Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup (9725 Views)

Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by CLT123(m): 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2010
Ideye Brown highlights. He's pretty good

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6TrDSCCzRM
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by honeric01(m): 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2010
I never liked his style of play in the first place, so his lost, our gain.

all the same, he should get well soon so he can head back to Chelsea.

meanwhile, i want to see someone creative take his place and i think Ideyen is a good sub.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by knick(m): 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
@Those who has been complaining about Anichebe's exclusion from the team, It's been confirmed that he would be sidelined for 3weeks with a cracked shin,doe we miss him,

enough of these crying and noise from Nigerians. We too dey complain. Its sickening
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by 9ja4eva: 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2010
Good Riddance to bad Rubbish.Mikel ko Obi ni

Ideye show them what you can do.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by hollandis(f): 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2010
@knick shey you br foo.l ni?
who is crying ova ancihebe .shey u dey read comment ni?
pple are divided on mikel's relevance and u dey post for ur anus.Anyway my quest is what criteria did lagerback use to bring ideye?  
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by knick(m): 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2010
So glad to hear that Jon Obi Mikel, one of our finest will be making a return against the North Koreas on Sunday.
How I must warn him and the rest of the players to play safe.
It is indeed alarming the rate at which some influential players are getting injured in friendlies or training with few days to the WC showdown proper.
Imagine how painful when we lost IK uche and Victor Anichebe for selection, and how Michael Essien missed for Ghana due to injury lay-offs,
You can imagine the list, Milito (Arg), Ferdinand (Eng), Pirlo (Ita)e.t.c.[/color]!!!,

I watched and saw how Brazil, Germany, Spain and Mexico played safe against Zimbabwe, Bosnia-Herzegovina, South Korea and Italy respectively.

I will advise our dear super Eagles players to play safe against the North Koreas on Sunday with a view to perfect team strategies and tactics for the showdown proper.

Also, I don’t give a hike about our chances with Argentina on June 12.
Win, draw or loss, The match does not bother me much.
My concern is to get the remaining 6 points from Greece and South Korea respectively.
With this dream come true, we can move from there with a possible team up against the likes of Uruguay, France or South Africa in the 2nd round.

God no dey sleep!!![color=#000099]
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by johndavid1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by eros(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2010
Well, for me its good riddance to Mikel. I never liked his style of play anyways. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by samdigo(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2010
sombody cursed chelsea, all their stars are out , mikel, ballack, essien,maybe drogba
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2010
CLT123:

The guy is not injured. He is scared or reinjuring it. I wont be suprised if someone from Chelsea called him and pursuaded him not to play for Nigeria.

CLT123:

Look at Mikel's career. He has been known for not being patriotic about his country. The guy did not want to play for Nigeria in the olympics. Im not saying the guy is not injured. Im just saying his injury is not bad enough that he will miss the World Cup. Look at Drogba. He wants to play with a broken elbow.

You know that?

Another typical, moronic Nigerian conjecture!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by surugede(m): 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2010
when they said Anicheb, Apam and ike uche were xcluded bc of injury, I asked what of Mikel. I stilll dey doubt if that list was prepared by lager beer the said yea then i talk say he don fall my hand be that

(supper) Chiken ( peper soup) with Lager beer ( if u say na lagerback na u sabi) will be a nice delicay on a south Afriacan beach,
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2010
surugede:

when they said Anicheb, Apam and ike uche were xcluded bc of injury, I asked what of Mikel. I stilll dey doubt if that list was prepared by lager beer the said yea then i talk say he don fall my hand be that

(supper) Chiken ( peper soup) with Lager beer ( if u say na lagerback na u sabi) will be a nice delicay on a south Afriacan beach,

If it was Amodu that dropped Ike Uche because of injury but yet took Mikel that just had surgery, and then Mikel now pulls out, you will see all of them coming here to rain curses that "HE IS CLUELESS".

A whiteman does so, they all keep quiet.

And when I was attacking people that they were morons with the lame excuses they were using against Amodu, they would say I am being too harsh.  undecided

The reason majority of the critics of Amodu disliked him was that, subconciously, they prefer and feel more assured when seeing a whiteman in control. Not Amodu's competence, they did not believe a blackman can lead the SE so they criticised like utter foooooools. His competence was adequate!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by honeric01(m): 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
Sagamite:

If it was Amodu that dropped Ike Uche because of injury but yet took Mikel that just had surgery, and then Mikel now pulls out, you will see all of them coming here to rain curses that "HE IS CLUELESS".

And when I was attacking people that they were morons with the lame excuses they using against Amodu, they would say I am being too harsh.  undecided

The reason majority of the critics of Amodu disliked him was that, subconciously, they prefer and feel more assured when seeing a whiteman in control. Not Amodu's competence, they did not believe a blackman can lead the SE so they criticised like utter foooooools. His competence was adequate!

Kapish!!!

if it was Amodu that picked Utaka ahead of other regular playing players, he would be tagged as a foolish man.

some Nigerians are the most out of touch people on earth! very self hating!!!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by BloodShed1: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
Woah!!!

Not like I care much for Mikel, but I don't like how all these players are picking up serious injuries and the tournament hasn't even started yet.
But isn't it interesting that they lie about what's actually a minor injury that Anichebe picked up, but chose to keep Mikel who was seriously injured?

And this was the best chance to call Rabiu Ibrahim or Victor Anichebe.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by CLT123(m): 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
You know that?

Another typical, moronic Nigerian conjecture!

What are you talking about. Mikel said it himself.

"We have dropped Mikel from the World Cup squad after he told the team he did not want to put his career at risk"
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2010
Sagamite:

And when I was attacking people that they were morons with the lame excuses they were using against Amodu, they would say I am being too harsh.  undecided

For Christ sake forget this Amodu this Largerberg stuff, it now getting irritating,you must put it in all the sport thread u comment relating to naija.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by sley4life(m): 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2010
SE wont miss Mikel
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2010
CLT123:

What are you talking about. Mikel said it himself.

"We have dropped Mikel from the World Cup squad after he told the team he did not want to put his career at risk"

Which may mean, they are rushing his recovery and he does not want to risk his career.

The same thing CIV want to do to Drogba now.

I don't know what slowpoke in NFF thought it was a good idea to release that statement in the first place.

safex101:

For Christ sake forget this Amodu this Largerberg stuff, it now getting irritating,you must put it in all the sport thread u comment relating to naija.

You need to have been on NL from Nov 2009 to end of Jan 2010 and come and see the lame, daft, stewpid, moronic reasons some bunch of people were spewing here to understand why I keep on going about this.

Most are shutting up now as my clairvoyance and accusations are being vindicated.

Believe me, if Amodu was in charge, some foooool would have come here to say Mikel dropped out because he was not motivated by Amodu being in charge, that Amodu cannot motivate his team. grin
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Rhydem: 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2010
Sagamite:

Abeg, please don't talk rubbish on this Nairaland URL. If it had been Siasia (Who I can confirm is also a blackman) even if he had just based his team around the Olympics team (leaving key players such as Mikel out) I would have been assured, in the sense that he knows what he is doing - whereas fool Mumudu did not have a clue. How can fool protect fool then call others fools?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2010
Rhydem:

Abeg, please don't talk rubbish on this Nairaland URL. If it had been Siasia (Who I can confirm is also a blackman) even if he had just taken the Olympics team I would have been assured, in the sense that he knows what he is doing - whereas fool Mumudu did not have a clue. How can fool protect fool then call others fools?

slowpoke, do you understand the meaning of "majority"?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2010
Sagamite:

You need to have been on NL from Nov 2009 to end of Jan 2010 and come and see the lame, daft, stewpid, moronic reasons some bunch of people were spewing here to understand why I keep on going about this.

Most are shutting up now as my clairvoyance and accusations are being vindicated.

Believe me, if Amodu was in charge, some foooool would have come here to say Mikel dropped out because he was not motivated by Amodu being in charge, that Amodu cannot motivate his team. grin

I have been here then, just don't post alot, i know u love Amodu but just give it up now,Lagerberg is the new Coach support him till he is here.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tundekas(m): 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2010
some people need to grow up here. u dont insult people just because they dislike a player style of play. but personally, we are going to miss mikel in the team. hes one good player that wins ball and can hold on. ideye brown is a better replacement
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Kgdavid(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
i think ibrahim might have been a better option than yet another striker
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by GOZILLA(m): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2010
He is nothing but a panel beater.we won't miss him!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2010
Sagamite

u are more learned than dis rubbish u are performing . . .leave dat matter until after d WC would u ? And pls tell Honeric to stop fellating on u !!!

Half of Amodu's players were injured, what did he do ?

Coaches give room for certain players to recuperate case in Kieron Dyer in 2002, so what LB isnt out of place considering that Mikel is the player out of em all that plays 4 d best club and defo d most consistent !
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tunde1200(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
though i dont like mikel and i dont hate him as well. but the guy is not good to my own understanding he s too sluggish on the ball and he doesnt deliver in time, thank god his out we go go far for this tournament. smiley
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:50pm On Jun 05, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Sagamite

u are more learned than dis rubbish u are performing . . .leave dat matter until after d WC would u ? And pls tell Honeric to stop fellating on u !!!

Half of Amodu's players were injured, what did he do ?

Coaches give room for certain players to recuperate case in Kieron Dyer in 2002, so what LB isnt out of place considering that Mikel is the player out of em all that plays 4 d best club and defo d most consistent !

Me?

I am in full support of Lagerback 100%. He is SE coach, I am SE supporter. My only team.

It is just a beauty to watch all the points I laid down being vindicated.  grin Everything I said about behaviours are being displayed.

And was Amodu not vituperated because some players he selected were injured? And when he selected Yobo that was recovering was he not slaughtered by some on NL? But when Lagerback does similar . . . . . . . .[stifled silence]. As I predicted when it is a whiteman. He must know what he is doing. Then we rationalise it. grin

Are you calling me and Hone gay? I hope you know my views on gay?  angry

I will leave Honerico to deal with you. It is normal for people to admire my post and I know you are my No 1 fan, stop pretending.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by oyebanji(m): 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2010
I can't understand how easy it is for people to pour venom on fellow humans.

I think as youg people, and most importantly we should learn to look for good sides of fellow humans.

It makes us decent and peaceminded people.

Thanks
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by dipo2much(m): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2010
Personally,i'm not a fan of mikel. I dont like his style at all. Its nice to watch someone else replace him,and one who can possibly score goals when handed the opportunity. Mikel has shown before that he doesnt really giv a foc about playing for the super eagles,even if he wasnt injured,he wont play well until its a must win game. so why d fuc are people unhappy?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by MAYOWAAK: 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2010
Kgdavid:

i think ibrahim might have been a better option than yet another striker

FIFA regulation states that you can only make a replacement from the original thirty(30) man list.So those clamouring for Rabiu Ibrahim's inclusion should forget the idea.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2010
Opeee ooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by drbiola(m): 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2010
Chidi and Purestboy abi na Obi, na God go punish una two for displaying ur numb skull head at this forum.

U spoilt may inquisitive reading, Goats.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

U20 WWCQ: Falconets Thrash Central African Republic (CAR) 7 - 0 In Douala / 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread / Messi, Mbappe, Other Nominees For Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.