Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (7146 Views)

Aba Banks Drop Nigerian Flags To Avoid Vandalization By Biafra Rioters / I’m Concerned About Traffic Gridlock, Robberies –gov Ambode / Again!aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Abagworo(m): 12:28am On Jun 09, 2010
KIDNAPPERS ABDUCT EDITOR's DAD, DEMAND RANSOM IN ABIA
By AkanimoReports send a private message
Aba : Nigeria | Jun 08, 2010
2 0
Views: 52

KIDNAPPERS in the Abia State axis of the South-East geo-political zone of Nigeria, have abducted Chief Etuk-Udo Sampson, father Akanimo Sampson, who contributes to ALLVOICES as AkanimoReports, and editor (Niger Delta) of Watchdog Reporters. He was abducted with three others on Saturday, on their way back from a wedding ceremony.

Pa Sampson was at Ikeduru in Imo State, for the wedding ceremony of his nephew, Mr. Akanimo N. Sampson Etukudo, as the groom's fatherof the day. Some five other relatives who accompanied him to the wedding received serious gun shot wounds.

An eye-witness account said Pa Sampson was abducted at Onicha Ngwa, near the Nigerian Christian Hospital, after sporadic gun shots by the bandits which lasted for some ten minutes.

The abducted citizens have been denied food since Sunday, while their abductors are pressing for a ransom of N30 million.

Already, the Nigeria Police, Rivers state command, has made necessary contacts with the Abia state command to ensure that the captives regain their freedom.

Police Commissiner, Mr. Suleman Abba, said on Tuesday that his command has brought the incident to the knowledge of the Abia state high command.

Spokesperson for Journalist for Niger Delta (JODEL), a media group concerned with the affairs of the oil and gas region, Mr. Daniel Abia, claimed that Abia state was becoming increasingly unsafe for Akwa Ibom and Rivers states citizens.

The group is therefore, calling on Abuja to do something about that axis of terror since the authorities in Umuahia, the Abia state capital, appear to be helpless.

From Eket where Pa Sampson hails, concerned citizens have called on the Godswill Akpabio administration to ensure the safety of Akwa Ibom who move to and fro Abia state.

Spokesperson for the concerned Eket people, Mr. Maurice Edohoeket, claimed that if the tide was not tamed, ''the Akwa Ibom people could be forced to embark on reprrisal attacks. There are some prominent Abia people who live and do business in Akwa Ibom''.

In the mean time, sources say the health of the senior citizen who recently came out of a surgical operation is at risk. He is also a royal father in Atai Ndon, Afaha-Eket, in Eket Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.

Before the Nigerian civil war, Sampson was a prominent figure in the automobile industry in Aba, the burstling commercial town of Abia. Before retiring to the traditional i nstitution, he was the sales manager of Auto Engineering Sales and Service Ltd, in Calabar, the capital city of Cross River State. ENDS
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by udezue(m): 12:36am On Jun 09, 2010
Yarodin,
Nwanna biko kpalachalakwa anya ghu. Obu onye si ghu na ndi Aro wu osu? I mara ivfe di ghu mma ghu ewepu onu ghu na okwu gbasara Aro maka na obu akuko otele ka I na ka ibe. Mgbe one ka ndi Aro bidoro bibe na ala Ngwa nke otua? I nunugo na enwere Aro-Ngwa? Amarim na I wu anu nkapi. Atarom' ghu uta. Akalogheli!
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by udezue(m): 12:42am On Jun 09, 2010
Bluetooth,
You are just an ignorant dimwit. Since when did Peter Obi of Anambara become Orji of Abia? Ugh!!!
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by kigali(m): 12:53am On Jun 09, 2010
The issue is that the government in power is so corrupt that everything in that State is beginning to fall apart,Ranging from Their Road Networks to Heep of Rubbish on the Roads & Streets,Social life there is @Zero level,Their Government is still busy looting the state treasury at the expense of the State Security.I still think some body is been compromised,Meanwhile the banks are ensuring security measures,I used to live there before my travel,so i know what its like, I get the News first hand from 9ija.

Manchester City.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by udezue(m): 12:57am On Jun 09, 2010
A city known for so much talent and ingenuity now in such disarray.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nwaaba1(m): 1:08am On Jun 09, 2010
the useless police are serious collecton #20 from buses aba security is a disgrace if the hear gun shot the all will run alway only god will save us here in aba.

Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by udezue(m): 1:10am On Jun 09, 2010
That Mr Maurice from Akwaibom is silly to make such threats like as if the kidnappers give a crap about the Abia busimen in Akwaibom. They will be making a grave mistake if they turn this into Akwaibom vs Abia coz there is nothing ethnic about this. What we need is a well thought out plan plan on how to deal with the kidnappers. They should import bakassi for a start since the moronic state police can't do much but turn on innocent ppl. The day that citizens in Aba start fighting back too is when kidnappers will start thinking twice b4 doing anything. I was just discussing something related but to this with a member of NL and its clear that issues like this can't be solely solved by state authorities. Its like this, if more and more are patient enough to refuse to pay police men bribes at check points and instead visit the stations sef to prove their innocence sef the police will most likely get tired of trying to extort $$$ from people coz they know that the average citizen isn't ready to give their thievin behinds $$ they don't deserve.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by rhymz(m): 9:53am On Jun 09, 2010
Some Nigerians talk without the use of their brains, they just let their lips flap and say shiit. How can anyone reduce kidnapping to a tribal war, whoever gave that idiot an audience deserves to be kidnapped too. So it would have made a whole a lot of difference if he was kidnapped in Akwa ibom state?. . Some ppl just talk before they think, so it is like; it is ok to kidnapp as long as the ppl being kidnapped are indigenes or not close to you, maybe Igbos in River state should also carry out reprisal attacks on indegenous folks in Rivers state for the igbos that ve been kidnapped there. Like say I dey there when the Mofo dey gist im okpata i go just take that mic wey im dey take gist dust knack im head so im go do him worse. . .scheeew. . .eteh wey suppose dey im oga house BQ dey do im boyboy work. . . Scheeew!
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by exago(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2010
mama-gee:

And what effect would the protests have on the armed robbery problem.

It doesn't make sense, Do they expect the robbers to care or something?

@mama-gee pls read. . .

Robbers Threaten to Invade Banks in Abia
From Emmanuel Ugwu in Umuahia, 06.08.2010
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=175209

A rash of security beef up has commenced at commercial banks in Umuahia, the capital  of Abia state, following a threat letter allegedly sent by armed robbers asking the banks to prepare to be invaded like it happened in Aba last week.
Similar letter and the subsequent armed robbery attacks on commercial banks operating in Aba caused the banks to close shops since last Wednesday thereby paralysing business activities in the commercial and industrial nerve centre of Abia state.

To avert possible armed robbery attacks, banks in Umuahia have beefed up security around their premises, even to the discomfort of their customers, who are subjected to serious security scrutiny before being allowed into the bank halls to access banking services.
In some banks, customers were not allowed to drive into the premises leaving a long queue of vehicles along the streets where such banks are located and also in the adjoining streets.

As expected, bank customers are already agonising over the extra checks they were made to undergo in order to transact businesses in their banks but opinions were divided as some said they didn’t mind so long as it would guarantee security given the experience of banks in Aba.
It would be recalled that when the criminals allegedly wrote some banks in Aba informing them that they were coming for a nefarious visit the threat letters were ignored and the armed robbers eventually invaded the banks to the consternation of the affected banks that lost huge sums of money to the invading hoodlums.

There has also been noticeable influx of security men into Umuahia drawn from formations in other states. One of such detachment from Kaduna is camped at Union Primary School Afara waiting to be mobilised as at press time.
The security situation in Abia appears to have worsened following the set back suffered by the amnesty programme of the state government when the extended deadline expired on Sunday. A combined team of soldiers and policemen was said to have thrown a spanner in the works when they stormed one of the centres where repentant criminals were expected to surrender their arms and register for rehabilitation package by Abia government in collaboration with the federal government.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by kobikwelu(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
rash of security beef up has commenced at commercial banks in Umuahia, the capital of Abia state, following a threat letter allegedly sent by armed robbers asking the banks to prepare to be invaded like it happened in Aba last week.
Similar letter and the subsequent armed robbery attacks on commercial banks operating in Aba caused the banks to close shops since last Wednesday thereby paralysing business activities in the commercial and industrial nerve centre of Abia state.

To avert possible armed robbery attacks, banks in Umuahia have beefed up security around their premises, even to the discomfort of their customers, who are subjected to serious security scrutiny before being allowed into the bank halls to access banking services.
In some banks, customers were not allowed to drive into the premises leaving a long queue of vehicles along the streets where such banks are located and also in the adjoining streets.

As expected, bank customers are already agonising over the extra checks they were made to undergo in order to transact businesses in their banks but opinions were divided as some said they didn’t mind so long as it would guarantee security given the experience of banks in Aba.
It would be recalled that when the criminals allegedly wrote some banks in Aba informing them that they were coming for a nefarious visit the threat letters were ignored and the armed robbers eventually invaded the banks to the consternation of the affected banks that lost huge sums of money to the invading hoodlums.

There has also been noticeable influx of security men into Umuahia drawn from formations in other states. One of such detachment from Kaduna is camped at Union Primary School Afara waiting to be mobilised as at press time.
The security situation in Abia appears to have worsened following the set back suffered by the amnesty programme of the state government when the extended deadline expired on Sunday. A combined team of soldiers and policemen was said to have thrown a spanner in the works when they stormed one of the centres where repentant criminals were expected to surrender their arms and register for rehabilitation package by Abia government in collaboration with the federal government.

this governor is one of the most clueless joker on this planet earth,
offering ammnesty to armed robbers

i think the case has gotten outta his hands as the federal government will soon take over security of the state,

i think the federal government should declare a state of emergency (a bit extreme) since he is not ready to do anything about it,

food for thought:

what is orji uzor kalu's role in all this
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by jmoore(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
I do not think it made national news when kidnappers/criminals invaded a police station and freed one of their own , capturing some policemen with them.

Also the policemen attacked innocent civilians instead of catching the criminals. it was so pathetic to see these policemen pour petrol on civilians and their shops, They set their shops on fire.

There is no security in aba, abia state and i wondered why the president have not declared a state of emergency in that state
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by ud4u: 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
Tribal bashing, just embarassed
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by yarodin: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2010
udezue:

Yarodin,
Nwanna biko kpalachalakwa anya ghu. Obu onye si ghu na ndi Aro wu osu? I mara ivfe di ghu mma ghu ewepu onu ghu na okwu gbasara Aro maka na obu akuko otele ka I na ka ibe. Mgbe one ka ndi Aro bidoro bibe na ala Ngwa nke otua? I nunugo na enwere Aro-Ngwa? Amarim na I wu anu nkapi. Atarom' ghu uta. Akalogheli!

Hmm, so Eze of Arochukwu's brother has finally come to his rescue. Look my friend whether I am full or half baked, you should know that no Igboman will standby and watch another pour insults on his village/town. I am normally not the one to attack my fellow Igbo brothers or sisters, but when one of them gets out of hand it is on. I will not comment on this topic again, but you should talk to your brother to watch his tongue.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
I really wish it was easy to get news from out of that place.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by exago(m): 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2010
Praying. . .
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by tefund(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2010
This bank robbery stuff should be niped in the bud before it a national embarassment, what is onovo doing?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Abagworo(m): 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2010
KIDNAPPED EDITOR's DAD RELEASED AS SOLDIERS TAKE OVER ABA
Aba : Nigeria | Jun 10, 2010
1 0
Views: 6

JOURNALIST's DAD REGAINS FREEDOM, AS SOLDIERS, POLICE FLOOD ABIA

NGWA kidnappers in the Abia State axis of the South-East geo-political zone of Nigeria, have freed Chief Etuk-Udo Sampson, father of a front line journa;list, Akanimo Sampson, as the Nigerian Government choked that axis of terror with more armed security forces on Wednesday.

Pa Sampson was abducted with three other relatives on Saturday on their way to Eket in Akwa Ibom State, after a wedding ceremony at Ikeduru, in Imo State. They were abducted at gun point at Onicha Ngwa, near the Nigerian Christian Hospital.

Akanimo said on Thursday that Mr. Sani Zorror, an aide to Vice President Nnamadi Sambo on public engagement, and Mr. Suleman Abba, Commissioner of Police, Rivers State command, played pivotal roles in getting the relevant security agencies to act swiftly.

''As of Wednesday, Aba the commercial town of Abia state was choked with the heavy presence of armed security forces up to the boundary are with Akwa Ibom state.

Highly placed security chiefs say six Ngwa communities have been identified as bases of the Abia terrorists.

Pa Sampson who was full of praises for the authorities and concerned citizens who prayed and took action for his freedom, said government should intensify action to ensure that Nigerian youths get jobs.

According to Pa Sampson who is a royal father in Atai Ndon, Afaha-Eket, ''most of the youths who have taken up arms against the society are employable with relevant qualifications.''

Continuing, he said he said there should be a robust welfare scheme in the country as part of a holistic security strategy.

Chief Sampson retired as a sales manager from Auto Engineering Sales and Service in the late 1980s, for community service and the traditional institution. ENDS

* Print
* Share:
* Share Wait,
* Digg
* Reddit
* Facebook
* Stumbleupon
>>>>Retweet Button Code Here<<<<

* Credibility
* Reach
* Wait, Flag

Global Reach
This report's viewers come from the following countries:

* France (33.3%)
* Nigeria (33.3%)
* United Kingdom (33.3%)

READ MORE: Kidnapping, Abia State, Police, Soldiers, Etuk-Udo Sampson, Nigerian Christian Hospital, Nnamadi Sambo, Akanimo Sampson, Sani Zorror, Abia, Suleman Abba, disasters-news, Nigeria, Aba, Geography, Ethnic groups in Africa, Eket people, Local Government Areas of Nigeria, Ngwa, States of Nigeria, Pa Sampson, Akwa Ibom State
More News From: Aba : Nigeria
Post a Comment Comments: 0
Enter your comment below
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
Abagworo:

KIDNAPPED EDITOR's DAD RELEASED AS SOLDIERS TAKE OVER ABA
Aba : Nigeria | Jun 10, 2010
1 0
Views: 6

JOURNALIST's DAD REGAINS FREEDOM, AS SOLDIERS, POLICE FLOOD ABIA

NGWA kidnappers in the Abia State axis [/b]of the South-East geo-political zone of Nigeria, have freed Chief Etuk-Udo Sampson, father of a front line journa;list, Akanimo Sampson, as the Nigerian Government choked that axis of terror with more armed security forces on Wednesday.

So they are [b]Ngwa!
I knew it. These people breed criminality.

When all of my fellow Non-Ngwa Igbos said they could have been outsiders, this is proof that it is the Ngwa. Some even made the claim that they were HAUSA. But it is our very own NGWA!

How do we solve this Ngwa problem?  angry angry
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by yarodin: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
EzeUche:

So they are Ngwa! I knew it. These people breed criminality.

When all of my fellow Non-Ngwa Igbos said they could have been outsiders, this is proof that it is the Ngwa. Some even made the claim that they were HAUSA. But it is our very own NGWA!

How do we solve this Ngwa problem? angry angry

SHUT YOUR ROTTEN MOUTH YOU FUCKING SON OF A OSU HARLOT.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by ChinenyeN(m): 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2010
EzeUche, simply shut up. The message can't get any clearer than that.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
Yarodin and Chinenye

It becomes increasingly difficult to continue thinking that this is not an ngwa thing what with all the guns freely available from Abala and the reports available online. Ok, let us see how this plays out with the increased military presence in ngwaland. If kidnapping stops or reduces dramatically, then for sure it is like 90% or more ngwa thing. My imagination has been running riot since learning that ngwas have tribal marks which supports the notion that the kidnapper leader in the story I quoted on the other thread, who was speaking ngwa even though he looked like a northerner, could indeed be an ngwa.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by ChinenyeN(m): 12:08am On Jun 11, 2010
Abala's hand in this does not make this an "Ngwa thing". The arms industry is a lucrative business. Abala is a weapons manufacturing town by culture and trade. Put two and two together. It does not seem to me to be a matter of causation. I also fail to understand how increased military presence, coupled with the decrease in kidnapping would point to this situation being an "Ngwa thing". Increased military presence would basically have that effect, regardless of whether or not it is an "Ngwa thing", would it not? So how can that point to causation? Also, I'm really not sure what you have in mind when you think "Ngwa tribal marks".
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by yarodin: 12:09am On Jun 11, 2010
Nchara:

Yarodin and Chinenye

It becomes increasingly difficult to continue thinking that this is not an ngwa thing what with all the guns freely available from Abala and the reports available online. Ok, let us see how this plays out with the increased military presence in ngwaland. If kidnapping stops or reduces dramatically, then for sure it is like 90% or more ngwa thing. My imagination has been running riot since learning that ngwas have tribal marks which supports the notion that the kidnapper leader in the story I quoted on the other thread, who was speaking ngwa even though he looked like a northerner, could indeed be an ngwa.

I have no doubt that some Ngwa bad eggs are trying to become millionaires overnight in the kidnapping business, but what is the State govt doing to stop this nonsense?  Abia has serious issues right now so trying to point the finger at one particular group is not the answer.    The next thing these idiots will start saying is that Ngwa people are the cause of the woes in the whole of the East.  Let us get one thing straight, Nigeria is a bleeped up place, and it looks like Igboland is trying to take the title as  the most useless region in Nigeria.   How can a whole State Govt be so powerless in fighting these kidnappers?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 12:11am On Jun 11, 2010
We cannot pay any attention to these Ngwa who are not even living in Ngwaland. I want to speak with an Ngwa who is currently living in Aba or some other part of Ngwaland.

As the article stated, it was Ngwa kidnappers, not an Hausa or a Non-Ngwa Igbo who did the kidnapping. If the Ngwa cannot deal with the bad elements of their society. I am sure the JTF or Non-Ngwa Igbo militias will deal with these people.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by yarodin: 12:13am On Jun 11, 2010
Oh but we should pay attention to you who is living in Maryland? Ok OSU Retard carry on.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 12:16am On Jun 11, 2010
yarodin:

Oh but we should pay attention to you who is living in Maryland?  Ok OSU Retard carry on.

Who are you calling an Osu you Ngwa slave? How dare you talk to an Aro man in such a way. You should know your place in the hierarchy.

I am one who spends at least 4 to 5 months in Alaigbo while I am in school.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by yarodin: 12:20am On Jun 11, 2010
EzeUche:

Who are you calling an Osu you Ngwa slave? How dare you talk to an Aro man in such a way. You should know your place in the hierarchy.

Men shut the fuckup, go back and study your history. We Ngwa people gave you idiots land to live, married your women and now you want to yarn rubbish. Go talk to your OSU elders they will school you properly. I won't be suprised if these kidnappers are Arochukwu claiming to be Ngwa, this is what happens when you let outsiders into your home.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 12:24am On Jun 11, 2010
yarodin,

You Ngwa fool. Your weak people are NOTHING! Backwards people. That is why people call your yeye people BUSH! Not civilized so your people are reduced to kidnapping other hard working Igbos. Lazy people.

Gave us land? Please we took land from you fools. Sold your people. And we definitely penetrated into your lands. Maybe these akatas who are running around are your kinsmen we sold.

Ngwaland breeds criminality!
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by doyin13(m): 12:25am On Jun 11, 2010
lol. . .a lot of you sound like peeps who hitherto your conception of culture
was FUBU, PHAT FARM and ROCAWEAR.

Why did you have to go and pick up that pamphlet on Igbo History.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by ChinenyeN(m): 12:26am On Jun 11, 2010
What kind of hierarchy? See, this is exactly the kind of thing that got your ancestors and their hired mercenaries killed in Ngwa. So please, stop deluding yourself, because there is no hierarchy.

Now, Nchara, you have to understand that no one here is denying Ngwa involvement. We just see the tag "Ngwa thing" to be a stretch.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by yarodin: 12:34am On Jun 11, 2010
EzeUche:

yarodin,

You Ngwa fool. Your weak people are NOTHING! Backwards people. That is why people call your yeye people BUSH! Not civilized so your people are reduced to kidnapping other hard working Igbos. Lazy people.

Gave us land? Please we took land from you fools. Sold your people. And we definitely penetrated into your lands. Maybe these akatas who are running around are your kinsmen we sold.

Ngwaland breeds criminality!

LOL, ok AroOSU I guess everyone including retards are entitled to their beliefs, but with your statement above you just proved my point that you and your people are nothing but OSU.   And anybody that comes to the defense of this idiot is a f retard.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 12:41am On Jun 11, 2010
yarodin:

LOL, ok AroOSU I guess everyone is entitled to their belief, but with your statement above your just proved my point that you and your people are nothing but OSU.   And anybody that comes to the defense of this idiot is a f retard.

Osu?

I wish my ancestors conquered your land. If it wasn't for the British, you would be bowing down to the Aro Eze. Thank the white man for your ability to speak such rubbish concerning my people.

No out of Alaigbo knows about you Ngwa, but people know about the Aro Confederacy. Last time I checked, Ngwaland is not on any map, but Igboland is synonymous with the Aro Confederacy or Nri.

Ngwa = criminality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Dimeji Bankole Married? / The Most Influential Man In The City Of Port Harcourt / FG Deploys Meteorological Services For Food Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.