Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure (12069 Views)

Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding... / Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by SweetT1: 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2010
The idiot has been dethroned today!!!!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
make we stop marriages.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by picazy: 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
Finally, good riddance to Bad nonsense. End of Part 1, begining of Part 2 grin

Ondo govt removes Akure king

June 10, 2010 06:17PM
print email

(The Ondo State government has deposed the embattled Deji of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina Adepoju, three weeks after the monarch engaged in a fight with one of his wives.

Mr. Adesina had, on May 31, led a group of people to assault Bolanle Adesina at her house in Akure, an act which has been widely criticised by Akure indigenes and human rights groups across the country.
Following the incident, Akure kingmakers, on Sunday, declared Mr. Adesina unworthy of the throne.

The state government announced the removal of the monarch after its weekly executive council meeting in Akure, the state’s capital.

Yesterday, the Inspector General of Police, Ogbonoya Onovo, ordered an investigation of the matter and asked the state police command to charge the king to court for assault.)[quote][/quote]
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Outstrip(f): 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2010
Wow. I must say I am impressed. It shows that nobody is above the law. I was not expecting this especially so quickly. Up Ondo.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by udezue(m): 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
Good riddance. I am impressed.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by MrCartha: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
What else do we expect from a common tout come ala crowned thug?
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by member479760: 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2010
It's very difficult to understand what else the guy is waiting for when his ancestor had called him for long.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by babaowo: 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2010
the truth is that he suppose give some idols
palmoil, and he refuses thats why grin
foolishman
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by tpiah: 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2010
the high rate of drug usage among our leaders is very worrying. undecided
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by justmytot: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2010
just wonder why people are not asking the right questions!!!
How did he get there? was it not same Kingmakers that selected him?
Me-think the kingmakers shud be removed too!!! sad  angry
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2010

“Miss Bolanle Fadeyi was an Olori until about nine months ago. During the relationship, she proved to be unreliable, unfaithful and a pathological liar. She is wild, very promiscuous and engages in physical fights with every resident in the palace. She is a terror and became an embarrassment to the royal house of the Deji of Akure.

“The final straw was the termination of six months pregnancy as she was not sure of its paternity and that of her two other children for that matter. Consequently, she left, claiming that she wanted to live outside the palace as the rules and regulations were too stringent for her,” the statement read.

This is one arrogant animal. So why couldnt he have divorced her? He's oba is he not? He could have thrown her out.

Yet the weakling went to her house with some thugs to beat up his wife, burn her with coals and chemical substance. . . .degrading her majesty IN PUBLIC!

Was he also not with another woman? Egotistical, nonsensical peice of cow dung. Can you just imagine.

Anywaz, no one cares, he's been suspended. . . .and hopefully gets kidnapped and used as ebo (ritual) in the bush they exiled him to.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by r231(m): 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^^^^u dey vex o grin
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
The Deji for kuku dip the wife in a jacuzzi full of acid
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by mamagee3(f): 11:47pm On Jun 10, 2010
This animal is a skunk!

He mercilessly beats up his wife and then he comes out with some flimsy excuses with no accurate info.

What kind of daft, flawless leaders rule Nigeria?
angry
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by ogzille(m): 12:19am On Jun 11, 2010
Raises fist to blow Oba ***realizes im in my house*** angry angry
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Rexphobia(m): 12:25am On Jun 11, 2010
It's just one of the vices committed by some of the elites in our society, which more often that not get swept under the carpet.
Why didn't the Legislative arm petition the child 'LAMIDO' molester?
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by mamagee3(f): 1:19am On Jun 11, 2010
ogzille:

Raises fist to blow Oba ***realizes im in my house*** angry angry
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Adada1: 1:31am On Jun 11, 2010
It is a big shame that a man of such high social standing could use such brute force on his own wife whatever the reason is. It is a bigger shame that he could do so in public. The biggest shame is that he could seek to justify such a wicked act and also in public. He should bury his head in shame. Who does he think Nigerians are? How does he think we can accept such a cock and bull story? I continue to weep for the kind of leaders we have in Naija!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by boolarinwa(m): 2:46am On Jun 11, 2010
Nigerians undecided, I'm glad we r sayin our minds out shocked, yes dis "Obanimal" angry has messed up & hopefully he'll be brought 2his knees, non d less, lets not 4get he's a KING, meaning lets mind d way we project our Nations activity 2d rest of d World & not 4get as a KING he still deserves his R.E.S.P.E.C.T, He made a Huge mistake and i'm hoping by now, he is regreting his Actions and wishes this CURSE on him ends soonest cry, Naija till i die
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by tpiah: 5:31am On Jun 11, 2010
i wonder where he's being exiled to, and who's been chosen as the new regent.

is that throne open to just anybody who walks through the door?
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 7:25am On Jun 11, 2010
shadrach77:

if what the oba is saying is true then maybe he is not entrely wrong - just because he is a man does not mean the lady in question was totally innocent

You are retarded!

Utter slowpoke!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by KAYD007(m): 7:35am On Jun 11, 2010
Am one of those that fervently believe that there are better ways of dealing with one"s woman (be it a wife or just ordinary  grin  girl friend) assaulting her is not one of them except as an act of self defense  grin. therefore the act by the Deji should not be condoned. The woman too should not be spared.

Now, on the other hand, one would one would want to think,what could have made the Deji, an oba for that matter, descended so low? hmm! i hold that a good and virtuous woman would or should always at all times bring out the best in man. Going by that, the woman is a "terrible" woman! and a bad influence on the Oba!

long time ago when i was a kid, i learnt early when there is an altercation between a woman and the man, and the woman is  terribly wrong in the  matter that resulted to the altercation, and the man as a result raise his hand against her,the man automatically becomes the wrong party, this used to piss me off! and it still does as far as this Deji's case is concerned.Nobody seems to be looking at what the woman might have done to draw such violent reaction from the Oba, hence you see the women folks rising in support of their kind not minding to ask her "ore what did u to him? u cheated? slept with his friends or defrauded using his name as a bait ? but nobody gives a damn! The Oba has many wives, i know an oba is entitle to an household of wives, how come he just woked up one day and my office as an oba be damned, and assaulted her?

If am to adjudicate in the matter i would not spared one party and leave the matter!

my take.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by KAYD007(m): 7:47am On Jun 11, 2010
@shadrack77

that was ma take too.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by KAYD007(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2010
@shagamite

Shadrack77 assessment of the issue going by his response to the Deji's story is unbias.

Does that makes a slowpoke! angry u re begining*with strong Obasanjo yoruba intonation* to behave like the Deji himself! grin
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2010
KAYD007:

Am one of those that fervently believe that there are better ways of dealing with one"s woman (be it a wife or just ordinary  grin  girl friend) assaulting her is not one of them except as an act of self defense  grin. therefore the act by the Deji should not be condoned. The woman too should not be spared.

Now, on the other hand, one would one would want to think,what could have made the Deji, an oba for that matter, descended so low? hmm! i hold that a good and virtuous woman would or should always at all times bring out the best in man. Going by that, the woman is a "terrible" woman! and a bad influence on the Oba!

long time ago when i was a kid, i learnt early when there is an altercation between a woman and the man, and the woman is  terribly wrong in the  matter that resulted to the altercation, and the man as a result raise his hand against her,the man automatically becomes the wrong party, this used to piss me off! and it still does as far as this Deji's case is concerned.Nobody seems to be looking at what the woman might have done to draw such violent reaction from the Oba, hence you see the women folks rising in support of their kind not minding to ask her "ore what did u to him? u cheated? slept with his friends or defrauded using his name as a bait ? but nobody gives a damn! The Oba has many wives, i know an oba is entitle to an household of wives, how come he just woked up one day and my office as an oba be damned, and assaulted her?

If am to adjudicate in the matter i would not spared one party and leave the matter!

my take.

You are a cursed soul.

You are retarded.

Foolish slowpoke!

The thing that pisses me off the most is that grand cretins like you have a right to vote and your vote carries equal weight instead of being discarded.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-460968.0.html#msg6192597
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 8:04am On Jun 11, 2010
KAYD007:

@shagamite

Shadrack77 assessment of the issue going by his response to the Deji's story is unbias.

Does that makes a slowpoke!  angry u re begining*with strong Obasanjo yoruba intonation* to behave like the Deji himself! grin

Retarded foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, tell me what she could have done that justifies people going to her house to assault her and pour hazardous material on her.

You bloody cretin will excuse that?

You turn around and blame her that your fellow slowpoke calling himself Oba is a bullying thug?

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by KAYD007(m): 8:11am On Jun 11, 2010
@ mama gee

at ur quote
*This animal is a skunk!

He mercilessly beats up his wife and then he comes out with some flimsy excuses with no accurate info.

What kind of daft, flawless leaders rule Nigeria?*

u re an unredeemable jack ass! angry its the same daft,flawless leader that rule nigeria, that suspended him, then dethroned him, banished him from his area of influence and are probably going to prosecute him too, u alien! angry
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2010
KAYD007:

hmm! i hold that a good and virtuous woman would or should always at all times bring out the best in man. Going by that, the woman is a "terrible" woman!

I read this part again as your advocation, and I have to say, YOU HAVE A DISEASED BRAIN.

If you are in Lagos, go on Ikorodu road and beg a trailer driver to drive over you head and you should have arranged in advance with Lagos Waste Management Agency to be there to pour hot acid on whatever splatters out.

We need to eliminate your brain matter like if it is Terminator 4.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by debosky(m): 8:13am On Jun 11, 2010
Oga Saga that is extreme. grin
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by babsmii(m): 8:24am On Jun 11, 2010
now that he is no more the king, he can fight more in the public, at least no one is looking up to him anymore.
ode deji,
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 8:29am On Jun 11, 2010
debosky:

Oga Saga that is extreme.  grin

Some of these guys make me sick!

I can't believe someone will come in public and have a defence for a man going to pour whatever acid/hazardous matter on another human being. For WHAT?

Would the Oba try the same if it was Michael Tyson?

Somehow to these fooooooooooools it is OK to beat a woman if she annoys you.

No, sorry. Let me rephrase:

Somehow to these fooooooooooools it is a woman's fault if you beat her because she is responsible for bringing out the best in you. (no more your own responsibility)

WHAT A RETARD! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Hercules75(m): 8:47am On Jun 11, 2010
Well, I believe his issue has gone beyond normal. Things happen when U insult elders in Yoruba. No matter the height u arosed to in Yoruba land, U dont insult the elders, he deserved to be sent to prison

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Names Of These Animals In Your Language / Osun, Ekiti Highest In Female Genital Mutilation In Nigeria - Experts Lament / Glitz, Glamour Of Isinro Festival In Oke-ila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.