Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,962 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:52 AM

Top 10 Nigerian Universities In Engineering Research - Scival - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Nigerian Universities In Engineering Research - Scival (616 Views)

Meet Americans That Studied In Nigerian Universities 35yrs Ago (pics/video) / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? / Oyo, Ogun And Osun Lead In Engineering University Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities In Engineering Research - Scival by HigherEd: 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
The SciVal - Elsevier rank refers to relevant research publications made by 8,500 higher institutions world wide with 38 million publication records from 21,915 journals of 5,000 publishers worldwide.

The 2018 Rank is 90% dominated by federal universities and would have been an all federal affair but for Covenant which emerged as the only non-federal university.

1) Covenant University
2) Federal University of Technology Akure
3) Obafemi Awolowo University
4) University of Lagos
5) Ahmadu Bello University
6) University of Nigeria Nsukka
7) University of Ibadan
cool University of Ilorin
9) Federal University Of Technology Minna
10) Federal University Of Technology Owerri

Lalasticlala

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities In Engineering Research - Scival by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
Were are the remaining 5?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities In Engineering Research - Scival by HigherEd: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
Also Ranked Are The Top 27 Lecturers in Engineering Research In Nigeria. And the Most relevant researcher in Engineering in Nigeria is a Professor of Software engineering and Intelligent Systems, Misra Sanjay of Covenant University.

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities In Engineering Research - Scival by CodeTemplar: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
This is why I like the global ranking bodies. They don't discriminate and the undisputed No. 1 takes her position.
Congrats to BDO!
All the subsidy didn't go to waste afterall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities In Engineering Research - Scival by barojana: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
Wow! So Covenant has right to mine Elsevier data! CU should be the only university in Nigeria with that right. It must cost them quite some fortune...
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities In Engineering Research - Scival by HigherEd: 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
barojana:
Wow! So Covenant has right to mine Elsevier data! CU should be the only university in Nigeria with that right. It must cost them quite some fortune...
Yea quite some fortune. I don't know if TheVictorious remembers, but I remember the Vice Chancellor of CU telling us Bishop Oyedepo pays #300 million/year to have access to an unprecedented amount of data in higher education. I hope all Nigerian unis can sign up to tools like this, it would help tremendously in identifying new research trends, monitoring university research output and relevance and recruiting elite lecturers across the globe.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities In Engineering Research - Scival by CodeTemplar: 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
HigherEd:
The SciVal - Elsevier rank refers to relevant research publications made by 8,500 higher institutions world wide with 38 million publication records from 21,915 journals of 5,000 publishers worldwide.

The 2018 Rank is 90% dominated by federal universities and would have been an all federal affair but for Covenant which emerged as the only non-federal university.

1) Covenant University

2) Federal University of Technology Akure
3) Obafemi Awolowo University
4) University of Lagos
5) Ahmadu Bello University
6) University of Nigeria Nsukka
7) University of Ibadan
cool University of Ilorin
9) Federal University Of Technology Minna
10) Federal University Of Technology Owerri

The dominance of this list by some of the most funded unis is no coincidence.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

9 Perfect Tips To Remember What You Read (new Thread) / Does A Students CGPA Reveals His/her Intelligence? / Oregon State University International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.