Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (7148 Views)

Aba Banks Drop Nigerian Flags To Avoid Vandalization By Biafra Rioters / I’m Concerned About Traffic Gridlock, Robberies –gov Ambode / Again!aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by yemmight(m): 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2010
Governor without a single idea of how to run a state. Tufiapa.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2010
oyb:

later ezeuche and co will come here to run their mouths about the superiority of the fellas from the east  

whwatever else the isues with the rest of nigeria may be - we have not let hoodlums become the doers and undoers
lroflmao.the east is  breeding for armed-robbery,kidnapping and political thuggery evident from the antecedent of the ubas
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by doyin13(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2010
Rather than pour scorn and delight at the misfortune of others, I suggest we reflect on the many innocent lives lost as a result of this lapse in law and order.

You should also remember, the East is a part of Nigeria, and these are erstwhile great enterprising cities on the precipice of becoming ghost towns. This cannot benefit anybody whichever part of the country you hail from.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Mbeki: 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2010
Some people are just morons on the keyboard.
If you can't make an intelligent contribution to a discuss, why not read other people's useful comments and make good use of the internet?
Am referring to all those tribalistic chimps making those imbecilic comments above. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2010
Mbeki:

Some people are just morons on the keyboard.
If you can't make an intelligent contribution to a discuss, why not read other people's useful comments and make good use of the internet?
Am referring to all those tribalistic chimps making those imbecilic comments above. embarassed embarassed embarassed
wise one.what is your own contribution to the issue at hand ?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2010
After this people like Bluetooth will call themselves nontribalists? After this people like Katsumoto will attack others for tribalising Yoruba issue, having failed to rein in people like Blurtooth? It was on this board that we read how Ogun state house of Assembly begged robbers to go for a break. I wonder what we will say about armed robbery records in Ogun, Oyo and Lagos. Are they any better than that of Abia?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2010
Could you please stop indulging the numb knots long enough to see these are lives that are being put in confusion here? We are speaking of a state with one of the highest poverty rates in the country( According to the reports from the National Bureau of Statistics) already. People are being deprived and worse, caused to live their lives in fear by these hoodlums. It should not be an ' IBO' issue but a Nigeria issue cause these people deserve better too.

Kobojunkie,

Do you care sharing this statistics. I am very curious.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2010
Nchara:

After this people like Bluetooth will call themselves nontribalists? After this people like Katsumoto will attack others for tribalising Yoruba issue, having failed to rein in people like Blurtooth? It was on this board that we read how Ogun state house of Assembly begged robbers to go for a break. I wonder what we will say about armed robbery records in Ogun, Oyo and Lagos. Are they any better than that of Abia?

Please get a life and a brain while you are at it. What is the benefit of that to the situation in Abia today? How does that help this particular issue?

Nchara:

Kobojunkie,
Do you care sharing this statistics. I am very curious.

Use google and find the Bureau's website for yourself.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2010
Oyo, Imo, Ogun, others lead in armed robbery
By Yusuf Alli Published Today News Rating: Unrated
Armed robbery cases are more pronounced in seven of the 36 states, it was learnt yesterday.

The states are Oyo, Imo, Ogun, Kano, Cross River, Rivers and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

The crime figures, which are contained in the 2008 Report of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), are based on cases reported to the police as at the end of 2007.

The breakdown of the armed robbery cases in the seven states, as at 2007 ending, is as follows: Oyo (224); FCT (172); Imo (176); Rivers (145); Cross River (137); Kano (108); and Ogun (107).

But while Lagos State recorded a drastic fall in armed robbery cases from 300 to 70, eight states had less than 28 armed robbery incidents.

The states are: Gombe(27); Benue(27); Plateau(26); Kwara(25); Sokoto(24); Jigawa(16); Kebbi(20); and Yobe(20).

The ratings of others are: Abia(89); Adamawa(96); Akwa Ibom(88); Anambra(96); Bauchi(41); Bayelsa(52); Borno(41); Delta(63); Ebonyi(51); and Edo(79).

Others are Ekiti(85); Kaduna(40); Katsina(31); Kogi(41); Nasarawa(36); Niger(32); Ondo(58); Osun(51); Taraba(80);

Although it could not be ascertained why the 2007 figure for Enugu State was not listed, a source said: "we had 44 cases for the state as at 2006."

The source in the NBS, who spoke in confidence with The Nation, said the figures are "the current official records/data which any institution or person could work with."

"We based our statistics on the five-year data provided by the Nigeria Police Force and the period in question had covered 2003 to 2007 for comparison. But the latest figure will be that of 2007 which we have produced as a report that is already in circulation in government and public.

"We got far-reaching statistics from the police including the numbers of persons arrested; those prosecuted for robbery; suspects awaiting trial; civilians killed by armed robbers; armed robbers killed by the police; the injured robbers; and cases pending investigation.

"The statistics is not meant to ridicule any state but it will assist those with high crime rates to improve on their security network. For the police in particular, it would allow them to take stock and strengthen their operation in flash-points," the source added.

The report said: "The Data on public order are sourced from the Nigeria Police Force. They cover crimes, road accident cases and casualties, armed robbery cases and involvement, vehicles stolen and recovered, court cases, juvenile cases and bank frauds."

The report identified Jigawa and Kogi states as the least poor states. Others are Kebbi, Kwara, Yobe and Bauchi.

It states: "The poverty incidence by state reveals the differences in the well-being of the people across the states.

"For example, Jigawa has the highest poverty incidence (91 per cent), while Oyo State has the lowest (21 per cent). In addition, the first 11 states with the highest poverty incidence are from the North. As for the depth and severity, Kogi ranks highest, while Oyo has the lowest.

"The likely reasons for high poverty levels in Jigawa and Kogi are heavy reliance on agriculture, high level of unemployment and low level of human capital development.

"On the other hand, the low poverty incidence recorded for Oyo is basically from the lower cost of living when compared to other states of the country. Food prices, transportation fares and accommodation rents are relatively low in Oyo State, including Ibadan, the capital."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/8965/1/Oyo-Imo-Ogun-others-lead-in-armed-robbery/Page1.html
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2010
Panic, as Armed Robbers Hold Ogun Hostage
From Jaiyeola Andrews in Abeokuta, 03.21.2010
Ogun State residents are living in palpable fear, as men of the underworld have taken over the state, killing innocent people and snatching cars at will. Most hit is the state capital, Abeokuta, as well as Ijebu-Ode axis of the state.In Abeokuta for example, hotels are daily visited by men of the underworld, who dispossess guests of their belongings and often shoot them.Checks by THISDAY indicated,

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=169068
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2010
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2010
Ogun State House of Assembly asks armed robbers to suspend activities during U-17 World Cup
http://www.ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8632
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2010
Today it is Abia, yesterday it was Ogun, Edo, Oyo, Lagos, Imo etc. Tomorrow it could be Jos, Calabar, Bayelsa etc.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please get a life and a brain while you are at it. What is the benefit of that to the situation in Abia today? How does that help this particular issue?

Use google and find the Bureau's website for yourself.

It will do you a whole world of good to stop peddling lies. Abia is nowhere near the poorest state in nigeria. Armed robbery in Abia, as in anywhere else, is undertaken for various reasons. Poverty is only one of those, others being greed, ostentation, peer pressure, etc.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
Kobojunkie is damn liar for stating Abia State is one of the poorest states in the country.

Damn woman doesn't know what she is talking about. Even though crime is rife in Ngwaland, Abia State is one of the wealthiest states in the country and in the top 10.

The burden of proof that says something else is on her.

I hate liars.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by ayo84(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2010
haba, don't crminals even respect their elders,robbing banks, at least they shld respect their state and go and rob banks in other states, they should rob bans in the north or something
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2010
Now back on topic.

What is the problem with these Ngwa people!!!

Give them Aba state and lets see how it turns into the cesspit of the EAST!
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2010
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2010
Nchara:

It will do you a whole world of good to stop peddling lies. Abia is nowhere near the poorest state in nigeria. Armed robbery in Abia, as in anywhere else, is undertaken for various reasons. Poverty is only one of those, others being greed, ostentation, peer pressure, etc.

Is it that you can actually PROVE that the National Bureau of Statistics in Nigeria does not have Abia State listed as one of the states with the highest poverty rates in Nigeria or that you are yet again letting your emotions get the best of you?

I see that your concern is less for the actual people affected by all this and more for your ego and your inability to accept that crime is bad in Abia state. Goodluck with that.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2010
What has this got to do with tribalism ?.The issue here is about lawlessness that reign in a state and the state govt couldnt do anything to stop it.the armed robbery case is on one side and the kidnapping on the other side.there was a time robbery was high in lagos and edos state but the state govt of those states rose to the challenge and today, crime has reduce drastically in lagos and edo states.my point is that the governor should rise to that challenge before the situation get out of hand.dig it ?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2010
Osun CP reads riot act to banks over robbery

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11550

Ilesa Bank Robbery: Police Arrest Suspects’ Armourer
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=8952
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Is it that you can actually PROVE that the National Bureau of Statistics in Nigeria does not have Abia State listed as one of the states with the highest poverty rates in Nigeria or that you are yet again letting your emotions get the best of you?

I see that your concern is less for the actual people affected by all this and more for your ego and your inability to accept that crime is bad in Abia state. Goodluck with that.

You are simply stu-pid. Show us the data from NBS that you are talking about and the matter ends there. There are tons of contrasting (to your claim) data on poverty in Nigerian states with[b] DATES[/b] even here on NL.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2010
Bluetooth.

Please show us one report that says crime has reduced in Edo state. I will be happy to read that.

Like I said crime goes round and comes round each of the states. I have provided some reports.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by EzeUche(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Show us the proof instead of talking. I am from Abia State and I never heard that nonsense. The burden of proof is on you!

Ebonyi state = yes

Abia state = no

I will not allow some wench to spread lies about my state without showing proof.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
EzeUche:

Show us the proof instead of talking. I am from Abia State and I never heard that nonsense. The burden of proof is on you!

Ebonyi state = yes

Abia state = no

I will not allow some wench to spread lies about my state without showing proof.

if you think crime in edo state is still high,then i would say you are not abreast with the happenings in nigeria until the proliferation of the internet.go and ask folks from edo state and ask them what benin was like during the igbinedion days.precisely before he introduced SARS.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2010
Bluetooth
Such bizzare only happen in igboland

So Abia has suddenly become the entire Igboland? I hope you react ok when the tribalism table turns on you.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2010
Nchara:

Bluetooth
So Abia has suddenly become the entire Igboland? I hope you react ok when the tribalism table turns on you.
i have always reacted equally even when yoruba is involved.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nchara: 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i have always reacted equally even when yoruba is involved.

I hear your lies. We shall see how it goes when Yoruba is involved.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by rhymz(m): 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2010
@ kobojunkie
whoever added junk to your name is less of an idiot than you. I know you are itching, like original sin you can't escape being a slowpoke, next time you are going to quote your amala & ewedu junk statistics be sure to recruite fellow tribal ruffians and retards like bluetooth and co-idiots, you bunch make a good example of unrestrained idiocy. I know you are slow  and coming up with proof will be too much of a brain-task for you cos you have got shits for brains.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by yarodin: 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2010
EzeUche:

Now back on topic.

What is the problem with these Ngwa people!!!

Give them Aba state and lets see how it turns into the cesspit of the EAST!

I said it earlier and I will say it again, your are the son of a HARLOT.  Crime is the main order of the day in Abia and all you and idiots like yourself can do is blame Ngwa people.  What is the State Government of Abia doing about this problem?   And for your information Abia is one of the poo holes in Nigeria thanks to people like you and that useless governor.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by ChinenyeN(m): 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2010
Before, I used to think that it was the indigenes who were the main culprits in all of this, but now I'm not so convinced. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians In Brussels, Belgium Occupy Nigeria Embassy / Lagos Power Projects Receives Boost With Transformer Plant / Anambra Has Never At Any Point Been The Economic Power Of The East-stats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.