Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos (46643 Views)

Messi Celebrates 20 Years In Barcelona / Lionel Messi Celebrates Christmas With Family In Adorable Photos / Usain Bolt Celebrates 31st Birthday, Showered With Champagne By Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Amalekki: 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nigeria vs Argentina was Argentine legend Diego Maradona's last international football match. Is history about to repeat itself?
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Jokerman(m): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
Kingsley1000:
HOW MANY LALIGA TITLES HAS MADRID WON BETWEEN 2009-2018?DURING GUARDIOLA ERA,ALL CLUBS FEAR BARCA ESP MAN U AND REAL MADRID

Ronaldo 5 UCL... Barca 5 UCL

Mourinho's Madrid became the best LA liga side ever in 2012... how were they afraid of you??

Note: Zidane's Madrid won UCL thrice on a row, and that's more fearsome...

Agreed Guardiola barca was scary...
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by UfuomaUN(m): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
Uchihaitaci:
Happy birthday to a former great player

Ronaldo has surpassed you in every way imaginable but yet I still wish you all the best in your coming retirement from football

Na this kind comment dey cause unnecessary argument! Today is his brithday and the least anyone could do- the least u could do is appreciate one of the most beautiful players of the modern game. But it always has to be about your Ororo! nonsense

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by UfuomaUN(m): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
stevenakp:

My brother, talent is never enough. Hardwork will take you far.

Messi is drifting away from the box, while Ronaldo is moving to the box. It is likely Ronaldo will score more goals than Messi in the coming years.

Messi just runs around these days, while Ronaldo has become one of the dealiest and finest finisher.

Happy Birthday to Messi.

Oga, Messi has won the last two Euro golden shoes! scored 54 in 206/17 to Ronaldo's 41. Scored 48 in 2018 season to Ronaldo's 44 despite the fact we all know he plays OUTSIDE the box, which has always been his natural role. Yes, he's had a bad WC and bad day at Roma, but don't make seem like Ronaldo has been consistent in the last two years! Only Madrid champions league wins have made Ronaldo look better. Those who watch games week in week out know who's actually struggling in front of goal. Ronaldo usually takes tens of shots before he eventually gets his goal. Messi almost doesn't get an sniff of the ball for 20mins and before u know, it's in from nowhere! That's why he has scored 600+ in 700+ games! A deadly ratio! I'm not taking anything away from Cristiano! he's an amazing finisher and playing to his strengths even at 33, but don't make it seem he's doesn't have his offs! Or didn't u watch football last season?

That's why I hate M/cr7 arguments. They are so pathetic and make me want to vomit sometimes

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Iziquiel(m): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Akinpelumusibau:

Which Calendar una dey use 4 house pls?
Badt guy... E be like say dia calendar no correct.
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by TrillionBrains(m): 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
This guy no get [url=trillionclues.com] SWag at all. If na CR7 we for dey see Clubbing photos.....Mtchewww

Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by TrillionBrains(m): 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
This guy no get [url=trillionclues.com] SWag [/url] at all. If na CR7 we for dey see Clubbing photos.....Mtchewww
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by marvel15(m): 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
messi is d best player of all time even though his form is bad..messi is raw talent he doesnt need to struggle to get goals on d oda hand ronaldo struggles for everytin..weda u like it or not messi is d best...but am supporting nigeria
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by marvel15(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2018
verybodi will just be shouting ororo!!!ororo ko epo pupa ni..mtchewww
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by stevenakp(m): 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
UfuomaUN:

Oga, Messi has won the last two Euro golden shoes! scored 54 in 206/17 to Ronaldo's 41. Scored 48 in 2018 season to Ronaldo's 44 despite the fact we all know he plays OUTSIDE the box, which has always been his natural role. Yes, he's had a bad WC and bad day at Roma, but don't make seem like Ronaldo has been consistent in the last two years! Only Madrid champions league wins have made Ronaldo look better. Those who watch games week in week out know who's actually struggling in front of goal. Ronaldo usually takes tens of shots before he eventually gets his goal. Messi almost doesn't get an sniff of the ball for 20mins and before u know, it's in from nowhere! That's why he has scored 600+ in 700+ games! A deadly ratio! I'm not taking anything away from Cristiano! he's an amazing finisher and playing to his strengths even at 33, but don't make it seem he's doesn't have his offs! Or didn't u watch football last season?

That's why I hate M/cr7 arguments. They are so pathetic and make me want to vomit sometimes

Only in Barcelona.
Let him show us he can perform in an average team, Argentina is even more than an average team.
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Akinpelumusibau: 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
Iziquiel:

Badt guy... E be like say dia calendar no correct.

Na so now, i be civil servant so we dont joke with date because of our Salary
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by TeamSimple(m): 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

You have started again. Messi is not doing well at the moment but where was your ronaldo when he reached the finals and won fifa golden boot? If You say there is nothing good about reaching the finals then let your goat get to the semis firstgrin
Don't mind them . Ronaldo has had three bad previous World Cup tournaments but was never heavily critized like Messi is now . Messi had his own moment before him in 2014 but they till never acknowledged his greatness then. Just because he is off now he becomes a nobody .

I just pity Messi situation in world football. The pressure is too much on him. For him it is a case of you must perform whether you like it or not , while for Ronaldo he doesn't have to perform . Ronaldo bad days are often overlooked while his good days are over celebrated to the high heaven (kudos to European media ). While Messi on the other hand gets little or no praise when he does something magestic. It is clear that most people wait for Messi's few times of failure just to get at him . Same people never applaud him when he does good becomes to them he has to do it .

Two examples was when he singlehandedly knocked out Chelsea out of the champions league , little was written about him and his greatness after the match but immediately he went off against Roma due to nursing injury the whole European attacked him for being too casual .

Another is when he took Argentina to the World Cup with a Hatrick , the European media felt reluctant to eulogies him as much as they do when he fails . They never talked about him being the only scorer for the so called world class Argentina team in 19 months in an official match . But they are quick to rubbish him for having two bad games in 2018 . While Ronaldo is being worshipped for finally having his best tournament outing for Portugal in decades .

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by fowlyansh181(m): 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
thesicilian:

I wonder who is struggling now between Messi and Ronaldo.
messi isn’t struggling to do jack , he is in his retiring times .. he is and will always be a legend ..
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by statusquoante: 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Are you colour blind?
How is he white?
Can human beings be white?

Can human beings be black
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by 8stargeneral: 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
Celebrating failure grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by FoolishBoy419: 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
TeamSimple:

Don't mind them . Ronaldo has had three bad previous World Cup tournaments but was never heavily critized like Messi is now . Messi had his own moment before him in 2014 but they till never acknowledged his greatness then. Just because he is off now he becomes a nobody .

I just pity Messi situation in world football. The pressure is too much on him. For him it is a case of you must perform whether you like it or not , while for Ronaldo he doesn't have to perform . Ronaldo bad days are often overlooked while his good days are over celebrated to the high heaven (kudos to European media ). While Messi on the other hand gets little or no praise when he does something magestic. It is clear that most people wait for Messi's few times of failure just to get at him . Same people never applaud him when he does good becomes to them he has to do it .

Two examples was when he singlehandedly knocked out Chelsea out of the champions league , little was written about him and his greatness after the match but immediately he went off against Roma due to nursing injury the whole European attacked him for being too casual .

Another is when he took Argentina to the World Cup with a Hatrick , the European media felt reluctant to eulogies him as much as they do when he fails . They never talked about him being the only scorer for the so called world class Argentina team in 19 months in an official match . But they are quick to rubbish him for having two bad games in 2018 . While Ronaldo is being worshipped for finally having his best tournament outing for Portugal in decades .

That is exactly the main reason why i started supporting messi. As a man united fan i have always loved ronaldo but at a point i realized that Messi is hardly praised for his performance (consisting of good dribbles, good passes, good positiioning, team play, sportsmanship, assists, etc) While ronaldo who hardly contributes to the team work but scores lots of goals gets overpraised. Even when Messi missed the pk come and see how they were fooling themselves as if their oga has never missed before. Its a shame but they will soon be exposed. Morocco nearly defeated them and i believe once portugal gets to the round of 16, it will be overgrin

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
statusquoante:

Can human beings be black
Never
Only dark-brown
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Alva2018: 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
Hbd Messi
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by statusquoante: 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by statusquoante: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Never
Only dark-brown

You are on your own. Black and white are types of races not colours in this instance. smiley
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Tgold01: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
chukwuibuipob:
cool his Birthday gift is coming on Tuesday. Poor Pig wey picked Nig/Arg to reach semi final
Haba!must u call him a pig...oga ooh!...people shaa...i just pray u receive forgiveness from GOD ALMIGHTY...how can someone name a fellow human being lyk himself a PIG?....Dat's just too bad if i must say.
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Tgold01: 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
HBD Messi...wishing u lng lyf nd properity in good health...nd many more goodies.
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by emeijeh(m): 10:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tgold01:
Haba!must u call him a pig...oga ooh!...people shaa...i just pray u receive forgiveness from GOD ALMIGHTY...how can someone name a fellow human being lyk himself a PIG?....Dat's just too bad if i must say.

Are you sure you know how to read?
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Tgold01: 10:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
emeijeh:

Are you sure you know how to read?
No ooh! Sorry ha don't think i know how to read...so therefore "Mr know all" teach me nd buttress pls...
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Respect55(m): 10:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
Kingsley1000:
BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD...QUITE UNFORTUNATE HE SURROUNDS HIMSELF WITH MEDIOCRE PLAYERS BOTH IN CLUB AND NATIONAL LEVEL THAT'S WHY HE SEEM TO BE DEGRADING...I MISS GUARDIOLA'S BARCELONA 2009-2014 THAT PERIOD ALL CLUBS FEAR WHEN THEY HEAR THEY ARE PLAYING BARCA
Current Argentine team has more players than thir Portuguese counterpart yet CR7 is performing
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Gaiuseenyie(m): 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
Uchihaitaci:
Happy birthday to a former great player

Ronaldo has surpassed you in every way imaginable but yet I still wish you all the best in your coming retirement from football

Has ronaldo play world cup final before
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by zuma4k(m): 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
UfuomaUN:

it's indeed funny that Ronaldo's deluded fans only use goals as a yardstick derive at their conclusion.. But the most mind-blowing fact still remains that Ronaldo does not even score more that Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by chukwuibuipob: 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tgold01:
Nah like dis petson dey repeat Waec/Jamb.Read slowly and think straight
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by zuma4k(m): 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

That is exactly the main reason why i started supporting messi. As a man united fan i have always loved ronaldo but at a point i realized that Messi is hardly praised for his performance (consisting of good dribbles, good passes, good positiioning, team play, sportsmanship, assists, etc) While ronaldo who hardly contributes to the team work but scores lots of goals gets overpraised. Even when Messi missed the pk come and see how they were fooling themselves as if their oga has never missed before. Its a shame but they will soon be exposed. Morocco nearly defeated them and i believe once portugal gets to the round of 16, it will be overgrin
I've come to realize that a lot of football fans suffer from dementia or Poor Memory, they tend/pretend to forget how Cr7 has struggled in the 3 previous World Cups he's been to....Let's see what the future holds. Happy Birthday LEO!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by Fridayyohanna: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
Kingsley1000:
He doesnt need to train for him to perform.he's a natural and raw talent unlike ronaldo that struggles relies on hardwork and musle his way to tapin
that is success through hardwork.
Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by confistified(m): 11:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

You have started again. Messi is not doing well at the moment but where was your ronaldo when he reached the finals and won fifa golden boot? If You say there is nothing good about reaching the finals then let your goat get to the semis firstgrin
he has in 2006 Portugal got to the semi finals and Ronaldo was the best young player of that tournament

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Celebrates 31st Birthday With Lovely Photos by cabilla(m): 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
chukwuibuipob:
cool his Birthday gift is coming on Tuesday. Poor Pig wey picked Nig/Arg to reach semi final
na true oo that pig must be on drugs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lionel Messi, His Wife And Children In Adorable Family Photo / 'call Me Mr. VAR!' - Iheanacho Delighted After Winning Game For Leicester / Ronaldo Angrily Smashes Phone Of A Fan Filming Him After Man-U's Loss (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.