Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) (31299 Views)

AFCON 2019: Samuel Chukwueze Poses With His Man Of The Match Award / Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award / Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by gurunlocker: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2018
SirBaro:
Stick to cricket or hockey sir. No vex.

Lol.... Abi Tennis. I be Messi fan o, in fact die hard Messi fan..... I no too like how he played yesterday, his pases are short and lose possession easily, I believe you saw that yesterday? Aside from his goal and being active when they have 10 minutes to go.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by coolh3ad(m): 10:49am On Jun 27, 2018
Harrynight:

In as much as I would really love to see that happening,

Am afraid France don't have players nor what it takes to eliminate Argentina

FranceIsOverRated

Please tell them Boss!!. They are just shouting France up and down. France wey draw with Denmark and Manage beat Peru.....I still respect Belgium pass all these top notch countries....

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2018
coolh3ad:

The champions league wey he never win before or which champions league you dey talk of sef?
the champions league he won while destroying Ronaldo their fake idol
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 27, 2018
How many times did he lose the ball na? Na wa.

We should bring stats.

gurunlocker:

Lol.... Abi Tennis. I be Messi fan o, in fact die hard Messi fan..... I no too like how he played yesterday, his pases are short and lose possession easily, I believe you saw that yesterday? Aside from his goal and being active when they have 10 minutes to go.
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by gurunlocker: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2018
SirBaro:
How many times did he lose the ball na? Na wa.

We should bring stats.

Trust me, he was still average yesterday. He never unleash his terror like I want, make people know say khaki no be leather.
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by wildkat: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2018
blakid:
you deserved it Man, can't imagine watching a world cup without you.. Thank you #Rojo for keeping #Messi in this world cup..

Musa won dis same award before him. Many players have won it in this tournament before him. And I believe Ronaldo won it two times in this same tournament. And he's winning his now after almost 14 attempts in 3 matches.....Loool.

Why didn't he win it when he played Croatia or when he played Iceland? That award wouldn't have been in his hands if he hadn't played a stupid and ambitionless team like Nigeria. No wonder he clutches it like the Ballon d'or awards, cos he never believed he would win it at all. Looool
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 27, 2018
sunnysunny69:
The GOAT

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by blakid(m): 11:12am On Jun 27, 2018
wildkat:

Musa won dis same award before him. Many players have won it in this tournament before him. And I believe Ronaldo won it two times in this same tournament. And he's winning his now after almost 14 attempts in 3 matches.....Loool.

Why didn't he win it when he played Croatia or when he played Iceland? That award wouldn't have been in his hands if he hadn't played a stupid and ambitionless team like Nigeria. No wonder he clutches it like the Ballon d'or awards, cos he never believed he would win it at all. Looool
A pained citizen spoted..

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by wildkat: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2018
Nbote:
Pained Messi haters... Ronaldo scored one goal against Morocco and went completely missing till d end of d game but went home with d man of d match and everyone sings praises.. Messi running around with Nigerian players , beating dem with ease and scoring and den he doesn't deserve d award?

Just see you reasoning like an Ethiopian goat. Morocco played a fantastic football thereby overshadowing Ronaldo. Now, that's football. While Nigeria played like the buffoons they were there by giving Messi all the chances and making him look relevant. So tell me why won't Messi easily beat the buttons? Could he beat Iceland like that? He was sweating from his anus on that day. He was even messed up by the Croatians(3-0) and he walked out of the pitch like a frustrated maggot.
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2018
AgbitiOnne:
The only thing that will bring back my happiness and joy back is for France to do the whole world a Favour by beating Argentina for me

I hope they do.
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by wildkat: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2018
blakid:

A pained citizen spot..

You can say whatever you like, but the truth is clear. Even the commentators said it. What else can I expect from a person like u?
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by omogidi234(m): 11:23am On Jun 27, 2018
Kastonkastroll:
How in pete's name did he took Argentina to the round of 16? Was it not rojo that saved their overhyped _ass yesterday? Na wa oohh....... He doesn't deserve the man � of the match award. Messi didn't play � that much. Benega was the talisman yesterday. He totally controlled the mid-field yesterday. And Rohr _fucked up �yesterday. Playing a stupid 3-5-2 formation wasn't just it. Just because the formation gave you a good result against iceland doesn't really mean it will work � against Argentina. Keeping iwobi on the bench was another _fucking mistake.

Our defense was just so porous. A wise coach � would have played a 4-4-2 formation, a more defense minded formation.

Mumu coach �

I feel all the blame in that match should be at the coach's door mouth.

I think he should be fired immediately.

1. Ighalo missed 3 clear chances and you left him on the field.

2. There were about 7 to 8.interception Victor Moses did at the right full back. I know when it comes to this type of make or Mar game everybody becomes a defender. I think he should have figured out something was missing.

3.They were beating Idowu and using his flank to enter seriously, he should have done something about it.

4. The last one haba , Argentina was pumping in New players to the field and they were putting pressure on our boys, haha he could have brought as many people as the rules require to slow down the game at the 80th minute. Abi what is the essence of bench? Now that they lost would he have opportunity to use them?
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 27, 2018
Kastonkastroll:
How in pete's name did he took Argentina to the round of 16? Was it not rojo that saved their overhyped _ass yesterday? Na wa oohh....... He doesn't deserve the man � of the match award. Messi didn't play � that much. Benega was the talisman yesterday. He totally controlled the mid-field yesterday. And Rohr _fucked up �yesterday. Playing a stupid 3-5-2 formation wasn't just it. Just because the formation gave you a good result against iceland doesn't really mean it will work � against Argentina. Keeping iwobi on the bench was another _fucking mistake.

Our defense was just so porous. A wise coach � would have played a 4-4-2 formation, a more defense minded formation.

Mumu coach �
Bad belle is allowed!!!when Ronaldo scored against Morocco and he was not seen anywhere close to the ball for 70mins of the match,he was still given the man of the match!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Praktikals(m): 11:27am On Jun 27, 2018
SirClad:
This is the real man of the match, (Messi nah fake one)
Na wetin the VAR show the ref be this? In Davidoz voice Plenty dolla for the akanti o
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 27, 2018
wildkat:

Just see you reasoning like an Ethiopian goat. Morocco played a fantastic football thereby overshadowing Ronaldo. Now, that's football. While Nigeria played like the buffoons they were there by giving Messi all the chances and making him look relevant. So tell me why won't Messi easily beat the buttons? Could he beat Iceland like that? He was sweating from his anus on that day. He was even messed up by the Croatians(3-0) and he walked out of the pitch like a frustrated maggot.
tongue

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by wildkat: 11:29am On Jun 27, 2018
Highbrow:

tongue

Like I said earlier, you're that goat he's carrying over his shoulders. You have no brains again.
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 27, 2018
wildkat:

Like I said earlier, you're that goat he's carrying over his shoulders. You have no brains again.
Your father is a goat.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Kingsley1000(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2018
coolh3ad:

Please tell them Boss!!. They are just shouting France up and down. France wey draw with Denmark and Manage beat Peru.....I still respect Belgium pass all these top notch countries....
this weak Argentina can even beat france
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by MENTORCH(m): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2018
AgbitiOnne:
The only thing that will bring back my happiness and joy back is for France to do the whole world a Favour by beating Argentina for me

That one is sure, the issue is how many goals.
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by banjeezay(m): 11:38am On Jun 27, 2018
coolh3ad:

France has not really had a spectacular performance. Team wey draw with Denmark and manage beat Peru 1 - 0. It's not going to be an easy one for Argentina and France too.
i agree,like argentina like france, let see how it goes on Saturday.
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by tosinosam(m): 11:57am On Jun 27, 2018
some kept saying messi did not deserve to be the man of the match abegi kukuma go collect am give rojo na shebi hin go send money into your account. The fact is messi is their star player,he leads by scoring the first goal performed better and even tackled yesterday but rojo completed the whole thing.....bottomline is"as long as you are the star,you will be more favoured".Just like when some stupid VAR of a thing is choosing bigger teams for favour over the smaller ones.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Peterpanny: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
AgbitiOnne:
then your happiness is gone and gone for good.
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Prudent5217: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
Banega even deserved the Man of the match more than Messi
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Nbote(m): 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2018
wildkat:

Iran also played wonderful football ryt? U are d typical product of d crossbreed between sokoto Gudali and Ndama biu breeds...
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Peterpanny: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
Harrynight:
But what actually won Messi the award ahead of other players?
and am equally thinking too how did ronaldo manage to win the man of the match award against morroco.stop hating dude,if you wanna hate,goan hate on ur mommas black as* niggur.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by deglamour(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
I can't wait 2 watch Saturday's clash...
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by undisputed106(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
Rojo was the man of the match. Wetin Messi play
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Litbaby: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2018
Merrybet Punters League

Win N2m On Merrybet This World Cup In The Punters League Competition

The aim of this competition is to acknowledge and reward the skills of the Nigerian punters. Betting is so much more than luck as to consistently win most bets, a punter has to understand the sport, teams, and statistics. Punters can win in several categories.

In appreciation of their patronage, we will be giving cash prizes to our top winning customers who bet actively during the period of the FIFA Russia 2018 World Cup (June 25th- July 16th) The Merrybet punters league initiative is to reward the best winning bets during the Russia 2018 World cup.

To become a millionaire all you need to do is place your bets through the period of the world cup on www. and win the bet. The more bets you place and win, the more your chances of becoming a millionaire in less than 3 weeks. Each bet placed and won is awarded a number of points based on your odds.

1st position wins N2,000,000
2nd position wins N1,000,000
3rd position wins N500,000

There will be N10,000 cash prizes for the next 20 people

And weekly prizes as well; 1st - N20,000, 2nd - N15,000 & 3rd - N10,000 for the three weeks duration.

Rules

1. Only bet types allowed are singles and accumulators. Other bet types will not be accepted e.g Goliath, Yankee, 3-from-4 etc
2. A minimum accepted stake is N200. There is no maximum stake.
3. All sports and markets are accepted.
4. Points are only awarded for won bets.
5. All punters get 10 slots each week – the first 10 bet slips that meet the criteria will be added to Punters League i.e won bet slips
6. Points for a bet slip is made up of the individual points for each event on the bet slip. The odd for each event is rounded up to the nearest whole number. In essence, odds from .5 and above the odd will be rounded up to the nearest whole number while odds of .4 and below will be rounded down to the nearest whole number

So if you know you enjoy, win and get paid millions of naira for winning.

Start placing your bets now and make your dream a reality at the end of the world cup.
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
after yesterday I just come too hate this thing called Messi
Re: Lionel Messi Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics (Photos) by Thojan(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
The refree is my man of the match

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ovie Ejaria, Tipped To Replace Mikel Obi, Trending On UK Twitter / FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist / Super Eagles Player Ahmed Musa Visits IDP Camp (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.