Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 - Sports (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 (71919 Views)

Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit / Uruguay Vs France: World Cup (0 - 2) - Full Time / France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by MrEgghead(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
ROSYL:

Which match did you watch? Because the one we all watched saw Ronaldo dribbling and dribbling.
He can't get pass one player convincingly these days... Always running into box 18 for goals, its cool he knows what's he good at, though.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by BlackManta(m): 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
CeeKay17:

There's a big big difference between reaching a final and actually winning it. Just ask Messi, or Griezman.

What about Iniesta
Someone who actually fired Spain to world cup glory and yet they didn't consider him for Balon dor.
What's the excuse this time
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by osazsky(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jokerman:
Well since my two teams (Nigeria, Portugal) are out... my last team now Belgium.... Leggo...

However, if we are to judge world cup performance, Ronaldo's performance against Spain, bigger than Argentina's performance at the world cup, let alone Messi... As it is now, Ronaldo is edging Messi at the ballondor already, and when he wins the UEFA super cup against Atletico, it is sealed....
dey don't use ucl,premier league, club world cup or laliga cups as a criteria in a world cup year,I pray Belgium or Brazil wins it,de Byrne deserves it after d English fa robed him of PFA award cuz salah won d UCL finalist , I love city ,I love pep. , or de bryne
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by mechanics(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
Eyah, Ronaldo could not stop Uruguay?
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Lirqur: 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
Dantedasz:

Can a player who has never won the world cup be called the greatest of all time?
I don't think so.
In my opinion Pele and Maradona are the greatest players of all time because football was more difficult to play in their time and they were not protected by the referees the way Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are today.

What are you saying ? Football was more difficult in the Times of pele and Maradona? The times of maradona maybe but the Times of Pele never. How can someone say football was difficult in the Times when there weren't so many rules, where the number of people dreaming to be footballers where low. As a matter of fuckin fact. Pele and Maradona especially Pele were lucky to have been playing when there where mostly dummies in football. Take a look at some old clips of Pele, and you'll see the nigga was lucky to be around a lot of dummies playing at the time. Why wouldn't he shine? Even Maradona had it harder than Pele did. History most likely told you Pele was great not like you watched most of his games. Football is very much difficult in these times than it was back then. Who was competing with Pele when he shone? Who was competing with Maradona back in the Times ? Now there's a hot debate between Messi and Ronaldo. Even after them the upcoming youngings already have competitors they would be compared with. So football was never difficult then than it is now!

2 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Cowbuhari: 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
Since Cristiano Ronaldo reached his prime (2007), Portugal played three World Cups and only won vs Morocco, Ghana and North Korea.

4 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
Olifiz:

Yes he does with a World Cup golden boot ball as best player of the 2014 World Cup tho Messi lost in the final. But Ronaldo have none crashed out in group stage. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by livelymatilda: 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
ROSYL:

He doesn’t cry, even when he loses. He’s not a sore loser like the other short man.

CR7 remains the best!
Really?you don't mean it...

2 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by hustleranthem(m): 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lirqur:

What are you saying ? Football was more difficult in the Times of pele and Maradona? The times of maradona maybe but the Times of Pele never. How can someone say football was difficult in the Times when there weren't so many rules, where the number of people dreaming to be footballers where low. As a matter of fuckin fact. Pele and Maradona especially Pele were lucky to have been playing when there where mostly dummies in football. Take a look at some old clips of Pele, and you'll see the nigga was lucky to be around a lot of dummies playing at the time. Why wouldn't he shine? Even Maradona had it harder than Pele did. History most likely told you Pele was great not like you watched most of his games. Football is very much difficult in these times than it was back then. Who was competing with Pele when he shone? Who was competing with Maradona back in the Times ? Now there's a hot debate between Messi and Ronaldo. Even after them the upcoming youngings already have competitors they would be compared with. So football was never difficult then than it is now!
u r just talking trash and shit..you indomie kids always like to display your ignorance. How dare u compare King Pele with Messi or Ronaldo. As far as football is concerned, Pele is the king..Argue at ur own detriment.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Messi has 2 goals and had the highest goals in 2014. You can console yourself but not with falsehood
Messi had only 4 goals at 2014 world cup behind Muller and James Rodriguez. Messi won the golden ball in 2014, he was the best player in that tournament.
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Leetunechi: 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
Penaldo helped cavani off the pitch, while cavani helped him out of the tournament

5 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
calculator123:

wrong info Messi scored in the semi against Switzerland or so
Oga please go and check your stat properly. When did Argentina play Switzerland? In which world cup.
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by CeeKay17: 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
BlackManta:

What about Iniesta
Someone who actually fired Spain to world cup glory and yet they didn't consider him for Balon dor.
What's the excuse this time
Lmao. Spain's World Cup triumph was definitely a collective team effort. Saying "Iniesta fired them to glory" simply means you did not watch Spain play. Besides Iniesta was injured for most of the season. Xavi had more of a case to win the award than him.
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Harold4lyf(m): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
ROSYL:

He doesn’t cry, even when he loses. He’s not a sore loser like the other short man.

CR7 remains the best!
d oda short man dat is richer dan ur whole local government

4 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by ddippset(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Leetunechi:
Penaldo helped cavani off the pitch, while cavani helped him out of the tournament
savage
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by CeeKay17: 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Oga please go and check your stat properly. When did Argentina play Switzerland? In which world cup.
Last World Cup rd16 actually. But Messi didn't score.
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by abdulskulboy(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Now that ronaldo and messi are out! World cup is over kenan.
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by BlackManta(m): 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
Elxandre:

Iniesta made top 3 in 2010.

The real scandal was Sneidjer missing out completely

Sneijder debacle was pure daylight robbery.

I remember Ribery fired Bayern to win treble in 2013, he was robbed as well.

That is why i laugh at people who think Neymar can literally buy Balon dor with world cup trophy.

Ronaldo and Messi balon dor duopoly is set to continue.

Whether they deserve it or not.

It will take a serious miracle for another player to win Balon dor in this era.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Lekan1o1: 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
BlackManta:

Neymar does not deserve to be in top 3 this year.
He will not be nominated for UEFA POTY not to talk of Balon dor top 3.

Someone that didn't play ball since early February, seriously.

Do you think he should be ahead of Messi, Ronaldo that played a consistent full season

Heck NO.

What about Champion League
Neymar ass was dumped in round of 16.

The year Greizmann entered top 3.
He played champions league final.

To be fair.

Top 3 should be.

Messi
Ronaldo
Salah

At least Salah played full season, he was consistent.
The highest goal scorer in Europe, second only to Messi.
Took Liverpool to champions league final.

At the moment Salah deserves that 3rd spot more than Neymar.

Neymar cannot play half season with PSG and compete with Messi and Ronaldo for balon dor.

It's not fair.

That guy will not even be nominated for UEFA POTY.
Mark my words.

Not to mention Balon dor.

I hope I read my comments very well. undecided
U are talking based on current standings but
I'm talking about IF HE WINS WORLD CUP.
Let him win worldcup and see it happen.
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by PROPHETmichael: 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
iamfromlagos:

oga Ade, u be snake?
see as u just dey turn.
your head dey dere small.

If you want tomorrow's one let me know coz I already watched it as well.... but on one condition no bet9ja tongue
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by oooduancalmdown: 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Messi has 2 goals and had the highest goals in 2014. You can console yourself but not with falsehood
False! In 2014 world cup, James Rodriguez of Columbia had the highest with six goals, followed by Germany' s Thomas Mueller with 5
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
CeeKay17:

Last World Cup rd16 actually. But Messi didn't score.
Now you are talking. Messi and Ronaldo never scored at the knock out stages. The two of them have been poor in world cup. They played in 4 world cups scored less than 10 goals. Their fans should just go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by BlackManta(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
CeeKay17:

Lmao. Spain's World Cup triumph was definitely a collective team effort. Saying "Iniesta fired them to glory" simply means you did not watch Spain play. Besides Iniesta was injured for most of the season. Xavi had more of a case to win the award than him.

So why didn't Xavi win it then
Even Sneijder who won treble that year and played WC final deserved the award than Messi.

2010 Balon dor result was pure robbery.
Thanks to Blatter asslicking Messi.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by oooduancalmdown: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
BlackManta:

With the way Neymar is playing now, he does not deserve a spot in team of the tournament.

I can mention a dozen players that are perfoming better than Neymar at this world cup.

Coutinho is the one carrying Brazil now.
Neymar is nowhere near his best at the moment.
I concur! Brazil still do well without Neymar
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by TSOM(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
Pavore9:
Messi fans are now happy! cheesy
Exactly! If Ronaldo had moved on to the next round, we Messi fans would have been trolled till the end of time.

3 Likes

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Lirqur: 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
hustleranthem:
u r just talking trash and shit..you indomie kids always like to display your ignorance. How dare u compare King Pele with Messi or Ronaldo. As far as football is concerned, Pele is the king..Argue at ur own detriment.

Yo Egbon dumbfuck. Was life easier back then than now? How many of Pele's matches did you watch? Because it has been ingrained and reiterated in your subconscious by the media you have chosen to fling your own noggins out and actually think. Pele shone in his life time because football was just developing during his time. It was already developed by the time Maradona was shining. Now it is established, everybody wants to be a footballer, too many raw talents to many exceptional players. During the time of Pele you couldn't say the same. Why won't he then shine? Was there anyone to compete with him. You just open mouth and shout Pele is the greatest of all times. Did you in person watch him play, did you watch him play like you are opportuned to watch Messi, Ronalado,Ronaldiho, and other great players play. You just open mouth and shout indomie generation. Sometimes an indomie generation sef can be wiser than an agbaya.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by CeeKay17: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
BlackManta:

So why didn't Xavi win it then
Even Sneijder who won treble that year and played WC final deserved the award than Messi.

2010 Balon dor result was pure robbery.
Thanks to Blatter asslicking Messi.
Because Xavi & Iniesta aren't as good as Messi. Besides I said it was a TEAM EFFORT from Spain, Xavi alone didn't win them the World Cup, neither did Iniesta. Giving one of them the award over the other would be totally unfair.
Previously, the Ballon Dor winner (in a world cup year) always comes from the World Cup winning team. However, we've never had any two players as good as Messi & Ronaldo in the past stats-wise.
The gap between Messi/Ronaldo and the others is so wide that winning a World Cup or treble is not enough to make up for it.
Messi scored 60 goals in 2010 calendar year, it's hard to make a case for any other player including Xavi & Iniesta when a single player (who's not even a striker) scores that amount of goals.
If 2010 was a robbery for Sneijder, what about Ribery in 2013? Ronaldo won absolutely nothing in 2013 yet he won the award. They are just too good for everybody

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
Harold4lyf:

d oda short man dat is richer dan ur whole local government

He’s still short right? Yea right!
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by WATCHOVER(m): 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
My predictions enter France to win, Uruguay to win. Thank you Jesus Am waiting for Spain to win, Croatia to win
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by BlackManta(m): 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lekan1o1:

I hope I read my comments very well. undecided
U are talking based on current standings but
I'm talking about IF HE WINS WORLD CUP.
Let him win worldcup and see it happen.

Neymar will not win Balon dor even if he wins world cup.

Half season with PSG and world cup is not enough, in all fairness.

If Brazil win WC, it will be a collective effort and Coutinho is currently their best player at the tournament not Neymar.

Neymar should try and get golden ball first along with world cup.

Why didn't Xavi and Iniesta win Balon dor in 2010 even tho they won world cup

Why didn't a German player win Balon dor in 2014

You think world cup is the ultimate price for Balon dor this year

There's gotta be more than just that trophy.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Hhenryy: 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
ROSYL:

CR7 remains the best!

Lol, but Messi doesn't cry either. Infact I'm yet to see him cry or show strong emotions on the pitch...

Even during their loss @the 2014 WC final against Germany, he didn't cry nor show any emotion while di maria, Aguero, Rojo and co were all shedding tears.
Re: Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 by Diamondwriter(m): 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
paroh137:

I don't understand the stuff I'm seeing on here. When ddyu guys start watching football abeg? Ronaldo didn't make it out if group stages in 2014. Messi reached the FINAL! If that's not a clear gap I don't know what is. Club football will always get the nod ahead of WC oga. Iniesta won WC 2010, was Spain's best player by a mile, and still didn't win it. So what's ya point? What exactly has Neymar achieved on club level?

Currently Neymar isn't even Brazil's beat player sef. You guys should stop watching back of TV biko
Did you seriously take time to write this?
Club football always get the nod ahead of country football?
And Zindane came out of retirement, was crowned 2nd best player in the world just because of the World Cup.
Defender Canavaro won the Best player award that year because Italy won the World Cup.
And na me dey watch back of TV?

Shey when Bayern won UCL, Ribery was crowned World Best Player?

Please football isn't animal science.
SMH

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Daniella Hemsley Flashes Breasts: Got Banned From Boxing Final (pictures) / Mohammed Salah's Daughter Dressing: Muslim Man Angry / #endsars : Arsenal's Mesut Ozil Joins Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.