Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] (23269 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Presents 28 New Buses To All Tertiary Institutions In Oyo / President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate / Buhari Appoints 4 New Judges For Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by VULCAN(m): 11:49am On Jun 21, 2018
Your ignorance of how life works is rather deep.

What's sad is the likes you received which shows that BMC's are becoming more active on Nairaland.

Even in the US, political considerations take preeminence when The President picks Supreme Court judges. No conservative President will ever pick a Liberal Judge or vice versa for reasons which I can't be bothered to explain to you.

Tinubu fought tooth and nail against attempts to remove Salami, the judge who gave APC most of their victories in the south West. Fortunately, he lost.

gberra:
An Idiot is talking about political compensation. Judicial appointments ain't a steak of political compensation.. You can't be more daft.

-truth burn
Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by franchasng: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2018
Xander85:

You're sounding more crafty by the minute!

So b'cos the ethnic grps you mentioned are either not aware of you lots bigotry and avarice, or are aware but decide to keep quiet for whatever reason, then it therefore means i and other Igbos should keep quiet abi? That's what you want and this is why you and yours despise Igbos so....them 'pesky inyamiris' just wouldn't shut da fuc/k up and accept the 'slave status' you designated for them after the uncivil war!

Should Igbos now react to issues based on what the ethnic grps you mentioned do or don't do?

In all other spheres and endeavours (sports, academics, entertainment, technology, diasporan achievements, etc) Igbos excel, but when it comes to your useless Nigeria with its cheating, quota-system and bad-belle, what do we see? We see that Hausa/Fulani greedily cornering all the 'juicy' appointments or are disproportionately represented to the disadvantage of the others!

Remind me again, do we have three major ethnic groups or not? If we do, what are their names, and are they being treated equally...esp' in your Buhari gov't?

Dude, it's ok to admit that Igbos are being shown pepper for daring to give Buhari a miserable 5% in 2015 (though i think his hatred for Ndigbo is much more complicated than that), i'll accept it and move on! You need to own your bigotry and hate...stop pretending to be fair-minded and neutral b'cos you're not!
...and so long as Igbo tribe is being marginalized in the Nigerian politics and political appointments, Nigeria will remain a no-do-well nation. Nigeria will keep struggling with corruption, ineptitude, backwardness, unprofessionalism and everything that drags a nation backward.

You can't expect to develop a nation by marginalizing a majority tribe who are the backbone of the nation's economy and are very smart than you....it doesn't work and will never work.

That is why Nigeria will never develop beyond what we have today....marginalization and cheating of minority tribes and other majority tribes like Igbos will never allow Nigeria to become a developed, great nation most Nigerians desire, it can't work.

Go to USA, UK, Germany, China, Gabon, Chile, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Finland, Greenland, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Poland, Russia, Cambodia, Brazil, Argentina, India, Brunei, Sao Tome, Swaziland, Scotland, Jamaica, Mauritius, Cape Verde, etc, etc Igbos emerge best graduating student, Igbos are leading in their economy, Igbos and Yorubas are leading in their schools, military, corporate entities, businesses, trade and what have you...you will never hear an Hausa or Fulani man emerging best student in UK, USA, Russia, Germany, France...you will never hear an Hausa or Fulani man becoming something great in foreign nations, but in Nigeria, Hausa Fulani become so smart and wise that they are the only intelligent and most qualified people to be appointed as:

Minister
SA
PA
Chief Judge
Chief Justice
President
VP
Service Chief
CBN directors
NNPC MDs and CMDs....and you still wonder why Nigeria remained a joke of a nation even after over 50yrs of independence

Let's continue fooling ourselves angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by VULCAN(m): 11:55am On Jun 21, 2018
Interestingly, you have just proven his point.

Hausa gets 92% of these appointments in a country where all the tribes you mentioned(and others) are represented on the Bench but overlooked for promotion.

BMC, Keep working hard for your allawee. At least Hausa will not dominate us forever. Oppression get expiry date

GavelSlam:

Will you get out of here with your pettiness?

How many Calabar, itsekiri, Urhobo, Plateau, Jukun, Ilaje, Nupe etc names did you extract from the list?

Some of you are just miserable by choice.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by Enice(m): 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
legitnow:

NOBODY REPRESENTING THE SS.SE.

NORTHERNERS EVERYWHERE

U WONDER Y HE WANT FULANI HERDSMEN TO KILL ALL OTHER TRIBES AND TAKE THEIR LAND.
liar, which tribe bear Ebiowei Tobi. Ijaws and they are from SS
Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by Enice(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
frankwyte:
The court of justices have 8 seats! Now this is what I call Nepotism
Nepotism by who? The calabar man that nominated them? Or you think Buhari can appoint a judge that is not nominated by the NJC? If you don't know, the CJN is from Cross Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by tomakint: 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
Xander85:

So b'cos the ethnic grps you mentioned are either not aware of you lots bigotry and avarice, or are aware but decide to keep quiet for whatever reason, then it therefore means i and other Igbos should keep quiet abi? That's what you want and this is why you and yours despise Igbos so....them 'pesky inyamiris' just wouldn't shut da fuc/k up and accept the 'slave status' you designated for them after the uncivil war!

Should Igbos now react to issues based on what the ethnic grps you mentioned do or don't do?

In all other spheres and endeavours (sports, academics, entertainment, technology, diasporan achievements, etc) Igbos excel, but when it comes to your useless Nigeria with its cheating, quota-system and bad-belle, what do we see? We see that Hausa/Fulani greedily cornering all the 'juicy' appointments or are disproportionately represented to the disadvantage of the others!

Remind me again, do we have three major ethnic groups or not? If we do, what are their names, and are they being treated equally...esp' in your Buhari gov't?

Dude, it's ok to admit that Igbos are being shown pepper for daring to give Buhari a miserable 5% in 2015 (though i think his hatred for Ndigbo is much more complicated than that), i'll accept it and move on! You need to own your bigotry and hate...stop pretending to be fair-minded and neutral b'cos you're not!

Stop engaging that kid he will only give you stomachache with his infantile rantings. Avoid engaging him, thanks though for the schooling.
Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by HotMata: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
This is all about national progress and development. I believe that by now the Presidency is used to people laying unreasonable and unchecked comments on its appointments. I stand to say that the President Buhari is doing all he has been doing for the ultimate good of the citizenry. and to those barking that the appointment are one sided, you should take time to check the records of these appointees, they are cut across nation equally and fairly. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by omoelerin1: 1:29pm On Jun 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

Continue your cries.

From a list of 28 Names 2 are Igbo with 26 still distributed across the Nation. Yet, you are not satisfied.

All Nigerian tribes excel and trying to make yours superior in any way is quite silly.

The NJC is an independent body. So, coming to make this political when the names were indeed forwarded to him, tells how biased and clannish you must be as a person.
Leave that silly alone I beg. Igbo are too sentiment. It is their nature. You will see a well educated Igbo fellow, talking like an illiterate due to tribal sentiment that has beclouded his sense of reasoning.

Shebi there are Igbo among the NJC members, let him go and ask them whether they were sleeping when the appointments were being made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by omoelerin1: 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
legitnow:

NOBODY REPRESENTING THE SS.SE.

NORTHERNERS EVERYWHERE

U WONDER Y HE WANT FULANI HERDSMEN TO KILL ALL OTHER TRIBES AND TAKE THEIR LAND.
I forget that High Court Justices are now representing their individual regions. So that protection of the interests of their people will be primary while the law and constitution will be secondary.
Akuri.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by legitnow: 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
mfm04622:

Such appointments are based on vacancies from states. IfSouth South and South East were not appointed mean those regions have filled their slots

omoelerin1:
I forget that High Court Justices are now representing their individual regions. So that protection of the interests of their people will be primary while the law and constitution will be secondary.
Akuri.

EXCUSES UPON EXCUSES!
Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by Jaideyone(m): 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
Xander85:

I wonder why you don't insist on quota system for the super eagles team too. we can see how the Ibo dominated super eagles excelled in front of the world

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by sexyanyabubakar(f): 11:44am On Jun 22, 2018
Riodiao:
they've started planning for 2019 election tribunals and appeal. this is what Gej failed to do and pdp loyalist Like olisa metuh we're being harrased. Gej fall our hand

Re: Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] by mfm04622: 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
omoelerin1:
Akuri.

All of you talking and complaining without understanding issues!!! Lol

Presidents don't appoint judges! It is the National Judicial Council that selected judges and the list of judges to be appointed are just forwarded to the President who then announce the list. The President have power to reject selected judges but cannot put any judge on the list. So why are you blaming Buhari?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Swears-in National Assembly Service Commission Members / "We Didn't Hoard COVID-19 Palliatives" -Cross River Govt / Aminu Suleiman: Cheque For Bola Tinubu Nomination And Expression Forms Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.