Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? (34032 Views)

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions / Maradona Gives Nigeria A Middle Finger During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by imperiouxx(m): 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2018
Windflower:
Our coach: he doesn't feel passionate about the game, like he isn't giving his all. I saw Argentina's coach, the way he patted his team when they made their entrance for the second half. You could see from his reaction that failure was not an option.
The team itself: There was no good communication between the team in terms of passing the ball, Argentina was so well coordinated, it's was almost like they were communicating while passing the ball, they were a team on that field. Nigeria team was like a bunch of different people with individual differences.
Flexibility and Agility: clearly Nigeria lacked the ability to run around the field, Argentina was everywhere.

Oh please, that one is on something. Him and Maradona are on the same crack coke.

Too much dramas.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by boldking(m): 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2018
WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, I WRITE THIS: I am very sure majority of Nigerians left
everything they were supposed to do today to honour our players as they struggled to
reach a positive end. -------------------------------------------------------- First of all, I wish to
congratulate our #players for the wonderful performance they put out this evening. I am
sure we all saw that. Yes we lost the match, oh yes I know we lost the match. But did we
really loose this match on a normal ground? My fellow Nigerians, I know how bad things
are in our country but let us put that aside for now and consider the present situation.
......RACISM, OH YES RACISM!!!! They treated us with contempt, denied us our # right in
the presence of the whole world and made us look as if we are not humans. I know very
well that our players struggled, of course they really struggled with everything in them, yet
their efforts were ruined, ruined not by normal circumstances but with by hatred, and
magnanimous racism. Yes I know I may be sounding stupid to some people but I am just
expressing myself the way I feel, and I know very well that a lot of you out there are not
happy with what happened today. Well, "the oil has spilled and cannot be regained". I
suggest we appreciate our players for their efforts and not criticize them(using the present
problems we are facing in Nigeria) because they really did well. Oh!!! It pains, it really hurts
to be treated with contempt, but I know one thing. "Nothing last forever". All hail Nigeria!!
All hail our players!!
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by lexy2014: 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
gannod:

He should have been substituted in the 70th minute. Iwobi would have done a bett job. No discipline,no urgency and the coach is one of the dumbest coaches I have ever seen. He doesn't read matches very well. After we equalised, he should have brought Iwobi and Ebuehi in for etebo and Idowu respectively. I also wonder what Ogu was Doing on the bench...
I thought I was d only one questioning this our coach and his shallow football tactics & selection. This Argentine team is d worst d world has ever seen and we could have overwhelmed them. Iceland & Croatia showed us how. Take messi out of d game, they are gone. But guess what, d same messi who didn't c ball to play since d world cup started, became a star against Nigeria
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by kokomilala(m): 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
The Eagles showed too much respect to the Argentines in the first period. Thus, they conceded possession to them. The Argentines knew the Eagles ' midfield was compact. So, they resorted to long passes. One of which found the imperious Messi on 14 minutes. He opened his body, deftly controlled the ball with his left thigh-reminiscent of the late Rashidi Yekini's first goal against former Zaire at Tunisia '94 AFCON- brought it to his right foot with the aplomb and hit it on a half volley past our hapless keeper.
The Eagles should have closed them down in the midfield or better still press them in their own half, from their defence, the way Liverpool press. They should have got in their faces, play them dirty. Because the Argentines are technically superior to us. Give them a breather and you're done for.
In the final analysis, their technical superiority showed. Sport is about small margins at times. We had our chances but blew them. They had 2 and converted them. That's the difference.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by MiltonFine: 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
1. When the Argentines were busy planning their tactics, we were busy praying "Messi die by fire."
2. We had zero midfield control. Until we understand that the only way to win big games is by seizing the midfield, Argentina will continue to win us. Believe me you, we will meet them again at Qatar.
3. Ighalo na disgrace!
4. Iheanacho need koboko!
5. We did not play as a team, it was individual football we played.
6. We became complacent after the gift of an equaliser. Even I was surprised that the referee gave us that one, it is very rare in football to see a referee do the right thing when Nigeria is involved.
7. We should not field players who play for money and not glory. When you play for glory you will not lazy around like Ighalo, you will hustle like Messi.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by stieyven(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
tokrizy:
IGHALO is a big fool,but still d ref suppose blow dat PENALTY

Musa tried

9ja tried

d match was lively

LIKES 4 9ja

I'm proudly 9ja

BUHARI BACK 2 DAURA 2019

NO JOKES NO TIME

GERMANY 4 D WORLD CUP

MESSI MA DIRTY PLAYER

WELL I'M ON DRUGS

DON'T QUOTE ME
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by LucemFerre: 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
chinachris111:

WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, I WRITE THIS:
I am very sure majority of Nigerians left
everything they were supposed to do today to
honour our players as they struggled to reach a
positive end.
--------------------------------------------------------
First of all, I wish to congratulate our #players
for the wonderful performance they put out this
evening. I am sure we all saw that.
Yes we lost the match, oh yes I know we lost
the match. But did we really loose this match on
a normal ground?
My fellow Nigerians, I know how bad things are in
our country but let us put that aside for now
and consider the present situation.
......RACISM, OH YES RACISM!!!!
They treated us with contempt, denied us our
# right in the presence of the whole world and
made us look as if we are not humans. I know
very well that our players struggled, of course
they really struggled with everything in them, yet
their efforts were ruined, ruined not by normal
circumstances but with by hatred, and
magnanimous racism. Yes I know I may be
sounding stupid to some people but I am just
expressing myself the way I feel, and I know
very well that a lot of you out there are not
happy with what happened today.
Well, "the oil has spilled and cannot be
regained".
I suggest we appreciate our players for their
efforts and not criticize them(using the present
problems we are facing in Nigeria) because they
really did well.
Oh!!! It pains, it really hurts to be treated with
contempt, but I know one thing.
"Nothing last forever".
All hail Nigeria!!
All hail our players!!

Oga find place fix your nyash and shut da fvck up... Which kind racism

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by MiltonFine: 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
Rohr no sabi work!!!!
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by tunize(m): 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
Our coach actually messed up what he would have done is make some changes to the game at that 80smtn minute by killing the game simply restructure ur formation 5-4-1 or 4-4-2 diamond immediately by bringing in iwobi and removing mikel, then since musa was removed u bring in a defender cos dey jst needed that draw u kill the game choke u defence line(that coach dey like conte stubborn die).
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Vic74real: 11:17pm On Jun 26, 2018
We don't hv a coach. this was a coach that was sacked again and again in his previous assignments. Mikel brought his slow motion Chelsea game and infected the whole team
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by LucemFerre: 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
mojysiola:

God bless you for this write up. After the match, the simple question I asked was that can Racism ever end? Because clearly that was what the referee exhibited today.

See dis one again...
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by MiltonFine: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
LucemFerre:

Oga find place fix your nyash and shut da fvck up... Which kind racism
No mind am! Shey na racism make us squander our chances. Exactly the reason why we never get anything right in this country. Agreed, the referee made a number of wrong calls; but so also did the Argentines who gave the ball away rather cheaply on many occasions. What did we do with those opportunities? The Argentine goal keeper was merely a spectator in that game and non of our ball troubled him from start to finish.

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by LucemFerre: 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2018
MiltonFine:
No mind am! Shey na racism make us squander our chances. Exactly the reason why we never get anything right in this country. Agreed, the referee made a number of wrong calls; but so also did the Argentines who gave the ball away rather cheaply on many occasions. What did we do with those opportunities? The Argentine goal keeper was merely a spectator in that game and non of our ball troubled him from start to finish.

I tire o, abi na racism make us lose against Croatia dey hope to draw for this one? Naija team dey always hope on person loss to qualify not their own effort to win.
Abi we play the game with handcuff ne and Argentina wear jetpack with nitro for nyash?

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by zinizta: 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2018
poor defence....ekong is overrated
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by AfroSocaholic(f): 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2018
Who noticed the F you from Maradona? angry
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by teejaykkr(m): 11:35pm On Jun 26, 2018
FOR ME I SEE THE PROBLEM WITH THAT JERSEY O BECAUSE ITS NOT ATTRACTIVE AS THE ONE WE USE TO PLAY ICE LAND. WHO ELSE SEE WAT I SEE?
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by LucemFerre: 11:35pm On Jun 26, 2018
Anyways... If e pain una, create your own happiness... Lmao

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
kolaaderin:
Mickel is a shot one player for the team. Its 10 against 11.
its 10 against 13 grin
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by sinola(m): 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2018
Cletus77:
Although Nigeria lost the game, They fought valiantly. My observations were

1. The referee was somehow biased

2. The tight defence system should have started during 80th minute, not all through the second half

3. Nigerian players would have utilized at least one opportunity.
The least they wld hav done is to put on a black hand band to respect the situation back home,Bt ignorantly they didn't... The Gods re wise...thats y all their efforts flawed... My believe anyways

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Ojady(m): 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
1. The world cup is just another way for the oyinbo man to schemefully reinforce their erroneous belief that they are superior than the black man...how come soccer/football is the only sport (perhaps golf too) where World footballer has been oyinbo or latin America (semi oyinbo) whereas in all other sports na black man dey dominate. Every mundial the best in Europe & latin America have always gone to the World cup and all has been recycling. If Spain no win, na Brazil, if not its Germany and so on.

2. How many world class games did this team play and gave us the element of doubt as to better prospects? None...friendlies and qualifiers were not won convincingly...the biggest joke for me came when we took our eyes of their lack lustre pre world cup performance and settled for their pretty Jerseys (good marketing and pr from the manufacturers though) did fancy Jerseys ever win a world cup? Nope... little wonder a fan was quick to cover the jersey during the Croatia game...loyalty, when in denial of facts, will always be fluid...

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by deebrain(m): 12:00am On Jun 27, 2018
We entered the game with super over confidence that we will beat Argentina, judging from how we beat Iceland, which once drew with the former.

That was a major undoing
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 27, 2018
Nigerians should stop watching English league football. Knowing too much about the individual statistics of some of these players in foreign leagues makes us doubt our own competences and capabilities.

Croatia beat Argentina because they didn't care about who Messi is. We lost to Argentina because our players were afraid of Messi and also feel inferior to the Argentine players. From the on-set, Nigerian players doubted they could beat Messi. That is why they refused to tackle Argentina and were even afraid to try to score, except from free kicks.

Ighalo had serious doubts about his capabilities, while Etebe didn't believe he could stop Messi. In reality, Argentina is not a good team, the reason why this is their first win in the tournament. This match was clearly our match but we lost it due to lack of self confidence and a high dose of an inferior mindset. This psychology is why we lost to Argentina.

To proof my point, let us all watch how the next team that plays Argentina will destroy them, which will be because players of that team don't care about who Messi is.

As Nigerians, and indeed black Africans, we should have confidence in ourselves. All white-skinned people (different from white people) are not that good in everything, like we wont to think. South Americans like Argentinans are not necessarily better than us because their skin is white. These countries are just as undeveloped as our country, but when we see them we treat them as though they are superior.

Indeed, this "white skin is better" mindset that plagues us and other dark-skinned Africans must stop!

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by johnmattew: 12:05am On Jun 27, 2018
Ojady:
1. The world cup is just another way for the oyinbo man to schemefully reinforce their erroneous belief that they are superior than the black man...how come soccer/football is the only sport (perhaps golf too) where World footballer has been oyinbo or latin America (semi oyinbo) whereas in all other sports na black man dey dominate. Every mundial the best in Europe & latin America have always gone to the World cup and all has been recycling. If Spain no win, na Brazil, if not its Germany and so on.

2. How many world class games did this team play and gave us the element of doubt as to better prospects? None...friendlies and qualifiers were not won convincingly...the biggest joke for me came when we took our eyes of their lack lustre pre world cup performance and settled for their pretty Jerseys (good marketing and pr from the manufacturers though) did fancy Jerseys ever win a world cup? Nope... little wonder a fan was quick to cover the jersey during the Croatia game...loyalty, when in denial of facts, will always be fluid...
Ur 2nd comment is perfect ,but the first one is so stewpid....is Pele a white man?...did u realise that the ref actually favoured nigeria and was biased towards Argentina?...didn't u notice how ref broke FIFA rule by not awarding a red card to the Nigerian defender instead he gave yellow?our only goal wasn't even supposed to be a penalty but ref erroneously awarded it to us.....the most controversial penalty was actually the least controversial.ball-to-hand is NEVER a penalty

5 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by RexTramadol1: 12:05am On Jun 27, 2018
Kylekent59:
my observations were:
1. Ighalo is not a good striker.
2. our defenders failed to hold messi
3. immediately we scored d 1-1, they began to feel they have done better
4. there is no way to progress, we should have mourned those that died in platuae massacre more so should had given them a minute silence so that the whole world would see we are being killed by our government.
5. our coach should have changed player during those moment of 75 to 80 mins
and finally am very happy.

for the first time, I staked against Nigeria and I won.

thank you Nigeria, I benefited from your loss.

That number four was what hurt me the most

Not even a black band to commiserate with the bereaved.

They couldn't have won in 120minutes.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by chinchum(m): 12:17am On Jun 27, 2018
bonechamberlain:
yes there was bias in the second half from the ref, it seems everyone wants to see messi not Argentina in the world cup.

2[b]) ighalo is a below par striker, no difference between the goal he missed and the first one Musa scored against Iceland.[/b]

3) In any international tournament, Nigeria must make sure they have 50% home based and 50 international players. there was lack of hunger from the players.

4) etebo is the only world class player in the super eagles.

5) Nigeria should learn from Senegal and make use of local coaches.

6) Argentina is a very poor team, they won with experience and hunger
Musa's first goal was way harder....

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Cletus77(m): 12:38am On Jun 27, 2018
sinola:

The least they wld hav done is to put on a black hand band to respect the situation back home,Bt ignorantly they didn't... The Gods re wise...thats y all their efforts flawed... My believe anyways
You're entitled to ur own opinion
Anything can be the cause
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by mobtv: 12:43am On Jun 27, 2018
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Ndkings1(m): 1:09am On Jun 27, 2018
Cletus77:
U can't be serious
Sounds weird but it could be possible
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Danyel1z(m): 1:19am On Jun 27, 2018
I observed that the Super Eagles fashion parade is over
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by YeyeGirl(f): 1:23am On Jun 27, 2018
EVILFOREST:

This will be my last announcement.
Greetings all...
Abeg I predicted ooo.. Knew Argentina wud win.. Oya nna credit me biko
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by RonJeremy: 2:04am On Jun 27, 2018
I pray this is the last World Cup this shithole called Nigeria participates in before the inevitable break up..... 100s are being murdered in the Middle belt by Buhari and his Fula/Boko herdsmen and ignorant Nigerians are more concerned about 11 overpaid millionaires

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Nobody: 2:26am On Jun 27, 2018
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian & Ugandan Players Dancing With Paul Okoye Of Psquare. / Sani Kaita Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today / Barcelona Becomes The First Club To Have Players In Each Of The World Cup Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.