Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Pre Wedding Nerves - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pre Wedding Nerves (1173 Views)

Checkout This Hilarious Pre-wedding Photo / This Pre-wedding Photo Stunt Has Got Wedding Lovers Talking On Instagram! / Woman Ties Fiance Up In This Pre-Wedding Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pre Wedding Nerves by zimbabwean: 12:34am On Jun 06, 2010
I am getting married to My boyfriend of 3n half yrs in 3mnths time, I know im making the right descision but its been hard work and heart ache
Everyone i know have told me im making the biggest mistake of my life marrying a nigerian guy--caz they lie,cheat, or leave me later for a naija girl.
He too has been told by some people that why marry a southern african girl they are prostitutes ,have hiv etc.

BUT this is the guy that i have known since i was 19 and i love him so much and iknow he loves me too.

Im just writting this as a testimony that you dont know who God gives you. I never in a million years imagined i would marry someone from West Africa but somehow its happening and it feels so right, I know it aint going to be a walk in the park but all marriages are hard work no matter where you are from, Im going nigeria in december and i cant wait to meet my mother in law-----Im also nervous of meeting my inlaws for the 1st time, ;

Ohhh i think im getting pre wedding nerves cry cry cry
Thanks
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 06, 2010
Its ok darling, everyone has these fears but as you say you have been to hell and back with him and you think he is your soul mate so go ahead with it. As for the inlaws, just be respectful, you dont have to bend your back backwards and do the splits to please them. I wish you the best.
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by Osama10(m): 12:46am On Jun 06, 2010
Its going to be fine just be yourself.
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by Kunbee: 12:51am On Jun 06, 2010
It is well, i wish you all the best
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by FemoAK: 1:00am On Jun 06, 2010
Well what can i Say's . I i can say is you are on the right track know matter what any body say about your man stay by him. He may cheat and you may hear rumours about a cheating fling . Don't look that side oh my sister. from a man's prospective. if indeed he really loves he would never leave you for another Chick.

One things is and this often happens to all men in any relationships . All men goes through a changing faces whereby we look at other women outside mainly for infatuation and we often get tempted in the process. But after a while men often comes to there senses we not some dumb ass though we have some dick head men amongst us. But Its often that men don't often leave there first love. And we often likes to stay faithful to them

As you know marriages is a great institution every marriages have there good moments and bad. So dear i will advice you to always work things out with you hubby even when you have arguments don't listen to bad advise from friends most particularly . I wish you best of luck.
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by zimbabwean: 1:06am On Jun 06, 2010
thank you loads people
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by coolier(f): 1:25am On Jun 06, 2010
zimbabwean:

I am getting married to My boyfriend of 3n half yrs in 3mnths time,

"Am so happy for you, you seem to be in love with him.

zimbabwean:

Im going nigeria in december and i cant wait to meet my mother in law-----Im also nervous of meeting my inlaws for the 1st time,

Your wedding is in three months, so your trip to Nigeria in December would be well after your wedding, and you've never met any of your in-laws! Don't you think it makes sense to at least meet with his immediate family, get introduced to them before you tie the knot, most especially as he is a foreigner in your country and you really can't know everything about him or his family except what he told you? Are you not curious to know what type of family you're marrying into? Does it not bother you that your in-laws will not be at the wedding and you only get to meet them afterwards?  
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by queeneve: 1:32am On Jun 06, 2010
Awwwww you getting them too? I am getting married next month and LAWD HAVE MURCEE why do getting marrried such a FREAKING FULL TIME JOB?!!!!!

Okay, I am back,

It will die over, just drink some tea with lemon, YIKES, I FORGOT THE DAMN CORSAGES!

GOTTA GO!
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by nicolac1(f): 1:51am On Jun 06, 2010
I was exactly the same before mine too, and it was made all the worse that we got married in Nigeria too as his mum wanted to meet me first! So not only was i nervous about getting married but also about travelling to Nigeria for the 1st time, but most scary was the thought of meeting his mum!! I needn't have worried about her though as she was so lovely to me.

Because none of my friends or family were there with us we are planning on having a blessing later this year here in Ireland on our 2nd wedding anniversary so have all that to try organise now!

And as for all the rumours about these bad Naija men, of course some guys are lousy but they are like that in all races, just relax & enjoy!
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by Africanqueen2(f): 4:26am On Jun 06, 2010
I'm happy for you. . . What u should know is in life whether you are good or bad people will always talk, always gossip, always want to get to you. Thats why u have to be careful who you listen to. . . Some men are cheats but what u should know is he's yours and yours alone, even if he cheats he'll still come back to you. As for his in laws don't worry, they re humans they won't bite. Just be yourself. Good luck and God bless
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by Faher(m): 6:22am On Jun 06, 2010
queeneve:

Awwwww you getting them too?  I am getting married next month and LAWD HAVE MURCEE why do getting marrried such a FREAKING FULL TIME JOB?!!!!! 

Okay, I am back,

It will die over, just drink some tea with lemon, YIKES, I FORGOT THE DAMN CORSAGES! 

GOTTA GO! 

Queeneve, na so we go dey dey?
You want to marry next month and you didn't tell me? angry
No more journey to the moon for you tongue

@OP,
You'll be fine, that Nigerian men stereotype is just exaggerated. Calm your nerves smiley
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by queeneve: 10:04am On Jun 06, 2010
I wasn't going on that journey with you ANYWAYS!
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by Faher(m): 11:04am On Jun 06, 2010
I wasn't either
It was fun joking about it though
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by queenafric(f): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2010
@OP

It is normal to feel the way you do. Just try to calm down and relax, then go with the flow since it is what you really wanted. I wish you luck.
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by queeneve: 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2010
Awwwww a bruised male ego is a BISH!

Anyways poster, GOOD LUCK,
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by mamagee3(f): 11:36pm On Jun 06, 2010
It's quite natural for one to be nervous on his or her wedding day. .

But, it's gonna be okay, I think it's the stress in marriage that boggles the mind.
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by UcLloyd1(m): 12:00am On Jun 07, 2010
thatz my wedding gift to you, 3million Zimbabwean Dollars, enjoy, but dont spend it in Nigeria, it will only buy u one bottle of coke, not the chilled one, cuz chilled coke is costly

Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by spikedcylinder: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2010
^^^^
Lol. cheesy
Re: Pre Wedding Nerves by DeepSoul(f): 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
@Uc.Lloyd

Let Mugabe catch you angry
He'll chop off your right arm grin

@Poster
U berra meet his family b4 the wedding if you know what's good for you
For all you know, he might have a wife with 5 kids back in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think? / Who Would U Rather? Pix Inc / No Strings Attached Discreet Relationship Needed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.