Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (7147 Views)

Aba Banks Drop Nigerian Flags To Avoid Vandalization By Biafra Rioters / I’m Concerned About Traffic Gridlock, Robberies –gov Ambode / Again!aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by otawa: 7:04pm On Jun 07, 2010
In a failed state, everyone is busy blaming everyone else.

What they dont do is have strategy to get them out the 'failed-circle'

And so year-in, year-out, it same story!
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2010
otawa:

In a failed state, everyone is busy blaming everyone else.

What they dont do is have strategy to get them out the 'failed-circle'

And so year-in, year-out, it same story!

The situation is DISGUSTING at this point. I initially thought this would be dealt with in no time but over a year later, we are still dealing with the serious. It is ridiculous!
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by daylae(m): 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2010
The state of lawlessness in aba is surely a mockery,when the joint task force of the police and army coupled with bakassi boys can't put crime to check in the state,one begin to wonder what will finally become of the state when banks, businesses, and investors pack their bags and leave. I think the problem is that of compromise by the govt and security agencies. Don't see the state govt doing anything meaningful to save the situation,when the gov himself is just a puppet of some greedy sect,still holding the mantle even after leaving office, who does't care for the masses. The former gov's mansion is carefully secluded from the city hub where most of these crimes are commited. Aba is surely a war zone in disguise. Sad!
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Jun 07, 2010
daylae:

The state of lawlessness in aba is surely a mockery,when the joint task force of the police and army coupled with bakassi boys can't put crime to check in the state,one begin to wonder what will finally become of the state when banks, businesses, and investors pack their bags and leave. I think the problem is that of compromise by the govt and security agencies. Don't see the state govt doing anything meaningful to save the situation,when the gov himself is just a puppet of some greedy sect,still holding the mantle even after leaving office, who does't care for the masses. The former gov's mansion is carefully secluded from the city hub where most of these crimes are commited. Aba is surely a war zone in disguise. Sad!

This is the same governor making DEALS with kidnappers, offering them amnesty and possibly some compensation package. Rather than clamping down hard on crime, Orji is letting a whole state go to the dogs. And we have these morons on here trying to turn this into some tribal war. Nigerians ehn? !
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2010
Let the govt bring back Bakassi. The police has failed, simple. During  the Bakassi days, Abia was very safe.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by doyin13(m): 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2010
Such childishness. . .when there are serious issues to be discussed.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Afam4eva(m): 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2010
@ EzeUche

I'll have to disagree with you on the notion that criminal acts are commited by Mgwa people alone. That's insane. Is like s aying all robberies in Lagos are commited by indegenous yoruba people. Don't forget that Aba is a commercial city and attracts people from different parts of the country.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by rhymz(m): 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
Bluetooth
I suppose the truth you are referring to is the nonsense you and that junk have been spewing? It is so convenient for you and that junk to sit in your house and play prof like you understand everything. Abia state has the worse crime rate, nobody has denied that, what I find impulsive and ignorant are the spurious claims and the hosanna frenzy that you and your likes have turned the thread to, like crime is an excluse vice of the east or Abia state.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by daylae(m): 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
@kobojunkie it is natural to always defend your house even though its certain that the critics are saying the truth. Most of these guys here are living in the west,and some can't even remember when last they visit. Have a igbo boss who wanted to visit,he says he'll rather go alone without his family because of the crime rate there. Ask nsofia,zack orji,and pete edoche, i guess they'll never step their footstep home again,for fear of being kidnapped.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Afam4eva(m): 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2010
bk/babe97:

The Ibo man and the "inferiority complex" I stay talking 'bout! Why u gotta bring the yorubas into yall discussion of which Ibo group got the "best" Armed Robbers and kidnappers is really beyond me. . . . .
This one na human being?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2010
daylae:

@kobojunkie it is natural to always defend your house even though its certain that the critics are saying the truth.
Oh please do not even excuse the actions of these things here. Not everyone likes to live in denial, especially when lives are affected in the way they are in this case.
daylae:

Most of these guys here are living in the west,and some can't even remember when last they visit.
Precisely!
daylae:

Have a igbo boss who wanted to visit,he says he'll rather go alone without his family because of the crime rate there. Ask nsofia,zack orji,and pete edoche, i guess they'll never step their footstep home again,for fear of being kidnapped.
It is terrible situation as I used to live in Aba and the city was bad then but not this hellish. I don't understand why the people continue to play politics in the area even when there are no Hausa's or Yoruba's involved. It just sickens me !
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by bawomolo(m): 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2010
Such childishness. . .when there are serious issues to be discussed.

ding ding ding.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2010
rhymz:

Bluetooth
I suppose the truth you are referring to is the nonsense you and that junk have been spewing? It is so convenient for you and that junk to sit in your house and play prof like you understand everything. Abia state has the worse crime rate, nobody has denied that, what I find impulsive and ignorant are the spurious claims and the hosanna frenzy that you and your likes have turned the thread to, like crime is an excluse vice of the east or Abia state.
no sentiments at all.just telling you what's up.
Nchara:

Let the govt bring back Bakassi. The police has failed, simple. During  the Bakassi days, Abia was very safe.
well said,it's high time the govt took a more aggressive approach towards this issue.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2010
But Abia state has vigilante groups working within the state. I seen a lot of them in Umuahia.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by rhymz(m): 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2010
Bluetooth
Hmmm. . . Whatever it is you are taking don't stop, it is surely excorcing you!. . Lol. . Lemme give you the benefit of the doubt, yeah you are for real. . . Lol. .
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by denzel2009: 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2010
This Aba is terrible, the armed robbers should just rob and spare the innocent citizens. They actually killed a colleague few years ago in Aba bank branch.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 12:27am On Jun 08, 2010
From Blueetooth

if you think crime in edo state is still high,then i would say you are not abreast with the happenings in nigeria until the proliferation of the internet.go and ask folks from edo state and ask them what benin was like during the igbinedion days.precisely before he introduced SARS.Bluetooth,

Something for you on Edo

Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals
« on: June 06, 2010, 08:56 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Benin monarch, Omo’noba Erediauwa summoned all his chiefs, traditional worshippers to assemble on Thursday to place a curse on the brains behind the deteriorating level of security in the city.

The Oba who gave this directive through the Iyase of Benin, Chief Sam Igbe, during a meeting with the Enigies, Igie-Ohen in Benin, said the pronouncement of the curse would take place at the traditional Urhokpota hall.

The Information Officer, Benin Traditional Council, Robinson Osayanmwen, in a statement said, all those involved in kidnapping, assassination, robbery and other violent crimes in the state would be cursed.

“The monarch also requested that the Enigie, Igie-Ohen, Edionwere, market women and other traditional worshippers should come with whatever they have to ensure that these evil doers in our state are wiped away for peace to reign in the state,” it stated.

FROM THE VANGUARD

This is the first time that the Oba is wading into this to the extent of invoking a curse. It simply means that crime in Edo has ballooned to a new high that the Oba becomes so directly concerned.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by bawomolo(m): 5:53am On Jun 08, 2010
denzel2009:

This Aba is terrible, the armed robbers should just rob and spare the innocent citizens. They actually killed a colleague few years ago in Aba bank branch.

huh i guess the people being robbed are guilty citizens or aliens.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by exago(m): 8:38am On Jun 08, 2010
EzeUche:

Show us the proof instead of talking. I am from Abia State and I never heard that nonsense. The burden of proof is on you!

Ebonyi state = yes

Abia state = no

I will not allow some wench to spread lies about my state without showing proof.

pls take a look at this stat. . . but should it be enough reason to unleash this madness on innocent folks residing in the state.

Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by exago(m): 8:49am On Jun 08, 2010
@aisha
please can you look into these posts that tend to insult persons then treat the topic at hand
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by rhymz(m): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2010
Seriously, I am yet to see any state that can boast of a very low crime rate in Nigeria. Bluetooth, do you know the scale of crime that goes on that Okada junction on daily basis. I, personally ve been a witness to such incident when I was coming back to Lagos from Owerre, I was lucky cos we had been alerted of what was going on in front, everyone fled the bus and ran into the thick forest. For more than an hour this robbery gang took charge of the whole of that Okada junction, shooting indiscrimately, some passengers were shot to death there and then, they were all stripped naked in broad day light. . .these robbers were no jokers they came with Aks and M-16s, these guys were clothed in heavy bullet straps and charms, their faces were not hooded and their language was a familiar jargon I hear most of the time from cult students, they used terms like Cappo, Baddo, officer,commando, Don T, even in my hiding place I could hear heavy artilley barrage attacks, I could hear ppl screaming and crying, robbers shouting lie down, shut up! or I waste you! It was terrible but I was surprise when I got to Lagos, there was no reported news on that incident. I believe nobody is taking the issue Security seriously, it is high time we started talking of community policing or better still States having their own police, paramilitary force to combat crime decisively, not the soft approach of Amnesty crap. Seriously the problem of crime in the whole of the eastern region(SE and SS) is a direct consequence of not just lapse security in that region. The problem is multi-faceted, unrecoverd arms and weapons given to hoodlums during election, compromise on both the part of the FG and State government when it comes to security. In PH, street cult is a common knowledge, likewise Owerre where you ve sec sch student gangs and cult, you hear of "Umu yellow" or "ndi fe ga blue" or even eastcoast and all that crap couple with their elder cult groups from IMSU. . . My bruva has been a victim several times of these guys. The Police knows about these gangs and cults but what do they do? Of course, nothing! These guys are easy tools for unleashing terror during elections and that is where they get their weapons from. The SW is not shielded from this ugly trend as I can confidently tell you of a new trend here in Lagos, some of these cult guys have taken it to the street, esp those of LASU, they help you with your Jamb exams and in exchange you become one of em. A lot of em mask themselves as yahoo boys but a closer look reveals more than just that. Street carnivals in some street in my Area became a battle ground for rival cult groups, am talking of a recent incident that happened btw december 09 and january 10. I just think the government is not giving half the attention it gives to elections and stuff to Security and that is sad.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by exago(m): 8:59am On Jun 08, 2010
Nchara:

Let the govt bring back Bakassi. The police has failed, simple. During  the Bakassi days, Abia was very safe.

EzeUche:

But Abia state has vigilante groups working within the state. I seen a lot of them in Umuahia.

There are palpable fears that commercial activities in Aba, Abia State, are graduallyA being crippled as commercial banks in the city remained closed, yesterday, after last Wednesday's violent robbery attacks at First Bank and Fidelity Bank Plc on Port Harcourt road and Alaoji areas of the city.

Alaoji as indicted above is the supposed based of the vigilante group [bakassi boys], yet it was hit and 'no show' by these same boys.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2010
denzel2009:

WHat the heck are you talking about? Have you ever been to Aba for you to make the statement you have above? We are speaking of a city inhabitant by a majority poor and you want the robbers to rob who and spare whom? aaaarrggghh!!! These are people who bleed red blood . . . mothers, sisters, brothers, fathers etc that are affected here.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by o9999: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ bluetooth
u actually ask for the diff b/w the governor and Anambra and that of Abia?
Now y do i remember Sarah Palin thinking Africa was a COUNTRY,

Under what ever guise u want to put it now, that question is , sooooo,
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 08, 2010
This thread is filled with too many Missiles, Guys please play nice
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2010
@Moderator, if you DELETED the offensive comments often, maybe they will learn better. There is no avoiding threads like these but removing the offensive comments can help maintain and reduce the occurrence, and maybe discourage offenders from posting insults and vulgar language.

Telling them to play nice is apparently not been cutting it. The threads themselves are not the problem, the offensive comments are.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2010
Ok moderator I will play nice.

Kobojunkie, she should make an example out of you with your disrespect of using the word "Ibo" instead of Igbo since people have told you countless times to change that habit.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2010
Thanks Kobojunkie, Done that.
Thanks Ezeuche, lets be fair, lets not loose our head on Nairaland Please
Kobojunkie, you read what he said, kids, lets all get along, make my Job easier
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2010
aisha2:

Kobojunkie, you read what he said, kids, lets all get along, make my Job easier

lol Please, do not even defend that.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

lol  Please, do not even defend that.

Kobojunkie, you should know to follow directions. She is the MODERATOR. And we Igbos find your spelling of the word Igbo very disrespectful.

And I will not lose my head, dear moderator. I only need one warning.

Now back on topic. Security should be the number 1 priority for the people of Aba and the rest of Abia State.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2010
EzeUche:

Kobojunkie, you should know to follow directions. She is the MODERATOR. And we Igbos find your spelling of the word Igbo very disrespectful.

And I will not lose my head, dear moderator. I only need one warning.

Now back on topic. Security should be the number 1 priority for the people of Aba and the rest of Abia State.
you are just talking some sense here.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by davidif: 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2010
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY SEF? WHAT THE HECK IS THE GOVT. DOING OVER THERE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nationwide Strike Starts Tommorow / My Experience From Ikeja All The Way To 3rd Mainland Bridge (PICS) / Edo Council Boss Arraigned For Contract Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.