Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure (12048 Views)

Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding... / Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by zebra543: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2010
Lol the oba is definitely an ignorant one, he better go and get some lawyers and keep scthum! Lets assume she actually did all that has been accused, if she was mentally ill then that will be the reason right?? Then he still had no excuse to go and beat her up at home seemings she has a mental illness! Lets not forget she actually left the palace and he followed her home to do it!!!

*epic fail*

your royal majesty please try again!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by oludashmi(f): 9:44am On Jun 11, 2010
KAYD007:

Am one of those that fervently believe that there are better ways of dealing with one"s woman (be it a wife or just ordinary  grin  girl friend) assaulting her is not one of them except as an act of self defense  grin. therefore the act by the Deji should not be condoned. The woman too should not be spared.

Now, on the other hand, one would one would want to think,what could have made the Deji, an oba for that matter, descended so low? hmm! i hold that a good and virtuous woman would or should always at all times bring out the best in man. Going by that, the woman is a "terrible" woman! and a bad influence on the Oba!

long time ago when i was a kid, i learnt early when there is an altercation between a woman and the man, and the woman is  terribly wrong in the  matter that resulted to the altercation, and the man as a result raise his hand against her,the man automatically becomes the wrong party, this used to piss me off! and it still does as far as this Deji's case is concerned.Nobody seems to be looking at what the woman might have done to draw such violent reaction from the Oba, hence you see the women folks rising in support of their kind not minding to ask her "ore what did u to him? u cheated? slept with his friends or defrauded using his name as a bait ? but nobody gives a damn! The Oba has many wives, i know an oba is entitle to an household of wives, how come he just woked up one day and my office as an oba be damned, and assaulted her?

If am to adjudicate in the matter i would not spared one party and leave the matter!

my take.

I have read all your posts so far and find no sense in them!

How can you justify a man beating his wife at all not to talk in PUBLIC? Which means you can do the same and give useless excuses. This act alone shows he has no self control and not capable of ruling a town. If he is invited into a family dispute what will be his advise? Wont he order the man to beat his wife too?

Where comes his leadership when he can give reasons for beating his wife? Anyway, thank God he has been removed and arrested and the installation of another Deji of Akure is underway, lesson for others.

KAYD007, you need to grow!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 9:49am On Jun 11, 2010
oludashmi:

KAYD007, you need to grow!

NO!

He needs to beg a trailer driver and LAWMA.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Echidime(m): 9:59am On Jun 11, 2010
Can anyone give me his wife contact? I need to talk to her,to assist her deal with the animal call her husband
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 10:00am On Jun 11, 2010
Look at another TERRIBLE woman that brought out the worst in her man.

She is evil and deserve everything she got because she did not have the "good and virtuous personality that would or should always at all times bring out the best in her man".

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/crime-a-security/6476-how-husband-slaughtered-wife-

[size=18pt]How husband slaughtered wife [/size]

Tragedy struck in Lagos recently, when an aggrieved husband, Ayodele Oyetomi, stabbed his 30-year–old wife, Mrs. Omolara Oyetomi, (nee Bamiyowa)  to death.The suspect, an indigene of Okitipupa,  Ondo State and a member of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), while the deceased  hailed from Otan Aiyegbaju in Osun State and a  trader in herbs and root.

Crimes and Security gathered that the unfortunate  incident occurred at the family house of the deceased,  number 25, Bisiriyu Street, off Orisunmbare road, Shasha Akowonjo, in Agege community of the state.

It was learnt that trouble started when Oyetomi, attempted to lure his  wife  back to their matrimonial home after realizing his mistakes for sending her packing with their three children, Dorcas, Rachael and Benjamin,

Crime and Security further gathered that the woman who was said to have been devastated by the alleged inhuman treatment meted to her by her former husband, allegedly turned down his plea for reconciliation and sworn not to have anything to do with him again.

However gathered that Oyetomi refused to take the issue lightly with her and threatened to force her to marry him again, or in the alternative, eliminate her alongside his in-laws, for  instructing her not to marry him again.

Crime and Security further gathered that after much persuasion by  family members that the mother of three, agreed to allow Oyetomi, access to the children. But no sooner had the suspect gained access to the children, than he was said to have told his former wife to stop honouring invitation for outings without his permission.

The deceased was however said to have bluntly protested against it, stating  that they had separated as husband and wife, as the suspect was also said to have stopped performing his roles as a father.

In an interview with one of the elder brothers of the deceased, Mr. Femi Bamiyowa, he accused the suspect of irregular visits to their family house in Lagos, from his Ijoko, Ogun state residence, under the disguise of coming to visit his children and monitoring Omolara’s movements.

“Recently, on one of such visits to our residence, the suspect did not meet my late younger sister at home, but I was around when he arrived and he wanted to forcefully take one of the children to his place in Ogun state without the knowledge of  my sister.

“I refused to allow him go with the child, because there was no instruction to that effect from her that I should release the child to him whenever he came around.
He failed to reason with me on the issue and during the struggle between us he brought out an object underneath his dress and wounded me after which he escaped from our house,” said Femi.

He said the matter was reported at Afonka police station,  Agege, after which some police detectives were  detailed to effect the arrest of the suspect but to no avail, as he was said to have fled the areas for his residence in Ogun state before the arrival of the police operatives.

“Oyetomi later resorted to sending threat messages to our phones, stating that he was going to kill us one after the other, including his ex-wife.

Corrborating the statement, Taiwo Bamiyowa, also an elder brother to the deceased.“According to one of the children  who slept with her mother in the same room prior to the killing,  she said that her father moved closer to the bedside where her mother was fast asleep, brought out a sharp knife from his pocket and sliced her on the throat, while pinning her down with one hand and ensured that he snuffed life out of her.

He also stabbed the girl as she  raised an alarm, pleading with him not to kill her mother” said Taiwo.The bereaved elder brother however expressed regrets that his younger sister was slaughtered like a ram by Oyetomi, despite the insistence of the family members that he should stop coming to their house to beat her for refusing to marry him again.

Meanwhile, the suspect has since been transferred to the Homicide section of the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, Yaba, for further investigation, just as insider police sources at the station informed Crime and Security that the suspect was caught by some night guards on the street, near the scene of the crime, while attempting to escape.

him after five years of separation.“Infact I love Omolara, but she refused to reciprocate my love, by trying to marry someone else, it was too painful for me to bear the insult, after our marriage had produced three children, hence, my decision to kill her after which I intended to drink  poison. But to say the truth, I regret my action” said the suspect
Confirming the incidence, was the Spokesman of the Lagos State Police Command, Mr. Frank Mba, adding that the suspect would be arraigned and charged for conspiracy and murder at the conclusion of the Police investigation on the matter.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by saintalexo(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2010
what i don't seems not to comprehend is what actually made him(oba of akure) to indulge in such a despicable act irrespective of his statue in the society, what he did was wrong and whatever the olori in question did too, that made him act opprobriously is also unacceptable.
I think the duo has question to answer not only the oba!! undecided undecided
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 10:25am On Jun 11, 2010
saintalexo:

what i don't seems not to comprehend is what actually made him(oba of akure) to indulge in such a despicable act irrespective of his statue in the society, what he did was wrong and whatever the olori in question did too, that made him act opprobriously is also unacceptable.
I think the duo has question to answer not only the oba!! undecided undecided

Eminem once rapped: B[i]tch, are you retarded?

Explain to me how her supposed promiscuity or abuse of connections, as alleged, deserve some slowpoke to think he has a right to pour acid on her?
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by ud4u: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2010
Oh man thou art inexcusable
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by dreday(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2010
There's no excuse whatsoever for
1. Beating up a woman
2. Pouring hot ashes on her
And to make it worse,he couldn't do it somewhere private and coded where not even the other oloris would have known about it.
He should be prosecuted and the full weight of the law should fall on him.
He makes my skin crawl.
Like so many have said,he's no better than an animal amd even his lame attempts at an excuse makes him more of a beast.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Teminio: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2010
May we never witness a Deji like Oba Adepoju in Akure again.

I hope his dethronement will serve as a deterrent to others who believe wife battering is a sign of macho.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Xeon: 11:12am On Jun 11, 2010
PLEASE U GUYS GIV THIS GUY A GRIP ! LETS HEAR FROM HIS SIDE OF THE STORY

BC ITS A WOMAN DOSENT MEAN WE SHOULD CRUSIFY THE MAN ,HIS REASONS FOR HIS ACTIONS MIGHT HAVE BEEN TRUE <IF IT WERE ME TOO I WILL BEAT THE HELL Out OF THAT KIND OF STOBORN WOMAN ,IF NOT THE OBA HIMSELF WHOELSE WILL DEAR TO TOUCH HER ,SO ITS BETTER HE DID IT HIMSELF

SOME LADIES CAN BE SO STORBON HEADED undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Xeon: 11:15am On Jun 11, 2010

BC ITS A WOMAN DOSENT MEAN WE SHOULD CRUSIFY THE MAN ,HIS REASONS FOR HIS ACTIONS MIGHT HAVE BEEN TRUE <IF IT WERE ME TOO I WILL BEAT THE HELL Out OF THAT KIND OF STOBORN WOMAN ,IF NOT THE OBA HIMSELF WHOELSE WILL DEAR TO TOUCH HER ,SO ITS BETTER HE DID IT HIMSELF

Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 11:27am On Jun 11, 2010
Xeon:

Weyree!

Caused soul!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by dreday(m): 11:33am On Jun 11, 2010
Xeon:

Are you 4 real??
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Sagamite(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
The guy is an illiterate 419 slowpoke based on his AWFUL command of English and his numerous email addresses:

Xeon:

key skills
should be in asp.net , C++ ,vb.net and database Mssql

benefits
work with team of developers
Aquire more experience
oppotunity to travel abroad to meet with foreign counterparts
competitive renumeration

if you met up with our requirments then forward your c.v to

tonydone4u2003@yahoo.com
or call our customer care on 07029454630

best wishes

Xeon:

An IT firm suitiuated in Lagos Island requires the service of Sales Representatives and Marketing staffs

Jod Discribtion

Coperate marketing

get good commission on each deal you refer plus renumeration

send your c.v to tiheanachor@nicodep.com

best wishes

Xeon:

if you need Ms server 2008
send me your email at gozie_nwachrist@yahoo.com
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by idifu(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2010
he should shut his mouth,
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
not enough reason to beat a whole olori of a whole deji of akure my name sake
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by dinachi(m): 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2010
I dont know who between the wife and Deji that is speaking the truth but If peradventure the Deji is right then i have some sympathy for him, otherwise he belittled his stool. On the other hand, I should have expected someone of his clout and standing to have used more civilized and indirect means to tackle the matter at hand.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Outstrip(f): 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
So we are now sympathizing with people who pour acid on people. Clap for yourself
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
I dont know who between the wife and Deji that is speaking the truth[b] but If peradventure the Deji is right then i have some sympathy for him[/b], otherwise he belittled his stool. On the other hand, I should have expected someone of his clout and standing to have used more civilized and indirect means to tackle the matter at hand.

After pouring chemicals on someone you still have sympathy for him?
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by desthan(m): 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
shaaaraaap you raving brainless lunatic. . . . .
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2010
Outstrip:

So we are now sympathizing with people who pour acid on people. Clap for yourself
dayokanu:

After pouring chemicals on someone you still have sympathy for him?
Are you minding them?
It's obvious that some men on this thread wont hesitate to pour sulfuric acid on the mother of their kids.

There's no sense in arguing with this ppl. . . .
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Rastamann: 4:33am On Jun 12, 2010
No man has any reason whatsoever to fight and/or beat his wife in the public, talkless of a high profile king.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Outstrip(f): 4:40am On Jun 12, 2010
I wonder if the wife that came with him is facing any charges. The woman said that the wife also hit her. She should be charged also
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Nobody: 4:45am On Jun 12, 2010
Outstrip:

I wonder if the wife that came with him is facing any charges. The woman said that the wife also hit her. She should be charged also
I agree with you.

But I think the reason why all eyes are on Oba now is because he's supposed to be a leader. An important figure.

Even if they dont charge her, society will shun her. And I think that's worst than a court punishment.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Chiuba: 8:43am On Jun 12, 2010
Its really a shame.What example is he showing his subjects?To become woman beater?Gushhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by prettynice: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2010
no point. that hasnt given him the right to beat a woman not to talk of public thrashing. i am so ashamed of him.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by chardino(m): 11:22am On Jun 12, 2010
if no be 4 public you no go fight you wife again. plsssssssss
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by cystein(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2010
He beat a woman and he is still complaining? Ayayai,

Its like a mosquito calling for help after infecting a man with malaria! Dont think even Amadiora and his oracle can save him this time!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Orilee9ice(m): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2010
e gbo naa, This Remi Abiola (new wife) is she the Nollywood actress, Madam Kofo's sister?
if she is , thot she was better than that, shocked, Madam kofo speaks ijebu, so it might not be her sister then, hummmmmmmmmm , somebodi plez clarify!
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by tpiah: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2010
i wonder why there's a media blackout on this remi abiola.
Re: Why I Fought My Wife In Public –deji Of Akure by Orilee9ice(m): 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
@ tpiah
maybe it was a [i]"fighting sence for a nollywood movie", [/i]involving real pple this time, , hence the media black out, grin grin grin, , see pple are already talking about it b4 it premiere's, cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) / Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes / Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.