Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Please Help; I'm Too Shy - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help; I'm Too Shy (31289 Views)

Once Bitten, Twice Shy - 1st Term School Fees / Help, I'm Afraid I Could Be Expelled From School After 3 Years / CR7 Just 2 Goals Shy Of Messi's World Record Year At This Stage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by soberdrunk(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
angry
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Habiodunz(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
Hakeem12:
Hmmm...Why do you ask?

I asked him not you undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by BOJO123(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
Are you a chronic masturbator? lipsrsealed
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Palmerbarry: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
Open the literature section on Nairaland and read "Life Of A Shy Guy" by infant, it'll help you.
https://www.nairaland.com/4222866/life-shy-guy#63100817
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by IfidonJohn: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
Work on yourself by learning to talk via a mirror.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Ajaodolapo(m): 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
Benblaq:
At home, join your church members to go for evangelism and also share flyers too while inviting people, it helps.
Go to football viewing centre, and join in argument too.
Bros help yourself with any of them.
why would you jst assume that he is a Christian?
Y'all ever really think that not everyone is a follower of the n! Nazarene?
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by sureheaven(m): 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
Quickly go and meet *I am shai*
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Engrchuks2011: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
Join a social gathering in your church E.g choir. be an active member and watch out the effect on you.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks30 make sure you do things that bolster your confidence by dressing smart and clean. Try to associate more and make friends with both sexes, so you are not a recluse, practice against your mirror and believe in yourself more.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by zicoraads: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
It's the age. You are still a kid. You will eventually get over it naturally. You won't even know when it happened. You attended an all boys school?
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by ajayiopy: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
Read books like power of public speaking .you need to get a topic ,research on it,do you presentation in front of your mirror ,record it and listen to it. When you are loaded upstair public speaking is nothing
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by safarigirl(f): 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:
Thanks @Benblaq.

I joined the choir here in school because of this issue. I'm also in the evangelism crew.

But that girls matter ehn... E get as e be ooo
see you.

You can even join choir and evangelism crew and you call yourself shy.

Even to go to church in school, I no fit. I dey here five years, I no fit join one thing, that is how shy I am

Oga, you go dey alright. You are just in your first year

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
Firstly you need boldness, if you're a Christian when a Bible verses is been called try to stand up and read, have it in mind always that no one will kill you or even laugh over your mistakes even if you made a mistake.

I'm once in your shoe but I get it off by reading bible when a verse is been called up

3 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by chendstone01(m): 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
start making friends with guys dat talk dirty i mean very raw like yam were dy never cook it will help u build your confidence i did it and it worked for me

3 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by ComzyB(f): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
BOJO123:
Are you a chronic masturbator? lipsrsealed
grin
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
I know how you feel, OP.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by flow26(m): 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
There is a club called toastmasters
Check online for the closest one to you. Give it a try . I promise you won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by nabegibeg: 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:
Good day Nairalanders.

Please I need your help

I'm in my first year at the university, UNIBEN to be precise. I'm quite intelligent (so to say) but there's something that's always bothering me.

I'm a very shy person and it's affecting my education. Anytime I want to speak in public, I find myself stammering even when I know what to say; I just can't express myself as I should.

Is there anyway I can improve on that??

I really want to be confident, I want to be able to express myself very well. The English is not the problem 'cus I'm developing it gradually.

Please is there suggestions? Anything I can do to improve?

Thanks in advance.

Dey form ARO for hall 3 boys hostel and go to the blocks near Anao lane close to hall 2, female hostel and start to dey misbehave

After all these I mentioned your shyness will disappear
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by columbus007(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
shy away from yourself and run.
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by oluwasegun007(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
QuietHammer:
Stop masturbating
Haba!
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by nabegibeg: 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
WhySoShy:
I know how you feel, OP.

You just created this profile for this thing wey you read

You get spiritual problem

2 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Jobabori(m): 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
Benblaq:
Having a pack of female friends stabilizes your psychological hormones. Not for sexual activities sha.
Just try
This is a good advise. Not for sexual tasks as he said. Relating with new set of girls not only boost your confidence but improve your self esteem. I attended a boy's only school and can easily relate with your problem

3 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by greggng: 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
Go drink erujeje shyness go disappear....but when u wan insert yiur Kini inside that thing, you no dey shy again
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by tayooluwole: 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
Op sorry to say... I think this is whom you are and I doubt if anything possibly can be done about it...
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Zimmermann(m): 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
QuietHammer:

Stop masturbating
why u dey wicked like dis grin grin grin
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by itsmeurLady(f): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
Go to church that will inspire you positively, a church that reminds you to constantly say positive words to yourself, a Church that will stir up the gifts in you, a church that will help you discover your purpose for living, study the word of God. Let the words so infiltrate your being, it worked for me, it will also work for you... used to be a very shy girl but now I can talk to crowd without even blinking

2 Likes

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Bimmiie(f): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
QuietHammer:

Stop masturbating
Really??! embarassed
Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by edogu(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
XingXhang:

Listen to me and that's all you need:

1. Read books on Self Worth/Esteem.

2. Start from somewhere, try to start up conversations with people. Fail more. Don't be scare of failing.

3. Shyness stems from insecurity, which part of your body don't you like? Do you like yourself? If yes, be proud of you and look deep into someone's eyes and talk to them.

4. Do you self-service? This can ruin your esteem like crazy. Try to do NO-FAP.

5. You don't have shyness problem. Your main problem is Self worth problem. Self worth problem stems from ignoring your strengths and magnifying your 'weak spots'.

6. Seat, Read and Think. You are UNIQUE! You are Special. You are original, not a copy. Stop mimicking others.

7. Build confidence the Christian way by evangelising, especially to girls. smiley

You just got someone inspired! Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2018
Davechuks360:
Good day Nairalanders.

Please I need your help

I'm in my first year at the university, UNIBEN to be precise. I'm quite intelligent (so to say) but there's something that's always bothering me.

I'm a very shy person and it's affecting my education. Anytime I want to speak in public, I find myself stammering even when I know what to say; I just can't express myself as I should.

Is there anyway I can improve on that??

I really want to be confident, I want to be able to express myself very well. The English is not the problem 'cus I'm developing it gradually.

Please is there suggestions? Anything I can do to improve?

Thanks in advance.

Why do you give a flying fuvck about what people think or say about you. let me give you a way out, just imagine everybody is a potato when speaking to them, always look at the space between thier eyes, it gives an impression like you dey full of confidence and seeing into thier souls.

P.S if you be Muslim don't look into elders eyes woh, that's disrespectful

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by jibs4lv(m): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
DonPiiko:
I detest people that argue at newspaper stands or football viewing centres. I see it as a sign of irresponsibility and lack of productivity.

I also hate viewing and news paper centre argument with passion , maybe because I don't know much about sport sa cheesy but in my own case I can gather the whole Nigeria people join with South African in one venue and address them all...lolz

Now my advice to you op, never give a fvck on what other see or think no matter what, weather you can speak or write good English or not, never weigh yourself down, just do your thing and make sure you always looks good.

1 Like

Re: Please Help; I'm Too Shy by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
Download YouTube videos of motivational speakers, practice learn from them, you could even learn from your pastor when he/she talks in church. Then when your asked to speak in your class, practice first by looking beyond their heads, look at the wall at their extreme,dont look at their eyes, because if you do you will faulter... If you do these things your confidence would just surge like fine water from a spring... And also, lest I forget it could be demonic, pray about it, this is the most potent remedy that solves all issues in this world. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unilorin Lecturer Orders 400 Level Students To Raise Hands For Making Noise / Pls, How Can I Write A Letter To The Commissioner Of Education / Four Final Year FUTO Students Design A Campus Surveillance Drone (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.