Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones (1810 Views)

How Much Do This Phones Cost? / Which Of This Phones Should I Buy / Which Of This Phones Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones by lawalosky(m): 9:57am On Jun 22, 2018
Whatsapp has quietly announced that its app will soon stop working on a bunch of iPhones and Android phones.

The Facebook-owned messaging service currently boasts 1.5billion users worldwide, but it will cut off millions from its platform in the next two years.

WhatsApp sneakily revealed the purge in an update to an old blog post titled "support for older operating systems".

In it, the company says it will nix support for the following systems on February 1, 2020:
Android Gingerbread versions 2.3.7 and older.
Users of those operating systems can no longer create new WhastApp accounts, but will be able to use the app until the deadline.

What's more, the app could stop functioning at any time, so maybe it's time to buy a new phone.

Android Gingerbread launched in 2010 and still makes up for 0.3 percent of Android's market share – which amounts to roughly six million devices.

Back in December, WhatsApp ended support for BlackBerry OS (including BlackBerry 10) and Windows Phone 8.0 and older.

The iPhone 3GS is one of the phones that no longer supports WhatsApp
This is what the fill list of operating systems that are no longer supported by the app now looks like:

Android versions older than 2.3.3
Windows Phone 8.0 and older
iPhone 3GS/iOS 6
Nokia Symbian S60
BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10
If you use these older versions, WhatsApp recommends updating to the one of the following operating systems:

Android running OS 4.0+
iPhone running iOS 8+
Windows Phone 8.1+
"Once you have one of these devices, simply install WhatsApp and verify your phone number on the new device. Keep in mind that WhatsApp can only be activated with one phone number on one device at a time," writes WhatsApp.

"There's currently no option to transfer your chat history between platforms. However, we provide the option to send your chat history attached to an email

1 Share

Re: 2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones by lawalosky(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2018
Re: 2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones by modaink333: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2018
nearly

1 Like

Re: 2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones by purpledove(m): 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2018
Ehya

1 Like

Re: 2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones by Kalapizim(m): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2018
good one.

1 Like

Re: 2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones by DeBrain045(m): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
mtchwwwwwwwww.
Re: 2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones by lawalosky(m): 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2018
DeBrain045:
mtchwwwwwwwww.
gringringrin 2.3.3 version spotted..
Re: 2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones by donshady(m): 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2018
I buy Amazon Gift Card with cash and debit receipt,
I also buy Amazon gift card with no receipt.
I BUY iTunes gift card (Physical card and E-code)Walmart gift card.
EBay gift card.
Steam Wallet gift card
Google play card
FAST PAYMENT BEST RATES
I BUY BULK AND SINGLE Card.
Call/WhatsApp
Re: 2020: Whatasapp Will Stop Working On This Phones by judedave181: 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
Who told you what'sapp is not working on BB10. My Z30 still balling, I what'sapp and I do send pictures.

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is The Hot 8 Phone?(users’ Experiences) / Sendwave Or Worldremit? / Ebay For Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.