Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa (38125 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report / 2019 Largest Built-Up Urban Area: Lagos, Onitsha Ranked 1st, 2nd In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by TundeBricklayer: 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ofemannnu:
Good for Lagos, Onitsha,Ibadan and the rest in the list but Ibadan is more developed than all South East joined together. What will you do about that grin
Ibadan top biggest slum city in Africa-Un habitat report, Ibadan city of two skyscrapers in middle of slums.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by niyot124: 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2018
Cool.

Where's enugu in this list? cheesy grin grin Thought enugu is like Lagos the last time I checked grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ttipsy(f): 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
niyot124:
Cool.

Where's enugu in this list? cheesy grin grin Thought enugu is like Lagos the last time I checked grin
Nsukka represented.. lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by niyot124: 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ttipsy:
Nsukka represented.. lol

grin

I see
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Yyeske(m): 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
Several people including myself had said it on this forum that Onitsha metro area is one of the largest in the country but some haters were arguing blindly, I hope they can see the raw fact now

20 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by somito121(m): 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
It still baffles me why some people are so pained by the development going on in the southeast with little from the federal government. And thanks to the Fulanis resetting our Igbo brothers brain back to default. If not they will never do anything.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ofemannnu: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Ibadan top biggest slum city in Africa-Un habitat report, Ibadan city of two skyscrapers in middle of slums.
Tiny Igboland has no single skyscraper but plenty of slummy slum grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ofemannnu: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Tiny Igboland has no single skyscraper but plenty of slummy slums grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Chai ....why this ?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ofemannnu: 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

lol
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Anambralstson: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Tiny Igboland has no single skyscraper but plenty of slummy slum grin
Onitsha host more high-rises than any city in Nigeria, having two skyscraper in middle of slums don't really make sense to me, last I visited Ibadan more than 85% of Coco house apartments are empty no tenants, especially last floor to fourth floor, same with Marina and most areas in Lagos, outside banks headquarters, majority of the skyscrapers are empty

Building skyscraper in the east is not problem, major issue fully utilization.

Onitsha below

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Mrbaz1: 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2018
kolaaderin:
The Bureau of statistic of this people has started rolling out figures again.
not bad
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ANSMEDIA: 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Anambra in Igbo land

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Folashade2016(f): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
Where getting there it a matter of TIME.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Gerrard59(m): 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
Uyo is more built up than Port-harcourt? shocked shocked shocked

Mkpo sa ba! (Things are happening).

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
WETIN DO BORNO MY STATE?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by EvilMetahuman: 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lol
Demographia

Another ipob beareu of statistics grin
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ozoebuka1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
It should be noted that onitsha and any other eastern state did it without any government support rather the government have tried over the years to inhibit the growth of the eastern states...

Igbo amaka.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Anambralstson: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ofemannnu:

Two skyscrapers in middles of slums

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by EvilMetahuman: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
sremmlyf:

Headslammer even if na anambra person you no fit face the message and leave this your divide and rule tactics
shut up

Anambra is the only ibo state with meaningful development in South East.

Rest are shitholes.
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
I am so impressed, by the igbo's all this development was just because of the determination, and industrious nature... Well Lagos is also good, Nigeria is going somewhere, at least we are being recognized for one applaudable thing in the world. This, I thank God it's not, "highest poverty rate","highest slum area". smiley

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Henri8: 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
Wow! Even my Nsuka made it to the list.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by educators(f): 3:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
omo see Nsukka oo. Igbo Amaka.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
ariesbull:
10 Largest Built-Up Urban Areas in the World (Nigeria) by Population in 2018.

1.Lagos----23 position in the world
2.Onitsha---49 in the world
3.Kano-----119 in the world
4.Ibadan----163 in the world
5.Abuja----195 in the world
6.Uyo-----235 in the world
7.Port Harcourt----257 in the world
8.Nsukka----285 in the world
9.Benin----373 in the world
10.Ilorin----561 in the world.

10 Largest Built-Up Urban Areas in the World(Nigeria)by Land Area

1.Onitsha----47 position in the world
2.Lagos----72 in the world
3.Abuja-----140 in the world
4.Uyo------190 in the world
5.Nsukka-----215 in the world
6.Ibadan------279 in the world
7.Kano------366 in the world
8.Benin-----492 in the world
9.Port Harcourt---670 in the world
10.Maiduguri-----673 in the world

Source:Demographia---World Urban Areas.14th Annual Edition (2018).Pages 22-39 & 40-57

Mbe Nwaniga

Check the position of your city here on pages 22-39 and 40-57. http://www.demographia.com/db-worldua.pdf

Thanks for sharing this

Useful data

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by aribisala0(m): 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ebolas desperate for relevance

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by shizzle1: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
I guarantee you that Igbos had more input in making Lagos an urban area than the baboons from the South West.

The nincompoop above me is already exhibiting the innate idiocy, envy and hate commonly found amongst the sophisticated mor0ns

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Sinistami(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nice development I see the south east Is doing great. but can't we just enjoy something good for once without getting our tribalistic panties in a bunch especially you majority tribes any way e no consign me mah go focus for mah dear Yenagoa Problems first.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by shizzle1: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
aribisala0:
Ebolas desperate for relevance
Exactly, just the same way yolowbaboons are trying to take the shine off Igbos

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by LZAA: 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
Xander85:

Quit sounding daft! New York and Hong Kong are densely built up...are they landlocked as well!

I don't know why this erroneous notion of Igboland being landlocked makes some of you so happy and gives you a very stiff bone'r! undecided
its all bcoz of wat d brits told dia fulani masters wen dy wia shouting araba in 66

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Sinistami(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
Eberejesus111:
I am so impressed, by the igbo's all this development was just because of the determination, and industrious nature... Well Lagos is also good, Nigeria is going somewhere, at least we are being recognized for one applaudable thing in the world. This, I thank God it's not, "highest poverty rate","highest slum area". smiley
Nice talk bross

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Carlyboi(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
Why always Ibadan?this City seems to Represent in every area,whatever yardstick and parameter,whatever list you are making up as far as Nigeria is Concerned you go sha Mention ibadan!Ancient City!Warrior's City!Giant City!Lion City!Ib city iSSa Goal!Argue with Your Sixth Sense Abeg!ibadan is bae!A force to be reckoned With!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by potterdon: 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
Our Sophisticated afonjas won't like this thread grin IGBO AMAKA grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / DELSU Student Kills A Man & A Woman With His Car (Disturbing Photos) / Big Birds Of The Sky; Incredible Paintings Of World’s Leading Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.