Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law (16138 Views)

President Buhari Signs The Covid19 Regulations (2020) / Fayose Signs 2018 Revised Appropriation Bill Into Law,Tells HoR 2 Support Fayemi / The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by gberra: 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
This National assembly has been the best so far, checking the excess of the Executive,as for Buhari slamming them,we all knw he always like to blame others.
I do not think a normal person will ever say something like this.

-truth burns

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
gberra:
I do not think a normal person will ever say something like this.
-truth burns
Only a zombie would say sometin like this.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by gberra: 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
lonecatt:
nothing extra ordinary said ,from his tone he sounds clueless he even went ahead to thank them .
he is not happy but still signed it . a very weak president
You just ended up making a fool of yourself

-truth burns

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by alsudaes1(m): 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
8. Unfortunately, that has not been given much regard in what has been sent to me. The National Assembly made cuts amounting to 347 billion Naira in the allocations to 4,700 projects submitted to them for consideration and introduced 6,403 projects of their own amounting to 578 billion Naira.

9. Many of the projects cut are critical and may be difficult, if not impossible, to implement with the reduced allocation. Some of the new projects inserted by the National Assembly have not been properly conceptualized, designed and costed and will therefore be difficult to execute.

This summarizes it all
I only hope amendments would be made later on

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good one.

Make I sidon de watch how my accounts go de bleeps as pepe don rest now for MDAs..

If dem still de tell me say no money no money....den Buhari don pack am giv APC, INEC and security agencies for election wuruwuru...next. Year.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by mejai(m): 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
Another achievement for buhari and apc. Budget signing.
ok ooo
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by asawanathegreat(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
Finally
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by Altern8(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
The National Assembly has no business adding projects to the budget. Who will monitor those projects? Who defended the rationale behind the projects on the floor of the house?

Money will be embezzled.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by Sunmolar(m): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
national assembly cut others and increased their own budget like all nigerians are coming to line up and collect his!her share

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by jossy4joseph(m): 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
Blame Blame Blame......it is no longer President GEJ it is now NASS
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by chukeobi: 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
A budget that has been signed into law.. ...what corrective supplementary budget is Mr. President making reference to that could retract the corruptive increment in d budget of the National Assembly carried out by same national assemblians.. .
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by NairaMaster1(m): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
"14. An example of this increase is the budget of the National Assembly itself which has increased by 14.5 billion Naira, from 125 billion Naira to 139.5 billion Naira without any discussion with the Executive."

Each senator get N1B per annum?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by Vokians(m): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2018
See cutting... I hope this will not result to excuse for non implementation later.
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by NairaMaster1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
Teewhy2:

what is the work of this National Assembly sef that like allocating more money to themselves, I think it is because of these monies that all these people turned the place to a retirement home. They will not force the government to increase minimum wage but will the executive to sign more money to themselves and still put projects that doesn't concern the federal government into it.
make them sha allow it have positive impact on we the people on the street.

You spoke well but one thing spoilt it.

"Projects that don't concern FG"

All projects concern the FG. Just that the NASS ought to communicate.

The work of the s NA is to make law and checkmate the excesses of the executive including the law that established your university and made it's certificate valid worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by LoveMachine(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
Our NASS is a collective of a special kind of demon from the worst part of hell. Rancid beasts parading as humans. I’m no PMB fan but they have done him nor us any favors. May terrible fortune befall all looters.
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by saiji: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
I hope Baba has learnt his lesson. Never again he shld say he has no interest in who lead the national assembly. Their plan is to make Baba administration miserable. God will not allow them to succeed . bunch of criminals

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by kitaatita: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
a. The provisions for some nationally/regionally strategic infrastructure projects such as Counter-part funding for the Mambilla Power Plant, Second Niger Bridge/ancillary roads, the East-West Road, Bonny-Bodo Road, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and Itakpe-Ajaokuta Rail Project were cut by an aggregate of 11.5 billion Naira.
i. The provision for Construction of the Terminal Building at Enugu Airport was cut from 2 billion Naira to 500 million Naira which will further delay the completion of this critical project.
j. The Take-off Grant for the Maritime University in Delta State, a key strategic initiative of the Federal Government, was cut from 5 billion Naira to 3.4 billion Naira.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by sexyanyabubakar(f): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
NairaMaster1:
"14. An example of this increase is the budget of the National Assembly itself which has increased by 14.5 billion Naira, from 125 billion Naira to 139.5 billion Naira without any discussion with the Executive."

Each senator get N1B per annum?

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by amaechi1: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
This National assembly has been the best so far, checking the excess of the Executive,as for Buhari slamming them,we all knw he always like to blame others.
Please, did you had time to read the post? Do you think the president concern are jamane or blaming? One would expect you verify if they are fact or politiking? I think the president should be commended for making this public so that you can hold both the Executive and NASS accountable.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by amaechi1: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
saiji:
I hope Baba has learnt his lesson. Never again he shld say he has no interest in who lead the national assembly. Their plan is to make Baba administration miserable. God will not allow them to succeed . bunch of criminals
I concur!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by lonecatt(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
gberra:

-truth burns
buhari is clueless just like his supporters a big disgrace to humanity. he is running the worst form of governance .
to be president no be by force
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by lonecatt(m): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
gberra:

-truth burns
buhari is clueless just like his supporters a big disgrace to humanity. he is running the worst form of governance .

he even opened his mouth to say that he was forced to sign the budget

to be president no be by force
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by Bon2r(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
Thank you baba for sharing us with this.......

One day gone for the NASS

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by sexyanyabubakar(f): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
Teewhy2:

what is the work of this National Assembly sef that like allocating more money to themselves, I think it is because of these monies that all these people turned the place to a retirement home. They will not force the government to increase minimum wage but will the executive to sign more money to themselves and still put projects that doesn't concern the federal government into it.
Summary of the big Grammar, each Senator is to take home 1Billion naira a year

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by vertueptime: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2018
Paperwhite:
Another padded budget again @ mid-year. undecided undecided What is the % attainment of the 2017 budget

Probably 35%
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by Grayxme: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good to hear about "reduction and addition" at this stage. When it is time to verify the additional projects and we can't find them on ground, people should not call it a "frame-up" when EFCC swing into actions accordingly. Buhari has signed the budget despite the additions, I believe he will revisit it for execution.

Good job Mr. President, well done.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by chispain: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
finally, MR PRESIDENT has signed the bill for the year 2018.
the best decision yet...
Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by mumisco4real(f): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
it is pathetic that the thieves milking our Treasury never meant well for this administration. they pay themselves heavy allowances for doing nothing. it is now left for Nigerians to decide who to vote for as legislators in the 2019 general election.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by Justinah4real(f): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
Teewhy2:

Re: Buhari Signs The 2018 Appropriation Bill Into Law by path2success: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
Mr. President, why all these excuses? Nigerians were expecting you to act as number one citizen and strictly used the power confirmed on you as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Why the National Assembly will be twisting the national budget without your consent, even if there are some things to be corrected or need adjustment, president should be advised on it. Since you're not aware of the adjustment and the budget not going along with your good intention, that bill should be returned immediately and let the Nigerians see your reactions rather than all these excuses after you have signed the bill into law.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari, VP Atiku, Sanwo-olu, Others Mourn Lateef Jakande / Peter Obi Celebrates Prof. Wole Soyinka On His 89th Birthday / India Must Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.