Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth (39083 Views)

Tecno Pouvoir 2 Problem / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Is The Worst Phone I Have Ever Used / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Unboxing -- A Phone With 5,000mah Battery! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by tafat: 6:58am On Sep 01, 2018
investigator007:
well thats like the main selling point and i think tecno mobile did a really good one at that.
Big time, this is a superb power device indeed
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by haryorbarmie83(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2018
This phone is really a machine, love it or leave it. Tecno pouvoir 2 is awesome both the system and the battery.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by Rubiesangel: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
This phone is really a machine, love it or leave it. Tecno pouvoir 2 is awesome both the system and the battery.
Its a great phone. simply put.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:44am On Sep 04, 2018
Good morning peeps, my pouvoir 2 just brought this update, has anyone here got the same update. Here is the picture below.

Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by Behankey(m): 11:08pm On Nov 03, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
Good morning peeps, my pouvoir 2 just brought this update, has anyone here got the same update. Here is the picture below.
anytime you get an official update, do Update it.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by omoalajah(m): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
nice and awesome review
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by missslimzy(f): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
i totally agree with you
haryorbarmie83:
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by datyorubaboy: 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
i total agree with you
haryorbarmie83:
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by datyorubaboy: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
I really love this review
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by steph2sweet(f): 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
tafat:
this pouvoir 2 is a superb device indeed
Pls what will you say about the camera quality, is it sharp?
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by investigator007: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2018
sure thing.5000mah is no small deal.
tafat:
Big time, this is a superb power device indeed
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by investigator007: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2018
the camera is cool,definitely not to be compared with that of the devices in the camon series.
steph2sweet:

Pls what will you say about the camera quality, is it sharp?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by juliet131(m): 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2018
TechyNigerian:

Yes it has a notification light and it heats up under serious intensive usage... Almost all phones heat up under certain conditions

Not all phones, cos I play games on tecno l8 plus from morning to night but no heating is experienced at all.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by juliet131(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2018
Vizzy4u:
heats up like pressing iron ba. My friends phone does that and it is a tecno. Crap product. Make em go this advance nations c if de no arrest em 4 sub-standard kini

To be frank, I'm using techno l8 plus, it is superb, no heating at all cos I play games for long hours, and the battery amused me alot cos it last for long. seriously I can say that techno phones are good especially the one I tested.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by juliet131(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2018
themodernman:

Bro why some people dey get fault with Tecno then? Rarely do you see people buy a new Samsung and complain not even up to a month after buying....

I'm typing with my Galaxy A5 I bought in January 2016. Na me wreck this phone to the point of even stepping on it sef....the screen don cracking yet the phone still dey bounce dey go!

I bet I'll kiss my Tecno goodbye with the harsh conditions I subject my gadgets to.

I don't buy things for pampering, I buy them to use the hell outta them till they work no more.

1st Phone Galaxy Note1- bought it 2012, used it till 2014 before the irreversible OS upgrade rendered every battery I bought for it useless cos of its high spec.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- bought 2014, used the hell out of it both for reading, browsing, gaming, receiving calls, chatting and everything else you can think of. Just woke up January 2016 to use it once more and the tin no on again grin. I patted it on the back and said welldone boy! You don try wella! And discarded it.

Samsung Galaxy A5- Walked into a Sammy shop the next day after my Note 10.1 burial and purchased this. It's been working since then even though I don barruff hin life wella! Enough falls, enough brushing. The tin no wan gree die.

And one tin about me, no matter how rich I am, if phone still dey work, I go dey use am go. But I really need to change this ASAP.

Now tell me which Tecno can endure all these hardship?

Abeg J7 Pro it is meen. Make God help hin pikin abeg. I go use that one too till hin kpai! grin grin grin

2years atleast for all my phone.

Mind you I don't even use casing or screen protector for my phones. Dem dey fall directly for ground and still bounce back, no shaking.

Tecno should pls take a seat and watch.

Samsung 80k, Tecno 45k and you want the same Quality.

Oversense na hin be our problem for this Naija...smh

To me a Samsung phone that last only 2yrs is not at all impressive. A techno phone can last till you get tired of it.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by steco4real: 9:14am On Dec 23, 2018
The phone is getting me freaked out lately. The internal memory always get exhausted, always saying internal storage running out. I have almost Uninstalled all my important apps, yet. I have 8g external memory card and all my music and videos are in the external m card, yet. I can't seem to find what has been eating this useless phones memory. I have even formatted it once, and after sometime the issue started up again. In my opinion, for this frustrating issue, because it reduces the functionality, this phone is useless.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by omoalajah(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
amazing review i absolutely fell in love
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by missslimzy(f): 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2018
i really like what am seeing.... nice review
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by datyorubaboy: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
This phone got nice specifications
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by Najyin(m): 12:10am On Feb 18, 2019
Thanks bro. Just watched your review of the pouvoir 2. I'm not really a heavy game player. Satisfied with the others. But please does it have a compass app for directions ? Thank you in advance.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by Freelancerx: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
the battery life is very good, check the apps you on and you said ur is alawys on. check your background apps also
mulan21:
I bought one last 2 weeks. I tot d battery life will wow me...but no....am still observing sha.anyway I don't off my data.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by Nobody: 5:00am On Apr 22, 2019
Precixx:
Please, does it consume RAM fast, like how many percent does it consume on standby, how many do I get to use

And I dont play online games, but I play offline hd games, can it play it flawlessly

It consumes mkre than half d ram on standby... Mad scam. I even doubt the 3gb ram it claims.

Modify: 28th April: this phone is the definition of trash... I regret every buying it.

Na the theifs wey collect my Samsung s8 i blame... Due to urgency, i couldt buy another samsung.

The phone heats up like say fire dey inside.

Just this morning, i was playing song with this trash of a phone, all of a sudden, speaker became very low.

I am a heavy user and my data hardly goes off...

Was thinking tecno has changed but nah, they are worst now.

The only test remaining for me to check, is their supposed warranty of 12 months, it has bot even been a month i got dis phone.. The carton is even still on top my reading table..

I am disappointed � seriously.

Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
YhungPablo:
I'm so happy to make this comment on FP . Please do not buy this phone,my brother recently bought it at the slot. After few days he wanted to on it again. Then the phone hanged. And refuses to On. Then he went back to slot several times,nothing was done nor they gave him another phone. They told him that the software to flash it isn't available yet since its a new phone. Can you imagine. The person At the slot only gave him his small phone to be using and ask him to come back next week Tuesday for the next excuse I guess.. lipsrsealed

From 2017 i stopped buying anything from tecno, itel or infinix.. I regret going back to this trash

I even made a thread about their substandard nature... I have never regretted a purchase this much
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by atheistandproud(m): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2019
I bought my LA7 from pointek stores for 44k in July 2018. I am about to give it to my younger brother and join the Redmi Note 7 train. Here's my review.

Camera: For a cheap 13MP sensor on an entry level smartphone. The camera is more than impressive. It doesn't stack up to more expensive 12mp cameras on flagships but the camera dey try.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by atheistandproud(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2019
Battery: This is the selling point of the phone. I am a heavy user. I use my phone as my workstation. I have MS word installed and can type for hours using a PC USB keyboard connected via OTG. I play PUBG, Nova Legacy and DLS all online and all heavy games for hours. When I first bought it, it lasted nearly 48 hours with very heavy use. Now it lasts about 18 hours or so on heavy use. It has never dropped battery while the screen was asleep.

Performance: It uses a quad core Mediatek 6737 processor that maxes out at 1.3GHz. My friend criticized me for buying it but till date, it's handled every PUBG update well, as well SIM city, Dream league soccer, Nova, and work apps like Microsoft Word, MS office scanner, et al.
Down side, you have to clear the ram and cache manually after every use to ensure it runs smoothly. Keep every unused app in the freezer. If not, the phone will freeze and reboot.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by atheistandproud(m): 11:18am On Apr 30, 2019
Connectivity: It has an okay array of connections including OTG, BT, 4G, WiFi, USB tethering, dual sim slots and SD card, and hotspot.

Design and Ergonomics: The phone is built with plastic, has a metal frame, looks like a 2018 premium phone be careful whilst carrying it about make boys no change am for you. no gorilla glass protection, get a screen guard asap. it's curved and heavy and can survive minor falls. my phone don fall well well sha.
That's all.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by donMIG(m): 6:23pm On May 03, 2019
I here ppl talk all this crap about la7...i dont know where u got urs from
Ive got 2 friends rocking this machine
No glitch
Im loving mine and am heavy wit usage too
This fone b some dope stuff
I hear ppl come up in hia talking cr#p
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by DeXency91: 11:57pm On May 07, 2019
7th May 2019
Please I want to buy Tecno Pourvoir Pro 7... How good is it? I am having a double mind... Help
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by atheistandproud(m): 12:11am On May 08, 2019
DeXency91:
7th May 2019
Please I want to buy Tecno Pourvoir Pro 7... How good is it? I am having a double mind... Help

It's okay.
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by shiftback: 1:18pm On May 08, 2019
DeXency91:
7th May 2019
I haven't used it but I've seen it in everytime i go to spar, its a nice looking phone for sure.
Check this thread im sure you'll meet users there

https://www.nairaland.com/4840385/tecno-official-discussion-thread/4
Re: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Review - The Honest Truth by Freelancerx: 8:43pm On May 09, 2019
It is a very good phone, you will enjoy it
DeXency91:
7th May 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone / Share A Screenshot Of Your Home Screen!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.