Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,615 members, 7,843,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture (2375 Views)

Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics / Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by Kobojunkie: 12:51am On Jun 07, 2010
Onlytruth:

Why do you like being deliberately mischievous? So suddenly every one in Eastern Nigeria is Igbo.  undecided

Anyway, Ndigbo in Nigeria are in these states, Anambra, Imo, Delta, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and even Edo state. A proper Igbo language harmonization is not a bad idea, and that is part of what Peter Obi is trying to do.
If the language is packaged right, the chance of it dying would be reduced.  

And what does "packaged right" mean here? Again, where do you get this notion that Ibo language is DYING?

He also gave cash donations as well as university scholarship to the best two Igbo language students in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), Messrs Kevin Anozie and Chika Echeta, of Holy Child Secondary School, Isuofia and Bishop Onyemelukwe Secondary School, Onitsha respectively. Already, the governor has signed into law a bill to enforce the speaking and writing of Igbo language among Ndigbo in Anambra and Diaspora. He has stopped meting of corporal punishment to students who speak Igbo in schools in the state.

These governors ehn . . .  na wa oo !
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by Onlytruth(m): 1:20am On Jun 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

And what does "packaged right" mean here? Again, where do you get this notion that Ibo language is DYING?

These governors ehn . . .  na wa oo !

Why do you want to continue insulting a nation of millions. If I start insulting you now, you will act as if you are shocked.

Someone has already pointed out your deliberate IBO this IBO that, but you don't think it matters.  Why can't you type Igbo? Why are you this invidious?

Na wa for you o!  shocked angry
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On Jun 07, 2010
Onlytruth:

Why do you want to continue insulting a nation of millions. If I start insulting you now, you will act as if you are shocked.

Someone has already pointed out your deliberate IBO this IBO that, but you don't think it matters.  Why can't you type Igbo? Are you this invidious?

Na wa for you o!  shocked angry
Simple, because I prefer to type IBO. If you prefer start shoving a stick up your arse each time I exercise my right to spell the word as I feel it ought to be, in hopes that it somehow destroys me or stops me from continuing to spell the word as I choose grin. I mean you are free to do that. So many have already taken that path somehow pretending it hurts me in some way. But if you ask me, I think it makes more sense for you to get back to the issue at hand( the thread), unless you are trying to sidetrack here because you are unable to answer the question asked you.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by Onlytruth(m): 1:36am On Jun 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Simple, because I prefer to type IBO. If you prefer start shoving a stick up your arse each time I exercise my right to spell the word as I feel it ought to be, in hopes that it somehow destroys me or stops me from continuing to spell the word as I choose grin. I mean you are free to do that. So many have already taken that path somehow pretending it hurts me in some way. But if you ask me, I think it makes more sense for you to get back to the issue at hand( the thread), unless you are trying to sidetrack here because you are unable to answer the question asked you.

I just took a peek at your profile picture and I can see that you are a thoroughly demented hermaphrodite.  grin
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by abadaba(m): 1:36am On Jun 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Simple, because I prefer to type IGBO. If you prefer start shoving a stick up your arse each time I exercise my right to spell the word as I feel it ought to be, in hopes that it somehow destroys me or stops me from continuing to spell the word as I choose grin. I mean you are free to do that. So many have already taken that path somehow pretending it hurts me in some way. But if you ask me, I think it makes more sense for you to get back to the issue at hand( the thread), unless you are trying to sidetrack here because you are unable to answer the question asked you.
IRRELEVANT AND CRAP.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Jun 07, 2010
Onlytruth:

I just took a peek at your profile picture and I can see that you are a thoroughly demented hermaphrodite. grin

Oh, now you are against hermaphrodites? Or are you now taking a jab at the person in the picture to "hurt my feelings" in some immature way? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by ChinenyeN(m): 1:49am On Jun 07, 2010
EzeUche:

Gov. Obi has my support on this issue

However, we must get rid of all these dialects and make everyone speak STANDARD IGBO!

Our culture must be formalized as well.

Just like the Han Chinese did a thousand years ago, we must do this today with our own culture.
Commot. . . nonsense.

Kobojunkie:

That still does not answer the question I asked there. What has 40 million to do with the question I asked? By the way, are the 40 million all of the same dialect and language or are we speaking of the Ibibios, Ijaws, and all other ethnic groups in the Eastern region here?
The other groups aren't counted in that 40+ million. Just the Igbo (and by that I mean those in the Igbo socio-linguistic area).
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by abadaba(m): 2:04am On Jun 07, 2010
Indigenous Igbo areas:
Abia state
Anambra state.
Delta State: (Anioma)Ika x2, Oshimili x2, Aniocha x2, Ndokwa x3 LGA's.
Ebonyi state.
Enugu
Imo state.
Rivers state (Emohua, Obi/Akpor, Ikwerre, PH-Diobu, Etche, Ahoada x2, Ndoni/Ogba/Egbema. Oyigbo, Omuma.
Edo state: Igbanke
Benue state: Okpokwu LGA.
Non Igbo areas or semi Igbo areas where Igbo is largely spoken: Opobo, Bonny.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by Onlytruth(m): 2:07am On Jun 07, 2010
^^

I could have sworn that a small part of Akwa Ibom state speak Igbo. Am I wrong?
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by Kobojunkie: 3:13am On Jun 07, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Commot. . . nonsense.
The other groups aren't counted in that 40+ million. Just the Igbo (and by that I mean those in the Igbo socio-linguistic area).

You might want to get @Onlytruth on the same plane as you are with that. According to him, that number is all of eastern Nigeria.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by ChinenyeN(m): 3:49am On Jun 07, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^

I could have sworn that a small part of Akwa Ibom state speak Igbo. Am I wrong?
You're correct.

Kobojunkie:

You might want to get @Onlytruth on the same plane as you are with that. According to him, that number is all of eastern Nigeria.
I'll have to go back and verify though. I may be wrong.

@ topic: Are there indigenous Igbo in Bayelsa? or do I have things mixed up?
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by Onlytruth(m): 4:21am On Jun 07, 2010
ChinenyeN:

You're correct.
I'll have to go back and verify though. I may be wrong.

@ topic: Are there indigenous Igbo in Bayelsa? or do I have things mixed up?

Thanks!

As for Bayelsa, I think that Abagworo should know the answer to that.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture by AndreUweh(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
The Ndoki people are balkanised into 3 states-Abia, Rivers and Akwa Ibom states. But the largest part is in Abia state. The others are agitating to join their kins in Abia state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara and the Agric Revolution / Security Agents Impound 15 Containers Of Arms In Lagos - News Alert. / Nigeria: Patients Groan As Federal Doctors Begin Sympathy Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.