the lady in question was totally innocent
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by AndreUweh(m): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
bisiaet:

Posters is there any sense in what this Obagoat is talking?

Did he evn know what he is talking about at all?
It is not certain if Bolanle was guilty of the accusations levelled against her by the Oba. Forgery, fighting with neighbours, promiscuity etc. The Oba may be wrong in his actions but promiscuity is not tolerated in African palaces.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by matiltomd(f): 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
What an excuse from a brute,

I'll just advise him to shut up,
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by 007busman: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
This Oba is a foolish person i wish someone close to him can show him what nairalanders are writing about his animalistic behavior.In this modern age you are still seeing street fighting as a way to divorce your wife.I think he must be crown the OBA of monkeys in Idanre.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by kingrhirhs(m): 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
No excuse is gud enough for a man of that status to fight in public.
Two wrongs don't make
it right.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by bisiaet: 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2010
Pls for goodness sake can this guy [b]shraaaaaap! he is just making more mockery of himself by all these unfounded excuses. He fought as King in public place, he is know to be grand patron of hoodlums and thugs in the town, since he came to that sit as king he is being controversial from one incident to another, his wife was injured and near deformation during this fight and he is still talking what else has he got to say.

Has a king did he suppose to even left his palace for argument talkless of fighting and pouring hot ash on someone in her father house? He has passed his boundary.

To officially remove Olori title from someone is it in the street with hoodlums? Or is hot ashes or whatever they are carrying the right ritual for such? I think he must be joking by all these statement he made. His action is totally criminal to the core by any measure that is all he should dance to the music and pay the price.[/b]
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by sayso: 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2010
in the past,Kings have hanged,killed Queens when they show no respect to the Kingdom,if what the Oba said is any true,they should allow the king makers to deal with the issue.Things about the British Monarch,Spanish/Japan/Russia/Danish has never come out in the open.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by wazobiang: 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
you miss
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by bawomolo(m): 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2010
if what the oba is saying is true then maybe he is not entrely wrong - just because he is a man does not mean the lady in question was totally innocent

yup that sounds like a credible excuse to pour hot ashes on a woman. yeah that makes sense
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
Shameless Man!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Reptyle(m): 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
An Oba in Yoruba land is not considered "just a man." He is called "Ekeji Orisa" (Second only to the gods) and is treated as such. Whatever the woman may have done, he had absolutely no business going to confront her publicly up to the point of having his guards manhandle her. He demeaned his high office and thus deserves the flak coming his way.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Ojumiii(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
in the past,Kings have hanged,killed Queens when they show no respect to the Kingdom,if what the Oba said is any true,they should allow the king makers to deal with the issue.Things about the British Monarch,Spanish/Japan/Russia/Danish has never come out in the open.

So, Whats your point
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by oludashmi(f): 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
shadrach77:

He is lying against the woman to justify his action but whatever the case may be, is he supposed to be caught beating his wife even in the hidden less public fight? Thank God for the angry mob who beat him, remove his cap and destroyed his jeep.

If he, seen as the leader of the town do this, how then does he advise another man from beating his wife.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by dafman10(m): 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2010
sayso:

Ojumiii:

So, Whats your point

My thoughts exactly. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by kemisuga(f): 2:12pm On Jun 10, 2010
Okay Now. angry
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Outstrip(f): 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
Even if he is telling the truth he is still a murderer. This was premeditated. Who walks around with acid in their pocket. He got up, dressed himself, called his "wife" and then remembered to take his acid with him. They drove to someone's house and brutalized her and then fried her with acid. I don't know what in the world people are trying to justify
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by fredoooooo: 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
a fool, i gnorance is not an excuse in law court , even though what he said is through must he take the law to his hand , waiting to see how this will end .
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by porka: 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2010
Sorry to disappoint you guys. The Oba is an ally of the governor of Ondo State, Dr. Segun Mimiko. He enjoys the protection of the governor anyday. Recall that this same Oba was deposed not long ago by 26 out of the 27 member Akure Council of Chiefs and all traditional rites performed, but to the surprise of many, the governor waved all aside and asked him to continue in the palace. It will not be surprising to see this latest controversy fizzle out and the Oba continue to do and undo in Akure town.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by beeman80: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2010
The Oba didnt have to wait for it to get to this level.As it is, she has got most people on her side.Such conduct by an Oba is unacceptable.Its just like the President involving himself in a street fight.Obas,Governors,Presidents are all leaders and epitomes of peace not war.We must not also forget that women are weaker vessels,I know they could be provoking just like anyone. He has no excuse.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Falajuro(m): 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2010
Abi, them don set the guy up? Since im don "over-powerlise" himself, the other chiefs fit dey tell am say "bird wey wise well well, na back dem dey remove the intestine grin
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Exponental(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
we all know that power could be intoxicating.
"oba lo lohun gbogbo" and adage in yoruba translating as: the kings owns all.
it hink that was where he missed it.
poor him, a representative becoming an icon of dissappointment.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2010
Pls don't say a word, ok. . .
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
A man is able to say he fought his wife?
What a shame and this is the man that some people will go to for advice?
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by eros(m): 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
Deranged psychopathic deviant angry angry angry angry
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Ojumiii(m): 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
Being whatever he is, monarch or not, the man should be made to face the full force of the law nothing less.

That is the result of a corrupt system, getting the wrong people to an exalted position in our traditional institution, the wrong people in the right places

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) / Barbados Is Overwhelmingly Igbo / Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.