Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Please Help; I'm Too Shy - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help; I'm Too Shy (31313 Views)

Once Bitten, Twice Shy - 1st Term School Fees / Help, I'm Afraid I Could Be Expelled From School After 3 Years / CR7 Just 2 Goals Shy Of Messi's World Record Year At This Stage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
nabegibeg:

Dey form ARO for hall 3 boys hostel and go to the blocks near Anao lane close to hall 2, female hostel and start to dey misbehave

After all these I mentioned your shyness will disappear

Unfortunately, I stay off campus
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
SirBunky85:
so,how u take toast ur present girlfriend?

I don't have any:-]
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
Jarus:

You may find this helpful.
Thanks a lot jarus
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
QuietHammer:
Stop masturbating
I don't masturbate
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
mykell56:
am also a 100l student of uniben...let's hook up

Sure.
I'm in engineering

Message me in WhatsApp 0&9&0&2&9&1&1&0&7&0&8
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
Habiodunz:

I asked him not you undecided
I'm just the opposite
With 4 brothers and no sister
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2018
ImaIma1:

cheesy

In any case, masturbating does more harm.

It is funny how the OP conveniently ignores and bypasses posts that have asked if he masturbates.

Davechuks360 defend yourself.

I've never masturbated before
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
PaddyX:

drop your email so I can send a book - the shyness and social anxiety system to you

write my moniker and add @gmail(dot)com
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Meekha:
I can easily deduce that the OP was stigmatized when he was a kid or when he was still growing up. Probably u were laughed at, punished or ridiculed any time u made a mistake. This brings on a feeling of "I am not good enough" or simply put a feeling of inadequacy!. Now let me tell u a bit about myself! I can boldly say in all honesty that mine was more terrible than yours. Imagine not being able to pray when called upon by my own family cos of shyness and stuttering. Yes, mine was that bad. Now, these are the very people I see every day, crack jokes with, quarrel with and even sleep within the same house but then that feeling of inadequacy shone itself brightly and disgraced me in front of my younger ones. Nobody was born with such stigmatization! The truth is that it was a learned attitude. If you ever studied biology in High school you'll discover that the behaviours of animals are a product of nature and nurture. But the good news is that all habits are learnable both the bad ones and the good ones. Now the remedy is to face your fears head-on! Yes, I mean it. A wise man once said that "Do the things that you fear and the death of fear is certain".When you are in a congregation try to say something even if your speech lasted for just a few seconds. It helps. OP dress well. Dressing has a way of increasing our confidence, though a false one. Now the ultimate advice is will give to you is to use repeated vocal affirmations to counteract your fears. Say thing like "I am confident "I am brave" "I am fearless" "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippian 4:13)". Now, these things will look like a child's play to you but if you are a Christian, you can easily relate speaking a word and believing it as a consequence. It is called FAITh. I mean FAITH in one's self. (Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the Word of God). Well let me not bore you with my long epistle. I hope the message i communicated is understood. One love brother!

Same here
That prayer ish is also affecting me
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2018
EyeConfidence:
We have the solution, but it's expensive. Luckily, we'll give it to you for free. Here is the link to download it: https://www.wetclef.com/topic216.html

When you get it, request for the password.

Have a nice day.

I've downloaded it
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Habiodunz(m): 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
Davechuks360:

I'm just the opposite

With 4 brothers and no sister

That's weird

Do you interact with your brothers v.m
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by maxiuc(m): 6:18am On Jun 26, 2018
QuietHammer:

Stop masturbating
jumping into conclusion as usual

Me that has masturbated everything masturbable am I shy

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Meekha(m): 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
Davechuks360:

Same here
That prayer ish is also affecting me

Now what you should do is to
1. Disconnect yourself from every thought or feelings of inadequacy
2. Do not try to think too much about any event where your presentation or vocal contribution is required.
3. Do not overthink about your current predicament
4. Use repeated vocal affirmations to counteract these feelings of "I am not up to the task" must most importantly EMOTIONALIZE these affirmations. Yes! have u ever wondered why terrorists blow themselves up It is the power of WORDS. They are being told the same thing over and over again. Same with our beloved military men who also are willing to give up all they have cos of what they have heard. Now it doesn't matter who told you. Your mind naturally does not differentiate between illusions and reality. Tell yourself that you are capable!. Yes i know it will take some time to be fully free from these shackles but then that is what you MUST do if you are willing to be free from that trap.

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Meekha(m): 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
nwaobitex:
This is relatable. I always get anxious and stutter when I'm asked to pray but after the prayer I can talk freely. It's really embarrassing. How did you overcome it. What is your advice

2. Do not try to think too much about any event where your presentation or vocal contribution is required.
4. Use repeated vocal affirmations to counteract these feelings of "I am not up to the task" must most importantly EMOTIONALIZE these affirmations. Yes! have u ever wondered why terrorists blow themselves up It is the power of WORDS. They are being told the same thing over and over again. Same with our beloved military men who also are willing to give up all they have cos of what they have heard. Now it doesn't matter who told you. Your mind naturally does not differentiate between illusions and reality. Tell yourself that you are capable!. Yes i know it will take some time to be fully free from these shackles but then that is what you MUST do if you are willing to be free from that trap.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2018
EyeConfidence. I've downloaded it
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by nwaobitex: 1:44am On Jun 27, 2018
PaddyX:

drop your email so I can send a book - the shyness and social anxiety system to you

obitexjr@gmail.com thanks
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by AmuEwu: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2018
Davechuks360:
Good day Nairalanders.

Please I need your help

I'm in my first year at the university, UNIBEN to be precise. I'm quite intelligent (so to say) but there's something that's always bothering me.

I'm a very shy person and it's affecting my education. Anytime I want to speak in public, I find myself stammering even when I know what to say; I just can't express myself as I should.

Is there anyway I can improve on that??

I really want to be confident, I want to be able to express myself very well. The English is not the problem 'cus I'm developing it gradually.

Please is there suggestions? Anything I can do to improve?

Thanks in advance.

OP i can give you a very detailed guide from my own experiences, on how to overcome shyness
This thread is a few days old so if you are still active here just reply this message, and i will do it .
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Davechuks360(m): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
AmuEwu:

OP i can give you a very detailed guide from my own experiences, on how to overcome shyness
This thread is a few days old so if you are still active here just reply this message, and i will do it .

I'm still active.
Thanks
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by nwaobitex: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2018
Meekha:

so I just have to keep telling myself that I can do it. Thanks will try it
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Tony142: 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2018
Hmmm, u can be an introvert without been a shy person

shyness is a sign of inferriority complex and low self esteam

Solution

1. Dress well. If u are in a public place and u notice u are one among the people dat dress very well, u will start feeling confident about yourself

2. Stop masturbation

3. Get more female friends, even if u did not want them for dating purpose, just atleast make friends with dem and be familar with dem

4. Your time on this earth is very short, so do not waste your limited time to please other people because when u die dey will bury only u on your grave, they will not bury dem with u

5. Donot care what people think of u

6. Read article about self esteem

7. Make more friends both female and male

8. Talk more and more

9. Prayers

10. Congratulation, u are now very confident

2 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Tony142: 12:42am On Jul 16, 2018
nwaobitex:
obitexjr@gmail.com thanks

my neighbour is very shy too, i think the book may help him also,
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by CapitanS: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2018
Me too I'm very shy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unilorin Lecturer Orders 400 Level Students To Raise Hands For Making Noise / Kenyan Teacher Flogs 11-year-old Pupil So Badly He Could Barely Walk (photos) / Four Final Year FUTO Students Design A Campus Surveillance Drone (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.